你不动手……我们做。
You don’t. .. we will.
恩,那是个建议?还是命令?
Now, is that a suggestion,or is that an order?
那是个警告!
That’s a warnin’!
我知道了。
l see.
我知道了。
l see.
闭嘴,带这些废物离开!快点,快滚!
Shut up and take this trash outta here!Come on, move it and go!
喂,你已经收到口讯了,维吉?!
Well, you finally get the message, Virgil?!
我可以进来吗?
May I get in?
-我以为你离开了。-还没有。
– Thought you left town.- Not yet.
你能再走一次周二晚的路线吗,同样的速度?
Could you foIIow the same route you followed Tuesday night, same speed?
-为什么?-为什么不呢?
– Why?- Why not?
-我最好同警长报告一下。-我并不想让他大骂你一顿。
– Maybe I better check with the chief.- I wouldn’t want him to slap you down
只是因为你没按路线走。
for steppin’ outta line,
按自己的意愿做个决定,也就如此而已。
makin’ decisions on your own,and all that.
他不会怪我偏离路线的。
He don’t knock me outta my socks.
我们走吧,维吉。
Let’s get rollin’, Virgil.
♫ All you little birds better lock up tight
♫ ‘Cause there’s a foul owl on the prowl tonight
♫ Hey, little lark, get outta the dark
♫ Foul owl on the prowl
♫ Cute little jay, stay outta his way
♫ Foul owl on the prowl
♫ You just might be the quail he’ll tail
♫ Foul owl on the prowl
♫ You just might be
the swallow he’ll follow
♫ Foul owl on the prowl
♫ If you hear him hoot – scoot
♫ If you pass his tree – flee
♫ If you catch his eye – fly
♫ Don’t wait to say goodbye
我花了10分钟买♥♥大号♥可乐和蛋糕。
Take ten minutes to get myself a king-sized Coke and a wedge of pie.
最好,我最喜欢的蛋糕别又卖♥♥完了。
That is, if that peckerwood ain’t sold out again.
-要我给点带点什么吗? -不用,我也进去。
– Can I bring you anything?- No. l’m coming in.
我已经告诉过人赶紧离开这里。
l thought I told you to get outta here.
-我没有准备走。-我告诉过你了,警长。
– l’m not ready to leave.- I was gonna tell you, Chief.
-你忘记那四个疯子了吗?-我还需要一点时间。
– You forget about those four maniacs?- I need more time.
-难道要我亲自把你塞进火车?-我不得不如此。
– Do I have to put you on the train myself?!- I guess so!
遏!吁
Whoa.
够了,维吉!你到底想怎么样?
All right, Virgil.Just what the hell do you want?
我想准确了解山姆在案发当晚的所有路线。
I wanna know exactly where Sam was at all times on the night of the murder.
♫ If you pass his tree – flee
♫ If you catch his eye – fly
维吉,如果你被杀了,你会给我们镇带来很大的麻烦。你知道吗?
Virgil, if you get kiIIed, we’ll have one hell of a mess in this town. You know that?
我知道。
l know.
今晚我给你准备了绝对美味的蛋糕,山姆。
Got some real luscious cream pie for you tonight, Sam.
不,我是说伍德警官。按你的一贯要求。
l mean Officer Wood.Just like you always order.
你知道我不喜欢吃这玩意。警长要求我们干净利索,对吧,警长?
You know I don’t eat that stuff. The chief likes his boys streamlined. Right, Chief?
给我闭嘴,山姆。
Why don’t you shut up, Sam?
-好了,你要点什么,维吉?-我不招待他!
– All right, what’ll you have, Virgil?- I ain’t servin’ him!
周二晚你是在2:40离开的,是吗?
Tuesday night you walked out of here at 2:40. Right?
非常准时。
Right on the button.
那还有两分钟了。
Two minutes from now.
这是给他的。
That’s for him.
恩,那晚你出来后做了什么?
Now, what’d you do when you came out that night?
我用无线电呼叫总部。
Well, I picked up the radio and called in.
请再来一次。
Do it, please.
照做,快。
Go ahead. Go ahead.
嗯啊……我是伍德。我现在正要离开康普顿店。
Uh. .. Wood to radio. l’m leavin’ Compton’s now.
山姆,你要注意。加斯比在四处巡逻。
( Courtney ) Sam, look sharp.Gillespie’s sniffin’ around.
把它给我!
Gimme that thing!
考特尼,你弟弟说我没叫他修那闸,我是叫你修的!
Courtney, your brother says I didn’t tell him to fix that hinge, so I told you.
你听到没有,考特尼?
Do you read me, Courtney?
-噢,我立刻去修,警长。-你最好给我快点。
– Oh, l’ll get right on it, Chief.- l’d do that if I were you.
是,警长,收到。
Yes, sir. Ten-four.
好,你可以开车了。伍德警官。
AII right, you can move us. Officer Wood.
-你为什么要这么做,山姆?-做什么?
– Why’d you do that, Sam?- Do what?
在这拐角,你换了一条路线。
Change your route back there at the corner.
谁说我换了?
Who says I changed?
听着,我当然知道我在做什么!警长,我受够了这些!
Look, I oughta know what I did!Chief, do I have to put up with this?
我是给你工作,还是给他工作的?
Do I work for you, or do I work for him?
晚安,先生。
Good night, gentlemen.
我不知道。
l don’t know.
-我不知道。-恩,我很欣赏你做的事。
– I don’t know.- Well, I appreciate anything you can do.
