根据真实故事改编
向左 多哥 向左
Haw, Togo! Haw! Haw!
就这样 好狗
Good dog! Good dog!
别理会
Leave it!
不要理会
Leave it alone!
乖狗
Good dog.
干得好 多哥
Well done, Togo!
大伙都是好样的
Well done, all!
今晚吃大餐睡暖窝
There’ll be full bellies and warm beds tonight.
好了 多哥 出发
All right, Togo! Hike!
阿♥拉♥斯加州 诺姆
1925年1月24日
裁缝店 酒馆
白喉
勿入
爆发了白喉
There’s been a diphtheria outbreak.
多长时间了
How long?
-一周多了 -康斯坦丝呢
– More than a week. – Constance?
没事 她没事
Fine. She’s fine.
得病的大部分是孩子
It’s mostly children.
已经死了五个了
Five have died.
愿他们安息
Bless them.
诺姆这里就有二十多个感染的
Twenty more sick here in Nome.
天知道因纽特人的村子里有多少人感染
And no telling how many in the Inuit villages.
他们在费尔班克斯找到了血清
They found serum in Fairbanks.
只是不知道该怎么从那边运过来
They just don’t know how to get it from there to here.
总之 大家都在德克斯特酒馆 他们要见你
Anyway, everybody’s at Dexter’s, and they’re asking for you.
前进
Hike!
我们的孩子们得了传染病
What we have in our children is an epidemic.
如果没有抗毒素 就算不是全部
And without antitoxin, it’s a death sentence to most,
大部分感染的孩子也会没命
if not all those infected.
好消息是
The good news is,
他们在费尔班克斯铁路医院找到了血清
they’ve located antitoxin at the Fairbanks Railroad Hospital,
他们准备下一班火车把血清送去尼纳纳
and they’re ready to put it on the next train to Nenana.
从这到尼纳纳往返还有要966公里
A round trip from here to Nenana is still 600 miles.
费尔班克斯有飞机 我们可以空运过来
They have aeroplanes in Fairbanks, and we could fly it here.
你来的时候没看到地平线上乌云密布吗
Did you see those clouds on the horizon when you came over?
当然看到了 但也许没那么糟糕
Of course I did, but maybe it’s not as bad as it looks.
赛裴拉 你刚从外面回来 你觉得呢
Seppala, you were out there. What do you think?
会很糟糕
It’s going to be bad.
多糟糕
How bad?
百年一遇吧
Memorable, I think.
有什么根据吗
What makes you think?
看起来就像世界末日
Well, it looks biblical enough,
气压正以令人担忧的速度下降 但是…
and the barometer’s falling in a pretty disturbing way but…
但是什么
But what?
我们今早遇到了驯鹿
We came up on caribou this morning.
大约在我们右前方182米 它看见了
About 200 yards to our right, he saw them.
我已经准备刹车了
My foot was ready on the brake,
但是它没理睬 继续跑
and he ignored them and kept running.
那一刻 我就知道这场暴风雪非同寻常
That’s when I knew this storm was special.
不好意思 我没明白
I’m sorry, I don’t understand.
多哥爱追驯鹿是出了名的
Togo’s a caribou chaser of some renown.
我还是不明白
I still don’t understand.
十二年来 它没有一次不去追的
Never in 12 years had he not at least turned for them.
当动物开始抵抗自己的天性
When an animal denies his nature
因为害怕暴风雪而向窝里跑
and runs for the barn because he fears the storm…
那人最好也怀有畏惧
man better fear the storm.
这样
I see.
像这种暴风雪 你一去一回需要多久
In a storm like this, how quickly could you get there and back?
不是”多久”的问题
Not “how quickly,”
是”能不能”
“if.”
那还是空运吧
Then I say aeroplane.
敞篷飞机
Open cockpit aeroplane?
水冷式引擎 你管费尔班克斯那个叫机场
Water-cooled engines? Did you call that airfield in Fairbanks?
他们正在做评估
They’re making an assessment.
肯定的
I’ll bet they are.
