在监狱里度过余生,我也要这么做。
In jail for the rest of your lives, and I’m going to do it, too.
你打我一拳。
You hit me.
现在你就坐在那好好想想,孩子。
Now you just sit there and think about it, sonny.
看看曼努埃尔。他在攒鱼,以便睡觉。迎头赶上,在那里!
Look at Manuel. He’s saving fish to sleep on. Catch up, there!
我做的工作比你和你最好的女孩的六个兄弟做的多。
Hey, I do more work as you do with your best girl’s six brothers.
是谁在黑暗中把那只桶放在那里的?Dag-diggit !
Who in the tarnation laid that bucket there? Dag-diggit!
记住我说的话,孩子。
Now, mind what I told you, son.
你太年轻了,不该对一群男人说…
You’re too young to be telling a crew of men…
你会做什么,不会做什么。
what you’ll do and what you won’t do.
但是你也可以开始学习一些东西。
But you might as well start in learning a few things.
看到那个gurry了吗?
You see that gurry?
嗯,当你把鱼头扔到一边的时候……
Well, when you’ve hove them fish heads overside…
你可以到下面来吃点晚饭。
you can come below and get some supper.
除非你这么做,否则你什么也得不到。
Until you do, you get nothing.
我也不吃了。
I’m not going to eat, either.
关于那件事你想怎么做就怎么做。
You do as you mind to about that.
再来点咖啡吧,博士?
Let it rain some more coffee, huh, Doc?
雾的提升。一小时后就会清楚了。
Fog’s lifting. It’ll be clear in an hour.
我的小鱼好吗?微笑和快乐吗?
How is my little fish? Smiling and happy?
没有,他还在生闷气。他是我见过的最丑的孩子。
No, he’s still sulking. He’s the orneriest kid I ever seen.
也许他爸爸太有钱了,不想再要那个小男孩了。
Maybe his papa’s got so much money he don’t want that little boy no more.
-也许他把他扔到海里去了-他真会给孩子讲故事。
– Maybe he throw him overboard. – He sure spins a yarn for a kid.
-是啊,他爸爸拥有那艘船。-是啊,真会说话。
– Aye, his papa own that boat. – Yeah, interesting talker, all right.
唉,他是个骗子,连写书的本事都没有。
Why, he’s a good enough liar to write books.
一根绳子的末端,这是我给他的。
A rope’s end, that’s what I’d give him.
我告诉你,是他摔倒的原因。这完全分散了他的注意力。
I’m telling you, it’s the fall he took that did it. It plumb distracted him.
我从佛蒙特州回来的表弟埃本就是这样。
My cousin Eben back from Vermont was like that.
他从谷仓上摔下来,玩了30年布娃娃。
He fell off of a barn, and he played with rag dolls for 30 years.
如果你想听我的话,等雾散去我们就把他送到圣约翰医院去。
If you want what I think, as soon as this fog lifts we’ll take him into Saint John’s.
-我说真的。-失去了两周的美好捕鱼,对吧?
– I mean it. – And lose two weeks good fishing, huh?
总比拿三个月的坏运气冒险好。
Better than taking a chance on three months bad luck.
现在我们有充足的阳光给笑脸先生。
Now we have plenty sunshine for Mr. Happy Face.
他是一艘渔船上的乘客,你知道这是不吉利的。
He’s a passenger on a fishing schooner, and you know that’s bad luck.
去年奥里诺科河发生了什么
What happened to the Orinoco last year…
他们是什么时候在纽芬兰接乘客的?
when they took on the passenger at Newfoundland?
在回家的路上,两个人被杀了,他们几乎吃不到鱼。
On the way home, two men get killed and they don’t get hardly a quintal of fish.
天啊,这是真的。-我哥哥在贝德福德
– By golly, that true. – My brother was on the Bedford…
多萝西克莱门斯号♥上有一位乘客
There was a passenger on the Dorothy Clemens…
当她被班轮撞到时。
when she got rammed by the liner.
好,那没什么。
Well, that’s nothing.
