我想去看看♥房♥♥间 我想我不是很喜欢这
I’d like to see the room. I don’t think I’ll like it.
房♥间在楼上
The room’s upstairs.
你不想喝一杯我们的酒吗
Won’t you try a glass of our wine before we start up?
不想
Never touch it.
这是我们自己酿的 是木果酒
Well, we make this ourselves. It’s elderberry wine.
木果酒?
Elderberry?
我从小就没喝过这种酒
I haven’t tasted elderberry wine since I was a boy.
谢谢 -接线员!
Thank you. -Operator!
我要接的不是快乐谷洗衣店! 我要的是快乐谷疗养院!
I don’t want the Happy Dale Laundry! I want the Happy Dale Sanitarium!
疗养院! 疗养院! 是的 就是那里!
Sanitarium! Sanitarium! Yes, like a broken record!
你们自己种了木果吗? -不 但是公墓里到处都有
Have your own elderberry bushes? -No, but the cemetery’s full of them.
干杯
Well, skoal.
喂 接线员! 怎么这么久?
Hello, operator! What’s taking so long?
它只是横跨一条河! 我游泳还比这样还快一些!
It’s only across the river! I could swim it faster!
对!
Yes!
喂! 喂–
Hello! Hell–
什么–
What–
什么 线路忙?
What, they’re busy?
占线?
Busy?
他们要是忙我看你是昏了头!
They’re busy and you’re dizzy!
不 我没喝酒 女士 但是你这个建议很好!
No, I’m not drunk, madam, but you’ve given me an idea!
亲爱的 我有点神经 别那样
Darling, I’m nervous. Don’t do that.
别喝
Not that.
出去! 不想被毒死就马上出去
Get out of here! Do you want to be poisoned, murdered, killed?
他们是疯子!
They’re nuts!
这可是你说的!
You’re telling me!
听着 你们不能再象这样做事情!
Look, you can’t do things like that!
现在我不知道 怎么样向你们解释…
Now I don’t know how I can explain this to you…
…但这个不只是违反法律 这是错的
…but it’s not only against the law, it’s wrong.
废话!
Oh, piffle!
这不是一件好事
It’s not a nice thing to do.
人们不会理解你们 他不会理解你们
People wouldn’t understand. He wouldn’t understand.
我说的是…
What I mean is….
这将发展成一个很糟糕的局面!
This is developing into a very bad habit!
谁? 快乐谷吗?
Who? Happy Dale Sanitarium?
真是奇怪 接线员
That’s amazing, operator.
快乐谷吗? 请威瑟斯庞先生接一下电♥话♥好吗
Happy Dale? Let me talk to Mr. Witherspoon, please.
我是威瑟斯庞
Mr. Witherspoon speaking.
你好 布鲁斯特先生? 你好?
How do you do, Mr. Brewster? How are you?
威瑟斯庞先生 你– 我很好 谢谢 你好?
Mr. Witherspoon, do you– I’m fine, thanks. How are you?
你还记得上次我跟你说过关于送我弟弟到疗养院的事情吗?
Do you remember our conversation about committing my brother to Happy Dale?
记得? 那好 我们想现在马上送他去那里
You do? Well, we want to commit him there immediately.
哦 亲爱的
Oh, dear.
亲爱的 似乎有点难
Oh, dear. That’s too bad.
这个 我想我们现在还没有时间
Well, I’d hoped we wouldn’t have him for some time yet.
我们现在这里有好几个西奥多·罗斯福…
We have several Theodore Roosevelts at the moment…
…可能会有点麻烦
…and it would lead to trouble.
那么 如果他觉得–
Well, now, if he thought that–
布鲁斯特先生 我们现在缺少一个拿破仑
Mr. Brewster, we’re a bit short of Napoleons at present.
波拿巴 还有–
Bonaparte. And if–
明白了 那当然
Oh, I see. Of course.
如果你已经决定了 好吧
Well, if your mind is made up. Yes.
你的申请文件拟定了吗?
Have you had the papers drawn up?
没有 但是我现在马上就写 写完我会马上给你打电♥话♥
No, but I’ll do it now and call you as soon as I have them.
谢谢 ---什么?
Thank you, Mr.– What?
好的 谢谢 威瑟斯庞先生
All right. Thank you, Mr. Witherspoon.
另一个罗斯福 我的天
Another Roosevelt. Oh, dear.
听着 我去一下威瑟斯庞法官那里 不过我要你们答应我一件事情
Now listen, I’m going to Judge Cullman’s, but I want you to promise me something.
不过我们要先知道那是什么
Well, we’d have to know what it was first.
我非常爱你们
I love you both very much.
你们知道我会为你们做任何事情 不是吗?
You know I’d do anything for you, don’t you?
是的 亲爱的
Yes, dear.
我只希望你们为我做一件事情 象其他好女人一样
I want you to do one thing for me, like good girls.
