You know how I feel about baptisms, Mr Earnshaw.
鉴于他是个私生子 他的灵魂更是岌岌可危
And as he’s a bastard, his soul is in greater peril.
希斯克里夫 你先跟别人一起走吧
Heathcliff, why don’t you go off and join the others, eh?
走吧
Come on.
我怎么跟你说的来着 奈莉
What did I tell you, Nelly?
那孩子虽然是在贫民窟捡的
I found that child in the gutter
但我会把他教育成一个正直善良的绅士
and I shall raise him up to be a fine, upstanding gentleman.
很高兴你还有自知之明 吉普赛小子
Good to see you know your place, gypsy boy.
我说…很高兴…你还有…自知之明
I said…glad…to…see you know your place!
占鹊巢之鸠 占鹊巢之鸠
Cuckoo in the nest? Cuckoo in the nest?
不准直视比你身份高的人
Don’t look your betters in the eye.
不 亨德利 亨德利 停下 我说停下
No, Hindley! Hindley, stop! Stop it, I say!
得有人来提醒他他在家里的地位 凯希
He needs to be shown his place, Cathy.
不然他会把我们都杀死在睡梦里
Else he’ll kill us all in our beds!
给这个私生子点教训
Teach the bastard a lesson!
你们 停下
You boys! Stop it!
这是怎么回事
What is going on?
你们有什么要辩解的吗
What have you to say for yourselves?
我再问一遍
I will ask once more
别逼我让约瑟夫用鞭子抽你们两个
before I order Joseph to flog the both of you.
为什么打架
What was the cause of the fight?
约瑟夫
Joseph.
那个男孩说希斯克里夫是…
The other boy said that Heathcliff was…
…你的私生子
..Your bastard.
他说母亲垂死时 你在利物浦养着个妓♥女♥
He said you kept a whore in Liverpool when Mother was dying.
希斯克里夫说他怎么侮辱自己都可以
Heathcliff said he could say what he liked about him,
但决不能诋毁你的声誉
but not blacken your name.
谢谢 凯希
Thank you, Cathy.
你和希斯克里夫可以离开了
You and Heathcliff may go.
你觉得是谁…
Who was it that…
告诉了村里的男孩
told this boy from the village
如此恶毒的流言呢
these wicked things, do you suppose?
你确实同意此流言甚为恶毒吧
You do agree that they are wicked things to say?
那男孩不过是重复了被全村人传遍的流言
The boy was only repeating what the whole village is saying.
在这世上 有人想要行善
Is no man allowed to act charitably in this world
却连他的儿子
without even his own son
都质疑他的动机
ascribing the basest motives for his actions?
我们连去教堂都会被指指点点
We cannot attend church without fingers pointing
被别人说三道四 -好吧
and tongues wagging. – Fine.
好吧
Fine.
那我们就再也不去教堂了
Then we will no longer go to church.
你很快就要去学校了
You will be going away to school soon.
也不用再担心丢人了
This need not concern you.
我说
Well, I say.
这英俊的小绅士是谁啊
Who is this handsome young squire?
再见 奈莉
Goodbye, Nelly.
你从学校回来时 一定会是个绅士的
You be sure to come back from school a gentleman.
再见了 儿子
Goodbye, son.
看好他 凯希 好好盯住希斯克里夫
Watch him, Cathy! Watch Heathcliff very closely.
他就是霸占鹊巢的恶鸠
He’s a cuckoo in the nest.
他霸占着父亲的爱
He feeds on Father’s affections
直到父亲再也没有多余的爱来分给你
until Father won’t have anything left to give you.
谁在那儿
Who’s there?
凯希
Cathy!
凯希
Cathy!
在晚餐前回来
Back before supper!
别惹麻烦
And don’t get into trouble,
否则我会叫人来管管你的
else I’ll have the magistrate onto you!
希斯克里夫
Heathcliff!
你不觉得这匹马跟你很配吗
Do you not think this horse would suit you well? Eh?
我给凯希买♥♥了个精致的银吊坠
I bought a fine silver locket for Cathy.
这样才公平
So it’s only fair.
谢谢 父亲
Thank you, Father.
太漂亮了
It’s beautiful.
来吧 希斯克里夫 你喜欢吗
Come on, Heathcliff. Would you like him?
绝对是良种
A fine thoroughbred, this one.
