还不够好。
Not good enough.
他为什么允许,沃林先生?
Why did he allow it, Mr. Walling?
他怎么了?
What happened to him?
我们会怎么样?
What’s gonna happen to us?
你好,沃林先生。-你好,汤姆。
Hello, Mr. Walling. – Hello, Tom.
你好,沃林先生。
Hello, Mr. Walling.
沃林先生?
Mr. Walling?
什么事,利兹?
Yes, Liz?
一切都会好起来的,不是吗?-你什么都不用担心。
Everything’s going to be all right, isn’t it? – Don’t you worry about a thing.
但你不是33年来的。
But you weren’t here in ’33.
你不知道特雷德韦倒闭时米尔堡的情况。
You don’t know how it was in Millburgh when Tredway shut down.
现在,这里没人会关闭任何东西。
Now, nobody’s gonna shut down anything around here.
布拉德先生给我们带来了很大的帮助。
Mr. Bullard brought us a long way from that.
乔治,我们的问题是我们太了解对方了。
The trouble with us, George, is we understand each other too well.
我知道你说的这些关于收益报告的话
I know that all this talk of yours about the earnings report
是让我处于守势的一部分
is part of a campaign to put me on the defensive
因为你想要点什么。
because you want something.
你知道不管是什么,你都有可能得到它。
You know that whatever it is, you’ll probably get it.
那么,你为什么不节省时间,直截了当地说呢?
So, why don’t you just save time and get to the point?
有50000股未发行的Tredway普通股
There are 50,000 shares of unissued Tredway common stock
在公♥司♥储备金里。
in the company reserve.
我要你安排一下
I want you to arrange that
4000股股票立即卖♥♥给我,
4,000 shares of that stock are sold to me immediately,
以昨天的收盘价。
at yesterday’s closing price.
你希望我怎么做?-哦,有办法。你会找到的。
How do you expect me to do that? – Oh, there are ways. You’ll find one.
为什么是4000股,乔治?-我有我的理由。
Why 4,000 shares, George? – I have my reasons.
我是说,为什么要多出300块?
I mean, why the extra 300?
你在说什么?
What are you talking about?
昨天下午2:51到3:29之间,
Yesterday afternoon, between 2:51 and 3:29,
大约六分钟开始
starting approximately six minutes
艾弗里·布拉德死在你办公室窗户下之后,
after Avery Bullard dropped dead beneath your office window,
菲利普·温盖特先生
Mr. Philip Wingate
卖♥♥出3700股Tredway普通股,做空。
sold 3,700 shares of Tredway common stock, short.
温盖特告诉过你?-没有。
Wingate told you? – No.
你怎么知道的?-正如你所说,有很多方法。
How did you know? – As you said, there are ways.
我有一件确定的事。
I had a sure thing.
如果你没有发布收益报告。。。
If you hadn’t released that earnings report…
你知道,这就是你为什么这么做吗?
You knew, is that why you did it?
现在。。。听着,罗兰。
Now… Now, look, Loren.
我不能在周一早上去公开市场补仓。
I can’t go into the open market Monday morning and cover that short sale.
我没有流动资产,没有一件我可以动用的东西。我。。。
I have no liquid assets, not a thing I can lay my hands on. I…
你知道我的生活方式。
You know the way I live.
一小时之内我就会被消灭。
I’ll be wiped out inside of an hour.
肖先生,你见过奥尔德森先生吗?
Mr. Shaw, have you seen Mr. Alderson around?
他今天没来。
He hasn’t been in today.
嗯,我想知道。。。
Well, I wonder…
也许我最好。。。-怎么了,克拉克小姐?
Perhaps I better… – What is it, Miss Clark?
他有个电♥话♥。我觉得可能很紧急。
There’s a call for him. I have a feeling it may be urgent.
是谁?特雷德韦小姐。
Who is it? – Miss Tredway.
把它转到这里。-是的,先生。
Have it transferred in here. – Yes, sir.
你好?
Hello?
特雷德韦小姐,这是罗兰·肖。
Miss Tredway, this is Loren Shaw.
不,奥尔德森先生现在不在。也许我能帮你。
No, Mr. Alderson isn’t in right now. Perhaps I can help you.
对。
Yes.
我懂了。
I see.
当然,为什么。作为公♥司♥的控制者,我。。。
Why, certainly. As controller of the company, I…
是的,我相信我能给你这个信息。
Yes, I believe I can give you that information.
尽一切办法。
By all means.
大约一小时后?
In about an hour?
我会等你的。
I’ll be waiting for you.
再见,特雷德韦小姐。
Goodbye, Miss Tredway.
答案是什么?-嗯?
Well, what’s the answer? – Hmm?
你到底要不要帮我买♥♥那只股票?
Are you gonna get that stock for me or not?
我为什么要这么做?-因为你想当总统。
Why should I? – Because you want the presidency.
是吗?
Do I?
这是你加入这家公♥司♥的唯一原因。
It’s the only reason you joined this company.
这是你梦寐以求的安排
It’s the kind of set-up you’ve been dreaming about
自从你手里拿着夜校注册会计师上街以来。
ever since you came on the Street with that night-school CPA in your hand.
