它会终结你的梦境 梦会破灭的
And it’ll finish your dream. It’ll destroy it.
我向你保证 好吗
I promise you. All right?
走吧 我先送你回家
Come on now. I’ll take you home.
不 我没事
No. I’ll be all right.
你中午再过来
You come back here around noon.
马厩
玛德琳 你现在在哪儿
Madeleine, where are you now?
-跟你在一起 -这一切都是真的
– Here with you. – And it’s all real.
不只是百年前 或许是一年前
It’s not merely as it was 100 years ago, or a year ago,
或半年前 你曾经在某一刻来过这里
Or six months ago, or whenever it was you were here to see it.
玛德琳 想想你什么时候到过这里
Now, Madeleine, think of when you were here.
那时没有这么多车厢
There were not so many carriages then.
马厩里有很多马
There were horses in the stalls.
一匹红褐色 两匹黑色 一匹灰色
A bay, two black and a gray.
这曾经是我们最喜爱的地方
It was our favorite place.
但是我们不许在这里玩耍
But we were forbidden to play here.
特丽萨修女会责骂我们
Sister Teresa would scold us.
看这里 这是你的灰马
Look at this. Well, here’s your gray horse.
不推的话 很难把它带出马厩
Have a little trouble getting in and out of the stail without being pushed,
但尽管如此…
But even so…
你看到了吗 一切都解释得通
You see? There’s an answer for everything.
玛德琳 试一试
Madeleine, try.
为了我试一试
Try for me.
-我爱你 玛德琳 -我也爱你
– I love you, Madeleine. – I love you, too.
太晚了 太晚了
Too late. Too late.
不 不 我们在一起了
No, no, we’re together.
不 太晚了 有件事我必须去做
No, it’s too late. There’s something I must do.
不 你不必做任何事情
No. There’s nothing you must do.
你不必做任何事情
There’s nothing you must do.
没人占有你 你跟我在一起是安全的
No one possesses you. You’re safe with me.
不 太迟了
No, it’s too late.
这不公平 太迟了
Look. It’s not fair. It’s too late.
不应该是这样的 不应该发生这样的事
It wasn’t supposed to happen this way. It shouldn’t have happened.
这一切已经发生了 我们相爱了
It had to happen. We’re in love.
这才是最要紧的
That’s all that counts.
放开我 请让我走吧
Look, let me go. Please let me go!
听我说 听我说
Listen to me. Listen to me.
-你相信我爱你吧 -是的
– You believe I love you? – Yes.
那么如果你失去了我 你要知道我…
And if you lose me, then you’ll know I…
我爱你 我会一直爱着你
I loved you and I wanted to go on loving you.
我不会失去你的
I won’t lose you.
-让我单独进教堂去 -为什么
– Let me go into the church, alone. – But why?
玛德琳
Madeleine!
玛德琳
Madeleine!
玛德琳
Madeleine!
费格森
Ferguson.
埃尔斯特先生
Mr. Elster,
怀疑妻子的精神状态不好
Suspecting that all was not well with his wife’s mental state,
因此采取了预防措施
Took the preliminary precaution of…
让费格森先生代为关注他的妻子
Having her watched by Mr. Ferguson,
以免其发生危险
Lest any harm befall her.
你曾听说埃尔斯特先生准备
And you have heard that Mr. Elster was prepared…
带他的妻子去疗养院
To take his wife to an institution,
在那里她的精神问题
Where her mental health would have
将由有资深的专家进行诊疗
Been in the hands of qualified specialists.
费格森先生作为一名退休侦探
Mr. Ferguson, being an ex-detective,
看起来是一个看守和保护
Would have seemed the proper choice…
的理想人选
For the role of watchdog and protector.
你们已经了解到 这是个不幸的选择
As you have learned, it was an unfortunate choice.
然而 我想你们都同意
However, I think you’ll agree that
在这件事情上 丈夫不应受到任何指责
No blame can be attached to the husband.
他之所以未能及时把妻子送去治疗
His delay in putting his wife under medical care was due…
只是需要先了解妻子行为的信息
Only to the need for information as to her behavior,
该信息正是他期望从费格森先生那里得到的
Which he expected to get from Mr. Ferguson.
他已做了所有预防措施来保护他妻子
He had taken every precaution to protect his wife.
他并没有料到费格森先生的疾病
He could not have anticipated that Mr. Ferguson’s weakness,
他的恐高症
His fear of heights,
会在最紧急的关头发作
Would make him powerless when he was most needed.
至于费格森先生
As to Mr. Ferguson,
我们从他的前领导
You have heard his former superior,
来自北部的汉森探长那里
Detective Captain Hansen, from that great city to the north,
得到了有关他人品和能力的证词
Testify as to his character and ability.
