Home 悬疑电影 炎热的夜晚(1967)

炎热的夜晚(1967)

0
炎热的夜晚(1967)

she says, uh. . . ( sniggers )
总之,她问我,我说,恩……
Anyway, she asks me, she says, uh. ..
“你觉得我身材好吗?”
”Don’t you think I got a classy build?”
然后我说“当然”。
And I say ”Sure.”
接着她就开始脱衣服。
And so she starts to show me.
但我没做错任何事。
But I didn’t do nothin’ wrong.
我只是没有阻止她来证明她的观点而已。
l just didn’t stop her from tryin’ to prove her point.
后来这个条子,山姆 伍德,
Then this cop, Sam Wood,
在树丛外出现,把我拖了出来。
comes chargin’ outta the bush and hauls me in.
但是他放了你,对吗?
He let you go, didn’t he?
他叫我不要再搞她。
Told me not to mess with her no more.
她住在第三区,离我家不远。
She lives on Third, a block from me.
一♥丝♥不♥挂♥得走来走去,还亮着灯。
Traipsin’ around in the altogether.With the lights on.
说实在的,应当有人出面阻止她那样做。
Now, somebody sure oughta make her stop doin’ that.
过来。
Come here.
让我看看你的右手。
Let me see your right hand.
-你要做什么? -保持安静。
– What you doin’?- Hold still.
( door opens)
好,给他误捕的免责证书。
All right now, give him the waiver for false arrest.
算了吧。
(Virgil) Forget it.
我需要你签了它。求你了。
l’m askin’ you to sign it. Please.
给他一支笔 给他一只笔。
Give him a pen. Give him a pen.
好了,放他出来。
AII right. Let him out.
你可以赶上12:10的火车!
You’ll be able to catch the 12: 10 train.
我劝你撤消对哈维的指控。
It wouldn’t be a bad idea to change the charge against Oberst.
他根本不在犯罪现场,他能证明的。
He was nowhere near the scene of the crime, and I think he can prove it.
-我猜你还知道科尔伯特的死亡时间。-大约12:30。
– I bet you know when Colbert was killed.- About 12:30.
-此时哈维在打台球。-等会,我来 。
– While Harvey was still shooting pool.- Wait a minute. l’ll get it.
他的指甲上有台球粉,却没有血渍。
There’s cue chalk under his nails,not dried blood.
-感谢上帝,我没住在费城。 -还有一件事。
– Thank God I don’t live in Philadelphia.- One more thing.
科尔伯特并不是在发现尸体的现场被杀死的。
Colbert wasn’t killed where the body was found.
-你什么意思?-他是在别处被杀后,移尸到主大街的。
– What do you mean?- He was killed then moved to Main Street.
-考特尼?-在,警长?
– Courtney?- Yes, sir?
改成偷窃罪指控。
Change the charge to theft.
你是说哈维?
D’you mean Harve?
我们后面还关了其它人吗?!
Who the hell else do we have back there?!
是,警长。
Yes, sir.
嗨。
Hey.
我不是叫你修理那闸吗?
Didn’t I ask you to fix that gate?
不,不是我,警长。你一定是同我兄弟哈罗德说的。他上白班。
No, not me, sir. Must have been my brother Harold. He’s on days.
哈罗德。
Harold.
( slams door)
(phone rings )
这里是警♥察♥局。
Police department.
是,他在。请稍等,先生。
Yes, he’s here. Hold on, sir.
镇长来电,警长。
Mayor’s on the line, Chief.
( machinery noise/hammering)
怎么回事,科尔伯特太太告诉我……你乱抓人?
What’s aII this Mrs. Colbert’s been tellin’ me about a. . . a cover-up arrest?
不,女士。我们没有乱抓。
No, ma’am. We ain’t had no cover-up.
事实上,我们因证据不足撤消了对他的指控。
ln fact, we just dropped the charges for insufficient evidence.
科尔伯特太太,我说过他不是这种人。
Mrs. CoIbert, I told you he was nobody’s man.
我专程过来是想明确一下,
I came by to make it as clear as I possibly can
我不希望那个黑人警官放弃这个案件。
that I do not want that Negro officer taken off this case.
黑人警官?
Negro officer?
是,好的,他,嗯……他是北方来的,你看。
Yeah, well, he, uh.. . He comes from up North, you see.
他只是,恩,坎达……
And he was, uh, kinda. ..
-只是路过的……-如果不是因为他,
– passin’ through.. .- lf it wasn’t for him,
你们这位公平公正的警长还关着那个无辜青年。
your impartial chief of poIice would still have the wrong man behind bars.
我希望那警官能介入此案。
l want that officer given a free hand.
要不,我就搁置我丈夫的工厂计划……
Otherwise, I will pack up my husband’s engineers…
让你们……
and leave you. ..
自生自灭。
to yourselves.
科尔伯特太太,这事你不用担心。
Mrs. Colbert, now don’t you worry about a thing.
相信我,我们会处理好这一切的。
Believe me, we’re gonna take care of everything.
比尔?
Bill?
我希望你能处理好这些,你听到了没?
l wanna see you come through this now, you hear?
即使我们得罪恩迪科特?
Even if we have to step on Endicott’s toes?
就算那样。
Even that.
不过得速战速决。
But do it fast.
好吧。
AII right.
现在,比尔,怎么处理在这里的那个黑人警官?
