对不起 这是秘密投票
Excuse me. This was a secret ballot.
我们都同意的 不是吗
We all agreed on that, no?
如果这位先生想保持秘密
If the gentleman wants it to remain secret…
秘密?你是什么意思?
Secret? What do you mean secret?
陪审团室里没有秘密
There are no secrets in a jury room.
我知道是谁
I know who it was.
兄弟 你可真行
Brother, you really are somethin’.
你坐在这里 和我们一样投有罪票
You sit here vote guilty like the rest of us,
接着某个金嗓子的牧师 说得你心碎
then some golden-voiced preacher tears your poor heart out
说什么一个社会底层的孩子 不可避免沦为杀人犯
about some underprivileged kid couldn’t help becoming a murderer
于是你改了投票
and you change your vote.
那真的最让人厌恶…
If that isn’t the most sickening…
你为什么不扔个铜板到他的募捐箱里?
Why don’t you drop a quarter in his collection box?
等一下
Oh, now just wait a…
听着 你不能那样子跟我说话
Listen, you can’t talk to me like that.
你以为你是谁?
Who do you think you are?
冷静点 这没关系
Calm down, calm down. It doesn’t matter.
他很容易激动 快坐下
He’s very excitable. Sit down.
激动?我就是容易激动!
Excitable? You bet I’m excitable!
我们要把一个有罪的人送上电椅 他活该
We’re tryin’ to put a guilty man in the chair, where he belongs.
有人开始跟我们讲童话 我们就听了!
Someone starts tellin’ us fairy tales and we’re listenin’!
嘿 你 算了
Hey, you…Come on
是什么让你改变投票?
What made you change your vote?
他没有改投票 我改的
He didn’t change his vote. I did.
哦 好啊 – 我就知道
Oh, fine. – I knew it.
你要我告诉你为什么吗?
Would you like me to tell you why?
不 我不想你告诉我为什么
No, I wouldn’t like you to tell me why.
反正我想澄清 如果你不介意的话
I’d like to make it clear anyway, if you don’t mind.
我们非得听这个吗?
Do we have to listen to this?
这个人有话要说
The man wants to talk.
谢谢你
Thank you.
这位先生一直独自对抗我们
This gentleman has been standing alone against us.
他并没有说那孩子无罪
He doesn’t say the boy is not guilty.
他只是无法确定
He just isn’t sure.
要独自对抗别人的嘲讽并不容易
It’s not easy to stand alone against the ridicule of others.
所以他赌了一把 争取支持
So he gambled for support
我支持了他 我尊重他的动机
and I gave it to him. I respect his motives.
那个受审的孩子或许有罪 但是…
The boy on trial is probably guilty
我想多听听
but I want to hear more.
现在的票数是十比二
Right now the vote is ten to two.
我在讲话! 你没有权利离开这房♥间!
I’m talking! You have no right to leave this room!
他不会听你的
He can’t hear you.
他绝不会的 我们坐下吧
He never will. Let’s sit down.
我们可以继续了吗?
Shall we continue?
我觉得 我们应该休息一下
Well, I think we ought to take a break.
你们知道 有人在里面
You know, one man’s inside
我觉得我们应该等他
and I think we ought to wait for him.
看来我们真的被困在这里了
Looks like we’re really hung up here, huh?
那老人做的事
That thing with the old man,
真是意料不到
that was pretty unexpected.
希望我能想出办法打破局面
Wish I could figure out some way we could break it up.
你知道吗?在广♥告♥界…
You know, in advertising…
我跟你说过我在代理公♥司♥工作吧?
I told you I worked in an agency?
有一些怪人在那里工作
Some pretty strange people work there.
实际上不奇怪
Well, not strange, really.
我想只是他们表达自己的方式很独特
I guess it’s just they have peculiar ways of expressing themselves.
当然 我猜在你那一行也一样吧?
I suppose it’s the same in your business too, huh?
你是做什么的?
What do you do?
我是个钟表匠
I’m a watchmaker.
真的吗?
Really?
我想象中 世上最出色的钟表匠都来自欧洲
I imagine the finest watchmakers in the world come from Europe.
总之 在代理公♥司♥ 要是遇到这种情形
Anyway, in an agency, when we reach a point like this…
我在跟他说 在广♥告♥代理中
I’m telling him, in an ad agency
要是会议中 遇到这种情形
when a point like this is reached in a meeting
总有个人准备了一个点子
there’s always some character ready with an idea, see.
真笑死我了
It kills me.
