Home 美国电影 纵横天下(1954)

纵横天下(1954)

0
纵横天下(1954)

所以,我拿着我的七号♥熨斗,涉水。。。
So, I took my seven iron, I waded…
不好,你开得太快了。你想干什么,把它碳化?
It’s no good, you’re going too fast. What are you trying to do, carbonize it?
好样的,唐,给他。
Attaboy, Don, give it to him.
给我时间-温度曲线上的检查点。
Give me the checkpoints on the time-temperature curve.
那么,发生了什么?-发生什么事了?
So, what happened? – What happened?
我花了四个人才摆脱困境,又花了两个人才登上果岭。
It took me four to get out of the rough, and two more to get on the green.
你输了300,是吗?
You lost the 300, huh?
是的,但我得到了他全年的法国省令。
Yes, but I got his French Provincial order for the whole year.
28家店,13.5万美元。
Twenty-eight stores, 135,000 bucks on the line.
那次打赌说服了米尔顿·奥弗费尔德
That bet convinced Milton Overfelder
我是那个在圣路易斯被他打败的人,他真的很努力。
that I was the one guy in St. Louis he beat that week who was really trying.
是的。-是你吗?
Right. – Were you?
下次你在圣路易斯玩新鲜草地时,
Next time you play Fresh Meadows in St. Louis,
让我看看你在那棵树后面钓了一枪。
let me see you hook a brassie shot in back of that tree.
比尔,射频温度必须均匀
Bill, those RF temperatures have to be uniform
整个表面,你知道的。
over the entire surface, you know that.
沃尔特,杰西,弗雷德。-你好。
Walt, Jesse, Fred. – Hello.
你知道这次会议是关于什么的吗?
Do you know what this meeting is all about?
好吧,再给我一次数字。
All right, give me the figures again.
弗雷德没告诉你吗?
Didn’t Fred tell you?
对不起,弗雷德。我以为布拉德先生跟你说过。
Well, I’m sorry, Fred. I assumed Mr. Bullard spoke to you.
我不知道。注意线路平衡。你知道这很重要。
I don’t know. See that the lines are balanced. You know it’s something.
一切都好吗,唐?一切都很好。
Everything going all right, Don? – Everything’s going fine.
我现在就开始撕毁我的材料拒收表好吗?
Shall I start tearing up my material rejection charts right now?
你可以重新检查一下。
You can start to reexamine them.
怎么样,杰西?这有什么用?
How about that, Jesse? What’s production got to say about that?
我现在想的只是一堆软壳蟹
All I’m thinking about right now is a mess of soft-shelled crabs
刚从切萨皮克湾出来。
fresh out of Chesapeake Bay.
我们支持你,唐。
We’re rooting for you, Don.
我希望这件事不会发生。
I hope this thing doesn’t string out.
我7点和一个DC-6约会,我真的不想让她站起来。
I got a 7:00 date with a DC-6, and I’d sure hate to stand her up.
带达德利夫人一起去,沃尔特?
Taking Mrs. Dudley along, Walt?
这次不行。我会忙着和连锁店和邮购男孩谈恋爱的。
Not this time. I’ll be too busy romancing the chain and mail-order boys.
当然,你已经准备好承受价格上的压力了。
You’re ready for some pressure on prices, of course.
交易商股票再次上涨。
Dealer stocks are up again.
我想你已经知道你能切多远了。
I assume you’ve figured how far you can cut.
不,我想我会在飞机上解决的。
Well, no, I thought I’d work that out on the plane.
这样地?
Like this?
你可以在那里找到每种主要商品的成交量和价格表。
You’ll find a volume and price chart there for each major item.
曲线相交的地方,就是你的相对净利润。
Where the curves intersect, that’s your relative net profit.
也许你应该去芝加哥试试K-F线,肖。
Maybe you ought to go to Chicago and try pushing the K-F line, Shaw.
看看你和那些有交叉曲线的男孩们有多远。
See how far you get with the boys with your kind of intersecting curves.
布拉德先生一定错过了5点49分。
Mr. Bullard must’ve missed the 5:49.
