I am Akeem.
很高兴见到你,阿基姆
It’s nice to meet you, Akeem.
我的职责是倒垃圾,你有垃圾要倒吗?
I’ve been placed in charge of garbage. Do you have any that needs disposal?
没有,空的
No, it’s totally empty.
如果垃圾桶满了,一定记得告诉我,我会马上把它倒掉
When it fills up, don’t be afraid to call me. I’ll take it out urgently.
谢谢你
That’s good to know.
一想到垃圾就想到阿基姆
When you think of garbage, think of Akeem.
我得回去做清洁了
Well, I have to get back to my sanitation duties.
我们可以再找时间谈工作上的事情
Maybe we will have a chance again to talk on a professional level.
再见,阿基姆
Goodbye, Akeem.
达里尔!气色真不赖
Darryl! You’re looking sharp.
来杯奶昔怎么样?草莓味肯定是你的最爱
How about a Mick-Shake? I believe strawberry is your favourite.
吸管
Straw.
丽萨在后面,她正等着你呢,去吧
Lisa’s in the back. She’s waiting for you. Come on.
Soul,Glo香波卖♥♥得怎么样? – 不错
How’s everything at Soul Glo? – Fine.
我们家的产品都卖♥♥到脱销了
Our home weave products are really taking off.
这有两张爸爸用不着的橄榄球门票,我想着你肯定喜欢
Dad isn’t using the tickets for the Jets game. I thought you might enjoy them.
你想得真周到,谢谢
That’s very considerate of you. Thank you!
丽萨,看看谁来了,宝贝儿 – 嗨!
Lisa! Look who’s here, honey. – Hi!
你们两个好好聊吧,听到了吗?
You two kids have a good time, you hear?
准备好了吗? – 当然
Ready? – Sure.
我有件事想问你
I want to ask you something.
在昨晚的集♥会♥上,有人捐了一大笔钱
At the rally, someone stuck a large amount of cash in one of the boxes.
你应该知道是谁捐的吧,对吗?
You wouldn’t happen to know who that was, would you?
我… – 我觉得那个人是你!
Well, I… – I thought it was you!
你知道我的,为了孩子愿意做一切
You know me. Anything for the kids.
嗨,伙计 – 你好
Hi, guys. – Hello.
我有四张圣约翰球队比赛的门票,看你的妹妹有没有朋友一起
I got four tickets to the St. John’s game. Maybe your sister can bring someone.
把这个扔了
Take care of this, will you?
劳驾 – 嘿,原来是琨塔·金特
Excuse me. – Hey, it’s Kunta Kinte.
有什么能帮你的吗?
What can I do you for?
你把我的头发弄成这样吗? – 你干嘛想弄成那样?
Can you make my hair look like this? – Why would you want that?
我喜欢你的头发,很自然
I like your hair, it’s natural.
我希望更多的孩子都留着自然发,就像马丁·路德·金那样
I wish more children would wear their hair natural, like Martin Luther King.
马丁·路德·金就是自然卷发,对吧? – 很对
You ain’t never seen Martin Luther King with no messy curls on his head. – Yes.
我见过马丁·路德·金博士一次 – 你撒谎,你从没见过他
I met Dr. Martin Luther King once. – You’re lying, you ain’t never met him.
我一九六二年的时候在田纳西的孟斐斯见过他
I met him in 1962 in Memphis, Tennessee.
我一个人自顾自地走在大街上
I’m walking down the street minding my own business.
转过街角的时候,和一个人撞了个满怀
I walk round the corner, and a man hits me in the chest.
我摔在地上,抬头一看,居然是马丁·路德·金
I fall on the ground. I look up, and it’s Martin Luther King.
我对他说“金博士”,他说“呀,我还以为是别人呢”
I said, “Dr. King.” He said, “Oops, I thought it was someone else.”
他没见过马丁·路德·金 – 他都把我撞翻了
You never met Martin Luther King. – He knocked me over.
