我们保证让他不再吹那个东西
We promise to take his bugle away from him.
我们不能没有特迪 -对不起
We won’t be separated from Teddy. -I’m sorry.
你怎么能答应呢? 说句话啊
How can you allow this? You promised.
布鲁斯特不答应也没有用 法律就是法律
Brewster’s got nothing to do with this. The law is the law!
特迪作出了承诺 所以他必须要走
Teddy’s committed himself and he’s got to go.
如果他走 那我们也走 -是的 你最好把我们跟他一起带上
lf he’s going, we’re going, too! -Yes, you’ll have to take us with him.
为什么不呢?为什么不呢 当然可以?
Why not? Why not, indeed?
她们是好人 但是我们不可能 带一家子人去快乐谷
It’s sweet of them, but impossible. We never take sane people at Happy Dale.
这两位女士思维有点混乱 你可以安排一下
These little sane people will get lost in the shuffle. You could arrange that.
让她们进去 她们会融合进去的
Just put them in and they’ll get all mixed up.
太危险 争执 嫉妒
Too dangerous. Dissension, jealousy.
现在 让我们明智一点 女士们
Now, let’s be sensible, ladies.
我在做一件严肃的工作 呆在这里真是浪费时间
Here I am wasting my time when I could be doing some serious work.
布鲁克林还有很多谋杀案需要处理
There are still murders to be solved in Brooklyn.
要不是他吹的军号♥ 事情也许会更加糟糕
It ain’t only his bugle blowing. Things are going to get worse.
我们还不得不去挖你们的地下室
We’re liable to have to dig up your cellar.
我们的地下室
Our cellar?
特迪一直在说地下室里埋了13具尸体
Teddy’s been telling around there’s 13 bodies buried in the cellar.
地下室里是有13具尸体
There are 13 bodies in our cellar.
什么
What?
是的 你可以问我侄子 布鲁斯特
Yes. You just ask our nephew, Mortimer.
冲啊
Charge!
很疯狂 不是吗
Isn’t that amazing?
看看你的行为
You behave yourself.
你们都知道地下室里13具尸体的事情
You know very well there are 13 bodies down in our cellar.
当然 底下是有13具尸体
Certainly there’s 13 bodies in the cellar.
楼顶还有100多具呢 警官
And there are hundreds more up in the attic, Captain!
什么 -你不用介意布鲁斯特
What is this? -You mustn’t mind Mortimer.
怎么办 -我马上就来
How about it? -I’ll be right there.
他今天整天神里神经的
He’s been a little strange all day.
现在我已经不知道这是什么 也再也不知道谁很奇怪了
Right now I wouldn’t know what is and what ain’t strange anymore.
我去地下室看看 -我来告诉你我们会做什么
I’ll look in that cellar. -I’ll tell you what we’ll do.
我去楼顶抬我的那些尸体 你去地下室里抬你的
I’ll bring my bodies from the attic and you get yours from the cellar…
我们把他们放在一起 然后一起送到快乐谷去
…and we’ll get them all together, and we’ll send them to Happy Dale.
不 你们不用向下挖多少 坟墓都做了标记的
No, you wouldn’t have to dig. The graves are all marked.
每个星期天我们都会去献上一束花 -花
We put flowers on them every Sunday. -Flowers?
当然 我们还在底下安了霓虹灯呢
Sure, I put neon lights on mine.
开玩笑 开玩笑
Humor them, humor them.
笑一个
Smile.
底下还有一个不认识的 叫斯班纳
There’s one down there, a Mr. Spenalzo…
还没到
Hasn’t got it yet.
他不属于这里 必须被弄走
…who doesn’t belong here and has to leave.
但是其他的12个都是我们的先生 -你们的先生?
But the other 12 are our gentlemen. -Your gentlemen?
你最好喜欢上我 除了我之外没有人是绅士了
You’d like mine better. None of mine are gentlemen.
你完全不用介意他 -他今天结婚
You mustn’t mind him at all. -He got married today.
“”””在那遥远的地方 有一个快乐谷
There is a Happy Dale far, far away
“”在那里非常快乐””
There is a Happy”
他懂了 真是疯了
He got it. It’s amazing.
你难道不觉得你可以为两位女士找到房♥间吗
Don’t you think you can find room for the ladies?
只是两位女士的
Just the ladies?
只是两位女士!
Just the ladies!
怎么样? -他们必须签个合同
How about it? -They’d have to be committed.
特迪已经签了 不是吗?
Teddy committed himself. Couldn’t they?
她们要做的只是签个字而已 -当然
All they have to do is sign the papers. -Certainly.
如果我们能和特迪一起去 我们就签
If we can go with Teddy, we’ll sign the papers.
在哪里签?
Where are they?
这里 女士们 在这儿
I have them, ladies, right here.
在这里签字 是吗? 我希望事情都解决了
Sign them up, will you? I want this all cleaned up.
我去和间谍谈谈 希望我可以理解他
I’m going out to talk to that spy. Maybe I can understand him.
地下室里的13具尸体
Thirteen bodies in the cellar.
女士们 在这里签个字好吗
Ladies, if you’ll sign right here.
这里 -是的 请吧
Here? -Yes, please.
就是在这里
It’s on the right-hand side there.
