Because I dress like this.
我看太多书,我不爱运动,随你挑
I read too much. I don’t like sports. Take your pick.
我是跨性别他觉得很丢脸
He’s embarrassed ’cause I’m trans.
那他就是个白♥痴♥
Then he’s an idiot.
你今晚睡这里
This is you.
别乱碰东西
Try not to touch anything.
好的
Okay.
真没想到
Well…
早安
Good morning. The power’s still out
还在停电,我就把剩下的蛋煮完
so I cooked up the last of the eggs while they’re still good.
趁还没有坏之前 希望你不会介意
Hope you don’t mind.
我得去巡逻了
I have to do my rounds.
不先喝杯咖啡?
Don’t you at least want some coffee first?
好的
Yes.
来吧
There you go.
吃点炒蛋吗?
Uh, some eggs?
我不会拒绝
I wouldn’t say no.
好吧
All right.
那个罐子…
That can…
放进这里
goes in here.
挂起来
Hang that up.
奥托!你在巡逻喔
Hey, Otto! Making your rounds.
我能加入吗?我得多走路
You mind if I join you? I need to get my steps in.
好吧
Okay.
我是吉米 -马尔坎
I’m Jimmy. -Malcolm.
幸会了 -谢了
Nice to meet you. -Aw, thanks.

Yes.

Yes.
奥托,走慢一点,我的心跳太快了
Hey, Otto, if you want to slow down, we can ’cause my beats are up.

