根据真实故事改编
我想过会儿就会乌云密布
Well, I expect it’ll cloud over later on.
萨顿胡那里有什么事?
What’s going on at Sutton Hoo, then
有位女士想让我进行挖掘工作
There’s a lady who’s got an excavating job.
-多谢 小心慢走 -谢谢
– Ah, thank you kindly. Mind how you go. – Thank you.
早安 我是来找普莱提太太的
Mornin’. Mrs. Pretty, please.
我是巴兹尔布朗
Basil Brown.
在这里等一下
Wait here.
-我们过去看看吧? -好
– Should we take a look at them, then – Right.
这种事通常是通过博物馆处理的
Things like this are usually done through museums.
是 但当我找上伊普斯威奇博物馆时
Yes. But when I approached Ipswich,
里德摩尔先生说战争即将来临 他们无法展开新的挖掘工程
Mr. Reid Moir said that, with the war coming,they couldn’t embark upon any new ventures.
确实 罗马别♥墅♥的挖掘就够他们忙了
Well, they have their hands full with a Roman villa.
-是 他说那项工程是你负责的 -没错
– Yes. He said you were working on it. – I am.
他还说你这人不好应付
He told me you were a difficult man.
是吗?
Did he, now
反常规 而且未经过训练
Unorthodox… and untrained.
他是这样谈及我的呀?
So that’s his reference, is it
我并非未经过训练
Well, I’m… I’m not untrained.
我从会握镘刀开始就投身于挖掘工作
I’ve been on dig since I was old enough to hold a trowel.
是我父亲教会我的
My father taught me.
也许摩尔先生 只是想把你留在身边为己所用
Perhaps Reid Moir just wants to keep you for himself.
我可不这么认为
I don’t know about that.
我一直对这些土墩很好奇 想亲眼见识下
I’ve always had a curiosity to see these here mounds.
亨利八世曾在这里挖掘过
Henry VIII came here to dig.
我听说过
So I’m told.
历史并没记载他发现了什么
Well, no record of what he found.
我和我丈夫买♥♥下这块地 希望能一探究竟底下埋着些什么
My husband and I bought this land,with the hope of exploring what was under there.
不过嘛 计划赶不上变化
But… Well, best-laid plans.
让你猜的话 你觉得它们是什么?
What are they Would you hazard a guess
应该是土墩墓吧
Burial mounds, I expect.
我估计 我们正站在某人的墓地里
We’re standing in someone’s graveyard, I reckon.
维京人
Viking…
或者更古老些
Or maybe older.
据说以前 想怀孕的当地女孩们 会过来躺在这些土墩上
Apparently, local girls used to lie down on them in the hope of falling pregnant.
民间传说我听过不少
I’ve heard plenty of legends.
这就是你想挖掘的原因吗?
Is that why you want to dig, Mrs. Pretty
就因为这些珍宝传说?
Tales of buried treasure
和你一样 我从几乎会握镘刀开始 就对考古感兴趣
My interest in archaeology began like yours,when I was scarcely old enough to hold a trowel.
我儿时的家 就建在一座西多会修道院上
My childhood home was built on a Cistercian convent.
我协助我父亲 将其半圆形后殿挖掘了出来
I helped my father excavate the apse.
它们会说话 对吧?
That speaks, don’t it
过去
The past.
你这里有兔子 普莱提太太
You have rabbits, Mrs. Pretty.
是 我知道
Yes, I am aware of that.
兔子喜欢钻洞
Rabbits burrow.
它们不利于挖掘
They’re bad for excavations.
我想从这个开始
I’d like to start with this one.
普莱提太太 就我个人而言 我不会从这个开始
Ah, I wouldn’t start with this one, Mrs. Pretty,not personally speaking.
为什么?
Why not –
这个中间陷下去了 看到吗?
‘Cause that dips in the middle, see
而且这土壤感觉不太紧实
And the soil feels… That’s compacted.
以前的盗墓贼会垂直向下挖一个竖井
Thieves used to sink shafts in.
那被称为盗墓贼的长笛
Robber’s flutes, they’re called.
他们找到的珍宝 早就已经被熔化并卖♥♥掉了
Anything they found would’ve been melted down and sold long ago.
我认为你最好还是从那个开始
I expect you might be better off with…One of these.
但我对这个有很好的预感
But I have a feeling about this one.
钱是你的 普莱提太太 但我会以证据为根据
Well, that’s your money, Mrs. Pretty,but I’d base your dig on evidence,
而不是预感
not feeling.
至于工资 每周1英镑15先令6便士可以吗?
As for money, would 1 pound, 15 shillings,and 6 pence a week be acceptable
不行
No.
我问了摩尔先生 他说就付你这么多
I asked Reid Moir what he pays.That was his reply.
他付的根本就不够
Well, he don’t pay enough.
好吧 我恐怕只能拿出这么多钱了
All right.I’m afraid that’s all I can reasonably afford to spend.
好 我明白
Right, then. Understood.
罗伯特 你上哪弄来的防毒面具?
Robert, where did you get that gas mask
脱下来
Take it off.
-抱歉 我不知道你在… -这不是玩具
– Sorry, I didn’t realize you were… – This is not a toy.
罗伯特 这是布朗先生
Robert, this is Mr. Brown.
你好啊 年轻人
Hello there, young man.
我是罗伯特普莱提 你好
Robert Pretty. How do you do
-谁在追你啊? -拉斯卡船长和他的混混手下
-Who’s coming after you – Captain Laska and his gangsters.
布朗先生是一名考古学家
Mr. Brown is an archaeologist.
我是个挖掘专家
Well, I’m an excavator.
你是来挖掘土墩的吗?
You’ve come to dig up the mounds
恐怕不是 不是今天
I’m afraid not. Uh, not today.
我先告辞了
Excuse me.
祝你顺利搞定那些小混混 罗伯特
Good luck with your gangsters, Robert.
谢谢你
Thank you.
也祝你的挖掘顺利 太太
And you, with your dig, ma’am.
真是可惜
Ah, blast.
-布朗先生? -什么事?
– Mr. Brown – Yes
我是比利莱恩斯 这是普莱提太太给你的
Billy Lyons. Uh, uh, from Mrs. Pretty.

