你不能让男人一个人为钱工作,当你尝试的时候,你会饿死他们的灵魂。
You can’t make men work for money alone, you starve their souls when you try it.
你可以用同样的方法饿死一家公♥司♥。
And you can starve a company to death the same way.
艾弗里·布拉德一定知道一次,
Avery Bullard must have known that once,
但这几年他有点迷路了。
but he’d become a little lost these last few years.
公♥司♥得救了。
The company had been saved.
没有更多的战斗要打了。
There were no more battles to win.
现在他必须找到别的东西来满足他的自尊心:
Now he had to find something else to feed his pride:
更大的销♥售♥额,更多的利润,等等。
Bigger sales, more profit, something.
就在那时,我们开始做这样的事情。
And that’s when we started doing things like this.
K-F线。
The K-F line.
沃尔特,你的孩子们出去卖♥♥这些东西的时候骄傲吗
Walt, are your boys proud when they go out and sell this stuff
当他们知道终点会裂开,
when they know the finish is gonna crack,
木皮会裂开,腿会松吗?
the veneer will split off and the legs come loose?
等等,等等。这是商品的价格。
Now, wait a minute, wait a minute. That’s price merchandise.
它在这家公♥司♥的利润结构中起着一定的作用。
It serves a definite purpose in the profit structure of this company.
我们没有欺骗任何人。-我们自己!
We’re not cheating anyone. – Ourselves!
在这个价格下,顾客很清楚他会得到什么。
At that price, the customer knows exactly what he’s going to get.
这个?
This?
这就是特雷德韦的意思!
This is what Tredway has come to mean!
你认为人们买♥♥的时候会怎么看我们?
And what do you suppose the people think of us when they buy it?
你认为工厂里的工人在生产时会有什么感觉?
How do you suppose the men in the factories feel when they make it?
他们应该如何看待管理层
What must they think of a management
愿意低头卖♥♥这种垃圾的人
that’s willing to stoop to selling this kind of junk
为了每年增加一分钱的股息?
in order to add a dime a year to the dividend?
你知道派克街有人拒绝在KF线上工作吗?
Do you know there are men at Pike Street who’ve refused to work on the K-F line?
谁为了转行而每周减薪7.5美元?
Who’ve taken a $7.50-a-week cut to get transferred to something else?
毕竟,那只是我们生意的一部分。
Well, after all, that’s only part of our business.
最终,我们可以减少生产线。
Eventually, we can cut down on the line.
我们把那条线放下!
We’ll drop that line!
我们再也不会要求一个人做任何会毒害他自尊的事了
And we’ll never again ask a man to do anything that will poison his pride
在他自己或他的工作中。
in himself or his work.
我们会有一系列低价家具,
We’ll have a line of low-price furniture,
一条新的不同的路线,
a new and different line,
不同于我们今天做的任何东西,
as different from anything we’re making today,
因为现代汽车不同于有篷货车。
as a modern automobile is different from a covered wagon.
这就是你想要的,沃尔特,不是吗?你一直想要什么?
That’s what you’d want, Walt, isn’t it? What you’ve always wanted?
因为它美丽、功能和价值而畅销的商品,
Merchandise that will sell because it had beauty and function and value,
不是因为买♥♥主喜欢你的苏格兰威士忌或者认为你是个好人。
not because the buyers like your Scotch or think you’re a good egg.
那种你,杰西,能在你的肠子里感觉到的东西
The kind of stuff that you, Jesse, will be able to feel in your guts
当你知道它是从你的生产线下来。
when you know it’s coming off your production line.
一种你可以精确到百分之一美分的产品,肖,
A product that you’ll be able to budget to the nearest hundredth of a cent, Shaw,
因为它将被科学有效地设计。
because it will be scientifically and efficiently designed.
你会为你的名字感到骄傲的,特雷德韦小姐。
And something you’ll be proud to have your name on, Miss Tredway.
我们会给人们他们需要的
We’re gonna give the people what they need
以他们能付得起的价格。
at prices they can afford to pay.
当新的需求出现时,我们也会满足他们,
And as fresh needs come up, we’ll satisfy them, too,
有了一些新的,甚至更令人兴奋的东西!
with something new and even more exciting!
当我们做到这一点,我们将真正开始成长!
And when we achieve that, we’ll really start to grow!
我们不会死,我们会活着!
We’re not gonna die, we’re gonna live!
这需要每一点商业判断
And it’s gonna take every bit of business judgment
以及公♥司♥的创造力
and creative energy in this company
从工厂到塔顶!
from the mills and the factories right to the top of the Tower!
我们要一起做。
And we’re going to do it together.
我们每个人。
Every one of us.
就在这里,在特雷德韦。
Right here, at Tredway.
我支持你,唐!
I’m with you, Don!
我很高兴提名麦克唐纳·沃林先生
I take great pleasure in nominating Mr. McDonald Walling
作为特雷德韦公♥司♥的总裁。
for the presidency of the Tredway Corporation.
第二!
Second!
我提议大家一致同意。
I move we make it unanimous.
所有赞成的人?
All those in favor?
特雷德韦小姐。
Miss Tredway?
对。
Yes.
卡斯韦尔先生?
Mr. Caswell?
肖先生?
Mr. Shaw?
所以投票。
So voted.
恭喜你。-谢谢你,罗兰。
Congratulations. – Thank you, Loren.
洛伦?
Loren?
关于那只股票。。。
About that stock…
你是玛丽·沃林,是吗?-是的。
You’re Mary Walling, aren’t you? – Yes.
你一定为他感到骄傲。-我是。
You must be very proud of him. – I am.
我也有点害怕。-因为你不太了解他?
I’m a little frightened, too. – Because you don’t quite understand him?
我们从来没有。不完全。不是那种男人。
We never do. Not completely. Not men like that.
当他把你拒之门外的时候,你会很孤独,
It will make you very lonely at times when he shuts you out of his life,
但他总会回到你身边。
but then he’ll always come back to you.
你会知道你有多幸运。。。
And you’ll know how fortunate you are to…
做他的妻子。
To be his wife.
你能帮我告诉他一些事吗?
Will you tell him something for me?
谢谢你救了我的命。
Say thank you for saving my life.
恭喜你,玛丽。
Congratulations, Mary.
哦,艾丽卡。-是的,沃林先生?
Oh, Erica. – Yes, Mr. Walling?
最好在星期一上午10点召开委员会会议。
Better call a committee meeting for 10:00 Monday morning.
我们将任命一位执行副总裁。
We’ll be appointing an executive vice-president.
是的,沃林先生。
Yes, Mr. Walling.
晚安。-晚安。
Good night. – Good night.
嘿,顺便问一下,今天谁赢了?-我们做到了。
Hey, by the way, who won today? – We did.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!