我问自己
And I wondered to myself,
我与他人之间 他人与我之间
did the TV contain those millions of lost connections
消失的无数连接 是否在电视里
between me and them and them and me?
I Should Watch TV
我过去认为我该看电视
I used to think that I should watch TV
我认为那对我大有裨益
I used to think that it was good for me
我想知道大家的心事
Wanted to know what folks were thinking
理解我居住的国度
To understand the land I live in
然后我会就此沉醉
And I would lose myself
从此获得自♥由♥
And it would set me free
这是老百姓常去的地方
This is the place where common people go
全球连锁店
A global franchise
百货公♥司♥
One department store
不错 有过很多尴尬时刻
Yes, there were many awkward moments
我不得不给自己救赎
I had to do some self-atonement
如果我敞开心扉
Well, if I opened up
就会获得自♥由♥
Well, it would set me free
我知道 我喜欢
I know, I like
注视并爱慕这个巨人
Behold and love this giant
大个子 嘴也大
Big soul, big lips
它就是我 我就是它
That’s me, and I am this
所有人都发型精致
Everybody gets a touched-up hairdo
所有人都驶在超车道
Everybody’s in the passing lane
他们有办法接触所有渠道
Had a reason they can touch all channels
那里的生物奇奇怪怪
The weird things that live in there
好了
All right
我今天去公园散步
I took a walk down to the park today
我写了一首歌♥ 叫《像你我一样》
I wrote a song called “Just Like You and Me”
我听到体育记者开玩笑
I heard the jokes from the sports reporters
对战两队针锋相对
The rival teams when they faced each other
我越迷失
The more I lost myself
就越自♥由♥
The more it set me free
我怎么不是你的兄弟
How am I not your brother?
你怎么不像我
How are you not like me?
所有人都在酒店大厅
Everybody’s in the hotel lobby
我就住在这里 没错
I’m living in here. Yes, I am
我感受到它穿过我的手臂与指尖
I feel it moving in my arms and fingers
触摸我 感受我的痛苦
Touch me and feel my pain
好了
All right
输也好
It’s good to lose
赢也好
And it’s good to win sometimes
死也好 生也好
It’s good to die and it’s good to be alive
或许将来我们可以站在一起
Maybe someday we can stand together
不畏惧眼前的景象
Not afraid of what our eyes might see
或许将来可以更好地理解
Maybe someday understand them better
我内心的奇怪之处
The weird things inside of me
大约一年前
About a year ago,
我邀请了密歇根州底特律的一个高中合唱团
I invited a high school choir in Detroit, Michigan,
来演绎下面这首歌♥
to do an interpretation of this next song.
这首歌♥叫《大家都来我家》
The song’s called “Everybody’s Coming to My House.”
谢谢
Thank you.
而我的版本
And in my version,
也是你们将要听到的版本
and that’s the version you’re gonna hear…
听起来似乎
It… It kinda sounds like
这位歌♥手对于大家都来他家
the singer is not sure how he feels about
感到心情复杂
everybody coming over to his house.
虽然歌♥中完全没有提到 但你们可以感受到
And you can sense, although he never says it in the song,
你们可以感受到他在想
you can sense that he’s thinking,
“他们什么时候才走”
“When are they gonna leave?”
相反的是 他们的版本…
In contrast, their version…
我认为这种区别意义深远
And this was kind of a profound thing for me.
歌♥词完全没变
They didn’t change a single lyric.
旋律完全没变
They didn’t change the melody,
而他们的版本含义却完全不同
and yet their version has a completely different meaning.
他们的版本似乎表达了欢迎
Their version seems to be about welcome,
邀请所有人 包容
inviting everyone over, inclusion.
我更喜欢他们的版本
I kinda liked their version better,
我不懂他们是如何演绎出来的
and I didn’t know how they did it.
不幸的是 我本性难移
Unfortunately, I am what I am.
这值得大家鼓掌吗
Not sure how to take that applause.
我们乐队的成员来自世界各地
We have people from many parts of the world in this band.
我自己是归化公民
Uh, I myself, I’m a naturalized citizen.
我小时候随父母从苏格兰搬来这里
I… My parents brought me over from Scotland when I was little.
还有人来自巴西 法国 哥伦比亚
We have people from Brazil, France, Colombia.
大多都是移♥民♥ 我们离不开移♥民♥
Most of us are immigrants, and we couldn’t do it without them.
Everybody’s Coming to My House
我希望自己是照相机
I wish I was a camera
我希望自己是明信片
I wish I was a postcard
我欢迎你们来我家
I welcome you to my house
不用走很远
You didn’t have to go far
带花♥园♥的房♥子
Well, there’s a house and a garden
有花草树木
There are plants and trees
凑近看看吧
Make a closer inspection
可以弯下腰
If you get, get down on your knees
大家都来我家
Now, everybody’s coming to my house
我再也不孤单
And I’m never gonna be alone
大家都来我家
Yeah, everybody’s coming to my house
他们再也不离开
And they’re never gonna go back home
我边指边讲
I’m pointing and describing
我可以做你的向导
And I can be your guide
皮肤就是路线图
The skin is just a road map
景色非常美
The view is very nice
想象看着照片
Imagine looking at a picture
想象驾驶汽车
Imagine driving in a car
想象摇下车窗
Imagine rolling down the window
想象打开大门
Imagine opening the door
大家都来我家
Everybody’s coming to my house
大家都来我家
Everybody’s coming to my house
我再也不孤单
I’m never gonna be alone
他们再也不离开
And they’re never gonna go back home
我们只是人生中的游客
We’re only tourists in this life
只是游客 但景色不错
Only tourists, but the view is nice
我们再也不离开
And we’re never gonna go back home
我们再也不离开
No, we’re never gonna go back home
我们只是人生中的游客
We’re only tourists in this life
只是游客 但景色不错
Only tourists, but the view is nice
大家都来我家
And everybody’s coming to my house
我再也不孤单
And I’m never gonna be alone
大家都来我家
Yeah, everybody’s coming to my house
他们再也不离开
And they’re never gonna go back home
大家都来我家
Everybody’s coming to my house
大家都来我家
Everybody’s coming to my house
我再也不孤单
I’m never gonna be alone
他们再也不离开
And they’re never gonna go back home
大家都来我家
Everybody’s coming to my house
大家都来我家
Everybody’s coming to my house
我再也不孤单
I’m never gonna be alone
他们再也不离开
And they’re never gonna go back home
Once in a Lifetime
你可能发现自己住在小木屋里
You may find yourself living in a shotgun shack
你可能发现自己在世界另一端
You may find yourself in another part of the world
你可能发现自己
You may find yourself
坐在大车里
Behind the wheel of a large automobile
你可能发现自己在漂亮房♥子里
You may find yourself in a beautiful house
有一位美丽妻子
With a beautiful wife
你可能会问自己
You may ask yourself
“我怎么在这里”
“Well, how did I get here?”
让日子慢慢流逝
Letting the days go by
让水包围我
Let the water hold me down
让日子慢慢流逝
Letting the days go by
水流向地下
Water flowing underground
再次流入大海

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!