我都等不及要走了
I’m really looking forward to going.
这里的邻居总是在变
The neighborhood here has changed so.
是的 尤其他们赢了那个什么破三角旗以后
Yes. Especially since they won that old pennant thing.
噢 亲爱的 我很抱歉 我们漏掉了一个东西
Oh, dear, I’m so sorry. We’ve overlooked something.
还有医生的签名是绝对必须有的
It’s absolutely compulsory that we have the signature of a physician.
医生
A doctor.
爱因斯坦医生! 过来一下 签几个文件 好吗
Dr. Einstein! Come here and sign some papers, please.
晚安 -过来 爱因斯坦医生
Good night. -Come here, Dr. Einstein.
他是医生? -是的
A doctor? -Yes.
爱因斯坦医生今天差点跟我做了个手术 快来 医生
Dr. Einstein almost operated on me earlier. Come along, Doctor.
这里 签在这里 好了 医生
Now, here. Just sign right here, please, Doctor.
你要走吗 医生 -是的 要走了
Were you leaving, Doctor? -Yes, please.
你怎么不等等乔纳森呢?
Aren’t you going to wait for Jonathan?
我并不认为我们是同路的
I don’t think we go to the same place.
喂 麦克 我们看到那个被 印第安那通缉的家伙了
Hello, Mac. We picked up that guy that’s wanted in lndiana.
他同谋的资料放在桌上
His accomplice’s description is on the circular, on the desk.
读给我听一下 好吗
Read it to me, will you?
40岁左右
About 40.
5英尺3英寸
Five-foot-three.
140磅
One hundred and forty pounds.
不大的眼睛
Pop eyes.
说话有德国口音
Talks with a German accent.
姿势象医生
Poses as a doctor.
好 麦克 谢谢
Okay, Mac. Thanks.
好了 医生签完名了
It’s all right. The doctor has completed the signatures.
好极了
That’s great!
谢谢 医生 你为布鲁克林贡献了一份力量
Thanks, Doc. You’ve done Brooklyn a great service.
但是 爱因斯坦医生
But Dr. Einstein!
这个 威瑟斯庞先生– -你是威瑟斯庞 我是布鲁斯特
Now, Mr. Witherspoon– -You’re Witherspoon, I’m Brewster.
都被传染了 是的 该你了
It’s contagious, yes. It’s your turn.
别玩那个游戏了– -你签名
Don’t play games– -You sign.
签在近亲一栏里
You sign as next of kin.
怎么不早说? 我都快糊涂了 别介意
Why didn’t you say so? I’m all confused. Don’t mind me.
威瑟斯庞先生
Mr. Witherport.
勺子 -这儿
Spoon. -Here.
上来把我的露营用具打一下包
Come up and pack my duffel.
露营用具?
Duffel?
去跟他打包 他是总统 你知道的?
Pack his duffel. He’s President, you know?
顺便把我的军号♥带上来
And bring along my bugle.
总统
President.
不要冲
Don’t charge!
我们真的很担心一件事情
We’re really very worried about something.
现在 亲爱的 别担心了
Now, darling, don’t be worried.
我也是 莫蒂默 -呃 当然 亲爱的
Me too, Mortimer. -Well, of course, darling.
你们在快乐谷会非常愉快的
You’ll both be very happy at Happy Dale.
我们对整个事情都非常满意 就是只有一件
We’re very happy about the whole thing, but that’s just it.
我们不想让任何事情出现错误
We don’t want anything to go wrong.
他们会调查这些签名吗?
Will they investigate those signatures?
他们不会去查爱因斯坦的– -但是不是爱因斯坦的签名 亲爱的
They won’t look up Dr. Einstein– -But it’s not his signature, dear.
是你的 -我的?
It’s yours. -Mine?
你看 你签在近亲一栏里
You see, you signed as next of kin.
那怎么了 亲爱的 -玛瑟 你跟他说
What’s wrong about that, darling? -Martha, you tell him.
呃 亲爱的
Well, dear.
什么 姑妈 -你不是真正的布鲁斯特家族的人
What, dear? -You’re not really a Brewster.
什么? -你的母亲来我们这儿当厨师
What? -Your mother came to us as a cook.
你出生三个月后
And you were born about three months afterwards.
她是一个非常可爱的女人 而且饭做的也特别好
And she was such a sweet woman and such a good cook…
我们不想失去她 所以我们的兄长就跟她结婚了
…we didn’t want to lose her. So brother married her.
你的亲生父亲也是一个厨师
Your real father was a cook, too.
他在一个货船上工作
He was a chef on a tramp steamer.
你是指我不是布鲁斯特家族的人?
You mean I’m not really a Brewster?
亲爱的! -别太难过了
Darling! -Don’t feel so badly about it.
我可以确定那对于伊莱恩没有任何影响
I’m sure it won’t make any difference to Elaine.
你在哪? 能听的到我吗 我不是布鲁斯特家的人
Where are you? Can you hear me? I’m not really a Brewster!
我是厨师的儿子
I’m the son of a sea cook!
是真的! 我看见他们了 是真的
It’s true! I saw them. It’s true.
是真的! 底下真的有13具尸体
It’s true! There are 13 bodies down there!