What you represent in your column, your moral values.
你的文章反映出来的个性特征
The personal characteristics that are reflected in your writing,
让人佩服 – 忠诚,值得信赖…
Very impressive. – Honesty, trustworthiness…
我们有个很大的计划呢,丹
And we have great plans for you, Dan.
我们想做的也就是你一直告诉 你的读者该做的
What we try to do is what you keep telling your readers to do.
什么呢? – 把家庭放在第一位
What’s that? – Put family first.
好吧,有些事情我得坦白
OK. OK. Here’s the thing.
有些人从来都不看自己的专栏
Somebody hasn’t been reading his own column.
我不明白您的意思
I’m not sure what that means.
走开,你是个骗子 勾搭你弟弟的女朋友?
Go away. You’re a liar and a hypocrite. Cheating with your brother’s girlfriend?
你认识她多久了?
How long did you know her?
两次行车违规一次撞车? 那也是计划的一部分吗?
Two moving violations and a collision? Was that part of the plan?
最可恨的是,你居然放莉莉的鸽子
Worst of all, you blew off Lilly.
她一直在等着给你看她做的东西呢
She’s been wanting to show you something she made for you.
但是你一直没来
But you never showed up.

Hm.
我搞砸了 – 不,你没有
I really messed up. – No, you didn’t.
不,我搞砸了 我对莉莉那样
Yeah, I did, Mom. What I did to Lilly.
还有米彻 – 哦,约翰
Don’t forget Mitch. – Oh, John.
还有那些报社的人
And those newspaper people.
很明显,今天你真是背呢
Admittedly, not a good day for you, honey.
如果我把注意力 都放在做个好父亲上…
If I just stay focused on being their dad…
哦,拜托 你知道,爱情就是不可理喻的
Oh, please. You know, love is messy.
我应该意识到的 我伤害了我的孩子
I should know better. I hurt my kids.
以后别伤害她们就行了
Go un-hurt them.
亲爱的,你犯了好多错误呢 – 很多,很多很多
Honey, you’ve made some mistakes. – Many, so many.
爱上玛丽不是其中一个
Falling for Marie wasn’t one of them.
谁再给我个盒子好吗?
Can somebody get me another box, please?
好,好,就来了
Yep, yep. Coming.
米彻
Mitch.
米彻,我…
Mitch, I…
如果是别人的话…
If it was anybody else…
我很…
I am so…
别多想了
Hold that thought.
嘿,美人儿
Hey, beautiful.
如果可以的话,我想和莉莉单独谈谈
Girls, I’d like to talk to Lilly alone, if I could.
好吧,那一起聊吧
OK, then. All of you.
我知道我搞砸了 还是在这么重要的时候
I know I messed up. Big time.
对 – 对,你搞砸了
Yep. – Yes, you did.
现在,你们的妈妈…
Now, your mom…
我想你们的妈妈
I miss your mom.
时时刻刻都想 以后也会
All the time and I always will.
妈妈已经走了 – 哦,亲爱的,我每天都能看见啊
Mom’s gone. – Aw, honey. I see her every day.
简,你有她的善良
I see her in your goodness, Jane.
卡拉,你有她的激♥情♥
And, Cara, your passion.
还有,莉莉,你有和她一样的眼睛
And, Lilly, you have her eyes.
还有笑靥
And her smile.
所以我以后
我安安分分的过活
I am grounding myself for life.
我不再离开你们 我会和你们在一起…
I’m sticking with you. I am going to be with you…
你每天都和我们在一起啊 – 我哪也不去了
You’re with us every day. – I’m not going anywhere.
我和玛丽之间有过情
See, I got a little confused with Marie,
但是那结束了,好吧?
but that is over. OK?
我有点冲昏了头
I kinda lost my head.
因为爱着她我都变笨了
Got a little stupid because I love her.
那个…那个不是…
That’s… That’s not…
我不爱她 这不是我的心里话
I don’t love her. And that’s not what I meant.
我是说,我怎么会是爱她? 我认识她只有…
I mean, how could I love her? I’ve only known her…
三天 – 对
Three days. – Yeah.
短短三天你能知道什么?
And how can you know in three days?
我不知道
I don’t know.
是的,我知道,我爱她
Yes, I do. I love her.
我爱她,我爱她
I love her. I love her.
我爱她,我爱…
I love her. I love…
我爱她
I love her.
那你赶紧去追啊
Then go get her.
我们喜欢她胜过你多了
We so prefer her to you.
去吧
Go.
赶紧的 – 哦
Now. – Oh.
亲爱的,亲爱的,路上吃的
Honey. Honey. For the road.
这是什么啊? – 不行啊
What is it? – I can’t do it.
没什么不行的 – 我没有驾照了啊
You must. – I don’t have a license.
看地图我很在行的
I’m pretty good with maps.
这事怪怪的 不过我可不会错过
This is so queer. But I wouldn’t miss it for anything.
亲爱的读者们 对你们中的大多数人来说
Dear readers, for most of you,
这是我在这份报纸 第一次开专栏
this is my first column in your paper.
以后,我会解答各位的问题
In the future, I will be answering your questions,
但是今天,我想破例和大家聊聊
but today, I wanna break from my usual format and talk to you
“计划”这个话题
about the subject of plans.
不是说我这个专栏的计划 而是说人生的计划
Not so much my plan for this column, more like life plans.
我们怎么来制定它们
How we all make them.
以及我们多么该期待孩子们拟出 他们自己的,好的,安全的计划
And how we hope that our kids make good, smart, safe plans of their own.
但是如果扪心自问
But if we’re really honest with ourselves,
大多数时候我们的计划都 不能按照我们的期望实现
most of the time our plans don’t work out as we’d hoped.
因此也许我不应该问我们的孩子:
So instead of asking our young people,
“你的计划是什么? 你准备怎么过一生?”
“What are your plans? What do you plan to do with your life?”
而应该告诉他们: 准备好接受上天给你惊喜吧
is: Plan to be surprised.
掉下来了
It’s falling out.
就这样吧
And that’s it.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!