You’ve got a long way to go, so, keep winding, keep winding!
直到…
Until you get…
奇点
A singularity.
时空奇点
A space-time singularity,
宇宙源自黑洞的爆♥炸♥
so the universe born from a black hole exploding.
-继续 -继续什么
– Keep going. – What do you mean, “Keep going”, what…
宇宙起源之前吗
before the universe began?
不是 继续 用数学方法解决
No, no, no, no! Keep going, develop the mathematics!
好了 好了
Okay, all right. Very good.
用力顶 用力顶
Push it as hard as you can! Push it, push it!
-用力 -我用力了
– As hard as you can. – I am pushing as hard as I can.
怎么… 一 二 一 二
Why… count 1… 1, 2… 1, 2…
怎么不…
Why won’t it…
好了
All right, all right.
无名指 第四个夹子
Fourth finger, fourth peg.
是运动神经元病
It’s called motor neuron disease.
神经元逐步失调
It’s a progressive neurological disorder
导致控制肌肉运动的脑细胞受损
that destroys the cells in the brain that control essential muscle activity,
比如
such as…
讲话 行走 呼吸 吞咽
Speaking, walking, breathing, swallowing
控制肌肉运动的电♥信♥♥号♥♥收到了干扰
The signals that muscles must receive in order to move are disrupted.
结果就是肌肉逐步萎缩
The result is… gradual muscle decay, wasting away.
最终彻底地
Eventually, the ability to
丧失运动能力
control voluntary movement is… lost… entirely.
平均寿命是发病后两年
I’m afraid average life expectancy is two years.
我也无能为力
There’s nothing I can do for you.
大脑呢
What about the brain?
大脑不受影响 你的思想依然在
The brain isn’t affected, you’re thoughts won’t change.
就是
It’s… just that…
到最后 没人能知道你在想什么了
Well, eventually, no one will know what they are.
非常抱歉
I’m ever so sorry.
欢迎收看本周的自然世界
Welcome to this week’s episode of “The Natural World”,
这次 我们找到了剑桥的一位杰出物理学家
where this week we explore the bizarre hibernation patterns
研究他的冬眠规律
of the rare Cambridge Physicist,
就是盛装的这位
seen here in his remarkable plumage…”
怎么样 他们怎么说的 你的手腕怎么样
So, how was it? What did they say, how’s your wrist?
我病了 布莱恩
I have a disease, Bri.
是花柳病吗 斯蒂芬
Is it venereal… Stephen?
是运动神经元病
I have motor neuron disease.
不好意思
Sorry, I don’t…
卢·葛雷克病 他是个棒球运动员
It’s Lou Gehrig’s disease, he’s a baseball player.
不好意思 神经运动 棒球什么的病
Sorry, I’m lagging behind in my pioneering research into
我还没深入研究过
obscure, motor, baseball related diseases.
-我还剩两年 -什么
– I have two years to live. – Sorry?
大声说出来就不那么怪了是吧
It does sound odd when you say it out loud, doesn’t it?
什么意思 不可能
Whatchya mean? No, you don’t.
他们 他们
What did… what did… what…
他们怎么说的 我刚没仔细…
what did they say? Sorry, I… I don’t really…
走吧 布莱恩
Will you go, Brian?
斯蒂芬 我就是闹着玩
Stephen, I was just being a berk…
我没…我肯定…
I didn’t… I’m so… I’ll be…
走吧
You go.
斯蒂芬 找你的电♥话♥ 是个姑娘
Stephen, phone for you. It’s a girl.
-回头见 -好的
– I’ll see you soon. – Yes.
她在等着呢
She’s waiting.
斯蒂芬
Stephen?
简 简
Jane. Jane!
-简 -布莱恩
– Jane! – Brian.
真抱歉 我
Hello. Sorry… I’m…
坐下吧
Why don’t you sit down.
真抱歉
I’m so sorry.
我昨天跟斯蒂芬谈过
I spoke to Stephen, uh, yesterday,
我知道你给他打过电♥话♥
and I know that you called him…
有教育意义吗
Something educational?
非常有
Very.
约翰跟玛莎有外遇
John is having an affair with Martha,
可玛莎爱着阿兰
but Martha is in love with Alan,
不过阿兰应该是同性恋
and I think that Alan is probably homosexual,
看他的毛衣 我呢 我在尽力
by the look of his jumper, so, well, I’m just trying
计算他们幸福的可能性
to work out the mathematical probability of happiness.
要算出来了吗
Are you close?
应该是零点几 不过还差着远呢
It’s some integer of zero, but, no, I’m not quite there yet.
-斯蒂芬 -他刚走
– Stephen. – You just missed him.
之前还在这
He was here earlier.
别这样
Don’t do this.
走吧
Go!
槌球
Croquet.
跟我打一场
Play a game with me.
快走
Go!
你要是不站起来跟我打一场
If you don’t get up and play a game with me…
我就不回来了
I won’t come back here again…
永远不来了
…ever.
来吧
Come on!
你走吧
Leave me now.
你不想谈谈吗
Are you going to talk about this or not?
-快走不好吗 -你想要我走吗
– Will you please just go? – Is that what you want?
是 我想要你走 走吧
Yes, it is what I want, so, please,
你要是还在乎我 就走吧
if you care about me all, then, please, just go!
-不行 -我只剩两年了
– I can’t. – I have two years to live.
-我还要工作 -我爱你
– I need to work. – I love you.
你这 你得出了错误结论
You’ve… you’ve leapt to… that’s a false conclusion…
我要和你在一起 有多就是多久
I want us to be together, for as long as we’ve got,
时间不长的话
and if that’s not very long then, well,
也没事 两年也够
that’s just how it is… it’ll have to do.
你不知道会怎么样 我的一切都受影响
You don’t know what’s coming. It’ll affect everything.
你眼镜总是这么脏
Your glasses are always dirty.
好了
There.
好多了吧
That’s better, isn’t it?

Yes.
是啊
Yes, it is.
在盒子边缘
Now the solutions to the Schrodinger
薛定谔方程是无解的 所以…
equation must vanish at the boundary of the box, so we have…
时间
Time!
你的课题是时间吗
Time, that’s your subject?
有具体方向吗
Any aspect in particular?
就是时间
Time.
请进 请进
Come in, come in.
你应该不知道自己面对的是什么 简
I don’t think you realize what lies ahead, Jane.
他的寿命非常短
His life is going to be very short.
要小心 你是在和科学作对
So, be careful, the weight of science is against you.
而且你没有抗争的机会
And this will not be a fight, Jane.
我们都会被打败
This is going to be a very heavy defeat…
…所有人
…for all of us.
我知道你们都怎么想
I know what you all think… that…
觉得我不是很坚强
That I don’t look a terribly strong person.
可我爱他
But I love him.
他也爱我
And he loves me.
我们要一起抗争…
We’re going to fight this illness together…
…大家一起
…all of us.
祝你好运
Good luck.
-早上好 斯蒂芬 -早上好 教授
– Good morning, Stephen. – Good morning, professor.
我知道 我知道
I know, I know…
-…方程要更优雅一点 -是啊
– …got to be a little more elegant. – Yes, that’s what…
我懂…
I understand…
进来吧 斯蒂芬
Come in, Stephen.
我知道 一开始都担心这个
I know it’s something we’re all worried about initially.
但我知道 罗杰
But I knew, Roger…
你之前也是有所保留的
you had some reservation about it in the early days.
斯蒂芬·霍金
没错 但不是每个原理都这样
Yes, but it’s not uncommon in any theory.
是的
Yes.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!