她永远不会哄我高兴
#But the devil take the women For they never can be easy #
但魔鬼能带走女人,因为她们从来都不随意
#Mush-a ring Dumb-a do dumb-a da #
糊涂的傻瓜,大笨蛋
#Worked for my daddy-o Worked for my daddy-o #
为我老爹干活,干活为我老爹
#There’s whiskey in the jar #
就因为那还剩有一瓶威士忌
The shipping line got back to me.
船运公♥司♥给我回电♥话♥了。
Stefania has picked up her tickets in Gdansk.
斯蒂凡妮已经在格但斯克拿到机票了。
– That’s great. – Yes.
-太好了。 -是的。
Yes, it is.
是的,这下放心了。
My parents also just arrived in Halifax.
我父母也刚到加拿大哈利法克斯了。
They came from England.
他们取道英格兰来的。
The Atlantic is much safer now.
大西洋现在安全多了。
You should tell it to Adam.
你应该告诉亚当。
I will.
我会的。
I’m working on a self-replicating algorithm,
我在研究一种自我复♥制♥算法,
trying it on the M.A.N.I.A.C.
并试着在“运用数学原理对数值进行整合并完成积分计算的机器”应用。
Do you have any ideas?
你有什么想法吗?
You mean to simulate chain reactions?
你是说,要模拟“链式反应”吗?
Mm-hm.
正是。
Let me think about it.
让我来琢磨一下。
Can you ride a horse?
你会骑马吗?
I tried a donkey once.
我试过骑一头驴。
I only bet on horses.
我也只是,赌过赛马。
Look at it.
看看它。
I don’t think it perceives himself
我不认为,它觉察到自己
as not living in freedom.
没有生活在自♥由♥中。
You have a broken heart, Johnny.
你伤心了,约翰尼。
Ex-wives and horses make you sentimental.
前妻和马,让你变得多愁善感。
Maybe.
也许吧。
But life is much more complicated
但生活远比
than relations between numbers.
数字之间的关系复杂得多。
Ladies and gentlemen, hello.
女士们,先生们,大家好。
So thank you all for coming out tonight,
感谢大家今晚的到来,
and thank you to our wonderful band,
感谢我们出色的乐队,
the Los Alamos Wranglers.
洛斯.阿♥拉♥莫斯“牧马人乐队”。
Today, the U.S. Navy sank two Japanese aircraft carriers.
今天,美国海军击沉了两艘日本航♥空♥母舰。
The big ones, folks.
伙计们,都是大家伙。
Now let’s give a cheer to our fighting men.
现在让我们为战士们欢呼。
It’s time to dance.
现在是舞会时刻。
Do I have a volunteer?
有人愿意和我跳吗?
Jack.
杰克。
Give your partner a hug like we Americans do.
像我们美国人一样,给你的舞伴一个拥抱吧。
#Seven hundred dollars #
七百美元啊
# For this suit and those shoes #
就为了这套衣服和这双鞋
# Dressed up like a crazy clown #
装扮起来,就像个发疯的小丑
#You spent $700 #
你花了七百美元
# For this suit and those shoes #
就为了这身衣服和这双鞋
# Bow your head and hold these shoes #
低头小心你的鞋子
# And let me down #
别把我绊倒
# Then you shout and you scream And you dance like the devil #
然后你又喊又叫,像魔鬼一样乱舞
# Twisting like there’s rockets In your brain #
像烟花一样,在你脑中乱窜
# You spent $700 #
你花了七百美元
# For this suit And them shoes #
就为了这身衣服和鞋子
# For that girl I need in this crowd #
就为了在人群中,找到我需要的女孩
# Then you shout and you scream And you dance like the devil #
然后你又喊又叫,像魔鬼一样乱舞
#Twisting like there’s rockets In your brains #
像烟花一样,在你脑中乱窜
Nice party.
舞会搞得不错。
鈾?$700 for this suit and the shoes 鈾
这套衣服和鞋子要七百块美元
# When you don’t mind meeting lovebirds #
可你不经意地遇上的,竟是那些小情人们
Hey.
嘿。
– Are you okay? – Yes.
-你没事吧? -是的。
I’d like to dance some more.
我想再跳几支舞。
Mwah.
吻你。
Thanks to the Polish resistance,
多亏了波兰的抵抗,
the Allies are in Warsaw.
盟军进逼到了华沙。
The Germans got stuck in Russia.
德军陷入了苏军的包围中。
I have a friend over there in Europe.
我在欧洲有个朋友。
We grew up together in Paris.
我们一起在巴黎长大。
You know what? Russia’s 10,000 trucks and a damn sight more guns.
