this is a tell-tale sign of the monsoons really.
泰国海豹突击队想要零风险行动,那根本不可能
VERN: The Thai Navy SEALs want zero risk. That’s not gonna happen.
但似乎打破平衡的是一位名叫“乔什·莫里斯”的绅士
But what appeared to tip the balance was a gentleman called, “Josh Morris.”
当我到达的时候,我说,“我有一所攀岩学校,
JOSH MORRIS: When I arrived, I said, “I have a climbing and caving school,
“我会说泰语。”萨内和我在一起工作。
“and I speak Thai.” Thanet and I were working together.
然后我碰到了弗恩,他告诉我,事态并不那么乐观
Then I bumped into Vern, who let me know, kind of, things weren’t so hunky-dory.
然后我碰到了弗恩,他告诉我,事态并不那么乐观
Then I bumped into Vern, who let me know, kind of, things weren’t so hunky-dory.
乔什·莫里斯
顾问、登山者、探洞者
然后我碰到了弗恩,他告诉我,事态并不那么乐观
Then I bumped into Vern, who let me know, kind of, things weren’t so hunky-dory.
我在【哔……】那里有关系, 所以,我。。。
I have access to, like… So, I…
-所以,他们现在不会听我们的了。-我今天早上刚碰到他,
-RICK: So, they won’t listen to us now. -I just bumped into him this morning,
我很乐意为你疏通疏通。我要记一下吗?
and I’d be happy to communicate for you. Shall I take notes?
约翰显然很紧张,他说,“如果下雨,
John was visibly stressed. And he said, “If it rains,
“水涨了,就没人能进洞了
“and the waters come up, nobody’s getting in that cave.
“那里的条件很糟糕。
“The conditions are terrible in there.
“他们裹着保暖毯,每个人看起来都很高兴,
“They’re in those blankets and everybody looks happy,
“但是滞留的空间太臭了
“but the room stinks,
他们没有食物,身上有伤,好像要生病了。”
they don’t have any food, they’ve got cuts, like, they’re gonna get sick.”
我说,“你在说什么?我没听说过这些。
I said, “What are you talking about? I haven’t heard any of that.
“他们有多少食物?”他说,
“How much food do they have?” And he said,
“他们大约有100顿饭。”
“They’ve got about a 100 meals.”
-氧气现在处于什么水平?我们知道吗?-我们测过,15%
-Oxygen is at what level now? Do we know? -So we measured it at 15.
但我们不是……好像是16%。
But we’re not… It could be 16 percent.
你知道我们很安全。
You know we play it safe.
潜水怎么样?你们觉得怎么样?
How about the dive? How do you guys feel about that?
这是非常非常危险,但他们没有其他机会。
It’s exceptionally, exceptionally risky. But they haven’t got any other chance.
你不认为有任何机会吗?
You don’t think there’s any chance?
-如果他们不潜水-你在录像吗?
-If they don’t dive… -Are you recording?
最后,当晚我们等到了需要的听众
DEREK: Finally, we got the audience we needed that night.
内政部长来了,
The Minister of the Interior came, and everybody ended up
大家最后和我一起在房♥间里,我帮忙翻译。
in the room together, and I helped to translate.
我们刚刚向他们介绍了计划。
DEREK: We just walked them through the plan.
我认为人们面临的最大问题仍然是
I think the biggest questions that people were having still
风险,你知道吗?就像,我告诉他们,“这是非常危险的。
was, like, the risk, you know? And like, I told ’em, “It’s extremely risky.
“但如果你能让一个孩子活着回到父母身边,
“But if you could get one kid back to their parents alive,
“这对我来说就是成功的。”
“that to me would be a success.”
他们问了我很多问题。
RICHARD: They asked me lots of questions.
“我为什么选择这种药物?我为什么选择这些剂量?”
“Why was I choosing this drug? Why was I choosing these doses?”
我不得不不断向他们强调,“听着,这是我最好的猜测,
And I had to keep emphasizing to them, “Look, this is my best guess,
“以前没有人做过,我完全愿意接受更好的建议。”
“nobody’s ever done it before, I am totally open to a better suggestion.”