All right.
转告她 周一
Tell her Monday,
八点整
8:00 sharp.
我每周要至少2英镑的工资
I won’t work for less than two pound a week.
你若想让我进行一整天的挖掘 骑自行车就太远了
And it’s too far to bike, if you want a day’s digging.
你可以和莱恩斯一家 一起住在马车房♥里
You could lodgewith the Lyonses in the coach house.
莱恩斯先生是我的司机 而莱恩斯太太则负责管理厨房♥
Mr. Lyons is my chauffeur,and Mrs. Lyons is in charge of the kitchen.
我需要帮手
Well, I’ll need help.
我能给你安排一个助手
I could let you have one man.
两个会更好
Two would be better.
我很高兴我们最终还是达成了协议 布朗先生
I’m glad we could come to an arrangement after all, Mr. Brown.
约翰雅各布斯和斯普纳先生 会把牧羊人小屋带过来
John Jacobs and Mr. Spooner are bringing the shepherd’s hut.
遇到恶劣天气时也许用得上
I thought it might be useful in case of inclement weather.
你想得真周到
Oh, that’s very considerate.
我儿子罗伯特 非常热切地想协助你
My son Robert is keen to assist you in any way.
如果你觉得他烦人的话…
If you find his presence irksome…
不 让他来吧
Oh, no, no, no. He can come.
你要从这个开始吗?
You’ll start with this one

Yeah.
还是忘了那个比较大的土墩吧 普莱提太太
I reckon we can forget that larger mound, Mrs. Pretty.
这个
This one here,
才是遗物的所在地
that’s where we’ll find something.
那么
Well,
我就不耽误你了
shan’t hold you up.
多谢
Thank you kindly.
要我说的话 那个男人 不应该碰普莱提太太的土墩
If you ask me, the man should leave Mrs. Pretty’s mounds well alone.
-谢谢太太 -谢谢
– Thank you, ma’am. – Great, dear. Thank you.
亲爱的 悠着点 你差点把我撞倒了
Darling, please be gentle. You’ll knock me down.
抱歉 布朗先生让你过去找他
I’m sorry. Mr. Brown says to come.
-现在吗? -对
– Now – Yes.
好吧 谢谢你给我传话
Well, thank you for the message.
看起来像肉铺里用的那种托盘
Well, it looks like the kind of tray you get at a butcher’s.
这些黑色的部分可能是火烧的痕迹
And there’s some blackness here, maybe indicating a fire was made.
那些人是谁啊?
Who are those men
他们是伊普斯威奇博物馆的人 摩尔先生给我打了电♥话♥
They’re from the Ipswich Museum. Mr. Reid Moir telephoned me.
说想看看事情的进展 所以我就邀请他过来了
He wanted to see how things were progressing, so I invited him.
普莱提太太
Mrs. Pretty,
这是盖伊梅纳德 我们的新馆长
this is Guy Maynard, our new curator.
-你好吗? -你好
– How do you do – Hello.
你好 布朗
Hello, Brown.
梅纳德 能麻烦你过来搭把手吗?
Maynard. Can I borrow you, please, for this here corner
没问题
Jolly good.

One.
-抓稳了吗?二 -嗯
– You have it Two. – Yeah.
三 啊 靠
Three! Blast.
那就是你们努力的成果吗?
Is that the sum of your labors
借过
Excuse me.
你这家伙 你懂的比我多么?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!