如果你愿意,我可以给你一个鼓励。
I’ll give you a boost if you want.
我不需要你的帮助。
I don’t need your help.
哦,天哪,她抓到你了,伙计。
Ooh. Hell, she got you, buddy.
-给他们倒啤酒。-给你。
– Toss them beers. – Here you go.
-你明白了吗?-好的,我们走吧!
– You got it? – Okay, let’s go!
好的,好的。
All right. All right.
举起来,举起来!啤酒。
Hold up, hold up! The beer.
拿着这个,拿着这个,来吧。
Take this. Take this. Come on.
这些该死的鞋子!
These damn shoes!
-哇!进来吧,很暖和!-来吧,伙计!
– Whoo! Come on in, it’s warm! – Come on, buddy!
看,你甚至可以洗你的头发!
Look, you can even wash your hair!
我上个月洗了我的。
I washed mine last month.
哇!
Whoo!
劳拉,基斯,过来!看看我找到了什么。
Laura, Keith, come here! Look what I found.
-天哪,那是什么鬼东西?
– Holy shit. – What the hell’s that?
-这是什么?-你在做什么?
– What is it? – The hell you doing?
现在就离开这里!
Get out of here, now!
-天啊!-来吧!
– Geez! – Come on!
该死的孩子们。
Goddamn kids.
把梁关上,傻瓜!
Turn off the beam, fool!
来自陶氏化学的史蒂夫,来自联合碳化物公♥司♥的Ted。
Steve from Dow, Ted from Union Carbide…
来自埃克森的杰瑞和来自盟军的安迪。
Jerry from Exxon and Andy from Allied.
欢迎来到塔夫脱法律,先生们。
Welcome to Taft Law, gentlemen.
在我们开始之前,先做一点家务。
Before we get started, a little housekeeping.
你们都认识这个年轻人
Um, all of you know this young man
作为塔夫脱的专职助手
as the dedicated Taft associate
在过去的8年里
who for the past eight years has
把自己埋在超级基金法里。
buried himself in the Superfund law.
我不是在为清理工作付钱。
I’m not paying for that cleanup.
我很高兴与大家分享
Still it is my pleasure to share with you
就在上周,罗伯比洛特作为合作伙伴受到了欢迎
that just last week, Rob Bilott was welcomed as a partner
这里是塔夫脱,斯泰特尼和霍利斯特。
here at Taft, Stettinius & Hollister.
早上好,塔夫脱法,等一下,我帮你接过去。
Good morning. Taft Law. One moment. I’ll connect you.
早上好,塔夫脱法律。
Good morning. Taft Law.
请稍等。
One moment, please.
是州长办公室打来的,
It’s the Governor’s office calling for uh,
打电♥话♥给伯克先生。
calling for Mr. Burke.
需要我帮忙吗?
May I help you?
威伯坦南特拜访罗比比洛特。
Wilbur Tennant calling on Robbie Bilott.
环保局让他们负担了整个法案
EPA has saddled them with the whole bill
鉴于你的客户在那个网站的历史,
and given your client’s history at that site,
这是很有可能的。
that’s a real possibility.
-我要把它还给他们。-很好。Tab 12,米德尔顿。
– I’ll take it back to them. – Good. Tab 12, Middletown…
我知道,很抱歉。
I know. I’m sorry.
-但是他们不会离开。-他们是谁?
– But they won’t leave. – Who’s they?
我不知道。他们说他们认识你。
I don’t know. They say they know you.
-罗伯特比洛特?
– Um… – Robert Bilott?
嗯,是的。
Um, yes.
他们称它为垃圾填埋场,垃圾场就是它的样子。
They call it a landfill. A dump’s what it is.
他们告诉我和我哥哥没有化学品,只是垃圾。
They told my brother and me no chemicals, just trash.
但我们并不愚蠢。
But we ain’t stupid.
我让他们自己录像,所有你需要的证明。
I made them videotapes myself. All the proof you need.
他们在小溪里毒杀了我的动物。
They’re poisonin’ the creek, killing my animals.
-我正在开会。-所以,我想要个律师。
– I’m in the middle of a meeting. – So, I want a lawyer.
帕克斯堡的每一个该死的家伙都来接手我的案子。
Every damn one in Parkersburg’s too yella to take my case.
罗伯,他想让你回到那里。
Rob. He wants you back in there.
他们都在杜邦公♥司♥被吓坏了。
They all scared shitless at DuPont.
好吧,我不怕没人。
Well, I ain’t scared of nobody.
好的,凯瑟琳是我的律师助理。
Okay. Kathleen is my paralegal.
她会给你一个律师的目录。
She’s gonna give you a directory of lawyers.
这就是我打电♥话♥给你奶奶的原因。
That’s why I called your grandma.
-什么?-我的邻居告诉我,
– What? – My neighbor who tells me,
给阿尔玛怀特打电♥话♥。
call Alma White.
她的孙子在辛辛那提的一个环境律师。
Her grandson’s some fancy environment lawyer down in Cincinnati.