-这太不合常规了。-是,我知道。
– This is highly irregular.- Yeah, I know that.
给你看储户的帐目?呃,我不知道。
Showing our depositors’ accounts?Hm. I don’t know.
-你确定是官方要求吗?-是的,正式的官方要求,是的。
– You sure this is an officiaI request?- Yes. lt’s official, yes.
-你得给我补书面材料。-好的,我会给你写的。
– You willing to put that in writing?- Yeah. l’ll put it in writing.
得写在警♥察♥局的信笺上。
On police department letterhead?
就算你让我写在针尖上,我也会写的。
l would write it on the head of a pin if you want it there.
-我必须得有书面存档。-我懂,只是我匆忙了点。
– I gotta have somethin’ for the file.- I realize that, but l’m in a hurry.
好了,我们来看这。
Well, we’ll see.
几年前,他在我这里开了个账户。
He’s had an account with us for several years now.
那又怎么样?
That so?
不是大客户。
Not a large account.
从来没有多过……恩。
Never more than.. . Yeah.
$208元。
$208.
那是在62年9月。
That was back in ’62. September.
我对62年9月没兴趣。我想知道昨天的。
l am not interested in ’62 September.l am interested in yesterday.
Yesterday?Well. ..
昨天?好……
好。
Well.
看这里所说,他存了632元。
According to this,he made a deposit of. .. $632.
-昨天?-是的。
– Yesterday? – Yes.
-多谢。-那一定是我出去吃午饭了。
– Thank you.- Must have been when I was out to lunch.
这么多钱,我一定会记得的。
A deposit that size, l’d remember.
喂,你得给我发书面材料,你听到了没?
Oh, you’II send me that letter for the file, you hear?
我告诉你,小兄弟,警长不喜欢他,从来没有。
l’ll tell you, baby brother, the chief didn’t like him, not even from the first.
( door opens)
-早上好。-嗨,你想进去干嘛?
– Morning.-Hi, Where do you think you’re goin’?
没事,让他进去。
( Courtney ) It’s all right. Let him go.
我刚与FBI通话了。可以确定科尔伯特曾去过那温室。
I just talked to the FBl lab. We can prove Colbert was in that greenhouse.
恩迪科特在掩饰。
Endicott’s covering up.
恐怕你已经太晚了。我们已经抓住罪犯了。
I’m afraid you’re too late.We already got the guilty man.
-谁?-山姆。
– Who?- Sam.
-山姆?-正确。
– Sam?- That’s right.
我们的疑犯是恩迪科特。
Our man is Endicott.
你想一下。昨晚你不是已经逮着山姆在撒谎了吗?
You just think a minute.Didn’t you catch Sam in a lie last night?
并且昨天他在银行存了一大笔钱。
And yesterday he makes a big cash deposit at the bank.
我告诉过你了,我已经说了一百次了。
If I told you once,I told you a hundred times
那是我赢得硬币比赛的奖金。我坚持了三年才中!
that I won that matchin’ quarters and halves. It took me three years!
那为什么是大票子?我查过了。
Then why was it in big bills?I checked.
那是因为我凑够了就去换,每次换20美元的纸币。
Because whenever I got enough change,I’d trade it in on $20 bills.
当我累积到600美元时,我就把它存入银行。
And when I got up to $600,I took it down and put it in the bank.
科尔伯特被杀时,他钱包里有900美元,而其中600美元不见了。
The day Colbert was killed, he cashed a check for $900, $600 of which is gone,
300美元留在钱包里,是故意引诱像哈维这样的人的。
$300 of which I believe you leff in the wallet as bait for some kid like Oberst!
-你把我当成什么人了?-操,你TMD别嚣张,小子!
– What kinda man do you think I am?!- Now, don’t you push me, boy!
现在听着。
Now listen.
如果你没有怀疑山姆,
If you weren’t suspicious of Sam here,
那你为什么昨晚在他改变路线时质问他?
why did you question him last night when he changed his route?
-因为我知道他为什么改变路线。-什么?
– I knew why he changed his route.- Knew what?
他害怕我在下一个街区看到一个裸体白人女孩。
He was afraid I’d see some naked white girl down the block.
-什么?-那女孩名叫德洛丽丝 珀迪。
– What?- Some girl named Delores Purdy.
她有特殊癖好,经常在夜里裸体晃荡。就那样……
She parades around in the nude at night to get her kicks. That’s. ..
-你怎么知道的?-我知道,我就是知道。
– How do you know?- I know.I know.
好了,我知道。你理解了吗?
Well, I know. Do you understand?
我知道科尔伯特换了900美元。
I know that CoLbert cashed a check for $900.
我还知道山姆存了一大笔现金。
I know that Sam made a big cash deposit.
并且我知道你逮到了他说谎。我知道这对我来说足够了。
I know that you caught him in a lie.And I know that’s enough for me.
来吧,山姆。
C’mon, Sam.
马丁,把他关起来。
Martin, lock him up.
怎么样?
Well?
不过……你搞错了。
Well… you’re making a mistake.
别赌咒发誓了。
Don’t you bet against it.
现在你可以去赶火车了,维吉。
You can catch your train now, Virgil.
锑伯斯?
Tibbs?
你认为是山姆做的吗?
Do you think Sam did it?
-警长在哪里?-这是怎么回事?
– Where do I find the chief?- What’s it all about?
这是我的事。
My business.
嗨,等会,珀迪。
Hey, look, Purdy.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!