This my country, man.
这是我的家园
We here long before you came, long after you gone.
生于斯长于斯 哪儿都不会去
Hi. I’m Maddy Bowen. How about you dance with me?
嗨 我是曼蒂·鲍恩 跟我跳一支舞
No, I don’t dance. Neither do I. Come on.
我不会跳舞 我也不会 来吧
So, Danny Archer.
丹尼 叫我艾奇
Archer.
艾奇
When did you first start moving stones? Was it Angola?
你几时开始走私钻石? 在安哥拉的时候?
Then you did the whole mercenary thing. Was that fun?
你也当过佣兵 好玩吗?
So, what are you? Nihilist? Opportunist?
你是虚无主义者或投机分子?
Maybe I wasn’t breast fed as a child, huh?
也许我从小就没喝母奶
You think I haven’t met people like you before?
你以为我没见过你这种人?
I think you get off on people like me. You think?
我想你喜欢我这种人 想得美
When did you first start working for Van De Kaap?
你几时开始替凡德坎走私?
Christ, you never stop, do you?
天啊 你真是不识好歹
No, I never stop.
对 我不会罢手的
Do you want me to stop?
你要我罢手吗?
Why don’t we go back to your place, see what’s in the minibar, huh?
咱们回你房间 边喝边聊
I’m a print journalist. I drank it.
我是平面记者 酒都喝光了
Is it possible that you don’t care how many people die
你不在乎
because of the deals you do?
走私钻石会害死人?
People here kill each other as a way of life. Always been like that.
这里的人一向都在自相残杀
So you can just watch it and go about your day?
你们都可以冷眼旁观?
Maybe we should all just write about it, then.
也许我们都应该当记者
Look, thanks for the dance, huh?
多谢你陪我跳舞
And a shot too, huh, M’Ed? Sure.
来一杯酒 好
You’re a hard case, huh?
你真的这么冷血吗?
Tell me something, how long you been here in Africa, huh?
告诉我 你来非洲多久了?
Three months. And before that, Afghanistan and Bosnia.
三个月之前在阿富汗和波斯尼亚
You come here with your laptop computer
你带着笔记电脑
and your malaria medicine and your little bottles of hand sanitizer.
一大堆药和一瓶瓶杀菌洗手霜跑来
Think you’re gonna change the outcome, huh?
自以为能改变什么?
Let me tell you something. You sell blood diamonds too.
其实你也在买卖血钻石
Really? Yeah.
真的吗? 真的
Tell me, how is that?
说来听听
Who do you think buys the stones that I bring out?
是谁买我走私的钻石?
Dreamy American girls who all want a storybook wedding and a big, shiny rock
想拥有童话般的婚礼 还有一颗大钻戒的美国女孩
like the ones in the advertisements of your politically correct magazines.
就像你的杂志刊登的广告一样
So, please, don’t come here and make judgments on me, all right?
拜托 别跑来这里批判我
I provide a service. The world wants what we have, and they want it cheap.
我提供一种服务 市场需要钻石 而且便宜的钻石
We’re in business together. Get over yourself, darling.
我们都一样 少给我装清高
Okay, just to clarify, not all American girls want a storybook wedding
不是每个美国女孩都要童话婚礼
just like not all Africans kill each other as a way of life.
也不是每个非洲人都自相残杀
And yeah, it’s a shit, shit world, but you know what?
没错 到处都有人干坏事
Good things are done every day, just, apparently, not by you.
不过也有人在做好事 只是你不屑做
This place is about to explode.
这地方就快爆发战争
I wanna spend my time with someone else.
我不想陪你送死
You are listening to BBC World Service.
这是英国广播电台国际台
In Sierra Leone, Revolutionary United Front forces have been sighted
在塞拉利昂革命联合阵线部队
within 10 kilometers of the capital city of Freetown.
距离首都自由城只有十公里
The minister of the interior has expressed confidence
内政部长很有自信地表示
that the government troops can repel the attack.
政府军队可以击退叛军
All foreign nationals are being advised to leave the country.
外国人最好尽速离开该国
There are also unconfirmed reports
根据小道消息
that atrocities are being committed by both sides in the rapidly worsening situation.
由于战况激烈 双方都犯下骇人暴行
The United Nations has described the refugee situation as critical.
联合国形容难民的状况危急 赶快逃出这里
Don’t tell me you’re gonna try and sell it yourself.
别告诉我你想自己卖
To who? And for what price, my friend?
卖给谁? 卖多少钱?
You need my help, whether you like it or not.