不,他没有 – 他就有
No, he didn’t. – Yes, he did.
为什么你这么担心你的样子啊?
Why do you worry about how you look?
我想引起我心仪的女孩子的注意
I’m trying to gain the interest of a certain young lady.
我还没听说过,因为头发好看就爱上一个男人的
I ain’t heard no woman give no man no lovin’ ’cause his hair looks good.
对 – 是个美国女孩吗?
That’s right. – Is this an American girl?
你得去搞定她老爸,大伙都不明白怎么对付美国妞
You got to go through her papa. People don’t know that about American women.
跟你的头发还有你空空的口袋都没关系
Ain’t nothing to do with your hair or your pocket.
你搞定了她老爸就等于搞定了她
You get in good with American woman’s father, you in good with her.
搞定他老爸,你就可以在他家出入自♥由♥了
Get in good with the father, you home free.
出入自♥由♥ – 像小鸟一样
Home free. – Like a bird.
麦克道尔先生 – 什么事?
Mr. McDowell. – What is it?
你昨晚看职业橄榄球赛的转播了吗?
Sir, did you catch the professional football contest on television last night?
没 – 太精彩了
No, I didn’t. – It was most exhilarating.
纽约巨人队大胜绿湾包装工队
The Giants of New York took on the Packers of Green Bay.
巨人队一脚将球踢了个弧线,踢进了中场取得了胜利
The Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong pigskin ball through a big “H”.
赢得太刺♥激♥了
It was a ripping victory.
小子,我就给你说一次
Son, and I’m just going to tell you this one time.
要是还想在这儿干下去就少嗑药
You want to keep working here, stay off the drugs.
是的,先生
Yes, sir.
我不知道在非洲是不是这样,在这儿漂亮妞都是有钱人的
I don’t know how it is in Africa, but here rich guys get all the chicks.
他肯定很努力工作 – Soul,Glo王子努力工作?
He must work very hard. – The Prince of Soul Glo?
才不是呢,他就是靠有个强老爸吃饭
No way. He lives off his father’s invention.
她要什么他就能给她买♥♥什么,你拿什么去和人家争?
He can buy her anything he wants. How are you going to compete with that?
我去
I’ll get it.
丽萨·麦克道尔小姐的包裹 – 我来,我是她妹妹
Delivery for Miss Lisa McDowell. – I’ll take it, I’m her sister.
能在这儿签个字吗?
Would you sign here, please?
是什么? – 给你的
What is it? – Something for you.
我自己来开,好吗?
Do you mind if I open it?
这是真家伙吗? – 不可能
Do you think they’re real? – They couldn’t be.
“是一个仰慕者寄的哦,不是达里尔”
“From an admirer, not Darryl”.
有人在外面招蜂引蝶噢 – 我没有
Somebody’s messing around. – I am not.
我不管有人有多喜欢你
I don’t care how much a man admires you.
你要是不让他们吃到甜头,他们是不会送给你这么贵重的耳环的
He’s not giving you earrings like that unless you’ve given him booty.
不是每个人都像你这么想 – 他们就这么想,只是不愿承认
Not everybody thinks like you. – They do, but they don’t admit it.
你意识到来了美国我就没和人上过床吗?
Do you realise I have not had sex since we got to America?
桑米,看,她过来了
Semmi, look. There she is.
我要去和她说话 – 很好
I’m going to talk to her. – Good.
告诉她你给她买♥♥了五十万美刀的耳环
Tell her you sent her the $500,000 pair of earrings.
她会立刻投到你的怀里,我们就可以离开这个鬼地方了
She will fall into your arms, and we can leave this god-forsaken place.
我不能那么做 – 你总得做点什么
I cannot do that. – Do something.
别担心,我有计划 – 靠搁这儿擦窗户擦到她的心里?
Do not worry, I have a plan. – To mop your way into her heart?
