前方200英尺左转
Left turn, 200 feet.
-你在开车吗 -没有
– Are you driving man? – No.
那是什么声音
What the hell was that noise?
你只要告诉弗莱彻我马上到
Okay, why don’t you just tell Fletcher that I’m coming,
你个混♥蛋♥
you motherfucker?
你没事吗 你没事吗
Are you okay? Are you okay?
-我得把鼓槌拿出来 -别别 离车远点
– I gotta get my sticks. – No no no, stay away from the car.
-我打911了 -我得走了
– I’ve called 911. – Look, I gotta go.
-不不 先生 -只有几个街区了
– No, no, sir. – A couple more blocks.
-先生 你不必… -请你让开
– Sir, no, you don’t have to… – Please get off me.
你出什么事了
Hey, guy. What the fuck happened to you?
谢弗音乐学院录音室乐队
The Shaffer Conservatory Studio Band.
尼曼 什么情况
Neiman, what the fuck?

Fuck.
尼曼
Neiman…
你完了
You’re done.
女士们先生们 我很抱歉
Gentlemen, ladies, I apologize
谨代表谢弗音乐学院
on behalf of Shaffer Conservatory.
混♥蛋♥ 我他妈杀了你
Piece of shit. I’ll fucking kill you.
-操你 -放开…
– Fuck you. – Get the…
-他妈的放开我 -滚开
– Get the fuck off me. Get off me. – Fuck off.
操你
Fuck you.
操你
Fuck you!
操你 弗莱彻 操你
Fuck you, Fletcher! Fuck you!
放开我 混♥蛋♥
Get off. Fuck. Piece of shit!
操你
Fuck you!
你什么时候开始跟她聊的
When did you start talking to her?
你父亲是本周和我们联♥系♥的
Your father got in contact this week.
你知道肖恩·凯西这个名字吗
Does the name Sean Casey mean anything to you?
你知道他的死讯吗
You know of his death?
上个月他在公♥寓♥内上吊自杀
Last month, he hanged himself in his apartment.
这跟我有什么关系
What does that have to do with me?
肖恩饱受焦虑症和抑郁症的折磨
Sean suffered from anxiety and depression.
据他的母亲说
His mother claims this
这一切都开始于他成为弗莱彻的学生
started during his time as Fletcher’s student.
凯西家里并不富裕 他们不想起诉
Now, the Caseys aren’t wealthy, they don’t wanna file suit.
那他们想要什么
So, what do they want?
确保特伦·弗莱彻
To make sure Terence Fletcher
永远不能再摧残其他学生
is never allowed to do this to another student.
谢弗音乐学院
开除
老爸 看我的复合跳
Hey, Dad, look at my paradiddle.
我儿子真棒
Yeah, that’s my boy.
他什么也没做
He didn’t do anything.
你怎么了 都结束了 好吗
What is wrong with you? It’s over, okay?
他不会再出现在你的生活中了
He’s out of your life.
他对你那样 为什么要放过他
Why would you let him get away with what he did to you?
你觉得他的指导有些极端吗 安德鲁
Would you characterize his conduct as extreme, Andrew?
他是否曾经有意施加情绪上的压力
Did he ever intentionally inflict emotional distress?
这不会公开听审 明白吗
This would not be a public hearing, you know.
弗莱彻绝不会知道是你说的
Fletcher would never know it was you who spoke up.
你为什么这样对我
Why would you do this to me?
他让我的儿子受这么大的苦
Do you think that I would let him put my son through hell
你认为我会让他轻松过关吗
and then just walk away scot-free?
你不知道我决不允许这种情况发生吗
Don’t you know I would never let that happen?
对我而言 这世上没有比你更重要的了
That there is nothing in the world more important to me than you?
你不知道吗
Don’t you know that?
安德鲁
Andrew?
安德鲁
Andrew?
告诉我怎么说
Just tell me what to say.