这是世上最怪异的事
It’s the weirdest thing,
他们说出自己的主意时 有时候用的短语
the way they sometimes precede their idea with a phrase.
就像 有个账务主任站起来说
Like, some account exec will get up and he’ll say:
“好了 我有一个点子
“OK, here’s an idea.
我们…把它挂到旗杆上
Let’s…run it up the flagpole
看看有没有人欢迎它”
and see if anyone salutes it.”
虽然挺蠢的 但很好笑
I mean, it’s idiotic, but it’s funny.
我…
I…
刚刚太激动了一点
got a little excited back there.
我无意惹人不快
I…didn’t mean to get nasty.
还好你不是那种会被情绪影响的人
Glad you’re not one of those who lets these emotional appeals influence him.
我不知道那个电扇怎么回事 就是没法启动
I don’t know what’s the matter with that fan. Can seem to get it start.
你是推销员吗?
Are you a salesman?
我是个建筑师
I’m an architect.
你知道软性推销是什么吗?
You know what the soft sell is?
你有这个技能 相信我
Well, you’ve got it, believe me.
我的技能不一样
I’ve got a different technique.
大笑 喝酒 开玩笑
Laughs, drinks, jokes,
小手段 你懂吧?
tricks. You know?
是啊
Yeah.
击中他们的生活 那是我的座右铭
Hit ’em where they live , that’s my motto.
去年我卖♥♥橘子果酱赚了两万七
I made 27 grand last year sellin’ marmalade.
还不错
That’s not bad.
我是说 毕竟那是橘子果酱
I mean, you know, considerin’ marmalade.
你从这里能得到什么?刺♥激♥吗?
What are you gettin’ out of this? Kicks?
还是有人撞过你的头…
Or did somebody bump you on the head once
你还没有恢复过来?
and you haven’t gotten over it?
也许
Maybe.
知道吗 你们这些好人都一样
You know, you do-gooders are all alike.
老是把自己的快乐建立在别人的痛苦上
You’re always blowin’ your stacks over some guy that fanned.
但你浪费我们的时间做什么?
But what are you wastin’ our time for?
何不捐五块钱出去
Why don’t you donate five dollars to the cause?
或许能让你感觉好些
Maybe it’ll make you feel better.
这个孩子有罪 哥们
This kid is guilty, pal.
那是和尚头上的虱子-明摆着
It’s as plain as the nose on your face.
所以我们干吗不停止浪费大家的时间
So why don’t we stop wastin’ our time here?
继续下去大家的喉咙都疼了 知道吗?
We’re gonna all get sore throats if we keep it up, you know?
有什么区别?在这里 或看球赛都会疼
What difference does it make if you get it here or at the ball game?
没有区别 哥们
No difference, pal.
完全没有区别
No difference at all.
这帮人不错 对吧?
Nice bunch of guys, huh?
他们跟其他人都一样
They’re about the same as anyone else.
伙计 真是凶恶的一天
Boy, what a murderous day.
你觉得我们还会很久吗?
Do you think we’ll be much longer?
我不知道
I don’t know.
他绝对有罪 全世界没有一个人会怀疑
He’s guilty for sure. Not a doubt in the whole world.
我们早该…我们早该结束了
We should’ve… We should’ve been done already.
我并不介意 你知道 比上班强
Oh, I don’t mind, you know. Beats workin’.
你认为他无罪 对吧?
You think he’s not guilty, huh?
我不知道 有可能
I don’t know. It’s possible.
我不认识你
Well, I don’t know you,
但我打赌 你一生从未如此错过
but I’m bettin’ you’ve never been wronger in your life.
你在浪费你的时间 你得收拾这摊子
You’re wastin’ your time. You ought to wrap it up.
假设受审的人是你呢?
Supposing you were the one who was on trial?
我不习惯假设 我只是…
Well, I’m not used to supposin’. I’m just a…
一个打工的 我老板负责假设 但是…
workin’ man. My boss does the supposin’. But…
我会试试的
I’ll try one.
假设你真的说服了我们全体 而…
Supposin’ you talk us all out of this and…
那孩子真的刀杀了他父亲呢?
the kid really did knife his father, huh?
准备好了吗?
Are you ready?
对不起了 蓝眼哥
Sorry, blue eyes.
能在哪? – 好了 大家就坐吧
Well, where else? – OK, fellas. Let’s take our seats.
看来我们得在这里吃晚餐
Looks like we’ll be here for dinner.
好了 我们来办正事 谁想开头?
OK, now let’s get down to business. Who wants to start?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!