Now, Bill, how about this here Negro officer?
科尔伯特太太似乎对他很有信心。
Mrs. Colbert seems to have confidence in him.
噢,他倒不是一无是处。他是……
Oh, he ain’t nothin’. Some kind of a. ..
他是刑侦专家。不过我不需要他。
some kind of a homicide expert.But I don’t need him.
你说你不想要他?不过你的确需要他。
You mean you don’t want him.But you do need him.
现在听好,比尔,假如他抓住了凶手。
Now look, Bill.Suppose he turns up the killer.
他并不属于本地警♥察♥系统。他必须把凶手交给本地警♥察♥,对不?
He has no police power here. He’s gonna have to hand him over on a platter, right?
是的。
That’s right.
但是如果他失败了,你就脱身了。
And if he fails, you’re off the hook,
因为这全是科尔伯特太太最初的意见。
’cause it was Mrs. Colbert’s idea in the first place.
懂我的意思了没?
See what I mean?
懂了,是的。
Oh, yeah.
把事情全部搞定,比尔。这对所有的人都有好处。
Works out all the way around, Bill.For all of us.
不好意思。
Excuse me.
有什么理由让你今天必须走吗?
Any reason why you have to leave today?
很多。
There’s lots of reasons.
我请求你留下来,怎么样?
What would you say if I asked you to stay for a while?
不必了。
No.
这个镇需要一个工厂,维吉。
This town needs a factory, Virgil.
科尔伯特特意从芝加哥过来建厂。
Colbert come down from Chicago to build it.
我听说他将会雇1000多人,其中有一半是黑人。
l hear they’re gonna hire a thousand men.Half of them’d be colored.
-知道这意味着什么吗?-也许这就是被杀的原因。
– Know what that means?- Probably got him killed.
科尔伯特太太也是这个意思,她要缉凶。
That’s what Mrs. Colbert thinks.She wants us to catch her a killer.
没有凶手,就没有工厂。
No killer, no factory.
恩,它会给大量黑人提供工作。你懂我的意思吗?
Well , it’s a lotta jobs for a Iotta colored people. You follow me?
-我要回家了,先生。-他们是你的同胞。
– I’m going home, man.- They’re your people.
不是我的,是你们的。你们自己搞成这样的。
Not mine – yours. You made this scene.
-你到底想让我怎么样?求你对吗?-听着,我在你的镇里已经受够了。
– What do you want me to do?Beg you?- Look, l’ve had your town up to here!
孩子,为了这个忏悔的世界,我想用马鞭抽你,维吉!
Boy, it would give me a world of satisfaction to horsewhip you, Virgil!
我父亲曾经也这么说过。
My father used to say that.
-甚至还打了一两次。-好,一两次哪够。
– Even did, once or twice.- Yeah, well , not enough to suit me.
现在给我认真听着。
Now you listen to me.
我这辈子就这一次让我控制我的怒火。
Just once in my life l’m gonna hold my temper.
我告诉你必须留下。
l’m tellin’ you that you’re gonna stay.
你必须留下,否则我给你的警长打电♥话♥,让他提醒你他交代过你的工作。
You’ll stay here if I have to have your chief remind you what he told you to do.
不过我并不想这么做,你知道的。
But I don’t think I have to do that, you see?
不,因为你很聪明,你比白人还要聪明。
No. Because you’re so damned smart.You’re smarter than any white man.
你要留在这里,显示你的实力。
You’re just gonna stay here and show us all.
你向来不吝啬,又何必来此羞辱我们呢?
You could never Iive with yourself unless you could put us all to shame.
你知道重点的,维吉?
You wanna know something, Virgil?
我并不认为你会让这样一个机会白白丢失。
I don’t think that you could let an opportunity like that pass by.
(train horn )
爵士?
( Gillespie ) Jess?
爵士,这是,恩……
Jess, this is, uh. ..
这是维吉。他是我同事。
This is VirgiI. He’s workin’ for me.
给他找一辆车,能跑就行。
Give him somethin’ that runs. Fix him up.
我修过的都能跑。谁来付钱?
What I fix, runs. Who pays?
警♥察♥局。
Police.
恩,你知道上哪找我。
Well, you know where to find me.
你来这做什么,伙计?
What you doin’ here, man?
我是警♥察♥。
PoIiceman.
你是斯马达镇的警♥察♥?
You’re a policeman here in Sparta?
他们想抓个凶手,但他们不知道怎么做。
They’ve got a murder they don’t know what to do with.
他们需要一个替罪羊。
They need a whipping boy.
你有地方住吗?
You got a roof?
没有,我会找个旅馆的。
No. l’ll find a motel.
(jess chuckles)
维奥拉……我们有个同伴了。
Viola.. . We got company.
知道会发生什么吗?
Know what’s gonna happen?
他会自身难保的。
He gonna get hisseIf killed.
你看着吧,他不可能做到的。
You watch and see he don’t.
我知道这很冒险,汤姆。不过,不管喜不喜欢,我们不得不接受他。
l’m aware of the risk, Tom.But, like it or not, we’re stuck with him.
除非警长能抢先一步。
Not if the chief here is right on the ball.
What do you say, Chief? You got that old killer all lined up in your front sights, hm?