先生,我是公♥司♥的辩护律师。
Sir, I am a corporate defense attorney.
-所以?-我为化学公♥司♥辩护。
– So? – I defend chemical companies.
-好了,现在你可以保护我了。-罗伯!
– Well, now you can defend me. – Rob!
呃,30秒,汤姆。
Uh, 30 seconds, Tom.
-哦,对不起,先生。-坦南特。
– Uh, I’m sorry, Mr… – Tennant.
我可以给你转介。
I can offer you a referral.
但我就是不明白我怎么能帮到你。
But I just don’t see how I can be of any help to you.
你可以从看他们的磁带开始一件事。
You can start by watching them tapes for one thing.
哦,我们走吧,厄尔。
Oh, let’s go, Earl.
我很抱歉。我祝你好运。
I’m sorry. I… I wish you all the luck.
我不需要你的运气,孩子!
I don’t need your damn luck, boy!
-我需要你的帮助!-罗伯!
– I need your help! – Rob!
来吧。
Come on.
我不是在和整体分♥析♥争论。
I’m not arguing with the overall analysis.
我唯一的观点是,无论我们决定什么。
My only point is that whatever we decide upon…
谢谢,先生们。
Thank you, gentlemen.
你知道我们要去哪里吗?
Do you know where we’re going?
在拐角处有个地方。
There’s a place right around the corner.
-是吗?-这到底是怎么回事?
– Yeah? – What the hell was that all about?
-他认识我的祖母-真的吗?
– He knows my grandmother. – Really?
嗯,我妈妈来自西维吉尼亚州。
Well, my mom’s from West Virginia.
呃,来自帕克斯堡的一个小镇。
Uh, from a town, Parkersburg.
不是我们。我的。我的父亲是空军。
Not us. My… my father was Air Force.
我们经常搬家,
We… We moved around a lot,
但我们在那里度过了夏天。
but we spent the summers there.
-来吧,特普。你在买♥♥。-我当然是。
– Come on, Terp. You’re buying. – Of course I am.
你可以来自西维吉尼亚州,罗伯。
You can be from West Virginia, Rob.
我不会告诉任何人。
I won’t tell anyone.
好了,先生们,莫顿是。
All right, gentlemen. Morton’s it is.
还是和我们低贱的同事一起吃饭?
Still deigned to eat with us lowly associates?
你不能开美国车。
You can’t drive an American car.
Taft-Hartley,工会破产?
Taft-Hartley, union busting?
我们实际上是发明了它。
We practically invented it.
“我们?”
“We?”
另外,我认识一个非常受人尊敬的合作伙伴
Besides, I know a highly esteemed partner
谁还在驱动美国人。
who still drives American.
-也有一些真正的旧车。-好的,
– Some real clunkers too. – Okay,
是的,但是他收集了它们。
yeah, but he collects them.
这是不同的,就像他的
That’s different. Like his
不知名的学院和法学院。
no-name college and law school.
-没有冒犯-你在听吗?
– No offense. – Are you listening to this?
嘿,你们先走吧,好吗?
Hey, you guys go ahead, all right?
-看,我什么也没说。-不,我得打个电♥话♥。
– Look, I didn’t mean anything by it. – No. I gotta make a call.
没关系,我在那儿见你。
It’s all right. I’ll see you there.
好吧,我们给你留一条鱼木条。
Okay, we’ll save you a fish log.
-你可能是一个混♥蛋♥。-卡拉,这是个玩笑。
– You can be such an asshole. – Karla, it was a joke.
-是的。-我们总是开玩笑。
– Yeah. – We always joke.
哦,对了,你们是几个开玩笑的人。
Oh, yeah. You guys are a couple of jokesters.
你已经到达阿尔玛怀特的住处了。
You’ve reached the residence of Alma White.
我现在不能来接电♥话♥。
I can’t come to the phone right now…
他很好,他今晚很早就回家了。
He’s good. He’s home early tonight actually.
告诉他我说,你好,搭档。
Tell him I said, howdy, partner.
她说,“你好,搭档。”
She says, “Howdy, partner.”
我们星期天还会再见到他吗?
Are we ever gonna see him again on Sundays?
是的,妈妈,他还能来参加周日的晚餐。
Yes, he can still come to Sunday dinners, Mom.
他是合作伙伴,不是美国总统。
He’s a partner, not the President of the United States.
我想要。你有我的Bundt pan吗?
I wanna make… Do you have my Bundt pan?
把它还给我。
Returned it.
在哪里?我在柜台下面看了看。
Where? I looked under the counter.
这是右手的柜子,在塑料里,是的。
It’s the right hand cupboard, in the plastic. Yeah.
好吧,我们只是坐下来。
Okay, well, we just sat down.
好吧,亲爱的。
All right, dear.
所以,我得走了。
So, I gotta go.
我喜欢罗布和泰迪。
Love to Rob and Teddy.
好吧,星期天见。爱爸爸。
All right, see you Sunday. Love to Dad.
以后再跟你说。
Talk to you later.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
前一篇文章禁闭岛
下一篇文章侏罗纪公园
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!