汉森探长非常热心
Captain Hansen was most enthusiastic.
事实上 有一次在类似情况下
The fact that once before, under similar circumstances,
费格森先生致使一名警员同事坠楼身亡
Mr. Ferguson allowed a police colleague to fall to his death,
汉森探长将它说成是”不幸的意外”
Captain Hansen dismissed as an “unfortunate incident.”
当然 费格森先生也曾经
Of course, Mr. Ferguson is to be congratulated…
救过那位女士的性命
On having once saved the woman’s life,
她在上次精神错乱时
When, in a previous fit of aberration,
曾经在跳海试图自杀
She threw herself into the bay.
在已知她的自杀倾向后
It is a pity that knowing her suicidal tendencies,
第二次不幸发生时 他未能尽力
He did not make a greater effort the second time.
但我们在此并不是裁断
But we are not here to pass judgment…
费格森先生的主动性的 他什么都没做
On Mr. Ferguson’s lack of initiative. He did nothing.
法律并没有规定 将事情置之不理
And the law has little to say on the subject of things left undone.
以及在看到尸体坠落后古怪行为的裁定
Nor does his strange behavior after he saw the body fall…
也与陪审团的裁定无关
Have any bearing on your verdict.
他没有留在自杀现场 而是一走了之
He did not remain at the scene of the death. He left.
他声称自己当时脑海一片空白
He claims he suffered a mental blackout
在他几个小时后回到
And knew nothing more until he found himseif…
自己旧金山的公♥寓♥之前什么都不记得了
Back in his own apartment in San Francisco several hours later.
你们可以接受这个解释 也可以不接受
You may accept that, or not.
或者你也可以相信他受不了因自己软弱
Or you may believe that having once again allowed someone to die,
而再一次致人死亡的悲惨结局
He couid not face the tragic resuit of his own weakness
于是他逃跑了
And ran away.
这与评审团的裁决也无关系
That has nothing to do with your verdict.
这是他与自己的良知之间的问题
It is a matter between him and his own conscience.
根据玛德琳·埃尔斯特死前的精神状况
Now, from the evidence of the state of mind of Madeleine Eister prior to her death,
死亡方式
From the manner of her death,
以及验尸结果所显示的真正死亡原因来看
And from the postmortem examination of the body showing the actual cause of her death,
您应该轻易就能够宣布裁决了 先生们
You should have no difficuity in reaching your verdict, gentlemen.
如果您愿意 可以离开了
You may retire if you wish.
等一下 琼斯先生
Hoid on, Mr. Jones.
-我们已达成判决共识 -谢谢
– We’ve reached a verdict. – Thank you.
“陪审团认定玛德琳·埃尔斯特
“The jury finds that Madeleine Eister committed suicide…
在精神不稳定的情况下自杀身亡”
While of unsound mind.”
裁决将被记录在案 休庭
Your verdict will be so recorded. Dismissed.
好了 斯考蒂 我们走吧
All right, Scottie, let’s go.
我可以跟他说几句话吗
Mind if I speak to him for a minute?
没关系 请便
No, go ahead.
斯考蒂
Scottie.
对不起 斯考蒂 刚才太无礼了
Sorry, Scottie. That was rough.
他没有权力那样说你
He had no right to speak to you like that.
这是我的责任 我不该把你牵扯进来
It was my responsibility. I shouldn’t have got you invoived.
不 你不用跟我说什么
No, there’s nothing you have to say to me.
我要离开这里了 斯考蒂 永远
I’m getting out, Scottie, for good.
我不能再待在这里了
I can’t stay here.
我要把我和她的事务都了结了
I’m going to wind up her affairs and mine,
走得越远越好
Get away as far as I can.
也许去欧洲 我也许再也不回来了
Europe, perhaps. And I probably never will come back.
再见 斯考蒂
Good-bye, Scottie.
如果在我走前有什么可以帮你 尽管说
If there’s anything I can do for you before I go,
他们是不可能理解的
There was no way for them to understand.
只有你和我知道是什么杀死了玛德琳
You and I know who killed Madeleine.
来 斯考蒂 我们离开这里
Come on, Scottie. Let’s get out of here.
这是沃尔夫冈·阿玛迪斯·莫扎特的作品
It’s Mozart, Woifgang Amadeus.
我今天跟那个女音乐治疗师谈了很久 约翰尼
I had a long talk with that lady in musical therapy, Johnny,
她说听莫扎特的歌♥会对你有所帮助
And she says that Mozart’s the boy for you,
能够扫除你心中的阴霾
The broom that sweeps the cobwebs away.
那女人是这么说的
Well, it’s what the lady said.
他们把歌♥都录下来真是太好了 约翰

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!