我会告诉他您来了
I’ll tell him you’re here, sir.
多谢
Thanks.
但愿今天没有什么特殊的事情
I hope there’s nothing special tonight.
老爷在晚饭后有几个客人要见
His Lordship expects some gentlemen to call after dinner, sir.
那我尽量低调
Oh, I see. I’ll keep my head down, then.
反正我也要专心写我的专栏
I’ve got to write my column anyway.
-您正好赶上晚餐时间 -但愿不麻烦你
-You’re in time for dinner, if you like. -I hoped I would be.
我的教父他怎么样 身体好吗
How is my godfather? Fit?
很好 您要点心吗
Very well. Would you like some refreshment?
谢谢 再来点威士忌就更好了
Thank you very much. Some whisky would be lovely.
-他今晚要见谁 -我也没法回答您
-Who’s he expecting tonight? -I am unable to help you there.
什么 你也不知道
What, no idea?
一点也不知道 先生
No idea at all, sir.
-那我会很低调的 -你做的对 先生
-I’ll keep my head down all the same. -I think it’s a good idea, sir.
请进
Come in.
肯顿小姐
Miss Kenton.
卡迪纳尔先生刚到 让人出乎意料
Mr. Cardinal has just arrived, out of the blue.
给他准备一下他的房♥间
He’ll expect his usual room tonight.
-我出门前会去确认的 -你要出去
-I’ll see to it before I leave. -You’re going out this evening?
是的
I am indeed.
今天是星期四
It’s Thursday.
我忘记了 抱歉
Of course. I’d forgotten. Sorry.
有什么事情
Is something the matter?
有些客人要来 但跟您没什么关系
Some visitors are arriving, but it doesn’t involve you.
虽然每周四我都可以放假
We agreed that Thursday is my day off
但如果你急需我帮忙
but if you need me urgently
不用 今晚没什么事 谢谢
No, it’s perfectly all right. Thank you.
-史蒂文斯先生 -什么事
-Mr. Stevens. -Yes?
我有事要告诉你
I have something to tell you.
我的朋友
My friend
就是我去见的人 贝恩先生
the man I’m going to meet him, Mr. Benn.
贝恩先生 我知道
Mr. Benn. Of course. Yes.
他向我求婚了
He has asked me to marry him.
我还在考虑
I am thinking about it.
我明白了
I see.
他下个月要回到西南部去
He’s moving to the west country next month.
我也还在考虑
I’m still thinking about it.
我想事先通知您一下
I thought you should be informed of the situation.
好的 谢谢
Yes, thank you.
您真是太好心了
That’s most kind of you.
祝您今晚过的愉快
I trust you’ll have a most pleasant evening, Miss Kenton.
今晚什么有什么特别的事吗
Is there something special tonight?
您的访客 他们很特殊吗
Your visitors tonight, are they special?
不能告诉你 我的孩子 绝对保密
Can’t tell you, my boy. Strictly confidential.
-所以我不能在场了 -在哪
-So I can’t sit in on it? -Sit on what?
-你们会见的地方 -绝对不行
-Whatever it is that’s taking place. -Absolutely not.
像你这样的新闻记者不能插足这件事
Can’t have someone like you sticking your nose in. A journalist.
你们怎么称来着 狗仔队
What do you call it, a newshound?
绝对不行
No, it wouldn’t do at all.
吃好晚餐 你就别出来了
Once you’ve had your food, you’d better make yourself scarce.
看来很神秘的样子
It sounds pretty special to me.
晚上好 首相
Good evening, prime minister. How are you?
-抱歉 我们被耽搁了 -我能理解
-Sorry, we’ve been delayed. -I understand.
哈菲克斯公爵
Lord Halifax.
-很高兴见到您 -这是弗雷泽先生
-Very nice to see you. -This is Mr. Fraser.
晚上好 阁下
Good evening, Your Excellency.
请稍等 阁下 我去告知公爵
Please wait here, Your Excellency. I’ll inform His Lordship.
谢谢
Thank you.
我们不想把大英帝国卷入战争
We don’t intend to involve the whole British Empire in a war
仅仅因为在远方的一个小国家发生的争端
simply because of a quarrel in a faraway country
那里的人我们还完全不了解
between people of whom we know nothing.