Yes.
有听说他们要把鲁本送去护理之家吗?
Otto, did you hear they’re moving Reuben into assisted living this afternoon?
谁?
Who is?
建商的人啊
The Dye & Merika guys.
天啊
My God.
他们说服安妮塔卖♥♥掉房♥子
They convinced Anita to sell the house.
不,是克里斯的决定
No, they made the deal with Chris.
他不能那么做 -他可以
Chris? He can’t do that. -Yeah, he can.
建商发现安妮塔得了帕金森氏症
After Dye & Merika found out Anita had Parkinson’s,
就找到克里斯然后…
they tracked Chris down and–
帕金森氏症? -对
Parkinson’s? -Yeah.
去年克里斯说服安妮塔签了授权书
So last year Chris convinced Anita to give him power of attorney
以防她的状况变糟
in case she got worse.
于是建商就向克里斯买♥♥下房♥子
So Dye & Merika made the deal with Chris to buy the house.
那群混♥蛋♥
Those pricks.
等等,安妮塔去年发现自己有帕金森?
Wait, Anita found out she had Parkinson’s last year?
不可能是这样
No, that’s not right.
她会告诉索妮娅,索妮娅会告诉我
She would’ve told Sonya. Sonya would’ve told me.
安妮塔和鲁本不想让你们知道
Well, Anita and Reuben didn’t want you and Sonya to know.
他们说你已经够忙了
They said you had enough on your plate as it is.
他们那么说?
They said that?
我要看建商给妳的所有文件
I need to see everything you ever got from Dye & Merika.
通知、信件,妳有授权书副本吗?
Notices, letters. Do you have a copy of the power of attorney?
你怎么会知道?
How do you know about that?
妳有吗? -有
Do you have it? -Yes.
去拿来 -好
Get it. -Yes.
还有妳和鲁本病情的纪录
And any records of Reuben’s condition and yours.
都是吉米跟你说的?
Did Jimmy tell you that?
妳能去拿吗?
Can you get it now?
可以
Yes.
我是个白♥痴♥
I’ve been an idiot.
纠结于自己的烦恼,不再替别人着想
I got so wrapped up in my own troubles, I stopped thinking of anyone else.
我以为可以置身事外
And I figured they weren’t thinking about me.
朋友不该这么冷漠
Friends shouldn’t do that.
所以…
So…
过了这么久很难开口
This isn’t easy to say after all this time.
但我很抱歉
But I’m sorry.
我也会搞定这件事
And I will sort all this out.
我得借用妳的手♥机♥
I need to use your phone.
为何不能用你自己的?
Why can’t you use your own?
我的手♥机♥停话了
Mine is disconnected at the moment.
为什么?
Why? -That doesn’t matter.
不重要,我得借用妳的手♥机♥
I just need to use your phone, okay?
你知道吗?
You know what?
不行
No.
不行? -不行
No? -No.
你不肯说你的手♥机♥为何停话
You won’t tell me why your phone is disconnected?
也不肯说为何要借用我的手♥机♥
You won’t tell me why you need to use my phone?
更不肯说你昨天在街上怎么了
You won’t tell me what happened to you in the street yesterday?
然后回家连门都不肯打开
And then you went inside and you wouldn’t even open the door?
你把我吓坏了,奥托
You scared me, Otto.
你知道我在门外等了多久吗?
Do you know how long I was out there?
我不知道你是不是出了事
And I didn’t know if something had happened to you.
或是你会出什么事
Or if something was gonna happen to you.
很抱歉我提到索妮娅的大衣
And I’m sorry if I said the wrong thing about Sonya’s coats.
但我只是想帮忙
But I was just trying to help.
你却把我拒之门外
And you left me out there.
所以你不能借用我的手♥机♥
So, no. You can’t use my phone.
你觉得大家都是白♥痴♥所以人生很难
You think your life is so hard because everybody’s an idiot
你得自己扛下所有事,对吗?
and you have to do everything on your own, right?
对吗?
Right?
猜怎么着?
But guess what.
你办不到
You can’t.
没人办得到
No one can.
你应该感到高兴
And I think you should just be happy
有人想帮你度过糟糕的一天
that someone was trying to help you get through a crappy day.
就算他们是白♥痴♥
Even if they’re an idiot.
所以…建商那些混♥蛋♥
So… -The real estate bastards
想把安妮塔和鲁本赶出他们家
are trying to force Anita and Reuben out of their home.
所以我才得借用妳的手♥机♥
That’s why I need to use your phone.
好吧,进来吧
Okay, fine. Come on.
我们从来没度过假
We had never had a vacation.
索妮娅怀胎六个月
Sonya was six months pregnant.
她想趁宝宝出生前做点特别的
And she wanted to do something special before the baby came.
于是我们就决定去尼加拉大瀑布
So we booked a trip to Niagara Falls.
回程时客运出车祸
On the way back, the bus crashed.
车厂召回刹车线
There’d been a recall on the brake lines,
但客运公♥司♥从没修好
but the company never had them fixed.
索妮娅半身瘫痪,而且…
Sonya was paralyzed…
我们也失去了儿子
and we lost our son.
三个月后她终于能回家
After three months, she was finally able to come home.
但他们已经开始盖新公♥寓♥
But they had started building the new condos
还有社区中心和步道
and the community centre and the walkways,
全都不是无障碍空间
none of which were designed for people in wheelchairs.
建商大可以修改设计蓝图
The builders could have changed their plans.
但法律没这规定,他们也不在乎
But the laws weren’t in place back then, and they didn’t care.
我在乎
I did.
我非常在乎
We’re putting in a new playground… -I cared.
你太太这种人… -我好生气
There’s places for people like your wife. -And I was so angry.
什么意思?她这种人?什么意思?
What does that mean? People like her? What does that mean?
你想说什么? -放开我!
What’re you tryin’ to say?! -Get off of me!
于是他们就把我踢出管委会
That’s when they voted me out as head of the homeowners’ association.
我想彻底毁掉他们
I wanted to obliterate them all.
建商、房♥地商、客运公♥司♥和司机
The builders, and the realtors, and the bus company, the bus driver.
我本来永远无法放手…
I never would have let it go…
要是没有索妮娅
but for Sonya.
索妮娅说我们必须继续过活
Sonya said we had to keep living.
我就那么做
That’s what I did.
我为了索妮娅继续过活
I lived for Sonya.
她半年前去世
Six months ago she passed away.
癌症
Cancer.
我本来也想寻死

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!