这不公平 – 不公平的是我居然在这儿干体力活
That’s not fair. – Nor is me doing manual labour.
我确实需要剪指甲了 – 看看你说话这调…
I’m badly in need of a manicure. – Listen to you…
“我确实需要剪指甲了”
“I’m badly in need of a manicure.”
你要说什么吗?
Are you going to say something?
嘿,阿基姆,这是我的妹妹珀特里斯 – 你好
Akeem! This is my sister, Patrice. – Hello, how are you?
阿基姆是从非洲来的 – 你来纽约干嘛?
Akeem’s from Africa. – What are you doing in New York?
我是个学生 – 你在哪个学校?
I’m a student. – What school are you going to?
我在大学
I go to the University.
哪所大学?
Which one?
美国大学
The University of the United States.
从来没说听过
I’ve never heard of that.
很小的一个学校,连个篮球队都没有
It’s a very small university. We don’t even have a basketball team.
是吗?明天圣约翰球队比赛,我们有张多余的门票,你愿意来吗?
Really? We’ve got an extra ticket for the St. John’s game. Want to come?
当然
Yes.
你们可以和我和达里尔一起约会
You can double-date with me and Darryl.
拦截他!截球!
In his face! In his face!
是的!截!
Yes! In the face!
你为什么不把外套脱下来呢,阿基姆?
Why don’t you take off your jacket, Akeem?
“截他”对吗?我喜欢这个
“Put it in the face”, right? I like this.
好多了是吗? – 是的,非常感谢
Isn’t that better? – Yes, thank you very much.
以前在非洲很少穿衣服吧
Wearing clothes must be a new experience for you.
你看得懂比赛吗? – 噢,能!
Are you able to follow the game? – Oh, yes!
我完全能看懂
I’m following the game quite well.
你们在非洲都玩什么项目,抓猴子吗?
What kind of games do you play in Africa? Chase the monkey?
不,我们玩足球,你们这儿应该管它叫英式足球
No, we play football. I believe you call it soccer.
对,就是英式足球
Yeah, right. Soccer.
那是个很滑稽的运动,尤其是用头顶球
That’s a real cute sport. Especially the way you bounce the ball off your heads.
我不喜欢不用手的运动
I don’t like any sport where you don’t use your hands.
好!好!
Yes! Yes!
你在干嘛?现在是中场休息
What are you doing? It’s just the half-time.
这是我最爱的部分,我出去一会儿
This is my favourite part of the game. Will you excuse me for a moment?
失陪,我马上回来
Excuse me. I’ll be back in a minute.
噢,天呐!噢,天呐,是你!
Oh, my goodness! Oh, my goodness, it is you!
简直难以置信
I cannot believe it.
你好,殿下 – 请你,别鞠躬
Greetings, your Highness. – Please, stop bowing.
我是扎门达的公民 – 你的饮料要溢出来了
I am a loyal citizen of Zamunda. – You will spill your beverages.
这是我一生中最伟大的一天
This is the greatest day of my life.
见到你我也很高兴,失陪
It was very nice meeting you, too. Excuse me.
等等,请等等,我能和您合影留恋吗?
Please! Please, may I just have my picture taken with you?
我会用我的余生来珍惜这段经历
I will cherish this experience for the rest of my life.
我的后半生
For the rest of my life.
那是谁? – 我见休息室里碰到的一个人
Who was that? – Just a man I met in the restroom.
宝贝儿,为什么你不辞职呢? – 因为我喜欢在那儿工作
Why don’t you quit this job? – Because I like it here.
但是你是我的女朋友,我的女朋友用不着工作的
But you’re my lady. My lady doesn’t have to work.
我会照顾你的,给你一切你想要的
I’ll take care of you. Get you anything you want.
你要我给你什么? – 不用
What can I get you? – Nothing.
我去给你…拿杯咖啡
I’ll get you some… coffee.
马上就回来 – 好的