我很想跑进那堆记者里
l feel like running right up in the middle of all those reporters
告诉他们这都是放屁的
and telling them l think this is bullshit, son.
也许你当初就该去上课,莱尔
Maybe you should’ve gone to class, Lyle.
也许你该舔我屁♥眼♥,小子,我成绩没问题,老兄
Maybe you should kiss my ass, dog. My grades are fine, homeboy.
– 朱尼尔才应被禁球 – 也许朱尼尔应该痛扁你
– lt’s Junior they should’ve locked out. – Maybe Junior will kick your ass out.
– 那你能一个字一个字拚出来吗? – 别闹,别闹,真♥他♥妈♥的
– Why don’t you try spelling it, then. – Chill, chill, chill, man. Damn.
– 朱尼尔,如果你需要,我来给你补课 – 别来,我不需要
– Junior, if you need help, l’ll tutor you. – Man, l don’t need no help.
他也不是无中生有
Well, he ain’t lock us out for no reason.
我们最近闹的太厉害了
We been tripping lately, man. All y’all know it.
你认为整个社区会对此事怎么反应呢?
How do you think the community’s gonna react to this lockout?
我还不清楚,我希望他们能支持这些年轻人
l’m not really sure. l hope they’ll support these young men.
什么事儿?
What, man?
没事儿,挺有意思的,老兄,是朱尼尔
No, man, it’s just funny, dog, because, Junior, man,
他自然科学不及格,光我们知道就够惨了
you thought it was bad all us knew your dumb ass was failing science.
现在全世界都要知道了
Now the whole world about to know your dumb ass failing science.
– 你 – 嗨
– Man. – Hey, man.
[甫黎莽特队篮球队]
你这个星期六要迎对甫黎莽特队,是你们目前最重要的比赛
And you have Fremont this Saturday, the biggest game on your schedule.
如果你弃权,里士满社区一定会造♥反♥的
Now, Richmond is gonna riot if you forfeit that game.
离星期六还有一段时间
Saturday is a long way off.
到时再说,谢谢大家光临
We’ll see what happens. Thank you all for coming.
我很忙,我还有活儿要干
That’s all the time l have right now. l have to get back to work.
教练,你和他们的家长谈过吗?
Coach, have you talked to any of the parents?
女士们,先生们,谢谢大家光临
Thank you for your time, ladies and gentlemen.
我要再次提醒大家,考虑到学生还在上课
l’d like to remind you that classes are in session,
请大家离开校园时保持安静
so as you leave campus, please do so quietly.
我一定要小心点
l ain’t turning the cheek.
如果他到我地盘来,我说真的,我和他拚
He come up in my ‘hood, l’m serious, it’s on.
– 年轻的先生们 – 一直都这样儿
– Young sirs. – lt’s always been like that.
今天不容易
lt’s been a long day.
记者,传媒到处都是
Reporters. Media everywhere.
现在关上门,你们想说的就说吧
Let’s take this time to say whatever it is we want while the doors are closed.
到你们说的时候了,就谈我们自己的事儿
You have the floor. This is about us.
扯蛋,这不是我们的事儿,都是你卡特教练的事儿
Man, this shit ain’t about us. This is all about Coach Carter.
我们不是一个篮球队吗?
We’re the basketball team.
那怎么就你一个人上电视,出风头
All l see is you on TV, getting famous, eating that shit up.
– 你就看见这个了吗? – 就看见这个了
– ls that all you see? – lt’s all l see.
他没说错
You ain’t lying.
那好,让我告诉你我都看见什么了
Well, let me tell you what l see.
我看见的是一个不给你们出路的教育系统
l see a system that’s designed for you to fail.
我知道你们相信数字,我就给你们些数字
Now, l know you all like stats, so let me give you some.
里士满高中毕业率是百分之五十
Richmond High only graduates 50 percent of its students.
毕业生其中只有百分之六能上大学
And of those that do graduate, only 6 percent go to college.
也就是说,每次我走进体育馆看到你们时
Which tells me, when l walk down the halls and l look in your classrooms,
其中只有一个人能上大学
maybe only one student is going to go to college.
[第三语气]
操♥他♥妈♥的,卡特教练,如果我不能上大学,那我怎么办?
“Well, damn, Coach Carter, if l ain’t going to college, where l’m gonna go?”
这个问题问得好
Now, that’s a great question.
对于在美国的黑人来说,答案就
And the answer for young African-American men in here is this:
很可能是坐牢
probably to prison.
我们这个社区,十八到二十四岁男性黑人
ln this county, 33 percent of black males
百分之三十三的都会坐牢
between 1 8 and 24 get arrested.
现在看看你左边的那个人
So look at the guy on your left.
再看看你右边的那个人
Now look at the guy on your right.
你们其中有一个就会坐牢
One of you is going to get arrested.
在里士满长大的
Growing up here in Richmond,
你坐牢的几率要比你上大学高出百分之八十
you’re 80 percent more likely to go to prison than college.
这就你们要面对的
Those are the numbers.
这就事实
Those are some stats for your ass.
你们回家后…
Now, l want you to go home…
…仔细想一想你的将来…
…and look at your lives tonight…
…看看你们父母的现状…
…and look at your parents’ lives…
…扪心自问“我想要个什么样的将来”?
