跟米哈尔叔叔谈谈,往西走。
Can I speak to Dad?
我能和爸爸通话吗?
He’s out at the moment.
他现在出去了。
All will be good, Stasio.
一切都会好的,斯塔修奥。
Why are little brothers always so worried?
为什么弟弟们总是那么担心?
You’re just one year older.
你只老了一岁。
Don’t lecture me.
别教训我。
I used to do that to you. Remember?
我以前也这么对你。还记得吗?
Yes, I remember.
是的,我记得住。
Don’t show all the time how smart you are.
不要总是展示你有多聪明。
That always got you in trouble.
那总是给你带来麻烦。
I’m looking forward to seeing you again.
我期待着再次见到你。
Me too.
我也是。
Is that your sister?
那是你姐姐吗?
Yes.
是的。
She is beautiful.
她很漂亮。
I teach here while my hometown is invaded by Germans.
当我的家乡被德国人入侵时,我却在这里教书。
I should become a soldier.
我应该成为一名士兵。
Do you want us to lose the war?
你想让我们输掉战争吗?
Our skill is not fighting, Stan.
我们的技能不是战斗,斯坦。
You have a brain.
你有头脑。
Use it.
用你的头脑。
That’s how we can help.
这就是我们能提供帮助的方式。
What do you mean?
你的意思是什么?
There is a place in the West
在西部有一个地方,
where they are hiring a lot of mathematicians right now.
他们现在正在雇佣很多数学家。
They need people like us.
他们需要我们这样的人。
Which place?
哪个地方?
If it’s Las Vegas, I’m in.
如果是拉斯维加斯,我就加入。
These guys over there
那些家伙们想
want to end this war.
在那里结束战争。
Once and for all.
而且是一劳永逸地。
I never thought about you,
我从没想过你,
because you would have to do it alone.
因为你将不得不,独自面对。
Only wives and children are allowed.
只有妻子和子女可以进入那里。
What about Adam?
亚当怎么办?
Could I bring him?
我能带着他去吗?
That’s impossible, Stan.
这是不可能的,斯坦。
It’s your call.
这是你的应♥召♥使命。
Mr. Ulam.
乌莱姆先生。
Mr. Ulam.
乌莱姆先生。
What?
什么?
This is all we need for the exam, right?
这就是我们考试所需要的,对吧?
Oh, yes.
哦,是的。
Just keep applying this.
继续应用这个。
Practice every day, and you should be fine.
每天练习,你们就会通过考试的。
– I’ll take it. – Thank you, Adam.
-我来收拾。-谢谢你,亚当。
You’re very welcome.
你不用客气。
May I ask you something?
我能问你些问题吗?
Of course.
当然可以。
How is your family?
你的家人怎么样?
I haven’t heard from them in a long time.
我已经很久没有他们的消息了。
A while ago I got a telegram from my brother.
前段时间,我收到我哥哥的一封电报。
He managed to get to London,
他设法到达伦敦,
and he joined the Free French Forces.
加入了自♥由♥法国抵抗组织。
– He’s a soldier? – No, he’s a journalist.
-他是个军人吗? -不,他是个记者。
But he decided to join the army.
但他决定参军。
I’d also like to join them.
我也想加入他们。
Good.
很好。
But even a soldier has to sleep.
但即使是士兵,也得睡觉。
– Good night, Francoise. – Good night.
-晚安,弗朗索瓦丝。 -晚安。
– Good night.- Good night.
-晚安。-晚安。
What is it?
这是怎么了?
You know, I asked Johnny about the job.
我问了约翰尼关于工作的事。
– Yes? – I got it.
-是吗? -我得到这份工作了。
Congratulations.
祝贺你。
However…
无论如何…
it would mean…
这将意味着…
it would mean moving to the other side of America.
那就意味着,我要搬到美国的另一边去。
Thank you.
谢谢你。
Why don’t we get married.
我们为什么不结婚呢?
Excuse me?
对不起?
That way you could stay in the U.S.
这样你就可以留在美国了。
It sounds extreme, I know, but…
我知道,这听起来很极端,但是…
actually it could just be on paper.
其实也可能只是写在证书上。
You don’t have to come with me.
你不必跟我一起去。
You are totally free to stay here.
你完全可以待在这里。
I’m serious.
我是认真的。
You’re weird.
你可真逗。
Doesn’t it make sense?
难道这不合常理吗?
But, Stan, this is not an equation.
但是,斯坦,这不是解方程。
Maybe it doesn’t sound so romantic.
也许这听起来不那么浪漫。
Not so romantic?
不够浪漫?
You’re funny.
你可真逗。
Look at it as an adventure.
就把它看作一次冒险。
If you are looking for an adventure,
如果你想冒险,
go and climb a mountain.
那就去爬山吧。
Wouldn’t it be better to stay in a safe country?
待在安全的国家,不是更好吗?
No, I can’t.
不,我不能。
Listen…
听着…
I like your sense of humor,
我喜欢你的幽默感,
and I wouldn’t ask just anybody to marry me.
我也不会随便向任何人求婚。
Oh, thank you.
哦,谢谢。
I’m very happy to hear that.
听到这个消息我很高兴。
Look, you could stay here as a married woman.
听着,你可以以已婚妇女的身份留在这里。
– You don’t have to tell anybody. – No?
-你不必告诉任何人。—不是吗?
And if you fall in love,we can get a divorce.
如果你爱上了别人,我们可以离婚。
Living divorced as a woman?
作为一个离婚的女人生活?
What a nice life on top of all that.
除此之外,这是多么美好的生活啊。
Then we can stay married.
这样我们就可以维持婚姻了。
No problem.
没问题。
So?
所以呢?
No.
不行。
Definitely not.
绝对不行。
How long are you staying there?
你要在那儿呆多久?
I really don’t know.
我真的不知道。
– A few weeks? – Yes.
-呆几周? -是的。
Maybe longer.
也许更长。
Uncle Zygmunt will take care of you.
齐格蒙特叔叔会照顾你的。
You’ll see, you’ll love New York.
你会发现,你会爱上纽约的。
There you go.
你们的票。
One ticket to Penn Station, please.
请给我一张去宾夕法尼亚州立大学站的车票。
– Return? – No.
-来回票? -不。
Two dollars, please.
请付两美元。
Thanks.
谢谢。
– Thank you. – Did you bring your ring,
-谢谢。-你带戒指了吗?
Mrs. Ulam?
乌莱姆夫人?
– My ring? – Yes.
-我的戒指? -是的。
Of course I did.
我当然戴了。
Oh, it’s a nice one.
哦,这很漂亮。
And you know what?
你知道吗?
Johnny told me how wonderful is the climate there.
约翰尼告诉我,那里的气候有多好。
You should’ve married Johnny.
你应该嫁给约翰尼。
– Really? – Yes.
-真的? -是的。
Hm.
嗯。
Papers.
文件。
Go ahead.
接着走吧。
Anybody interested in playing cards in the evening
有没有人想在晚上打牌
and discussing the state of the universe?
并讨论宇宙的状态?
No way.
想都别想。
I can’t afford to play you.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!