你也知道我不要用你的钱 结果我回来时阿东告诉我 你已经付过房♥租了
I didn’t want your money, and ah tong tells me you paid the rent with it.
劳勃,拜托你别放弃作画 你如果放弃的话,你的心就死了
Robert, please not give up painting. Without painting you’ll die inside.
我也会死的,但我牺牲无所谓 重要的是能让你扬名立万
Then I die. But I not important. Only important you be important.
你要我怎么办?待在家里让你我挨饿?
What am I going to do? Sit here and let us starve,
靠吃我的自尊心维生 直到我被哽死?
swallowing bits of my pride until it chokes me?
你为何不让我帮你?你打算如何帮我?
Why you not let me help? – Just how do you propose to do that?
再回去“上班”?
Go back to work?-
我不在乎
I not mind.
反正那是没有爱,没有感情 就好像和一个人跳支舞一样
No love, no feeling, just like holding someone for a dance.
是吗?那我要怎么配合?在你把你的水手
What do I do? Walk around the block
带回来办事时出去散散步?你知道这一来我将变成什么?
while you bring sailors here? You know what that makes me?
劳勃 –你滚!去当个妓♥女♥吧!
Robert! – Get out! Be a prostitute!
我一开始就不应该找上你 我在两分钟内就可找到10个像你这样的女人
I shouldn’t have touched you. I can get ten like you in two minutes.
我只需要拿起电♥话♥来就行了 你要不要看我表演?阿东?
All I have to do is use the phone. You want to see? Ah tong.
抱歉,劳勃,今天没见到 好吧!谢了
Sorry, Robert, not today. – Ok, thanks.
冠黎,近来有看到苏丝吗?
Oh, gwenny, has Suzie been around?
苏丝每次都是和你一起到酒吧来
Suzie never come in bar without you, Robert.
罗勃,有什么事不对劲吗?不,没什么?
Something wrong? – No, no.
可能她去看电影了
Maybe she go to see movie.
有一部电影刚上映,很好看 我自己就已经去看过三次了
New picture just started, very good. I see three times.
或许吧!我去找她
Yeah, maybe. I’ll look for her.
对不起
I’m sorry.
你好吗?
有一个姓黄的女孩…
A girl there, wong.
她住在上面… –我不知道
我想也是!
Of course I’m-
她是你的亲属?一个朋友
Is she a relation? – A friend.
她在此地有什么亲戚吗?我想是没有
Has she got any relations? – Not that I know of.
–她在哪里工作?这重要吗?
Where’d she work? – Is that important?
是的,如果我们要去问别人的话 南阁大酒店
It is if we’re going to ask questions. – Nam kok bar.
好吧!她是个妓♥女♥ 但你们最起码也有些档案吧?
She’s a wan chai girl, but at least you people must have some records.
好吧!我们将尽力去试试看
Very well, I’ll see what I can do.
但你得知道 有三百万人住在香港
Understand that there are 3 million people in Hong Kong.
有超过两百万人是难民 他们住在贫民窟和小船上 或流落街头
Over 2 million are refugees, who live in anthills, sampans and streets.
而且每个月又会有好几千人 会从中国大♥陆♥跑来此地
Thousands more come in from China every month.
我们手上当然有档案 但我们已经24小时忙不过来了
Certainly, we have records, but our hands are full 24 hours a day.
我知道这机会很微小 但你们最少可试试看啊!
I know what the odds are, but at least you can try.
当然了…
Of course.
叫什么名字?苏丝黄
Name? – Suzie wong.
下来,下来啊!
保证让你满意的,下来啊!
下来,下来啊!
下来,下来啊
下来,先生,下来啊
下来…
我问过每个人苏丝去了哪里 但没有人知道
I ask everybody where Suzie went, Robert. Nobody see.
她就这么消失了 我一定得找到她,冠黎
She just disappear. – I’ve got to find her, gwenny.
我知道她需要我 或许她会写一封很好的信给你
I know she needs me. – Maybe she write nice letter.
你也知道她是不会写字
You know she can’t write.
我会随时帮你注意的
I keep looking.
好的,谢谢你 罗勃
Yeah. Thanks. – Robert.
我帮你打了双袜子 希望能适合你的脚
I knit socks for you. I hope they fit.
你真是个好女孩
You’re a doll.
你在找女孩吗?先生 是的,苏丝
You looking for girl, mister? – Yes, Suzie.
你喜欢我吗?要不要带我回去?回去玩你的洋娃娃吧!
You like me? Take me with you. – Go back and play with your dolls.
别这样,先生,我可以替你解闷
Oh, please, mister, you lonely, I make you forget.
先生,选我吧!我是个好女孩
Mister, take me with you. I very nice.
选我吧!都走开!
No, take me with you. – Get away, get away.
苏丝 –你回来了啊?
Suzie. – Well, there you are.
门没锁,希望你不会介意吧?
The door was open. I hope you don’t mind.
当然不了,凯 –你到哪里去了?
Of course not, Kay. – Where have you been?
在雨中散步
Out in the rain, mostly.
有什么事不对劲吗?不!是好事
Is something wrong? – Something’s right.
他们卖♥♥了一幅你的画 而且对其它的几幅也很有兴趣
They sold one of your paintings, and there’s a lot of interest in the others.
我知道这是笔小数目 却也是个好的开始啊!
I know it’s not much money, but it is a start.
我好高兴,特别跑来通知你
I was so excited, I had to come and tell you.
你知道卖♥♥掉的是哪一幅吗?当然是苏丝了
Which one was it? Do you know? – Suzie, of course.
当然了…
OF course.