JVC爵士音乐节
这个秋天我会想尽办法再过去 你不会吗
I’d give anything to be there again this fall, wouldn’t you?
我喜欢婚礼 只要不是我自己的
Yes I like weddings, provided when they’re not mine.
婚姻很健康 先生
Marriages are very healthy, sir.
据说已婚男士比单身汉更长寿
They said married men live much longer than bachelors.
这倒是 他们只是想活得比老婆更长
That’s true, they’re only trying to outlive their wives
好重新变成单身汉
so they can be bachelors again.
你没想过要结婚吗
Haven’t you ever thought of getting married, sir?
有一次我想过
Once in fact I did.
那位年轻女士在最后一刻改变了心意
The young lady changed her mind at the last moment.
此后我一直对她深怀感激
I’ve been deeply indebted to her ever since.
我在柜子里放了水果糖
All right, and I loaded the pantry up with Gushers.
-看见了 -好
– Saw that. – Okay.
好了
All right.
谢了
Thanks.
妮可
爵士现场
特邀嘉宾 特伦·弗莱彻
好极了
Right on, man.
安德鲁
Andrew.
不知道你有没有听说
I don’t know if you heard. Uh…
我不在谢弗了
I’m not at Shaffer anymore.
嗯 我听说了
Yeah, I did hear that.
你辞职了吗
Did you quit?
不算是
Not exactly.
好像有些家长找到了肖恩·凯西那届的学生
Some parents got a kid from Sean Casey’s year, I think,
说了些我的事
to say some things about me.
虽然不知道除了甜言蜜语
Although why anybody would have anything
他们还能说我什么 太奇怪了
other than peaches and cream to say about me is a mystery.
是啊
Yeah.
-好笑吧 -抱歉
– That’s a good laugh, right? – I’m sorry.
-没事 我知道 -抱歉
– No, listen… I get it. – I’m sorry.
我知道自己树敌不少
I know I made enemies.
不过我还在指挥
I’m conducting a little, though.
今年JVC音乐节回归
They brought back the JVC Fest this year.
他们让我带一支专业乐队 几周之后演开场
They got me opening in a couple of weeks with a pro band.
很好啊
That’s great.
是啊 不错
Yeah. It’s all right.
其实我觉得人们不理解
Truth is, I don’t think people understood
我究竟在谢弗做什么
what it was I was doing at Shaffer.
我不是去指挥的
I wasn’t there to conduct.
弱智也能挥着手臂让大家保持节奏
Any fucking moron can wave his arms and keep people in tempo.
我是在逼着人们突破极限
I was there to push people beyond what’s expected of them.
我相信这是…
I believe that is…
绝对有必要的
an absolute necessity.
否则我们就浪费了下一个路易斯·阿姆斯特朗
Otherwise, we’re depriving the world of the next Louis Armstrong.
下一个查理·帕克
The next Charlie Parker.
我和你说过吧
I told you the story about
查理·帕克成名的故事
how Charlie Parker became Charlie Parker, right?
-乔·琼斯把嚓片砸到了他头上 -正是
– Jo Jones threw a cymbal at his head. – Exactly.
帕克那时候还年轻 萨克斯吹得不错
Parker’s a young kid, pretty good on the sax.
参加一场爵士乐比赛 结果演砸了
Gets up to play at a cutting session, and he fucks it up.
琼斯差点把他的头给砍了
And Jones nearly decapitates him for it.
在台下备受嘲笑
And he’s laughed off-stage.
那晚他哭着入睡
Cries himself to sleep that night,
但隔天一早 他做了什么
but the next morning, what does he do?
他练琴
He practices.
他练啊练 脑子里只有一个目标
And he practices and he practices with one goal in mind,
再也不要被嘲笑
never to be laughed at again.
一年之后 他回到里诺
And a year later, he goes back to the Reno
他登上舞台
and he steps up on that stage,
献上了一曲惊世的独奏
and plays the best motherfucking solo the world has ever heard.
试想如果琼斯当时只是说
So imagine if Jones had just said:
“没事的查理 挺好 不错”
“Well, that’s okay, Charlie. That was all right. Good job.”
那查理自己也会觉得
And then Charlie thinks to himself,
“操 我确实演得不错”
“Well, shit, I did do a pretty good job.”
故事结束
End of story.
没什么”大鸟”了
No Bird.
这对我来说绝对是个悲剧
That, to me, is an absolute tragedy.
但当今社会就想这样
But that’s just what the world wants now.
人们不知道为什么爵士将死
People wonder why jazz is dying.
我告诉你 每一家星巴克的”爵士”专辑
I tell you, man, and every Starbucks “Jazz” Album
都能证明我的观点

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!