There was a brilliant way about Velouria.
维洛丽亚有一种异乎寻常的风格魅力
She had a virginal quality that contrasted her ice-cold outer shell.
她天真无邪的气质 与她冷若冰霜的外表形成鲜明的对比
Looking back, I realize I was the only one to notice.
回过头看 我才意识到 我是那时唯一注意到这一点的人
Yeah, she was a bitch, for sure.
是的 她是个婊♥子♥ 没错
Her breasts, her cheekbones, her legs.
她的胸部 她的脸颊 她的双腿
She saw it all in the mirror every morning
每天早晨 她注视中镜中自己所有这一切
and was well aware of the power held therein.
她完全了解这其中所蕴含的力量
No one could touch her or intimidate her.
没有人可以触碰她 或者胁迫她
She rarely looked anyone in the eye.
她几乎不正眼瞧任何人
I once saw Brad Dorsey, captain of the soccer team,
有一次我看到布拉德·多尔西 足球队的队长
crying by his locker.
在他的衣柜旁哭泣
She dumped him after one date and took his balls with her.
一次约会之后就把他给甩了 也捎带掳走了他的勇气
From that day forward, he never played sports again.
自那一天起 他就再也没有参加过运动队
This was a prime example of the witchery she casts.
这当然是她施展妖媚巫术 最有代表性的一个例证
But I wasn’t attracted to her pale beauty.
她算是有几分姿色 我却不为所动
I was more turned on by the little girl within.
她内心深处的那个小女孩才更让我冲动
It was this thought that I masturbated to, every afternoon.
这才是我每天下午自♥慰♥时 意淫的对象
And not her thighs or flat stomach.
而不是她的大腿 或者平坦的腹部
I imagined her breaking down and begging me never to leave her
我想象着她嚎啕大哭 乞求我永远不要离开他
because I was the only one who truly understood the Velouria within.
因为我是那个唯一真正了解维洛丽亚内心深处的人
And when I finished,
完事之后
I looked at the small puddle of cum I had generated and wondered…
我望着那滩刚刚发射的体液 心想…
“Why did I just waste this on a table top?”
“我♥干♥嘛要把这个浪费在桌子上?”
Um, how old were you when this story took place?
呃 这个故事发生时 你多大了?
I was, um…
我那时 呃…
sixth grade.
六年级
Ew.

Sidney, I asked the class to write an essay on the meaning of life.
西德尼 我让全班写一篇关于人生意义的散文
I thought this was appropriate for that topic.
我觉得我的这篇非常切题
Well, it’s not.
得了 并非如此
It was highly inappropriate.
这极不恰当
Um… okay.
呃… 好吧
She’s gonna fail you.
她会让你挂科
I just hate her, you know.
我就是不喜欢她 你知道
Hey, look, I don’t like her very much either,
嘿 听着 我也非常不喜欢她
but it doesn’t mean she’s a bad teacher.
但这并不意味着她就不是个好老师
She had a book published. A romance novel.
她已经出版了一本书 一本爱情小说
But still, you’re going to have to figure out a way to get a passing grade from her.
尽管如此 你还是得想办法 从她手上拿到一个及格的分数
Better rewrite those essays. You know what it is?
你最好重写这篇散文 你知道怎么?
It’s her…
那是她的…
it’s her limited definition of 20th century writers.
那是她对20世纪作家定义的局限性
What about Hunter S. Thompson?
亨特·汤普森如何?
What about David Foster Wallace, you know?
戴维·福斯特·华♥莱♥士♥如何 你知道?
William Gibson.
威廉·吉布森
You know, someone contemporary. Sidney.
你知道 那些当代作家 西德尼
I went to a meeting earlier today and I fought for you.
今天早些时候我去参加了一个会议 我也为你辩护来着
But she thinks you’ve targeted her, and let’s face it, she’s right.
不过她认为你有意针对她 我们得正视现实 她也没错
What if I wrote a novel? No one’s questioning your ability.
如果我也写了本小说呢? 没有人怀疑你的能力
It’s your subject matter that’s getting you in trouble.
你写作的主题 才是让你陷入麻烦的根源
You know what they’d do to me if I printed half the stories…
知道吗 他们会怎么对我 假设即使我只印出一半…
you’ve submitted for the school paper?
你已投稿到校报的小说?
Okay.
好吧
Let’s say you did write a novel.
譬如说 你真的写了一本小说
What would it be about?
那会是一个怎么样的故事?
It’s about a suicide victim from a small town.
这是一个来自一座小镇自杀牺牲者的故事
Did you think when you wrote it
当你写作这本小说时 你是否认为
that it would go on to have this kind of success?
它会继续获得这样的成功呢?
No, I mean… I didn’t even know I could make a living off of it, honestly.
不 我的意思是… 我甚至不知道我是否能依靠它维持生活 坦白说
I was just hoping that one person would buy it,
我只是希望有人会买♥♥下这本书
one person would want to read it.
有人愿意读它
Millions of people have bought it.
无数的读者买♥♥了这本书
Mmmhmm. Millions.
