But Professor No. The answers are all there in the test.
可是 教授 不 答案在考试中
Aren’t you forgetting something?
你没忘什么吗?
I know. It’s something to do with the third differential coefficient.
我知道 三次微分系数嘛
Not that. Tonight. What?
不是那个 今晚 什么?
Emma?
艾玛?
What time is it? Almost 5:00.
现在几点? 差不多5点了
Oh, God.
天哪
My proposal for utilizing solarpower, rejected.
我的太阳能计划被驳回
My concepts for harnessing micro-energy waves, rejected.
电磁波计划也没有被批准
The dean suggests that I focus on something that might actually help mankind.
系主任要我把心思放在对人类有帮助的计划
Like his study on the benefits of tobacco consumption.
就像他们的研究;烟草生产利益
Alex, the problem is your ideas are a bit too… radical.
问题是你的研究主题太先进了
The problem is with the faculty. They’re dinosaurs.
问题是系上教授就像恐龙
They’re already extinct,they just don’t know it.
绝种了还不自知
They’ll be discovered by some future archaeologist, and he won’t know what to make of them.
日后被考古学家挖出来 没人知道他们靠什么生存
Their dim little eyes, devoid of any curiosity
目光如豆 毫无生气
Alex, it’s your first year as associate professor.
亚力 你才当副教授
You might want to play things a little more conservatively.
最好别那样冲动
You sound just like myfather.
你口气跟我老爸一样
Look at them, Philby. All alike. All in identical bowler hats.
看看他们 一模一样的高脚帽
Do you want your students to turn out like that?
难道你希望你的学生全都变得跟他们一样吗?
I want my students prepared for the realities of the world they’re about to greet.
我要他们面对现实的世界
Well, I don’t. I want themto run along this street and knock off every bowler they see.
我可不 我希望他们冲到路上去把所有人的高脚帽都拍掉
Mrs. Watchit!
瓦琪太太!
Oh, huzzah, the master’s home.
主人回来了
Did you get it?Hello, Mr. Philby.
准备好了吗? 你好 费比先生
Hello, Mrs. Watchit. You’re looking in the pink.
你好 瓦琪太太 你气色很佳
Must be all the exercise I get scampering up and down these stairs like a wee lad.
因为我每天跑上跑下打扫屋子
Don’t torture me. Did you get it? I got it.
别损我 准备好了吗? 好了
Good. Let me see. But don’t you think for one moment…
太好了 让我看看 你不认为你应该
I’m going to let you go out in that filthy jacket.
不过你要是穿着这件脏外套 我可不准你出门
Now, go in there and change.
快进去换衣服
And you’ve got another letter from that annoying little man.
那个怪人又来了封信
Well, go ahead. Switch it on.
没关系 试试看呀
It’ll help people keep their teeth well into their 40s.
这东西让你四十几岁时还能有口好牙
You might think about having that cleaned. Oh, who has the time?
你的衣服应该洗洗了吧 谁有那时间
How did you know with Molly? Know what?
你和茉莉怎么认识的 想知道什么?
You were meant to be together. She made the best shepherd’s pie I ever tasted.
你们天生注定就是一对 她做的肉馅没人比得上
Don’t you have a single romantic bone in your body?
难道你没用一点浪漫的情怀吗?
No. I’m all bowler hat.
没有 我一直都是那么硬板
Why do you waste your time on that crack pot?
干吗浪费时间和那个怪人通信?
Because he has some very interesting ideas.
他有些有趣的想法
A professor at Columbia should not be corresponding with a crazy German bookkeeper.
堂堂哥伦比亚大学的教授不应该和个德国记帐员瞎搞
He’s a patent clerk, not a bookkeeper.
他是专利承办员 不是记帐员
I think Mr. Einstein deserves all the support I can give him.
这位爱因斯坦先生不简单 我会尽力帮助他
I wonder if we’ll ever go too far?
我担心我们会不会太过头了
With what? With this.
什么太过头? 这个
With all of this.
还有这一切
No such thing.
没这样的事
All right. How do I look?
好了 我看起来如何?
Practically decent. Really, Alex. Good luck tonight.
帅到不行了 祝今晚好运
She’s a fine girl. She’s done wonderful things for you.
她是个好女孩 你们在一起会很幸福
Don’tworry. You still have that alluring smell of chalk.
别担心 你身上还有粉笔味道可以迷死她了
Oh, gotta hurry.
我得快点
Now, that’s more like it. You looka proper gentleman for once.
现在好多了 看起来总算像个样子了
Well, you better hope so. If Emma turns me down, you’ll be next.
希望如此 要是艾玛拒绝我 你就是下一个对象
Oh, I’m already swooning.
我等不及了
All right. Wish me luck.
好吧 祝我好运
Thank you.
谢谢
Fresh flowers. Fresh flowers.
鲜花 鲜花
Have some flowers, sir. Not tonight, thanks.
买♥♥束花吧 先生 不用 谢谢
No. I promised her flowers.
