她说了什么?
What did she say?
没什么,亲爱的
Nothing, honey.
你又叫我婊♥子♥,你这个王八蛋
You call me a whore again, you son of a bitch.
你在沃思堡呆多久?
You staying in Fort Worth long?
我能帮上忙就不呆了
Not if I can help it.
你知道……有一些非常好的部分。
You know… There’s some real nice parts.
你只是不在其中之一
You just ain’t in one of ’em.
是的,我看出来了
Yeah, I can see that.
卡尔霍恩酒店
Hotel Calhoun.
哇,哇,哇
Whoa, whoa, whoa.
我们到了
Here we are.
克莱尔,这是你的
Claire, this is you.
玛丽亚伯,我们走吧
Mary Abel, let’s go.
失去丈夫的她还是那么强势
Losing her husband didn’t soften her much.
哼,你可以把那个女人泡在酪乳里一个月,
Hmph. You could soak that woman in buttermilk for a month
甚至没有软化她一点
and not even soften her a bit.
好的
All right.
约翰,这是你和你妹妹的
John, this is you and your sister.
你们在哪? – 就在隔壁,儿子
Where are you? – Right next door, son.
照顾你的兄弟 – 我会的。
Look after your brother. – I will.
是的女士
Yes, ma’am.
我说我会
I said I will.
我知道你说的是什么
I know what you said.
你没有说的是“是的,女士。”
What you didn’t say is “yes, ma’am.”
女人之间不会这样说
Women don’t say that to each other.
所以你现在是女人了吗?
So you’re a woman now?
我不是吗?
Aren’t I?
这孩子
That child…
她没错
She ain’t wrong.
所以你已经准备好让她开始谈恋爱了
So you’re ready for her to start courting.
只是没有机会 -和我想的一样。
Not a chance. -That’s what I thought.
房♥间多少钱?
How much did you spend on this room?
这估计是后面一段时间我们看到的最后一个房♥间
It’s the last room we’ll see for a while.
你是你应得的
You deserve it.
洗澡 – 想象一下。
A bath. – Imagine that.
我想知道大厅里有没有热水
I wonder if there’s hot water in the lobby.
有热水
There’s hot water.
我读到关于纽约的一家酒店
I read about a hotel in New York
他们用管道将热水直接送入房♥间
where they pipe hot water straight into the room.
你打开水龙头就有了
You turn a faucet on and it comes right out.
你能想象吗?
Can you imagine that?
现在,你脑子必须想着我
For now, you’re gonna have to imagine me
拖着一桶桶水爬上楼梯
hauling buckets of water up those stairs.
嗯,我可以做到
Well… I can do that.
好的
All right.
我马上回来
I’ll be right back.
白象沙龙
苦艾酒?
Absinthe?
苏打水
Soda water.
我不知道这个水
I don’t know this water.
你可能会用它来去除污渍
You probably use it to remove stains.
你为什么喝它?
Why do you drink it?
因为我不喝酒
Because I don’t drink alcohol.
为什么不?
Why not?
就是不要
Just don’t.
你也不赌博
You don’t gamble either.

No.
你会跳舞吗?
Do you dance?
不会再跳了
Not anymore.
好吧,也许你应该回家睡觉
Well, maybe you should go home and sleep.
现在让我猜猜:你也不睡觉
Now let me guess: you don’t sleep either.
差不多
Not much.
所以你坐在这里喝不是饮料的饮料
So you sit here and drink your drink that isn’t a drink
你看着人们做着那些你没有做的事情。
and you watch the people do all the other things you don’t do.
这是一个公平的观望
That’s a fair observation.
为什么?
Why?
这不是钱
It’s not money.
可怜的人凝视着这个房♥间
Poor men stare across this room
就像饥饿的小狗一样
like little puppies hungry for scraps.
但是你,你有钱
But you… You have money.
我有够多的钱
I have enough.
你不想独自面对你的记忆
You don’t want to be alone with your memories.
这就是你不睡觉的原因
It’s why you don’t sleep.
这就是为什么你坐在这里,直到你累到无法回忆
It’s why you sit here until you are too tired for memories.
你聪明到不该在这上班
You’re too smart to be working here.
我赚的钱比银行家多
I make more money than bankers.
我就在我应该在的地方
I’m right where I’m supposed to be.
她叫什么名字?
What was her name?
海伦
Helen.
从那以后你就不和任何人交往了?
You’ve known no one since?
你可以叫我她的名字
You can call me her name.
你可以闭上眼睛
You can close your eyes
你可以叫我她的名字
and you can call me her name
你可以再次和她在一起
and you can be with her again.
我可以给你
I can give that to you…
起开
Get the fuck off me.
他会给你带来麻烦吗?
Is he causing you problems?
他推我
He pushed me.
你知道我在这里做什么吗?
You know what I’m doing here?
找个理由
Looking for a reason.
你想成为我的理由?
You want to be my reason?
不,我没有
No, I do not.
然后他妈的坐下
Then sit the fuck down.
海伦
Helen.
没用
Didn’t work.
我所知道的关于性的都是谣言
All I knew of sex was rumors.
朋友间会相互交流,试着理解这个词的真正含义
Stories traded among friends
as we tried to imagine what that word really meant.
现在我知道了
Now I knew…
我读了很多关于怀俄明州的书
I’ve read a lot about Wyoming.
嗯,东边的雨不够
Well, there’s not enough rain in the east,
西部的雪太多了
there’s too much snow in the west.
所以
So…
不像科罗拉多.
No to Colorado…
不像怀俄明州
No to Wyoming.
俄勒冈州
Oregon.
华盛顿
Washington.
多雨,没有多少雪。
Plenty of rain. Not much snow.
夏季凉爽,冬季温和
Cool summers and mild winters.
有点像一首歌♥
Kind of sounds like a song.
对你来说,这听起来像是一首歌♥
To you it sounds like a song.
詹姆斯…
James…
你不认为我把40加仑的水拖上楼梯
就是为了冲澡吗?
You don’t think that I hauled 40 gallons of water
up those stairs just to get clean?
我在想办法让你爱我
I’m wooing you.
哇,那些水桶肯定很重
Whoo, those buckets of water sure must have been heavy.
对呀,亲爱的 -可怜的东西
They were, honey. -Poor thing.
我对生活一无所知
So much I don’t know about life.
我们学习阅读,我们学习规则
We learn to read, we learn rules,
学习经♥文♥和礼仪,
learn scripture and manners,
以及怎样做到己所不欲勿施于人
and how to avoid saying or doing
things that make others uncomfortable.
所有这些似乎都与生活背道而驰
All those things seem to be the opposite of life.
好像要掐死它
Seem to strangle it.
但现在,我睡在文明的边缘,
But now, I’m sleeping on the edge of civilization,
很快我们就离开了边缘
and soon we leave the edge behind.
然后没有规则
Then no rules.
然后只有生命
Then, only life.
多么冒险
What an adventure.
对我们所有人来说都是一次冒险
What an adventure for all of us…
她是个野人!
She’s a wild one!
轮到我了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!