在这世界上
There are over 550 million firearms
全世界一共有5亿5千万支军♥火♥
in world-wide circulation.
那就是说每12个人中就有1只枪
That’s one firearm for every twelve people on the planet.
唯一的问题是
The only question is…
我们如何让其他11个人也有枪
how do we arm the other eleven?
战争之王
你不用担心
You don’t have to worry.
我不会说一堆谎话 让你觉得我是好人
I’m not gonna tell you a pack of lies to make me look good.
我只是告诉你到底发生什么事
I’m just gonna tell you what happened.
我的名字是尤里·奥洛夫
My name is Yuri Orlov.
我年幼时,我们全家来到了美国
When I was a boy, my family came to America.
但没有完全融入美国社会
But not all the way.
像其他乌克兰人一样 我们都聚集在布莱顿滩
Like most Ukrainians, we gathered in Brighton Beach.
这里可以让我们想起黑海
It reminded us of the Black Sea.
我很快地就意识到我们只是从一个地狱到了另外一个地狱
I soon realized we’d just swapped one hell for another.
即使在地狱里 天使有时也会出现
Even in hell, an angel sometimes makes an appearance.
我十岁时就崇拜艾娃·方田
I’d worshipped Ava Fontaine since I was 10 years old.
她当然不知道我的存在
Of course, she didn’t know I existed.
有的时候我自己也这么觉得
I was starting to think she had a point.
在我生命的前二十几年里
For the first twenty-odd years of my life…
小奥德萨对我来说 就像对这列火车一样
…Little Odessa was to me what it is to the Q train…
是终点站
…the end of the line.
小奥德萨 纽约 1982
哦,关于我的名字,我刚撒了个谎
Oh, I did lie about my name.
其实并不是尤里·奥洛夫
It’s not really Yuri Orlov.
在20世纪的某些时候做个犹太人是有好处的
There’ve been few occasions in the in the 20th century when it’s been an advantage be a Jew.
70年代我们全家为了逃离苏联
But in the ‘seventies, to escape the Soviet Union,
就伪装成犹太人
our family pretended to be Jewish.
从此我就活得不怎么好
Little about my life has been kosher ever since
老哥,你好吗?
How’s it going, brother?
不怎么样
It’s not.
这是维塔利,我弟弟
That’s Vitaly, my younger brother.
他和我一样,对生命感到迷惘
He was as lost as me.
只是他现在还不知道罢了
He didn’t know it yet.
尤里 你迟到了
Yuri, you’re late.
我父亲很快地就把 这伪装的身份当真了
My father took his assumed identity to heart.
他比很多犹太人更犹太
He was more Jewish than most Jews.
这使我信天主教的母亲很生气
Which drove my Catholic mother crazy.
说过多少次啦?
How many times?
我不能吃贝类
I can’t eat shellfish.
不圣洁
It’s treyf.
你不是犹太人
You’re not Jewish.
但我喜欢这样
I like it.
我喜欢帽子
I like the hat.
时时提醒我们 上面有人类的主宰
To remind us there is something above us.
我喜欢那样想
I like that.
我要去(犹太)教堂
I’m going to temple.
别去!你比牧师去得还勤
You’re not going to temple. You go to temple more than the rabbi.
你这女人少管我的事
老天!你什么时候才能清醒点儿?
尤里,别忘了去看一看皇宫酒店的特♥价♥
Yuri, don’t forget to check the specials at the Palace.
在小奥德萨长大
Growing up in Little Odessa,
人杀人是家常便饭
murder was everyday part of life.
俄♥罗♥斯♥黑帮也从苏联移♥民♥到了这里
Russian mobsters had also migrated from the Soviet Union
而且他们来美国时
and when they came to America,
还带着家伙呢
their baggage came with them.
社区里 每天都有些帮派份子斗殴
There was always some gangster getting whacked in my neighborhood,
只是我从没亲眼见过
but I’d never seen it with my own eyes.
每次我总是早五分钟
I had this knack of showing up five minutes before something went down,
或晚五分钟
or five minutes after.
但那天不一样
Not that day.
这一枪打醒了我
It hit me.
就像是枪打在我身上一样震撼
It couldn’t have hit me harder if I was the one who’d been shot.
你开饭馆
You go into the restaurant business…
是因为人总是要吃饭
because people are always going to have to eat.
那天我意识到我的命运是为了提供人们的另一种生活必需品
That was the day I realized my destiny lay in fulfilling another basic human need.
下个安息日,我和父亲一起去教堂
The next Sabbath, I went to temple with my father.
然而我并不是想要接近上帝
However, it wasn’t God I was trying to get close to.
