过司法考试让我使尽了浑身解数
trying to pass the bar practically killed me.
我有十几次都想放弃了
I must have quit 10 or 12 times.
但我坚持下来 我很开心我做到了
But I kept coming back to it, and I’m — I’m really glad I did
因为当我能为真正的委托人工作时
because when I got to work with actual clients,
那种感觉无与伦比
there was nothing else like it.
我国司法体系很复杂
Our legal system is complicated,
而且时常变化
and sometimes it could feel capricious,
但这是目前最公正的体系了
but it’s the closest thing to real justice that we’ve got.
这个体系的运行
And for it to work,
需要最有活力 最有干劲的律师
it needs vigorous, passionate advocates.
帮助我的委托人
And helping my clients, you know,
为他们辩护
arguing on their behalf —
是我做的最棒的事
that’s the best thing I’ve ever done.
过去这一年
And this past year…
我非常想念这份事业
I’ve missed the hell out of it.
说得真好
That was very eloquent.
你的看法受到什么特别影响吗
Was there any particular influence on your views?
奖罚分明
Credit where credit is due.
美属萨摩亚大学
The University of American Samoa.
加油 小地蟹
Go, Land Crabs!
还有吗
Anything else?
没了
No.
-谢谢 -没了 好的
– Thank you. – u202dNo? Good.
没别的事了
I think we have everything we need.
几天后 你会收到们的决议信
You’ll be getting a letter with our decision in the next few days.

All right.
谢谢抽空 谢谢你们
Thanks for your time, all of you.
我以为他就在那儿
I thought he was right up there, you know?
不 他是审核流程的一部分
Yeah, no, he was part of the review process.
你以前跟他同事过
And you’ve worked with him before.
-人靠谱吗 -人很靠谱
– Good guy? – u202dYeah, real good guy.
-麦吉尔先生 -正是
– Mr. McGill. – Yes.
我知道他们说会寄信给我
I know they said I’d hear from them,
但你悄悄告诉我
but, uh, just between you and me,
他们做了什么决议
uh, what did they decide?
你逗我呢吧
You got to be kidding me.

No.
不 不 不
No. No, no, no, no, no!

Oh, no!
等等
Hey, wait a minute!
你要拒了我
You’re denying me?!
-我做错了什么 -麦吉尔先生
– What did I do wrong? u202d- Mr. McGill?
-我做错了什么 我不能
– What did I do wrong?! u202d- I can’t —
麦吉尔先生 这地方不合适
Mr. — Mr. McGill, this is not the place.
我面面俱到 请告诉我
Okay. I did everything right. Please tell me.
我们做决议也很苦恼
Look, these decisions are never easy.
快 得给我个解释
Okay, come on. I deserve an answer.
-拜托 -麦吉尔先生 我不能
– Please! – u202dMr. McGill, I-I can’t —
我面面俱到
I did everything right.
问题在于真诚
It was a question of sincerity.
在于什么
A w-what?
委员会有人觉得你…
Some members of the committee found you somewhat…
不真诚
insincere.
你可以明年再申请
You’re free to apply again next year.
麦克
Hey, Mike.
剩下几个小子怎么样了
Well, how goes it with the dirty half-dozen?
在打排球
Playing volleyball.
卡伊有小动作
That guy Kai cheats.
维纳还在打电♥话♥
Werner still talking?
他们道别大概二十分钟了
Oh, they’ve been saying goodbye for about 20 minutes now.
说了什么
Anything of note?
新养了条狗
Uh, they got a new puppy,
乱撒尿
and it’s peeing everywhere.
谈了狗 房♥子
The dog, the house.
她背不好了 他一回去
Her back’s acting up, so they want
他们就准备去巴登巴登泡温泉
to go to the springs at Baden-Baden once he gets back.
-跟往常一样 -是啊
– Sound like the usual. – u202dYep.
他们大概说了一个半小时
They’ve been at it u202dalmost an hour and a half.
需要我提醒他还能打十分钟吗
You want me to, uh, give a 10-minute warning?
不用
No.
随他打多久吧
Let him go on as long as he wants.
等等 行了
Wait. Okay.
他们快打完了
They’re wrapping up.
她要去书友会了
She’s got to get to book club.
我去看看周围
I’m gonna check the perimeter.
世界上最棒的律师
再一次
那样说没有问题 而且还会再改
We have no problem with that language and will adjust.
十五页第四款第二条有问题
We do have a concern on page 15, clause 4b.
第三段写着
u202dThird paragraph begins,
“赔偿 偿付和偿还的权利”
“The right to indemnification, payment, reimbursement.”
-懂了吗 -我知道了
– Everyone with me? – Yes. I see it.
这显然是条支持获赔的”沙袋条款”
This is clearly a pro-sandbagging clause.
特洛伊 这只是给了我们因违反代理协议
Troy, it simply gives us the right to indemnification
而获得赔偿的权利
for breaches of representation.
但其实没有违反
Of which there are none.
我觉得有必要
We feel it’s necessary,
考虑到目前谈判进展很迅速
given the fast pace of the negotiations thus far
我们又没有时间完成尽职调查
and the lack of time we’ve had to complete due diligence.
进展是由梅萨维德说了算
Mesa Verde set the pace here.
而且 这么做太过了
Further, you’re overstepping
要求部分支付作为担♥保♥
by requiring parts of the target payment be put aside as collateral.
我是金·韦克斯勒 我提醒一下
Kim Wexler here. If I may respectfully remind you,
梅萨维德允许你们保留一条
Mesa Verde is allowing you to keep a clause
违反担♥保♥必须是实质性的
that warranty breaches must be in a material respect.
这只是规范说法
It’s standard language.
我们也很规范
Y– As is ours.
各位 做些让步吧
Come on. u202dGuys, meet me halfway here.