16手宽高[162.56厘米] -看着确实不错
16 hands high. – He does look fine.
你不觉得吗 希斯克里夫
Do you not think, Heathcliff?
成交吗
A deal, then?
不着急
There’s no rush is there?
挺会做买♥♥卖♥♥嘛 是吧
Oh, we’ve got a right little trader here, have we?
让它们到草地上跑跑
Let them run in the field.
什么
What’s that?
我说让它们去草地上跑跑
I said let them run in the field.
别扯了 -如果你想成交就按他说的做
Now let’s not be silly. – Do as he says if you want a sale.
来吧 小伙子
Come on, lad.
好的
All right.
来吧
Come on.
如此才是良种宝马
That’s your thoroughbred.
真是个精明的年轻人 是吧 -确实
He’s a sharp young man, is he not? – Sharp as a razor.
如果我不知情 我会以为他有吉普赛血统
If I didn’t know better, I’d say he had a touch of gypsy in him.
你可以骑马 赛跑 跳栏 打猎
You can ride it, race it, jump it, hunt it.
我希望自己还年轻 那我也能痛快玩玩了
Oh, I wish I were young, then I could enjoy myself.
她是你的了
She’s yours.
好男人 -谢谢
Good man. – Thank you.
你觉得我来自何方
Where do you suppose I’m from?
你觉得我出身何处
Where do you suppose I began?
你来自此处
You began in here.
你从我的梦中来
I dreamed you up.
希斯克里夫 别这么苦恼
Heathcliff, don’t fret so.
那个马贩子看出了我卑贱的出身
That horse trader at the fair sensed my wretched beginnings.
就像是我永远摘不掉的标记
It’s like a badge I’ll always have to wear.
你的出身也许比我们都要高贵
Your beginnings might have been more noble than any of us.
看看你
Look at you.
你就像是个乔装的王子
You’re fit for a prince in disguise.
那是希斯克里夫先生的马
Mr Heathcliff’s horse!
主人 他们正在找你
Master, you’re needed!
来吧 希斯克里夫 亲爱的 起来吧
Come on, Heathcliff, my love. Come on.
父亲死了
Father’s dead!
别表现得那么敌意
Try not to look so surly.
他恨我我也恨他 笑容也改变不了这点
He hates me, I hate him. No end of smiling will change that.
亨德利先生
Mr Hindley, sir.
亲爱的
My dear.
你一定是凯希 我一直想见见你
You must be Cathy! I have longed to meet you!
我会是个很好的嫂子的
I shall be quite the big sister to you!
凯希
Cathy.
凯希 也许你可以带我妻子参观一下
Now perhaps, Cathy, you could show my wife around our house.
以便她选一间最合适的房♥间
So she can choose which room suits her best.
我希望我们能住隔壁 妹妹
I was hoping that we could have adjoining rooms, sister!
别傻站在这了 希斯克里夫
Don’t just stand there gawping, Heathcliff.
去照顾下那些马
Go and see to the horses!
从今以后 你和约瑟夫
From henceforth, you and Joseph
只在厨房♥待着就行了
will quarter yourselves in the back kitchen.
我希望我妻子能在屋里自♥由♥行动
I want my wife to have free run of the house
而不用整天被仆人绊倒
and I don’t want her to be falling over servants all day.
当然了
Of course.
我在哪儿都无所谓
No matter to me where I am.
只要有好书的指引就行了
As long as I have the good book to guide me.
很好 我还想着你又躲哪儿去了呢
Oh, good. I was wondering where you were skulking off to.
你就是这么对待你兄弟的吗
Is that any way to address your brother?
从今开始 你只能与仆人为伍
From now on, you will keep company only with the servants.
你需要用干活来维持生活
You will earn your keep by labouring out of doors.
若你确定父亲希望你如此待我 我无话可说
If you’re sure that’s what Father would have wished.
而且你不准主动与我或者夫人说话
And you will never speak to me or the mistress
除非是我们问你话
unless spoken to first.
清楚了吗
Is that clear?
你怎么还笑得出来
How can you smile?
因为总有一天我会狠狠地报复亨德利
Because one day I shall pay back Hindley with pain and anguish.
不是应该由上帝来惩罚坏人吗
Is it not for god to punish wicked people?

No.
我要亲自尝尝那种满足感

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!