不管怎样你都需要帮忙
What are you talking about? Here, let me help you with that.
你在说什么? 来 让我帮你
You hear that? You hear that? They came into the city overnight.
你听到吗? 叛军入夜攻来
It’s started. What are you gonna do now, huh?
就快开打了 你打算怎么办?
Listen, the right stone can buy anything. Information, safety, even freedom.
拥有罕见钻石什么都买得到 情报 安全 甚至自由
But a big stone does not stay secret for very long.
但是消息也很快就会传出去
The moment you tell anyone about it, your life is absolutely worthless.
你一说出去就死定了
The only reason you’re alive is you haven’t told anyone where it is.
你老命还在的唯一原因是你没有说出它的地点
Am I right? Am I?
对不对?
Who do you think got you out of jail, huh?
我把你保出来
That makes us partners. I am not your partner!
我们就是搭档 我才不是你的搭档!
What if I helped you find your family?
如果我帮助你寻找家人?
What do you know of my family?
你怎么能找到他们?
The relief agencies are useless, the hospitals are overwhelmed.
救难组织没用 医院人满为患
There are other ways, bru. Liar.
我有别的管道 骗人
Look at me. I know people, huh? White people.
看着我 我认识一些白人
Without me, you’re just another black man in Africa, all right?
没有我 你只是一个普通黑人
Oh, shit.
哦 糟糕
We got no time. What’s it gonna be?
没时间了 快决定
You would say anything. How can I trust you?
你说得容易 我怎么能相信你?
I don’t give a fuck about you, all right? That diamond could be priceless!
我只想要钻石 我才不甩你怎样
We split it, and you get your family. What’s it gonna be, yes or no? Yes or no?
你找到家人后咱们平分 如何? 你答不答应?
Where will we go? Where do we go? Come on, follow me!
我们要去哪里? 快 跟我走
Stay low!
蹲低一点
Get your ass over here!
走吧
Wait!
等一下
Now!
走吧
Come on, come on.
快点 快点
Come on!
快点
Come on.
快点
Fuck!
可恶!
No, this way.
不 这里
Fire!
开枪!
Fuck! Go, go, go!
可恶 快跑
Go!
快走
Shit!
可恶
No! No!
不! 不!
This way.
这里
This way. Stay low.
这里 蹲低
Come on. Go, go, go. Come on.
快点 快走
Come on!
走吧
It’s okay. It’s okay, it’s okay.
别怕 别怕
Fire!
开枪!
Is there another way? That bridge is the only way across, huh?
有别的路吗? 只有那一道桥能过
So, what do we do?
那怎么办?
You are RUF, huh? And I am your prisoner. What do you mean?
你是叛军 我是囚犯 什么意思?
You wanna see your son again, don’t you? You stay behind me.
你想见到儿子就跟在我后面
Wait, wait. Wait.
等等 等等
Bring that pink chicken skin over here, huh?
你抓到一个臭白人
Now let me shoot that pink ass, boy.
让我毙了他
Where are we going?
我们要去哪里?
Lungi’s under government control.
隆吉仍受到政府管制
I’m gonna try to locate a sat phone to get in contact with my pilot, all right?
我要用卫星电话和飞行员联络
I have agreed to nothing.
我没有答应你任何事
You’re in a bit of a conundrum there, my friend.
你现在是进退两难
You know what that means? It means you have no choice.
你懂这意思吗? 你没有别的选择
So you’re a fisherman, huh?
你是个渔夫?
What do you catch mostly? Fish.
你都捕些什么? 鱼呀
Come on.
来吧
Hello. Back away from the fence.
你好 退后
Listen, I’m from the Cape Herald, all right?
我是《开普先锋报》记者
My wallet, my credentials, everything got left in Freetown.
我的钱包和证件都在自由城
We barely got out with our lives. Can we just get through?
能活着算是好运 能进去吗?
Back away from the fence.
不要靠近围栏
But you are not a journalist.
你又不是记者
I’m trying to get us to Kono.
你要带你去科诺市
Do you understand that, huh? Getting B roll. Wait.
你懂不懂啊? 拿点东西 等等
Listen, I’m coming back. I’m coming back just now.
等一下 我待会儿就进去
How’s it, my bru? Have you got an extra smoke?
老兄 有烟吗?
Here. Oh, cheers.
拿去 谢谢
I’m looking for someone, an American by the name of Maddy Bowen.
我在找美国女记者曼蒂·鲍恩
If you saw her, you would not forget it. Yeah, I know her.
要是看过她一定不会忘 我认识她
Is it? Yeah.
真的吗? 真的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!