Fine.
那我们来谈谈
Then we’d like to discuss
合同里怎么定义”知晓”
how we’re defining u202d”Knowledge” within the contract.
请说
Be my guest.
我们认为现在的定义很合理
We feel u202dthat what we’ve established is pretty reasonable.
-我们的客户提出 -喂
– Our clients would like to propose… – Hey there.
把”据卖♥♥方知晓”
…changing u202d”Within the seller’s knowledge”
改为”据卖♥♥方最大程度知晓”
to “To the best of the seller’s knowledge.”
-慢点 -没事 但你得给我们机会
– Slow down. – That’s fine, but you have to give us a chance to…
慢点
Slow down.
不真诚 不真诚
Insincere! Insincere?!
-吉米 怎么了 -再等一年
– Jimmy, what happened? u202d- A goddamn year?
我这一整年该干什么
What am I supposed to do for a whole year?!
-吉米 -我向你保证
– Jimmy — u202d- I can guarantee you
我接下来一年绝对不他妈卖♥♥手♥机♥了
I’m not selling cellphones for a fuckin’ year.
-绝对的 -他们到底说了什么
– I’ll tell you that. – What did they say, exactly?
-怎么会 -被拒了
– How — How did it — – Hard pass!
-好吧 -别跟我说我可以上诉
– All right. – u202dAnd don’t tell me I can appeal
因为上头一听到”不真诚” 我就完了
because once the board hears the word “Insincere,” I’m screwed.
-吉米 吉米 -“不真诚”要怎么洗白呢
– Jimmy — Jimmy — u202d- How do you u202ddisprove “Insincere”?!
吉米 你缓缓
Please, Jimmy, just take a breath
拜托你从头开始讲
and start u202dfrom the beginning, please.
我表现很好 金
I was good, Kim.
我没有自大 我很了解该说什么
I mean, I-I wasn’t stuck up, but I knew my shit, right?
他们问”你停职期间都在做什么”
“What have you been doing during your suspension?”
还问”你有一直跟进法律领域的动态吗”
and, uh, “Have you been keeping up with the law?”
我都回答的很好
Yadda yadda. All fine.
然后他们其中一个 莫名其妙地
And then one of them, out of nowhere,
问了一个很怪的问题
comes up with u202dthis weird-ass question —
“法律对你来说意味着什么”
“What does the law mean to you?”
这可是个大问题
That’s a big one.
巨大的问题 但我回答的很好
Huge! And I nailed it!
我讲了法律的意义
I talked about the meaning of the law

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!