对我来说 整个捷克斯洛伐克民族
To my mind, the whole of Czechoslovakia
还不如我们国家的任何一个年轻人
isn’t worth a single one of our own young men.
我们这里一群小国家吵嚷着要战争
We have a small, noisy and corrupt war group here
却没有意识到你们德国只是在清理自己的后院
who don’t realize that you Germans are marching into your own back yard.
元首打心底里是一个和平主义者
The Fuhrer is a man of peace to the depth of his soul
但他绝不允许一个二流国家
but he won’t allow a small second-rate country
在德意志帝国1000年的历史中指着自己的鼻子
to thumb its nose at the 1000-year German Reich.
我去吧
I’ll get it.
快醒醒
Come on, wake up!
保持清醒
Stay awake!
您能认出这位小姐是这儿的职员吗
Could you confirm that this lady is on the staff here?
是的 她是这儿的女管家
Yes, of course. She’s the housekeeper.
谢谢 先生
Thank you, sir.
-我可以走了吗 -当然 小姐
-May I? -Of course.
抱歉把您当坏人了
Sorry to have alarmed you.
只是以防万一
Just security, miss.
我相信您肯定过了一个很愉快的夜晚
I trust you’ve had a pleasant evening.
您过得愉快吗
Well, did you have a pleasant evening?
-是的 谢谢 -很好
-Yes, thank you. -Good.
你不想知道发生什么事吗
Would you like to know what took place?
我必须上楼去了
I have to return upstairs.
今晚有重要的事情
There are important events taking place this house tonight.
什么时候不是呢
When are there not?
我接受了
I accepted his proposal.
我接受了贝恩先生的求婚
I accepted Mr. Benn’s proposal of marriage.
恭喜您
My congratulations.
我准备交出辞职信了
I am prepared to serve out my notice.
如果您能早点放我走 我将感激不尽
But if you’d release me earlier, I’d be grateful.
贝恩先生打算半个月内就动身
Mr. Benn is planning to leave for the west country in two weeks’ time.
我尽力
I’ll do my best.
请恕我失陪
Now, please excuse me.
史蒂史蒂文斯先生
Mr. Stevens.
我在这儿工作了这么多年
After all the years I have been working in this house,
你没什么要说吗
have you nothing else to say to me?
我向您献上最诚挚的祝福
You have my warmest congratulations.
您是一个非常重要的人
Did you know you’ve been a very important figure
对于我和贝恩先生
for Mr. Benn and me.
怎么重要
Oh, in what way?
我告诉他所有您的细节
I tell him all sorts of things about you.
我告诉他您的故事 您的习惯
I tell him stories about you. About your habits.
关于您的言谈举止
About your mannerisms.
他觉得十分有趣 特别是您
He finds it very funny, especially when I show him how
往食物上洒胡椒粉的时候会捏住鼻子
you pinch your nose when you put pepper on your food.
这总让我们忍♥不住大笑
That always has us in stitches.
是吗
Does it, indeed?
那么 请
Well, please
允许我失陪 肯顿小姐
excuse me, Miss Kenton.
晚安
Good night.
谢谢
Thanks.
我们做了很长时间的朋友 是吧
We’ve been friends a long time, haven’t we?
我每次来这儿 总是期待跟你谈话
I always look forward to a chat when I come here.
你可以跟我坐下来一起喝一杯吗
Would you care to join me in a drink?
您真好 但是不了 谢谢
That’s most kind of you, but no, thank you.
你没事吧
You all right?
我非常好
I’m perfectly all right.
没有觉得不舒服吗
Not feeling unwell, are you?
只是有点累
A little tired, perhaps.
肯定的 现在都 凌晨1点了
I bet you’re tired. What is it, about 1:00?
过来
Come on.
我要你坐下
I want you to sit down.
先生 我真的
Well, sir, I really
我不是碰巧才来这儿的
I didn’t come here by accident.
你知道吧
You know that.
我有条线报 关于
I had a tip-off, you see
现在正在书房♥里的客人
about what’s going on now in the library.
我希望你坐下 我是你的朋友
I wish you’d sit down. I’m your friend
你总端着盘子 好像随时就要走似的
and you’re holding that tray as if you’re about to wander off any second!
过来 坐下
Now, come on. Sit down, damn it!
好多了
That’s better.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!