我记得我感觉自己像个二手车推销员
I remember feeling like a used car salesman
他想把一枚旧炸♥弹♥卖♥♥给一些毫无戒心的人。。。
who was trying to sell an old bomb to some unsuspecting people…
嗯,我只是。。。我觉得自己只是个骗子。
um, and I just… I felt like just a liar.
他们一直问,“我们能把他们留在那里吗?”
DEREK: They kept asking, “Can we just leave them in there?”
这件事一直摆在桌面上。
That kept coming back on the table.
我说,“我们的氧气快用完了。”
And I said, “Well, we’re running out of oxygen.”
此外,我们还计算了2000顿我们必须带进来的饭菜。
Also, we calculated 2,000 meals we’d have to bring in.
一旦雨再次下起,你就不能逆流而上了。
And once the rain started again you couldn’t swim against those flows.
然后萨内和我又回到了另一个会议上。
JOSH MORRIS: And then Thanet and I ended back up in another meeting.
那时候我对部长说,
At one point I said to the minister,
“我能给你的唯一保证是,如果你不潜水,
“The only guarantee I can give you is that if you don’t dive,
“每个人都会死。
“everyone will die.
“我羡慕你不必下水,先生。两种选择都很糟糕,
“I don’t envy you, sir. Both choices are terrible,
“但是不救比救更糟糕。”
“but one is worse than the other.”
第15天
第二天早上,我们照旧没有得到批准
RICK: Still, the following morning, we didn’t have the go ahead,
但我们开始指定了一个实际的运输计划,
but we came up with an actual, logistical plan,
包含了真正的操作细节。
the real nuts and bolts of how it was going to work.
从运送孩子到打包孩子
How we were going to transport the boys to how we were gonna package them.
圆筒要放在孩子的前面,而不是后面。
The cylinder was going to go on the front of the child, not the back.
所以当他们面朝下漂浮时,氧气瓶就像龙骨一样。
So that when they were floating face down, that tank would act like a keel.
我们发现你需要正压面罩。。。
We worked out that you needed positive pressure masks…
如果你漏水,水会向外而不是向内。
so if you made a leak, it’d go outwards and not inwards.
美国人碰巧有四个这样的面具。
And the Americans happened to have four of these masks.
所以,这意味着我们要进去很多次。我们必须每天进去,保持三天。
So, that meant we’d go in multiple times. We had to go in every day, for three days.
这是是做演练的
JOHN: There was a demonstration that was done,
美国人称之为岩石应急演练
the Americans called it a rock drill.
一个叫做概念排练的大型演习。
DEREK: A big drill called the rehearsal of concept.
我们尽可能地模拟救人过程。
We kind of simulated the extraction as best we could.
-这里是700米,这里是300米。-实际潜水距离是500米
那么合计……
如果水上来了
(IN ENGLISH) If the water comes up…
就有用,但对决策者来说更有用。
It was useful, but it was more useful for people making the decisions.
他们突然意识到,某种程度上,要采取一些疯狂的手段
They suddenly realized that, sort of, there is some method to the madness,
也许我们能成功。
and maybe we could pull it off.
一位来自澳大利亚的外交人员走到我面前说,
One of the foreign affairs guys from Australia came up to me and said,
“听着,为了……为了让你充分了解利害得失
“Look, in the… in the interest of full disclosure,
“我只能告诉你,如果在救援过程中
“I just need to tell you that if something goes wrong
“出了什么问题,并不是没有可能
“during the rescue, it’s not impossible
“你可能最终被泰国司法系统审判。”
“that you could end up in the Thai judicial system.”
我说,“什么?你是说‘监禁’?”
And I said, “What? You mean, ‘imprisonment’?”
他说,“是的,这是最坏的情况,
And he said, “Yeah, that’s sort of the worst-case scenario,
“这里的规定相当苛刻。”
“and the rules here are pretty harsh.”
如果事情出了差错,
BEN SVASTI: If things had gone wrong,
公众舆♥论♥很快就会抵♥制♥他们。
public opinion would have turned against them very quickly.
倒是有一个撤离计划。
RICK: There was an extraction plan in place.