你知道吗?俄♥罗♥斯♥有了一万辆卡车和更多该死的枪♥支♥。
I say it’s about time to tie this brigadier.
我说,还不如把我们这个准将给绑起来吧。
(这应该是指“曼哈顿计划”军方负责人格罗夫斯准将)
You know what, Germans,they made one big mistake.
你知道吗,德国人,他们犯了个大错。
They didn’t take the American economy seriously.
他们没有把,美国庞大的经济,当回事儿。
Oh, yeah? What about the resistance?
噢,是吗?那抵抗组织呢?
# $700 for that suit and the shoes #
花了700美元,就为了这身衣服和鞋子
# When this woman is not around #
可这位女士又在哪里
Doesn’t he play so skillfully?
他弹得不是很熟练吗?
Yes, he does.
是的,他弹得不错。
Stanislaw.
斯塔尼斯瓦夫。
Can I offer you something to drink?
要喝点什么吗?
Real mathematicians drink coffee,don’t they?
真正的数学家都喝咖啡,不是吗?
Yes.
是的。
Coffee, thank you.
咖啡,谢谢你。
So, I leave you two alone.
那么,我就不打扰你俩了。
Thank you.
谢谢你。
So…
那么…
I’ve heard that you feel sorry
我听说,你对自己
about your behavior in the group.
在小组里的行为,感到抱歉。
I did my homework,
我照你说的,
like you asked.
做了点儿功课。
I thought extensively about the gas electron exchange.
我广泛地思考了,气体的电子交换。
I still don’t know how to deal with the repulsive forces
我仍然不知道,如何处理
between the particles.
粒子间的排斥力。
I think we need some kind of new mathematical tool to solve this.
我认为我们需要一些新的数学工具,来解决这个问题。
Great. What kind of tool?
太好了。什么样的工具?
You were talking about the sun.
你曾经说过,太阳内部的聚变反应。
But we don’t understand
但我们不知道
how the fusion reaction there exactly takes place
聚变反应究竟是如何发生的,
and how to translate that into maths.
也不知道,如何将其转化为数学模型。
It’s based on quantum tunneling.
它是基于量子隧♥道♥的。
– We know that. – Well, yes.
-我们知道。 -嗯,是的。
But by the standards of classical physics,the sun should not even burn.
但根据经典物理学的标准,太阳甚至不应该燃烧。
It’s not hot enough. But it does.
它还不够热。但它确实是在反应。
You know as well as I that we can’t really explain
你和我一样清楚,我们无法
why things happen the way they do on the quantum level.
在量子水平上,真正解释为什么事情,会以这种方式发生。
We don’t know how fire worked for thousands of years,
我们不知道火几千年来是如何工作的,
but they still used it.
但人们仍然在使用它。
There’s a difference between a campfire and a thermonuclear explosion.
篝火和热核爆♥炸♥是有区别的。
I agree we need the atomic bomb to defeat Hitler.
我同意,我们需要用原♥子♥弹♥来打败希♥特♥勒♥。
But we don’t need the hydrogen bomb.
但我们不需要制♥造♥出氢弹。
We left the realm of civilized discussion a long time ago.
我们很久以前,就离开了文明讨论的领域。
We fight against everybody here.
我们在这里,和所有人作对。
Don’t you see that?
你看不出这点吗?
There’s a new threat around every corner.
每个角落都有新的威胁。
Take a look at the past thousand years, Stanislaw.
看看过去的一千年,斯坦尼斯瓦夫。
There were pogroms in Russia,
俄♥罗♥斯♥曾有大屠♥杀♥,
and now there are death camps in Europe.
现在欧洲也有死亡集中营。
We can only rely on ourselves.
我们只能依靠自己。
I understand, Edward,
我理解你,爱德华,
but that’s not a decision we should make while living behind fences.
但我们不应该在生活在围栏里的时候,做出这样的决定。
I don’t want to be the one to decide on the fate of mankind.
我不想成为,决定人类命运的人。
Aren’t you aware there is a war going on?
难道你不知道,战争正在进行吗?
We are scientists, not Gods.
我们是科学家,不是神。
The hydrogen bomb is the ultimate insurance.
氢弹是最终极的安全保障。
It secures the future of our children.
它保障了我们孩子的未来。
You are not supporting it.
你没有支持它。
I see there is a philosophical objection.
我看到了一个哲学上的异议。
But it’s our duty to keep working on it.
但我们有责任继续努力。
See you at work, Stanislaw.
我们上班再聊,斯坦尼斯劳。
1945年五月
Irene invited me for dinner tonight.
艾琳邀请我今晚共进晚餐。
Do you want to join?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!