不过,肯尼,你是知道的
but, Kenny, you know the deal here.
你只要记住,这些都是好孩子
Just keep in mind, these are good boys.
各位!各位!
Guys! Guys!
各位!
Guys!
现在,你们都知道,我一直…嘿!
Now, as you know, l’ve been… Hey!
你们知道我一直在物色一个新教练
You know l’ve been looking for a new coach
在这个赛季接替我
to take over for me this season.
这是肯·卡特,他曾经在里士满上学
This is Ken Carter. He went to Richmond.
他是两届全美明星
He was a two-sport all-American.
现在还保持着得分、助攻、抢断的纪录
Still holds records for scoring, assists, steals.
在乔治·梅森大学拿过篮球奖学金
Basketball scholarship to George Mason University.
我们能请到卡特教练是很幸运的
We’re lucky to have Coach Carter.
现在咱们给他应得的尊敬吧
Now, let’s give him the respect he’s due.
– 他们都是你的了,教练 – 谢谢,先生
– They’re all yours, coach. – Thank you, sir.
下午好,年轻人
Good afternoon, young men.
怀特教练已经说过,我是你们的新任篮球教练肯·卡特
As Coach White said, l’m your new basketball coach, Ken Carter.
看来我得再大点声才能让你们听见
l guess l need to speak louder so you can hear me.
我是肯·卡特,你们的新任篮球教练
l’m Ken Carter, your new basketball coach.
我们听见了,小子,不过我们看不见你
We hear you, dog. But we can’t see you.
你那个又大又黑的秃头
The glare from your big, black-ass head
太晃眼了,哥们,妈的,你是不是拿布把它擦亮了?
is hella shiny, man. Damn, do you buff it?
哦,你除了会那么难看的跳投,还会说笑话,唔?
Oh, you got jokes to go along with that ugly jump shot of yours, huh?
第一,如果你们想知道我的资历
First of all, if you need to know my credentials,
是不是像怀特教练说的那样,你们背后的墙上就是证明
as Coach White said, they’re on the wall there behind you.
第二,如果篮球练习是三点开始,那么在两点五十五以后来的都是迟到了
Secondly, if basketball practice starts at 3, you are late as of 2:55.
你,投篮的那个,你叫什么名字,先生?
You, shooting the ball. What’s your name, sir?
杰森·莱尔,不过我不是什么先生
Jason Lyle, but l ain’t no sir.
你不是先生
You’re not a sir.
哦,那你是女士啰?
Well, are you a madam?
– 小婊♥子♥,婊♥子♥ – 从现在起,你就是先生
– Little bitch. Bitch. – As of now, you are a sir.
你们其他人也是
So are the rest of you.
“先生”是表示尊敬
“Sir” is a term of respect.
只要你们不滥用我的尊敬,我就会对你们尊敬
And you will have my respect until you abuse it.
莱尔先生,你们上个赛季赢了几场比赛?
Mr. Lyle, how many games did you guys win last season?
大概是四胜二十二负
Like four wins, 22 losses.
– 先生 – 先生
– Sir. – Sir.
我要给你们一份合同
l’m going to give you contracts.
如果你们签字,并且履行这上面规定的义务
lf you sign and honor your side of them,
我们就会成功
we are going to be successful.
妈的,我签这合同能拿到签字奖励吗?
Damn, do l get a signing bonus for signing this contract?
会的,先生,你会成为赢家
Yes, sir. You get to become a winner.
因为如果说我知道什么事的话,那件事就是…
Because if there’s one thing l know, it is this:
失败到此为止了
The losing stops now.
从现在起,你们会像赢家一样打球,像赢家一样生活
Starting today, you will play like winners, act like winners,
最重要的是,你们将会是赢家
and most importantly, you will be winners.
如果你们肯听肯学,就会打赢篮球比赛
lf you listen and learn, you’ll win basketball games.
先生们,在这里赢…
And, gentlemen, winning in here…
…正是在外面赢的关键
…is the key to winning out there.
这份合同规定你们的总平均成绩要保持在二点三分以上
This contract states that you will maintain a 2.3 grade point average.
你们要去上你们的所有课程
You will attend all your classes
而且要坐在前排
and you will sit in the front row of those classes.
– 嚯,这是个乡下蠢黑鬼,小子 – 打扰一下
– Yo, this a country-ass nigga, dog. – Excuse me.
– 你刚才说了什么吗,先生? – 沃姆想知道
– Did you say something, sir? – Worm was wondering,
看你打的领带还有这副派头,你是不是什么乡下教会里的黑鬼?
are you some country church nigga, with your tie on and all that?
– 对 – 这就是你想说的,对吗?
– Right. – That’s what you wanna say, right?
你叫什么名字,先生?
And what is your name, sir?
我叫提摩·克鲁兹,先生
l’m Timo Cruz, sir.
好,克鲁兹先生,还有沃姆先生
Well, Mr. Cruz and Mr. Worm,
你们两个都要知道,我们是有自尊的
what you should both know is we treat ourselves with respect.
我们不会使用“黑鬼”这个词
We don’t use the word “nigga.”
你是传教士还是什么狗屁?
Are you some preacher man or some shit?
因为上帝在这一带可不会给你们什么好果子吃
Because God ain’t gonna do you no good in this neighborhood.
– 我就住在这一带,先生 – 先生
– l live in this neighborhood, sir. – Sir.
你们能相信这个傲慢的黑炭头吗,先生?
Can you believe this uppity Negro, sir?