不行 我答应要买♥♥花送她
Spectacular.
很拉风
Spectacular waste of money. Damn thing’s always breaking down.
简直花大钱找罪受 这东西老是出毛病
Do you need a lift? Yes, yes.
要搭车吗? 要 要
How do you keep the water temperature stable? There’s a cant ilevered gasket…
这东西水温如何保持稳定? 有个悬杆式的塞子
on the fuel regulator
在油门调节器上
Oh, God. Uh

Much obliged. I’m always forgetting the damn brake.
谢了 我老是忘了拉起刹车
Hop in. I’ll give you a perambulation before it breaks down again.
上来吧 在下次故障前 我还可以送你一程
Oh, uh, I’m afraid I have a prior engagement.
我有个重要约会
Well, another time then. We perambulate here most every night.
那就下次吧 反正我每晚都在这
Certainly.
没问题
Get a horse!
去骑匹马吧
Yes.
好啦
Alexander?
亚力山大?
Oh! Whoa.
哦!哇
You’re late, Professor. I got here as soon as I could.
你迟到了 教授 我已经尽快
Well, they say it’s all the rage in Paris. But I just picked it up–
这是巴黎最流行的 我在梅西百货花5块钱买♥♥的
Five dollars at Macy’s. Silly, isn’t it? Very silly. I like it.
有点土 是吧 土毙了 不过我喜欢
Well, where are they?
嗯 东西在哪里?
What? The flowers.
什么? 鲜花呀
You promised me flowers tonight. Don’t you even remember?
你说今晚要买♥♥花送我 你忘了吗?
Oh, I’m sorry. I…Well, I was distracted.
抱歉 我不太专心
Well, there’s something new.
这倒是新鲜事
Uh, Emma, I need to talk toyou.
艾玛 我有事情要跟你说
Oh, uh, shall we walk through the park? Yes.
我们到公园走走 好呀
Professor, you’re shivering. I hope you’re not coming down with something.
教授 你在发抖 你该不会生病了
Well, I’m afraid I am.
呃 可能是哦
I’m not sleeping very well, and even when I’m awake, I’m not much use.
我这阵子一直睡不好 即使是清醒时也浑浑噩噩
I can’t eat or think or do much of anything anymore.
茶饭不思昏昏沉沉
And the worst part is, I don’t know that I’ll ever be well.
最惨的是 不知会不会好起来
I think there’s only one remedy, and that’s for you to marry me…
我想只有一个办法可以治好 就是请你嫁给我
and spend the rest of your life with me.
一辈子跟我在一起
Oh, Emma, I know it’s right. I know we’re meant to be together.
艾玛 我们结婚是对的 我们命中注定要在一起
It’s the only thing in my entire life I’ve never had to think about.
这件事我从不曾怀疑
Oh, Alex.
亚力
Uh-Uh, wait. I have something for you.
等等 我有东西送你
You know, the moment is rather dying here.
你知道 这一刻比死还难过
I…I know. Hold on. Oh.
我知道 等等
I know it’s not a diamond. A moonstone.
不是钻石 是月长石
Well, it’s your birthstone. I thought…
这是你的生辰石 我想
You thought right.
我很喜欢
I just might cry.
我太感动了
I couldn’t help but over hear.
我忍♥不住听到你们的悄悄话
Two fine young people starting out on the road of life.
两个年轻男女携手共渡人生旅程
I wish you the very best.
祝你们幸福快乐
Well, thank you. And as much as I hate to do this…
谢谢 其实我不想这么做
moved as I am byy our…protestations of love…
可我被你们的真情告白所感动
I’ll be needing your money now.
不过还是请你把钱交出来
Sir? And yourjewelry too.
先生? 还有你的首饰珠宝
I guess we could call this your first little bump on the road to marital bliss.
这可算是你们婚姻旅程中遇上的第一个难关
I don’t understand… Don’t make a scene. There’s no cause for that.
我不明白 别大声嚷嚷 不必挣扎
just give me your wallet, will you? Hmm?
快把钱包给我
Did you hear me, lad?
听到了吗,小伙子?
Uh, all right, all right. Here. That’s everything.
好吧 好吧 拿去 都给你
And your watch.
还有手表
And the gloves.
手套
And the ring. No.
还有戒指 不
I’m afraid so, darling.
恐怕由不得你 亲爱的
And maybe he’ll buy you a diamond now. Please, please. Not that.
搞不好他会买♥♥钻戒补偿你 求求你别这样
Don’t!
不!
Why did you do that? It’s only a ring.
干吗这样? 不过是个戒指
Emma?
艾玛?
Emma?
艾玛?
Oh!
哦!
What?
什么事?
Oh. Oh, sir, Mr. Philby’s here.
主人 费比先生来了
Here? Yes, sir. He insisted on coming
来了? 是的 主人 他坚持要过来的
Tell him to go away. I’m busy. I won’t go away, Alex.
叫他回去 我在忙 我不回去 亚力

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!