让我们坐在货车上,开车在偏僻的路上横穿乡间
To put us in a van, drive us cross-country on back roads
跑路到大使♥馆♥。这些都很像詹姆斯·邦德
to the embassy compound. So, all very James Bond-esque.
一个绿色的保密屏障
FEMALE REPORTER: There is a green privacy screen
现在已经竖起了,堵住了洞穴的入口。
that has now been put up, blocking the entrance to the cave.
这也许是另一个迹象,表明救援日期将至
This is perhaps another indication this rescue could be incredibly close.
内政部长在凌晨2点左右说,
It was about 2:00 in the morning that the Minister for the Interior said,
“好吧,假设你们计划明天开始,
“Okay, assume the plans going ahead tomorrow,
“明天早上我们给你们开绿灯。”
“um, and we’ll give you the green light in the morning.”
我们每天晚上都要听取汇报。
FIONA: We had a debrief every night,
在第一个救援日的前一天晚上,
and on the night before the first rescue day,
正好是我们结婚28周年纪念日
which incidentally was our 28th wedding anniversary…
但那天晚上我和他谈过,他概述了他们要做什么。
But I spoke to him that night, and he outlined what they were gonna do.
这是一次糟糕的谈话,因为他说,“听着
It was a terrible conversation, ’cause he said, “Look,
“我认为不会
“I don’t think it’ll…
“成功,我想他们可能会在麻醉状态下溺死。”
“work, I think they’ll probably drown under anesthetic.”
那天晚上我根本睡不着,躺在床上,我想,
RICHARD: I slept very badly that night. Lying in bed, I thought,
“我是能抓住这个机会,用这个方法救出孩子的那个人吗?”
“Who am I to take this chance to get the kids out this way?”
但是放弃并把他们留在那里,这是不可能的,你不能这样做。
But to walk away and leave them in there, that’s impossible, you can’t do it.
另一件事给了我勇气去经历这一切
The other thing that gave me the courage to go through with this
是我爸爸。
was my dad.
我爸爸是一名医生,他是一名血管外科医生。
My dad was a doctor, he was a vascular surgeon.
我从父亲那里学到的最多
The thing I’ve got from my father more than anything
是对待别人的方式。
was the way to treat other people.
你知道,他是个非常慷慨的人。
You know, he’s a very generous man.
这对我来说是一个很好的教诲,我试着像他那样对待别人。
It was a good lesson to me to try and treat people the way he did.
第16天
救灾重地,闲人免进
禁止现场直播
请把东西移走
记者收到通知,要求返回
REPORTER 1: (IN ENGLISH) Reporters say they’ve been ordered to get back.
营地周围有传言
REPORTER 2: There are rumors floating around the camp
这次救援行动会在今天尽快进行。
that this rescue could even be happening as soon as today.
被困人员家属们只能焦急地观望和等待。
REPORTER 3: The relatives can only watch and wait anxiously.
为了最后的救援,泰国医疗队
REPORTER 4: For a final rescue, Thai medical teams
正在进行救援演习……
are running rescue drills…
我让泰国医务人员在一夜之间,
RICHARD: I got the Thai medical people, overnight,
将所有药物预先填充到注射器里
to prepare all the drugs into prefilled syringes.
我基本上要教其余的潜水员
I had to basically teach the rest of the divers
如何给孩子注射第二支
how to top up the child with another injection.
孩子们会在最后一个房♥间里注射镇静剂,
CHRIS: The boys were gonna be sedated in the final chamber,
但要把它们潜出来需要两个多小时。
but it would take more than two hours to dive them out.
所以,镇静剂药效会消失。
So, that sedative would wear off.
我们有必要重新注射镇静剂。
It would be necessary for us to readminister that sedative.
所以,我们上了一节小小的麻醉入门课
RICHARD: So, we had a little anesthesia 101 class.
基本上我只是说,“把它插在他们的腿上,
Basically I just said, “Stick it in their leg,
“最好是在他们大腿外侧,穿过潜水服,
“preferably on the outside of their thigh, jab it through the wetsuit,
“即使戳到骨头了也没关系。
“and it doesn’t matter if you hit the bone.
“不会出什么差错的。”我再一次满口谎言。
“Nothing could possibly go wrong.” Once again, lying through my teeth.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!