我失去了她,凯,她走了
I’ve lost her, Kay. She’s gone.
再另外找个模特儿不就成了?
Well… oh, well, we’ll just have to find you another model.
没这么简单
It isn’t that simple.
我爱她
I love her.
你该不会是说真的吧?
You don’t mean it?
为什么不?她…
Why not? – Well, she…
你应该知道为什么
You know why.
是的,道德上的差异…
Oh, yes, the problem of morals.
我并不期望你能了解 我自己当初也不了解
I can’t expect you to understand. I didn’t.
我不断地问自己… 如果我是她的话会怎么样?
Now I keep asking myself, what would I have done if I had been she?
一个受惊的孩子,挨饿,孤单?
A frightened child, hungry, alone.
我会偷窃来维生吗?我会…
Would I steal to survive? Would I…?
我为了要活下去 会做出什么样的事来?
Just how far would I go in order to keep on living?
苏丝学会了假装…
Suzie learned to pretend.
假装她的身体,她的爱 和她的灵魂…
Make believe that her body, her love and her soul were…
都是分开来的
All separate and apart.
我本来是能够改变她的…
I could have changed that.
这就是我当初不明白的地方
That’s what I didn’t understand.
抱歉
I’m sorry.
你为何不换掉湿衣服 到我家来吃晚饭?
Get out of those wet clothes and come over for dinner.
我爸在香港认识许多人 我相信他会愿意帮忙
Father knows a lot of people in Hong Kong. I’m sure he’d want to help.
这事若传出去会给人笑死
It’d be laughable if it wasn’t so filthy.
我竟然得和一个在港口边讨生活的小乞儿竞争
I’m forced to compete with a waterfront tramp.
冷静点,亲爱的 我从不曾见过你这样
This is upsetting. I’ve never seen you like this.
你不曾见过我恋爱
You’ve never seen me in love before.
请告诉他你会帮助他 如此你就可帮助我
Please, tell him you’ll help him, then don’t. Help me.
如果他不爱你呢?凯 他可能爱着我
And if he isn’t in love with you, Kay? – He could be.
他是我这辈子唯一想要的男人
He’s the only man in my life I’ve ever wanted.
如果我得用她那方法得到他 我也愿意!
And if I have to get him the way she did, I’ll do it.
–别说这种话,凯 这么做是无法得到幸福
Now, stop it, Kay. That’s no way to find happiness.
罗麦仕先生来了 好,请他进来
Mr. Lomax is here, sir. – All right, show him in.
你到底要帮我 还是帮一个湾仔区的妓♥女♥?
Are you going to help me or a wan chai street-girl?
我将帮我的女儿
I’m going to help my daughter.
很抱歉,我来晚了 街上淹水
I’m sorry I’m late. The streets are flooded.
–我知道,劳勃 每年这时候都会下雨
It’s always the same this time of year. It’s these rains.
我给你倒杯酒暖暖身 凯告诉我,你卖♥♥了一幅画的事
Let me get you a drink. Kay told me about the painting.
恭喜你了 –谢谢
Congratulations. – Oh, thanks.
我也告诉他那女孩的事 他愿意帮你
I also told him about the girl. He’s going to help you.
–是的,我明早将告诉警♥察♥局长那女孩的模样
Yes, I’ll give the commissioner a description in the morning.
这一来他就可以找到她了 但你难道不认为应该
He might be able to trace her. But don’t you think it might be wiser
让那女孩走她自己决定要走的路
to allow the girl to abide by the decision she seems to have made herself?
她不知道我现在心中的感受
She doesn’t know how I feel now.
你是否又清楚你自己的感受?
And are you sure you know how you feel?
我要娶她
I’d marry her.
你愿意和一个苍老的中国妻子共渡你的余生吗?
You’d be happy to spend the end of your days with an old Chinese wife?
不管我娶的是谁 我自己也一样会变老啊!
Well, I couldn’t prevent growing old, no matter who I married.
劳勃,你得面对一些残酷的事实
Robert, I want you to face some hard realities.
比方说,我的银行就无法雇用一个娶了这种女人的人
For example, I couldn’t employ a man in my bank who married such a girl.
你过去所高喊的自♥由♥主义到哪里去了? –我还有
What happened to your liberalism? – Oh, I have it.
但我也有一群董事会的董事们
I also have a board of directors
他们的妻子们恐怕将很不以为然
who have wives with a great deal of bitterness
因为她们的丈夫们有过像苏丝这样的女子
because their husbands have girls like Suzie.
还好我不必娶你那些董事们之中的一个!
It’s fortunate one doesn’t have to marry your board of directors.
爸爸已经答应帮你找到她了
Father said he’d help you find her.
凯,我一定得找到她 我吃不下饭,无法作画 无法成眠
Kay, I’ve got to find her. I can’t eat. I can’t paint. I can’t sleep.
画苏丝又不是你生命里的一切
Painting Suzie isn’t everything.
如果你不再画她也不会死啊!
If you never painted her again you wouldn’t die.
抱歉,我今晚不适宜在府上作客
You’ll have to excuse me. I’m not fit company tonight.
谢了
But thanks.
我到底说错了什么话?
Well, what did I say that was wrong?
像这样才对…
Like this.
劳勃
Robert.
苏丝
Suzie.
苏丝,你回来了 你站在雨中做什么?
You’ve come back. What are you doing in the rain?
你不恨我吧?我们仍是朋友?我爱你啊!
You not hate me? We friends still? – I love you.
–那么你得帮助我 山坡上的房♥子被雨水冲毁了
You help me, then. Houses on hills wash down.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!