埃迪刚从车站打来电♥话♥。他会等6点10分。
Eddie just called from the station. He’ll wait for the 6:10.
嗯,我想我们都不介意等,马丁小姐。
Well, I’m sure none of us minds waiting, Miss Martin.
噢,奥尔德森先生,我可以见你一会儿吗?
Oh, Mr. Alderson, may I see you for a moment, please?
请到派克街。
Pike Street, please.
茱莉亚·特雷德韦来了。
Julia Tredway is here.
她在哪?-在布拉德先生的办公室。
Where is she? – In Mr. Bullard’s office.
她坚持要等。
She insisted on waiting.
休斯敦大学。。。布拉德先生来的时候最好告诉我。
Uh… Better let me know when Mr. Bullard’s on the way up.
是的,先生。
Yes, sir.
朱莉娅。
Julia.
很高兴见到你。
Nice to see you.
马丁小姐说他还没回来。-没错。
Miss Martin says he hasn’t come back yet. – That’s right.
我知道我不应该在这里。布拉德先生不喜欢。
I know I shouldn’t be here. Mr. Bullard doesn’t like it.
我。。。我得和他谈谈,奥尔德森先生。
I… I had to talk to him, Mr. Alderson.
也许我能帮你。-嗯,这很重要。
Perhaps I can help you. – Well, it’s rather important.
我认为最好还是和布拉德先生讨论一下。
I do think it best if I discuss it with Mr. Bullard.
他来的时候会很忙的。你为什么不晚点打电♥话♥给他,茱莉亚?
He’ll be pretty busy when he gets here. Why don’t you call him later, Julia?
是关于我的股票,奥尔德森先生,
It’s about my stock, Mr. Alderson,
我的Tredway股票。
my Tredway stock.
你想把它处理掉?
You’re thinking of disposing of it?
所以我想见布拉德先生。-当然。
That’s why I wanted to see Mr. Bullard. – Naturally.
我真的有那么讨厌吗?-朱莉娅,我没说。。。
Am I really as tiresome as all that? – Julia, I didn’t say…
我又来威胁艾弗里了?
That I’ve come here to threaten Avery again?
利用他对公♥司♥失去控制的恐惧
To play on his fear that he might lose control of the company
如果我卖♥♥了我的股票?
if I did sell my stock?
不,不,奥尔德森先生,你没说。
No. No, Mr. Alderson, you didn’t say it.
就像你没说这是我唯一的方法一样
Just as you didn’t say that this is the only way I had
让他注意我。-哦,茱莉亚。
to make him pay any attention to me. – Oh, Julia.
我很抱歉。
I’m sorry.
他是怎么对我们的?
How does he do it to us?
你的奉献,我的想象。
Your devotion, my imagination.
你知道,想来这里的原因需要想像力,
It does take imagination, you know, to think up reasons for coming here,
因为他再也不会来找我了。
because he won’t come to me anymore.
不久前我接到一个电♥话♥,一个来自纽约的奇怪的电♥话♥。
I had a phone call a while ago, a rather strange call from someone in New York.
这个人说他掌握了非常不利的信息
This man said he had information that was highly unfavorable
展望特雷德韦公♥司♥的未来。
to the future prospects of the Tredway Corporation.
这个人叫什么名字,朱莉娅,有什么消息吗?
What’s this man’s name, Julia, and what’s the information?
我问过他,但他说那是机密。
I asked him that, but he said it came from a confidential source.
哦,是的,当然。
Oh, yes, of course.
好吧,如果我是你,我会无视这样的谣言。
Well, if I were you, I’d ignore rumors like that.
当你看到我们的收益报告时,你会意识到
When you see our earnings report, you’ll realize
如此神秘的电♥话♥是多么愚蠢。
how senseless such mysterious phone calls are.
然后我想知道为什么卡斯韦尔先生如此坚持要我卖♥♥掉。
Then I wonder why Mr. Caswell was so insistent that I sell.
乔治·卡斯韦尔?
George Caswell?
是的,他说我应该现在卖♥♥,以后再买♥♥。
Yes, he said I ought to sell now and buy back later.