…and ask yourself, “Do l want better?”
如果答案是对
lf the answer is yes,
明天我们这里见
l’ll see you here tomorrow.
我向你保证…
And l promise you…
…我会尽我全力
…l will do everything in my power
让你们上大学
to get you to college
让你们有个美好的未来
and to a better life.
我不懂了,这不是个字母吗?怎么是个数呢?
l don’t understand this. lt’s a letter, how can it be a number?
方程式佩平的怎么样了
How are balancing those equations coming?
– 真受不了了 – 别走,来来
– l can’t do this. – Hold on. Come on, son.
别放弃呀
Don’t give up yet, son.
加利福尼亚州的一个故事轰动全国
Here’s a story out of California that’s getting national attention.
里士满高中篮球队的全体成员
The entire boys’ basketball team at Richmond High School
都被禁赛
has been benched.
排名很高的油井队此赛季战无不胜
The highly ranked Oilers have a perfect season on the court,
但有些队员课堂上有困难
but some players were in big trouble academically.
卡特教练史无前例的取消了训练
And in an unprecedented move, Coach Ken Carter canceled practice,
锁上了体育馆,把队员们送到了图书馆
locked the gym and sent his players straight to the library.
在这个赛季开始时
Now, at the start of the season,
我知道你让所有的队员签了一份合同之后
l understand you made all of your players sign a contract
才让他们入队
before they could join the team.
合同里都有什么条款呢?
What exactly were the conditions of that contract?
合同指明队员必须
The contract states that the players must maintain
每门功课平均达到二点三分
a 2.3 grade point average
所有队员要上所有的课
and that the players must attend all their classes
还要坐在前排上课
and sit in the front row of those classes.
卡特教练,根据您的队的赢取的纪录来看
Well, Coach Carter, it’s an unusual strategy, and a risky one
这是一个很特殊的训练方法,也很冒险的方法
in a sense, in light of your team’s winning record,
但是一定有好多人会高兴的获知
but l think there’s gonna be a lot of people out there pleased to learn
还有些人注重学♥生♥运♥动♥员肢体和是思维的全面发展
that at least somebody still cares about the concept of a student athlete.
很荣幸您今天能来
Thanks a lot for joining us today.
打扰一下
l’m sorry to disturb you.
我叫肯·卡特,里士满高中的篮球教练
l’m Coach Ken Carter of the Richmond High School basketball team.
原来你就是啊!
Oh, yeah.
我想让你们帮我个忙儿
l need to ask you a favor.
我的队员在图书馆,我想跟他们说
My team is studying in the library, and l’ve been trying to tell them
智慧和美丽是最完美的结合
that brains and beauty are a perfect combination.
你们明白我说什么吗?
Know what l’m saying?
我叫沃姆,宝贝儿
l mean, l’m Worm, baby.
你要帮我看看我的作业么?
How would you like to watch the Worm work?
你的书包那里买♥♥的?
Hey, where did you get that backpack?
小心点,小个儿
Watch out, Too Short.
为什么要学自然科学、历史和代数?
Why study earth science or history or algebra?
这些功课考出好成绩,加上篮球技能
Getting good grades in those subjects, combined with basketball skills,
就足够让你们上大学
can get you into college.
老姐,你应当买♥♥呀,我就又有的穿了
Girl, you should’ve bought it. l would’ve worn it.
你个自私的龟儿子,你个滑头
You selfish son of a bitch. You snake.
– 女士 – 别管我叫女士,你个滑头
– Miss… – No, no, don’t “miss” me, snake.
[朱尼尔的妈妈]
卡特先生,你还记得我么?
Mr. Carter, you remember me?
我儿子为了这个篮球队付出这么多
Now, after all the things that my son has been through for your team,
你现在却封馆,你疯啦!
for you to go lock up this gym like this, how dare you…
把他妈的门打开!
Open up the damn gym!
让他们打球!
Let the boys play!
怎么样啊,表弟?
What’s up, little cousin?
你还好吗?
How you doing?
有东西给我么?
Got something for me?
这就对了
That’s what l’m talking about.
嗨,嗨,把车窗拉下来
Hey, hey. Put it down, man.
– 你是卡特教练吧,对吧? – 是的,先生
– You Coach Carter, right? – Yes, sir.
– 让你见识一下 – 嗨,你别这样
– Yeah? Check this out, man. – Hey, hold on, man.
– 怎么样 – 噢,妈的
– Yeah. How you like that? – Oh, hell no.
– 你想怎么样? – 你给我下车
– What? What? – You wanna get out the car?
– 下来谈一谈 – 没什么可谈的
– Let’s talk about this. – Ain’t nothing to talk about.
把体育馆开了,让他们打球
Just open up the gym, man. Let them boys play.
我要是下车,你麻烦就大了
Trust me, you don’t want me out this car.
你看,你看
Yeah, see? Yeah.
– 滚! – 别跑啊
– Get on! – Don’t be no punk.
想说啥你就说
Say what you gotta say.
– 给我滚回来 – 老爸,用不着,用不着,算了吧

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!