我的长子,尤里
Eli, my eldest son, Yuri.
在那儿我认识了第一把 以色列制的乌兹冲♥锋♥枪♥
My contact at synagogue landed me my first Israeli-made Uzi submachine guns.
第一次卖♥♥枪的感觉很大程度上就象第一次做♥爱♥一样
The first time you sell a gun is a lot like the first time you have sex.
你根本不知道自己在干嘛
You have absolutely no idea what you’re doing.
虽然很刺♥激♥ 但很快就结束了
But it is exciting and one way or another,it’s over way too fast.
先生们
Gentlemen.
新型乌兹自动手♥枪♥
The new Uzi machine pistol.
体积虽小,但火力强大
Big firepower in a small package.
这宝贝用的是九毫米凹头子弹
This little baby uses 9 mm hollow points.
20或25发可扩充式弹夹
Twenty twenty-five round extendable mags…
枪柄大小可调
…rear-flip adjustable sights.
消音器是标准装备 后座力极低
Silencer comes standard. Excellent recoil reduction.
枪口上抬减少四成
Muzzle jump reduced forty percent.
噪音减少六成
Sixty percent improved noise suppression.
就算你“现在”朝我打完一整夹子弹
You could pump a mag into me right now
也不会吵醒隔壁的人
and never wake the guy in the next room.
当然这样你就没机会和我再做更大的生意了
Of course, that would eliminate your opportunity for repeat business.
我天生就有走私违♥禁♥品♥的才能
I did have a natural instinct for smuggling contraband.
幸运的是那时的摄像机有火箭筒那么大
Fortunately, back then a video camera was a big as a bazooka
我的一生都在远离暴♥力♥
Here I’d been running away from violence my whole life,
但其实我更该接近它才对
and I should’ve run towards it.
这是人类的天性
It’s in our nature.
最初人类遗骸的肋骨腔中就有一个矛箭头
The earliest human skeletons had spearheads in their rib cages.
怎么搞这么久?
Where have you been?
如果客人来了怎么办?
What if we had a customer?
上帝保佑美国
God bless America.
“当心恶犬” 你哪儿来的狗!
Beware of the dog? You don’t have a dog.
想吓人呀?
Are you trying to scare people?
是吓我自己
No, it’s to scare me.
随时提醒我内心中的恶犬
Remind me to be aware of the dog in me.
它想袭击其他动物
The dog wants to fuck everything that moves
和击杀弱小同类的狗
Wants to fight and kill weaker dogs.
提醒自己要像个人
I guess it’s to remind me to be more human.
做条狗和做个人不是一个概念么?
Isn’t being a dog part of being human?
也许你生来就是一条狗呢?
What if that’s the best part of you? The dog part.
其实我们就是两条腿的狗
What if you’re really just a two-legged dog?
你得去看心理医生了
You need to see somebody.
这里臭死了
Stinks in here.
我总想在有生之年做件大事
I’d always wanted to do something big with my life
只是不知道要做什么
I just didn’t know what.
但我意识到
Anyhow, I figured,
如果我真要去卖♥♥枪
if I was going into the gun trade,
就得干大买♥♥卖♥♥
I was going aim high.
维塔利,别鬼混了,我要和你谈谈
Vitaly, stop fucking around. I want to talk to you.
你每天看报纸吗?
You read the newspapers, Vit?
报纸?每天都一样
Newspaper? It’s always the same.
没错
You’re right.
每天都有人在枪战
Every day there’s people shooting each other.
当我看到这种报道时 你猜我会干嘛?
You know what I do when I see that?
看他们用什么枪 心想为什么不是我卖♥♥的枪
I look to see what guns they’re using and I think to myself, why not my guns?
你要开个枪店?
What, are you opening a gun shop?
美国的枪店已经比麦当劳还多了
Already more of those in than McDonald’s.
即使这附近的黑帮这么多利润还是不够
Even with all the gangsters around here, the margins are too low.
-你已经算出能赚多少? -当然!
You’ve figured the margins? Sure.
帮派的火拼算个啥!
Forget gang wars.
真正的战争有血有肉的
The real money is in actual wars.
国与国之间的
Between countries.
尤里 你他♥娘♥的♥懂个屁枪
Yuri, what the fuck do you know about guns?
我知道咱们得干
I know which end I’d rather be on.
我做成了第一笔生意
I made the first sale.
这买♥♥卖♥♥咱们已经在干了
We’re already in business.
呃…咱们?
Whoa, whoa. We?
我要个合伙人
I need a partner.
我不知道…
I don’t know,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!