我认为空运绝对不可能
I seriously don’t think flying’s an option.
但是至于你”多久”的问题
But, in answer to your question, “how quick?”
赛裴拉曾经为我跑过一次
Seppala once ran for me,
一路直奔尼纳纳 用了四天
all the way to Nenana, in four days.
仅供参考
For factual reference only.
就我个人而言 我认为不应该用机器
Personally I never cared for the notion that sled dogs
取代雪橇犬
should be replaced by machines,
但今天 我是进步的拥护者
but today I’m a champion of progress.
走吧 狗狗
Come on, pup.
赛裴拉 你路过医院吗
Seppala, you going by the hospital?
上来吧
Climb on.
出发
Hike!
剧院
医院
非常感谢
Much obliged.
祝你好运 医生
Good luck, doctor.
城镇的兴起一般都是靠地形
Towns are, uh, usually founded by topography…
靠近道路或者河流
proximity to roads and rivers.
诺姆是靠运气
Nome was founded by luck.
铁砧溪的金子
The gold at Anvil Creek?
肉眼可见
You could see it with your naked eye,
直接就能伸手从沙子里捡出来
pick it up with your fingers from the sand.
金子没了
Gold dries up.
运气也没了
Luck dries up.
它哪来的精神头
Where does he find the energy?
它觉得自己还是十周大
By his reckoning, he’s still ten weeks old.
那你决定去了
So, you’ll go?
我刚到家 就这么急着摆脱我
I just got home. You’re anxious to be rid of me?
有可能是
Could be.
不想让我回来是有原因的吧
Have reason for me to be gone, do you?
我有很多情人
I have lovers.
多得数不过来
Too many to count.
那只能怪我自己
I have no one but myself to blame.
早就有人警告我不要娶这么漂亮的老婆
I was warned not to marry someone so beautiful.
谁警告你的
Warned by whom?
凡是长眼睛的
Everyone with eyesight.
那你去吗
So, you will go?
我没那个打算
I have no such inclination.
那你为什么给雪撬板打蜡
Then why are you waxing sled runners?
需要打蜡了
They need wax.
这种天气有可能跑完吗
Can it even be done in this weather?
凡事皆有可能
Anything can be done.
那这次就让他们找别人吧
Well, let them choose someone else for once.
-当时满屋子都是雪橇人 -是啊
– The room was full of mushers. – Right.
但他们总是来找我老公
But it’s always my husband they come for.
应该让病人的亲属去
Pick someone with more at stake in this.
我经过医院 那些孩子都是我们看着长大的
I stopped at the hospital. All those children, we know them.
我知道
I know.
住在马龙旁边的小女孩
That little girl that lives next to Mallon
总是跑出去摸狗
and always runs out to pet the dogs.
萨利 她谁的狗都摸 可不只是你的
Sally, who pets everyone’s dogs, not just yours.
我们跟这些孩子和他们的家长都相熟
We know those children. We know their parents.
我明白 明天我会鄙视我自己
I understand this. And tomorrow I’ll be ashamed.
但现在 恐怕要抱歉了
But right now, I’m sorry, I’m afraid.
这不是第一次有暴风雪侵袭阿♥拉♥斯加
It’s not the first storm to hit Alaska.
别敷衍我
Don’t patronize me.
你说得对
You’re right.
别带多哥去 福瑞兹可以领头
Don’t take Togo. Fritz could lead.
真的要去我再决定
I’ll cross that bridge when and if.
它十二岁了
He’s 12 years old.
之前你都说它太老了没法去埃尔瓦尔德
You said he’s too old to go to Elwald,
而去那里的距离还不及这次的四分之一
and that isn’t even a quarter of this distance.
你这是庸人自扰
You’re upsetting yourself for nothing.
快睡吧
Let’s go to sleep.
我得把话说在前头
I must say this before you make
以免你做出之后会后悔的决定
a decision you’ll forever regret.
你太依赖它了 你自己都没意识到
You’re more attached to him than you know,

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
前一篇文章黑色1847
下一篇文章悲惨世界(2012)
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!