好吧,克鲁兹先生…
Okay, Mr. Cruz…
– …马上离开体育馆 – 为什么?
– …leave the gym right now. – For what?
我最后说一次,请你离开体育馆
l’ll ask you one last time to leave the gym
– 不然我就帮你离开 – 不然你就什么?
– before l help you leave. – Before you what?
你知道我是谁吗?
Do you even know who l am?
从我看到的来说,你是一个非常慌张和害怕的年轻人
From what l can see, a very confused and scared young man.
害怕谁?怕你吗?我应该怕你吗?
Scared of who? Scared of you? l’m supposed to be scared of you?
黑鬼,我谁都不怕,我要把你打个半死
Nigga, l ain’t scared of nobody. l will lay your ass out.
我可不这么想
l don’t think so.
好吧
All right.
你干什么?放开我!
What you doing? Get off me!
老师不应该对学生动粗的
Teachers ain’t supposed to touch students.
我不是老师
l’m not a teacher.
我是你的新任篮球教练
l’m your new basketball coach.
这事没完!
This ain’t over!
还有谁不同意这份合同的?
ls there anybody else who’s not feeling this contract?
哥们,你去哪儿?
Come on, man, where you going?
我不签什么高中合同
l don’t do high school contracts.
等你需要真正的球员时,跟我们说
Tell us when you need the real ballers.
我会的,先生
l will do that, sir.
我们上赛季最好的两个得分手走了
There goes our two leading scorers from last season, man.
那么我猜这个赛季我们会有新的得分手了?
Then l guess we’ll have new leading scorers this season, huh?
现在我还不能教你们怎么打比赛
Now, l cannot teach you the game of basketball
等你们的身体素质达到允许我教的水平才行
until your conditioning is at a level that allows me to do so.
先生们,到底线站好
Gentlemen, report to the baseline.
到底线去!
To the baseline!
我猜你们都知道“自杀”是怎么一回事
l presume you all know what suicides are.
所以…
So…
那天晚上我看了和圣弗朗西斯队的比赛
l saw the St. Francis game the other night.
你们的投篮都没问题
None of you have a problem shooting the ball.
但是你们在球场上的跑动都有问题
You all had a problem getting up and down the court.
如果你们迟到了,就得给我跑步
lf you are late, you will run.
要是你们给我脸色看,那就要做俯卧撑
lf you give me attitude, you will do push-ups.
所以,要么做俯卧撑,要么闭嘴
So you can push-up or shut up.
你们自己挑
That’s up to you.
– 喂,我们要跑多少? – 先生
– Yo, how many we gonna do? – Sir.
喂,先生,我们要跑多少?
Yo, sir, how many we gonna do?
咱们看看你们在一小时零七分钟里能跑多少
Let’s see how many you can do in one hour and seven minutes.
小伙子们,给我好好做
Fellas, don’t make me commit homicide.
我说了,是“自杀”!用你们的手碰线!
l said, suicides! Put your hand on the line!
用你们的手碰线!
Put your hand on the line!
妈的,我撑不下去了,我连路都快走不动了
Damn, l can’t keep this shit up, man. l can barely walk.
– 我明白,我的腿也痛得要死 – 我要喝点佳得乐什么的
– l know, my legs is hella sore, son. – Need some Gatorade or something.
– 你的女友就在那里 – 对
– There go your girl right there, son. – Yeah.
嘿,你和你的妞又怎么样?你要对她们诉苦吗?
Hey, what’s with you and her homeys? You gonna try to holler at them?
我要对两个朋友都诉苦
Man, l’m hollering at both of the friends.
– 两个? – 对,因为我需要
– Both of them? – Yeah, because l need that.
要知道,我的生活需要多样性,我不能只有一个女孩
You know, l need variety in my life. l can’t just have one girl.
明白我的话吗?两个我都要
You know what l’m saying? l need both.

Hey.
– 怎么样,宝贝儿? – 你好吗?
– What’s up, baby? – How you doing?
女士们,女士们,女士们,你们都听说过二对一特别版吧?
Ladies, ladies, ladies. Y’all heard about that two-for-one special, right?
你们两个,我一个,这就是特别的地方
Two of you, one of me. Now, that’s special.
– 求你了,随你怎样,沃姆 – 对,特别版
– Please. Whatever, Worm. – Yeah, special ed.
– 别搂着我 – 我喜欢这狐皮
– Get your arm off me. – l like this fox.
你就像栗鼠,不过你看,宝贝儿,我和你…
You working that chinchilla. But, look, baby, me and you…
你应该告诉他别做出那么亲热的样子,她甚至都不喜欢他
You need to tell him to stop playing it so close. She don’t even like him.
[Worm:虫子;蠕虫]
– 为什么不呢?沃姆是好人 – 沃姆是“虫子”
– Why not? Worm’s the man. – Worm is Worm.
不管怎样,我今天给宝宝买♥♥了件东西
Anyway, l got something for the baby today.
我们还不知道是不是宝宝呢,我是说,现在还早了点
We don’t even know if it’s a baby yet. l mean, it’s kind of early.
你还没去看过医生呢
You ain’t even been to the doctor yet.
喂,我做过怀孕测试了,凯尼恩,做过三次呢
Hello? l passed the pregnancy test, Kenyon. Three times.
– 不过这还蛮可爱的 – 我知道,我品位很高的,对吧?
– These are kind of cute, though. – l know, l got good taste, right?
对,好的
Yeah, all right.
精致的小鞋子
Precious little shoes.
哦,我还给你买♥♥了件小东西

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!