你希望我们做什么?
What do you want us to do?
不做任何事情 我是说 不做任何事情!
Don’t do anything. I mean, don’t do anything!
不要让任何人进来 管他是谁
Don’t let anyone in the house and leave Mr. Whosit where he is.
离这远点 我不能对着这个讲话… 我不能集中精力
Get off that thing. I can’t talk to you…. I can’t concentrate.
我不想你们发生任何事情
I wouldn’t want anything in the world to happen to you.
我们会发生什么?
What on earth could happen to us?
亲爱的…
Well, darling….
不管怎样 你们会做到的 是吗?
Anyway, you’ll do that little thing for me, won’t you?
我的帽子呢? 在那里
Where’s my hat? There it is.
但是 莫蒂默 -什么?
But, Mortimer. -What?
我们还在计划在晚餐前准备一些东西呢
We were planning to hold services before dinner.
不能等我回来再准备吗? -你会回来跟我们一起朗诵赞美诗吗!
Couldn’t that wait until I get back? -You could join us in the hymns!
是的 亲爱的 我会跟你们一起唱歌♥ 我会跟你们一起跳舞 任何事情
Yes, darling, I’ll sing with you, I’ll dance with you, anything.
记住 在我回来之前不要让任何人进来
Remember, don’t let anybody in the house until I get back.
答应我?
You promise?
好的
Good.
什么?
What?
你想说什么 怎么了?
Stop that. What is it?
那是霍斯金先生的帽子!
Mr. Hoskins’ hat!
你还想让我等下去吗? -是的!帮我叫辆计程车
Do you still want me to wait? -Yes! Call me a cab!
出租车! 这里 -等一下 我出去一下回来!
Hey, cab! Here you are. -Don’t open it. I’ll sit with you!
是 好的 我能开的更快 我肯定
Yeah, that’s right. I can go faster that way. Sure.
等一下! 我在做什么?
Wait a minute! What am I doing?
霍斯金这么精致的帽子都搞乱了
Fancy getting nice Mr. Hoskins’ hat all mussed up.
嗯! 这帽子看起来很不错
Shame! Such a nice hat.
你觉不觉得莫蒂默今天好像变了一个人
You know, Mortimer didn’t seem to be quite himself today.
还好吧
Oh, well.
你刚才说莫蒂默怎么了?
What were you saying about Mortimer?
我想我知道他为什么这么心烦了
I think I understand why he seemed so upset.
为什么?
Why?
他刚刚结婚
He’s just been married.
我相信那总是会让一个男人变的神经质
I believe that always makes a man a little nervous.
是的 亲爱的真可怜
Yes. The poor dears.
我真为伊莱恩高兴
I’m so happy for Elaine.
艾比!
Abby!
莫蒂默回来后 我们还需要一本赞美诗
If Mortimer’s coming back for the services, we’ll need another hymnal.
我房♥间里有一本
There’s one up in my room.
我来 亲爱的
I’ll go, dear.
我们答应莫蒂默 不让任何人进来的
We promised Mortimer we wouldn’t let anyone come in.
是两个人 我以前从没见过他们
It’s two men, and I’ve never seen them before.
确定吗? -是的
Are you sure? -Yes.
我看看 -你看
Let me look. -You look.
你认出他们来了吗? -不 他们是陌生人
Do you recognize them? -No, they’re strangers to me.
我们就假装我们不在家
We’ll just have to pretend we’re not at home.
进来吧 医生
Come in, doctor.
这就是我童年的房♥子
This is the home of my youth.
我小的时候 每天都想着怎么快点逃离这儿
As a boy, I couldn’t wait to escape from this house.
现在我很高兴我又逃回来了
Now I’m glad to escape back into it.
是的 约翰尼 真是个藏身的好地方
Yes, Johnny, it’s a good hideout.
这家人一定还住在这儿
The family must still live here.
我真希望这儿有只肥牛腿等着我们回来
I hope there’s a fatted calf awaiting the return of the prodigal.
肥牛腿?
A fatted calf?
约翰尼 我太饿了
Johnny, I’m so hungry.
瞧 约翰尼 酒
Look, Johnny. Drink.
正如我们所期望的
As if we were expected.
一个好兆头
A good omen.
你们是谁?
Who are you?
你们在这里做什么?
What are you doing here?
艾比姑妈 玛瑟姑妈
Aunt Abby. Aunt Martha.
我是乔纳森
It’s Jonathan.
你快出去!
You get out of here!
我是乔纳森 你知道吗
I’m Jonathan, you know.
你的侄子 乔纳森
Your nephew, Jonathan.
不 你不是
No, you’re not.
你一点也不象乔纳森 不要再装了
You’re nothing like Jonathan, so don’t pretend you are.
你快出去
You just get out of here.
我看你还是很喜欢戴那个可爱的石榴石戒指…
I see you’re still wearing the lovely garnet ring..