格洛斯特有很多船被毁……
There’s lots of vessels lost out of Gloucester…
船上从来没有乘客。
never had no passenger on board.
我是我父亲船上的乘客…
I was a passenger on my father’s boat…
我也没给他带来什么坏运气。
and I never brought him no bad luck.
——丹尼尔,…-你自己的儿子又不是乘客
– Daniel, here… – Your own son ain’t being a passenger.
船长,去年我们在这个银行里搜罗的时候…
Skipper, when we trawled this bank last year…
船上除了小平底船外,什么也没有。
there was nothing but dories loaded to the gunwales.
这孩子今天早上上了船,看了看今天的渔获。
This kid comes aboard this morning and look at today’s catch.
现在,看这里。等一下。
Now, look here. Wait a minute.
-船上没有乘客。——为什么不呢?
– There ain’t no passenger on board. – Why not?
是我让他加入的
Well, I made him a member of the crew.
当然,如果我付他工资,他就不是乘客,不是吗?
Well, it stands to reason if I’m paying him wages, he ain’t no passenger, don’t it?
不,先生,你不能就这样收买♥♥乔娜。
No, sir. You can’t just buy Jonahs off that way.
我认为,只要他不干活,他还是个乘客。
I hold, he’s still a passenger as long as he ain’t done no work.
是的,杰克说得对。
Yeah, and Jack’s right.
好吧,他一饿了就去工作。
Well, he’ll work as soon as he gets hungry.
从现在到他行动之前会发生什么呢?
What’s going to happen between now and the time he does?
现在看这里。我决定这个。
Now look here. I decided this.
曼纽尔负责让他上船。所以你得让他去工作。
Manuel’s responsible for him being on board. So you got to put him to work.
——我吗?-你必须这样,曼纽尔。
– Me? – You got to, Manuel.
是的,先生,曼纽尔,这样才公平公正。
Yes, sir. Manuel, that’s only fair and just.
-我把他的脸放到了担架上-你必须这么做。
– I stick his face in that gurry. – You got to do it.
请,曼努埃尔。我们不希望船上发生约拿事件。
Please do, Manuel. We don’t want no Jonahs happenings aboard.
-你现在就做?-我去站岗。
– You gonna do it now? – I go stand my watch.
-我说真的,曼纽尔。——好的。
– I mean it, Manuel. – All right.
我要为我的错误付双倍的钱,是吗?
I think I pay doubles for my mistake, huh?
我,什么都喜欢孩子像一盆老鼠药。还有那个孩子,两个浴缸。
Me, what likes kids like tub of rat poison. And that kid, two tubs.
他只对我说了一个字,我就把他扔回鱼那里去了。
He just say one word to me, I throw him right back to the fish.
啊,晚餐她今晚很棒,奥利。
Ah, the supper she is great tonight, Olley.
博士吃的鱼饼特别好吃。
Doc has fish cakes like the stars.
我当然可以藏一箱。
I sure could stow away about a dory-load.
我从来没吃过这样的鱼饼。还有这葡萄干面包……
I never taste such fish cake. And this raisin bread…
就像蛋糕。
Just like cake.
说,看,你能给我弄点吃的吗?
Say, look, you could get me some food, couldn’t you?
-但我病了,我饿了。-离我远点。
– But I’m sick and I’m hungry. – Go away from me.
-你想赚钱吗?走开,我扭断你的脖子。
– Do you want to make some money? – Go away from me, I break your neck.
你为什么想当绑匪?
Why do you want to be a kidnapper?
听着,帮我个忙吧?关上你的脸。
Look, do me a favor, huh? Shut your face.
-你和其他人一样坏。-你疯了。这里没有坏人。
– You’re just as bad as the rest of them. – You crazy. Nobody bad round here.
你只是运气不好。
You just bad luck.
听。听着,你。
Listen. Listen, you.
你稍微清理一下gurry,我就给你五分钱?
You clean up gurry little bit, I give you a nickel, huh?