嗯哼 数以百万计的
Yeah.
是的
To that point, how do you follow up a book like Suburban Tragedy?
就那一点而言 你是如何延续一本小说的理念 就像《郊区悲剧》?
I can’t think about it that way. I just keep writing.
我没法考虑这方面的问题 我只是不停地写
And when can we expect your next book?
然后 什么时候我们能期待你的下一本书?
Soon.
很快
Okay! You have an 11:00 o’clock at Sushi Dan with Porter House.
行!11点你和波特·豪斯出版公♥司♥在寿司丹餐厅共进午餐
A 1:00 o’clock live interview with JNN.
下午1点在日本新闻网有一个现场采访
Flight is at 5:00 and…
航♥班♥是在下午5点 然后…
And?
还有吗?
Dr. Baum says you still haven’t contacted the therapist he recommended
巴姆医生说 你还没有联络他推荐的治疗师
and that he will reschedule the MRI again.
然后 他会重新安排核磁共振的时间
Thoughts, comments?
有什么想法 意见吗?
I’ll do the MRI. I’m not seeing a therapist.
我会去做核磁共振 不过我不需要治疗师
I need a divorce attorney, not a shrink.
我需要的是一个离婚律师 不是一个精神科大夫
How’d you feel about the interview?
刚才的采访 你感觉如何?
Oh, best one you’ve ever done.
哦 你做过的最好的一个吧
You ready?
准备好了吗?
He didn’t have a lot on him…
他身上没有带太多东西…
He did have a duffle bag.
他有一个帆布杂物袋
I mean, he just had practically everything he owned.
我的意思是 这几乎是他有的所有的东西了
I asked him one time, I asked him where he was headed.
我问过他一次 我问他要去哪里
And I won’t forget it, he looked at me…
我不会忘记 他看着我…
And he just said, “May 25th.”
然后说 “5月25日”
That was it, it was, “May 25th.”
就是那样 就是 “5月25日”
He was a lunatic.
他是个疯子
You could tell just by looking at him. He was ranting, raving.
你看到他的样子就能明白 他口出狂言 胡言乱语
Next thing you know, there’s a fire in the corner.
你知道的另一件是 就是角落里的一堆火
What’d he look like?
他长相如何?
I don’t know, he was, uh…
不好说 他就是 呃…
Early mid-30s, white.
35岁出头 白人
Kinda filthy. Big beard.
有点脏兮兮的 大胡子
Big beard. Yeah. Sunglasses. Kinda… Yeah, he was obviously…
大胡子 没错 戴着墨镜 有点… 是的 他明显是…
You could tell he was like mentally, you know, slow.
看得出来 他可能精神上 你知道 有些迟钝
What is your name?
你叫什么名字?
Bauer, David Bauer.
鲍尔 大卫·鲍尔
Mr. Bauer.
鲍尔先生
Sit down.
请坐
Is this the man you’re referring to?
你说的就是这个人吗?
Yeah. Yep, that’s him.
是的 没错 就是他
Are you sure? Yeah, I’m positive.
你肯定吗? 是的 非常肯定
Mr. Bauer.
鲍尔先生
Tell me if this sounds familiar.
如果这听上去很熟悉 请告诉我
A man walks into a store.
一个男人走进一家商店
He’s a drifter. Modestly dressed.
他是个流浪汉 穿着普通
He searches the establishment for a certain section of books,
他搜索这栋建筑 寻找某一特定类别的书籍
which contain a particular literature that he deems unreadable.
其中包括一些他认为不适合阅读的 特定的文学作品
He takes these books.
他取走这些书
Takes out a can of lighter fluid.
拿出一罐打火机燃料
Fire.
着火了
He’s not alone when he does this.
他做这些的时候 并不是一个人
There’s a hound dog.
还有一条猎犬
An old hound dog, about this tall.
一条上了岁数的猎犬 大概这么高
Did you happen to see this dog?
你有碰巧看到这条狗吗?
Well, it’s against library policy to allow pets into the building, so, no.
其实 携带宠物入内有违图书馆的政策 所以 没见过
I wonder what he did with the dog.
我想知道 他带着这条狗做什么
I don’t know, maybe he left it at home like a normal person.
不知道 也许他留条狗在家 可以让他看上去像个正常人
If he had a home, that would be a wonderful option.
如果他有家 那倒是种挺不错的自♥由♥
You’ll have to excuse me for not having a lot sympathy
或许你得原谅我 对他不抱有太多的同情
for a guy who walks in here and burns books in public places.
因为这个家伙闯进这里 而且在公共设施内焚烧书籍
And neither do I.
我也有同感
However, there is something I know that you don’t.
不过 有件事情我知道 你却未必
Yeah, what’s that?
是么 是什么?
I know why he burned the books.
我知道他为什么要烧书
Why?
为什么?
Because he wrote them.
因为这些书就是他写的
Good day, Mr. Bauer.
日安 鲍尔先生
Can I help you with something?
有什么事需要帮忙吗?
Uh, yeah, I need to talk to you.
呃 没错 我想找你谈谈

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!