多年来我一直在为它工作,现在我要得到它。
For years I’ve been working for it and now I’m going to get it.
但不是盗窃罪。-没有我的投票。
But not by larceny. – And not without my vote.
你需要四票,肖。
You’ll need four votes, Shaw.
没有我,你就没有机会,你知道的。
Without me, you don’t stand a chance and you know it.
当然,你知道,作为控制员,我的手是被绑着的。
You realize, of course, as controller, my hands are tied.
做一个胡迪尼,解开他们。
Do a Houdini, untie them.
但作为总统,
But as president,
我能更好地帮助你。
I’ll be in a better position to help you.
假设我投你一票,而你没有通过。
Suppose I vote for you and you don’t come through.
你唯一的机会就是得到那只股票,乔治,
The only chance you have to get that stock, George,
如果我成为总统。
is if I become president.
嗯,我想我没有太多选择了,是吗?
Well, I guess I don’t have much choice then, do I?
是的,我想你没有。
That’s right, I guess you don’t.
6点,乔治。
6:00, George.
诺德利小姐,马上,我要彻底崩溃
Miss Nordley, right away, I want a complete breakdown
朱莉娅·特雷德韦在这家公♥司♥的股份。
of Julia Tredway’s holdings in this company.
把乔治·卡斯韦尔的个人档案给我。
And bring me the personal file on George Caswell.
你知道,SEC委员会关于卢克海姆案的报告。
You know, the SEC Committee report on the Luckheim Case.
还有。。。
And…
三振出局!
Strike three!
冷静点,孩子!冷静点!
Settle down, kid! Settle down!
好了,迈克。他们受够了。
All right, now, Mike. They’ve had enough.
那是弗雷德。
There’s Fred.
加油!
Come on!
快走!快点,迈克。
Go! Come on, Mike.
好吧,我终于接到杰西的电♥话♥了。他没有听说过布拉德。
Well, I finally got Jesse on the phone. He hadn’t heard about Bullard.
我给了他所有的筹码,他拒绝了。
I gave him the whole set-up and he said no.
你什么意思,不?-他不会担任总统。
What you mean, no? – He won’t take the presidency.
他要退休了。他几周前就下定决心了。
He’s going to retire. Made up his mind weeks ago.
我说什么也改变不了它。你认识杰西。
Nothing I could say would change it. You know Jesse.
是的,我认识杰西。
Yes, I know Jesse.
现在,等一下。-好吧,为什么?一切都结束了。
Now, wait a minute. – Well, what for? It’s all over.
还是有办法的。
There’s still a way.
听着,弗雷德,我昨晚告诉过你。。。-让我说完。
Now, look, Fred, I told you last night… – Let me finish.
杰西觉得我们对待肖的方式,所以我们还有四票:
Jesse feels the way we do about Shaw, so we still have four votes:
你的,我的,杰西的,沃尔特的,也许还有朱莉娅的。
Yours and mine and Jesse’s and Walt’s and maybe Julia’s.
四票支持什么?-为了达德利。
Four votes for what? – For Dudley.
听着,弗雷德。。。-沃尔特很有名气,唐。
Look, Fred… – Walt’s got a lot of standing, Don.
他在两个政♥府♥委员会任职,
He’s been on two government commissions,
他是协会的主席,
he’s been president of the association,
在全国各地发表了演讲。
made institutional speeches all over the country.
他知道如何让人们快乐。
He knows how to keep people happy.
他是个很好的推销员,仅此而已。
He’s a darn good salesman, and that’s all.
这个行业没有一个人比他更受欢迎。
There’s isn’t a man in the business who’s more popular.
嗯,布拉德并没有让公♥司♥变得受欢迎。
Well, Bullard didn’t build the company being popular.
我们不会再有艾弗里·布拉德了,唐。
We’re not going to get another Avery Bullard, Don.
你得下定决心。
You’ve got to make up your mind to that.
好吧,听着,你不能把Tredway。。。
Well, look, you can’t put Tredway…
你不能把米尔堡交给J.沃尔特·达德利。
You can’t put Millburgh into the hands of J. Walter Dudley.
你宁愿要肖,是吗?
You’d rather have Shaw, is that it?
好的,我是达德利。-我马上去机场
Okay, it’s Dudley. – I’ll get right over to the airport
在飞机上见他。
and meet him at the plane.
沃尔特经营这家公♥司♥需要很多帮助,唐。
Walt’s going to need a lot of help running this company, Don.
那意味着他需要你。
That means he’s going to need you.
一号♥球!
Ball one!
我们换一个新水罐吧!-好了,收紧,收紧!
Let’s have a new pitcher! – All right, tighten up in there, tighten up!
第二个球!
Ball two!
怎么搞的?
What happened?
格林不会接受的。他要退休了。
Grimm won’t take it. He’s going to retire.
快点,迈克。。。
Come on, Mike…
弗雷德要把它给沃尔特·达德利。
Fred’s gonna offer it to Walt Dudley.
快点,我们走!打一个!
Come on, let’s go! Strike one!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!