你说他什么时候打电♥话♥来的?-大约20分钟前。
When did you say he phoned? – About 20 minutes ago.
但卡斯韦尔是我们的董事之一。
But Caswell is one of our directors.
他只会告诉我他有个顾客,
All he would tell me was that he had a customer,
他不想让别人知道他的名字,
who didn’t want his name known,
他愿意以今天的收盘价购买♥♥3700股特雷德韦股票。
who is willing to buy 3,700 shares of Tredway at today’s closing price.
3700股?
3,700 shares?
如果我能立即给他一个决定。
Provided I would give him an immediate decision.
他说这必须是私人买♥♥卖♥♥。
He said it would have to be a private sale.
马丁小姐,请进来好吗?
Miss Martin, will you come in, please?
布拉德先生不想让我卖♥♥掉,是吗?
Mr. Bullard wouldn’t want me to sell, would he?
你知道的,朱莉娅。你一直都知道。
You know that, Julia. You’ve always known it.
但是你从来没有让一件简单的事情像感恩阻碍你,是吗?
But you never let a simple thing like gratitude stand in your way, do you?
在布拉德先生开会之前,我想见他。
Before Mr. Bullard goes into the meeting, I want to see him.
嗯,是的,奥尔德森先生,但是我恐怕。。。-这是什么?
Well, yes, Mr. Alderson, but I’m afraid… – What is it?
我刚在车站接到埃迪的另一个电♥话♥。
I just had another call from Eddie at the station.
布拉德先生也不在6点10分。
Mr. Bullard wasn’t on the 6:10 either.
我给纽约的华尔道夫酒店打了电♥话♥。他还没有退房♥。
I called the Waldorf in New York. He hasn’t checked out.
你告诉其他人了吗?-为什么,不,我。。。
Have you told the others? – Why, no, I…
那就让我来吧。
Let me do it then.
你。。。你明白吗,奥尔德森先生?
You… You do understand, don’t you, Mr. Alderson?
嗯?-我想见艾弗里的原因。
Hmm? – The reason I wanted to see Avery.
哦,哦,对不起。
Oh, oh, I’m sorry.
我确实想确保我没有对卡斯韦尔先生说错话。
I did want to make sure I didn’t say the wrong thing to Mr. Caswell.
你看,我答应6点前给他回电♥话♥。
You see, I promised to phone him back by 6:00.
或者你不觉得我应该给他打电♥话♥。。。
Or don’t you think I should phone him…
你想怎么做就怎么做,茱莉亚。你可以用那边的电♥话♥。
Do as you wish, Julia. You can use the phone right there.
但是。。。
But…
哦。。。
Oh…
但这会结束这一切,不是吗?
But it would end all this, wouldn’t it?
如果我真的一劳永逸地卖♥♥掉了。
If I did sell once and for all.
这会结束很多事情。
It would end a lot of things.
我回头再和你核对。
I’ll check back with you.
星期一见,弗雷德。-是布拉德先生在打电♥话♥吗?
I’ll see you Monday, Fred. – Was that Mr. Bullard on the phone?
不。有人搭便车吗?大学教师?
No. Give anybody a lift? Don?
我要回工厂。。。-我想我差不多能赶上。
I’m going back to the plant… – I guess I can just about make it.
我开车送你去机场。-不,没关系,我去叫辆出租车。
I’ll run you out to the airport. – No, that’s all right, I’ll get a cab.
为什么我不能让你下车?
Any reason why I can’t drop you off?
好的,我们走。
Okay, let’s go.
晚安,弗雷德。-旅途愉快,沃尔特。
Good night, Fred. – Good trip, Walt.
哦,肖,你最近没和卡斯韦尔联♥系♥过吧?
Oh, Shaw, you haven’t by any chance been in touch with Caswell lately, have you?
乔治?不,为什么?-哦,没什么。没什么特别的。
George? No, why? – Oh, nothing. Nothing special.
马丁小姐,如果布拉德先生今晚和你联♥系♥,
Miss Martin, if Mr. Bullard gets in touch with you this evening,