我想给你1万美元,也许吧。
See, look, I’m trying to give you $10,000, maybe.
你从那艘船上出来,带我回纽约。
You get out one of those boats and take me back to New York.
你和我在多莉里,是吗?
You and me in that dory, huh?
是的。我们离纽约有多远?
Yes. How far are we from New York?
你想要一个Nova lorque,对吧?
You want row a Nova lorque, now, huh?
我知道怎么做。我在学校里受过教育。
Well, I know how. I’ve been taught in school.
现在,看看。你收拾一下,好吗?任何东西。工作就这么少。
Now, look. You clean up little bit, huh? Anything. Just so little work.
你想要漂亮的船看起来漂亮,是吧?
You want nice boat look nice, huh?
这是一条肮脏、腐烂的小船,我甚至都不会朝它吐唾沫。
It’s a dirty rotten little boat I wouldn’t even spit at.
说,你……嘿,这是格洛斯特最好的纵帆船。
Say, you… Say, this is finest schooner out from Gloucester.
约拿,最后一次。你到底要不要工作?
Jonah, for the last time. You gonna work or no?
我不会再和你有任何瓜葛了。
I’m not gonna have anything more to do with you.
这在这里很好。
That is good here.
嘿,约拿。嘿,小子。
Hey, Jonah. Hey, kid.
你躲在哪里?
Where you hiding?
嘿!你在做什么呢?
Hey! What you doing?
-我要去纽约。——你什么?
– I’m going to New York. – You what?
-我要离开这里。为什么,你……
– I’m going to get away from here. – Why, you…
-你离我远点。——嘿,你。
– You keep away from me. – Hey, you.
-放下桨。-我不会。
– Put down that oar. – I won’t.
放下……嘿,把…你这个坏运气,好了!你……
Put down… Hey, put… You bad luck, all right! You…
我能做得和你一样长。
I can do this long as you can.
哦,你也爱哭,是吧?
Oh, you crybaby, too, huh?
我不是。
I am not.
没有?好。现在看来……
No? Good. Now look…
-你还想要一个新星lorque?——是的。
– you still want row a Nova lorque? – Yes.
-你还饿吗?——是的。
– You still hungry? – Yes.
然后来到这里。
Then come here.
现在。现在你可以下去吃东西了。
Now. Now you can go below and eat.
那人说我能吃。
That man said I could eat.
-曼纽尔?-没关系,他有工作。
– Manuel? – It’s okay, he do some work.
-我没有。-你清理甲板上的东西,不是吗?
– I did not. – You clean something off deck, no?
-是你逼我做的-那是工作。
– You made me do something. – That was work.
这很好。坐这里。
That’s fine. Sit right here.
-是的,先生-你怎么让他这么做的?
– Yes, sir. – How did you get him to do it?
他为我做任何事。
He do anything for me.
甚至可能把我的腿也摔断了。
Even break my leg, maybe, too.
耶,ho,小鱼不哭,不哭
Yeah, ho, little fish Don’t cry, don’t cry
耶,ho,小鱼不哭,不哭
Yeah, ho, little fish Don’t cry, don’t cry
有一次,医生烤了一些饼干,把它们扔掉了
Once Doc baked some biscuit And throw them away
<我>第二天没有更多的鱼来船上玩
Next day no more fish Come around boat to play
耶,ho,小鱼不哭,不哭
Yeah, ho, little fish Don’t cry, don’t cry
耶,ho,小鱼不哭,不哭
Yeah, ho, little fish Don’t cry, don’t cry
<我>说卷心菜,鱼蛋糕谁躺在一个盘子
Said cabbage to fish cake Who lay on one dish
我美丽的卷心菜你只有可怜的鱼
I beautiful cabbage You only poor fish
耶,ho,小鱼不哭,不哭
Yeah, ho, little fish Don’t cry, don’t cry
耶,ho,小鱼不哭,不哭
Yeah, ho, little fish Don’t cry, don’t cry
– – – – – -那是谁?——我。
– Who’s that? – Me.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!