Give me your press badge.
给我你的证件
No way, you’re not my dad!
不行 你又不是我爸爸
Then I shall take it by force.
那我用原力枪
He’s my brother!
他是我哥哥
Then you shouldn’t have made out with him.
那你不该和他混在一起
So, your name’s Dan?
你叫丹
Yeah, Dan… Dan Quint. Like on the resume.
吴丹 简历上有写着
Dan Quint. Born 1990. I didn’t think that was possible.
生于1990 不像吧
Yeah, 1990.
确实
People are born every year.
每年都有人出生
What do you hope to get out of being in the mailroom, Dan?
为什么你想来收发室
I guess I hope to get out of being in the mailroom.
学怎么离开收发室
You got sass. I like it.
顶嘴 我喜欢
Guess what? You’re hired.
你猜怎样 你被录取了
I’m Lemuel Gulliver. Welcome to the team.
我叫格列佛 欢迎加入
I was hired…
人资部昨天
yesterday by HR.
已经录取我了
Doggy wants a bone. What?
狗老大需要骨头 什么
Doggy wants a bone.
狗老大需要骨头
Floor 30. This is the editors’ floor.
30楼 这是编辑楼层
Oh, yeah. This is the epicenter, my friend.
对 这里就是震央区 朋友
Feel it. Feel it. Okay.
感受一下
Got a little something for you.
有东西给你
God damn it! Sorry about that.
干嘛呢! 不好意思
I will dry-clean that. Sorry about that. My bad.
我帮你送干洗 是我的错
Just wait out here. What?
在外面等 为什么
One second.
一小会儿
Here’s your mail, sir.
这是你的邮件
Hey, you’re Harold Jones, right?
你是哈罗德·琼斯 对吧
Yeah.

I loved your piece on the failure of derivative markets.
我很喜欢你关于金融市场溃败的分♥析♥报导
Thanks very much.
谢谢
I look forward to seeing you around.
期待多看到你
from me and all the readers.
容我替所有读者感谢你
Dan, what are you doing? You can’t talk to those guys!
你在干嘛 你不能跟他们讲话
Why not?
为什么
Okay, this is your first day. We are the mailroom guys.
你第一天上班 我们只是送信的
Mailroom guys are meant to be seen and not heard.
送信的不应该多嘴多舌
And ideally, not even seen, okay?
最好来无影去无踪
We’re not on their level. We’re little people.
我们跟他们不能比 我们只是小人物
No, I think you’re just scared to talk to them.
不 我想你只是怕跟他们说话
I am not! Dude, listen. I am just respectful of their workspace.
我只是尊重他们的工作空间
I talk to these people all the…
我常跟这些人说话
I’ll let you know as soon as I’ve made a decision, Nigel.
有决定我会尽快通知你
Okey-dokey, thank you. Good day, fellas.
有劳了 谢谢你 两位好
Good day. Good day, mate.
你好 你好 老兄
Gulliver, got any mail for me?
格列佛 有没有我的信件
Yeah… No… Maybe.
有 没有 也许有
Let me check.
我看看
Hi, I’m Dan, from the mailroom. Hey. Darcy.
我是收发室的阿丹 我是达西
And I’ll do whatever it takes to not be from the mailroom.
我愿意做任何事离开收发室
Dan doesn’t need to be bothering her right now. She’s busy.
不要打扰她 她很忙
He isn’t bothering me.
他没打扰我
I love to have a reason to procrastinate.
我喜欢找理由偷懒一下
Yeah, me, too.
我也是
You’re not bugging me. There you go.
你没打扰我 好了
Well, I’ll see you guys later.
回头见
Good to see you.
很高兴见到你
Oh, boy. Let’s go.
走了
So, how long have you had this debilitating crush on the travel editor?
你暗恋旅游编辑多久了
Crush? On Darcy? No way, dude.
暗恋达西? 没这回事
First of all, you’re a terrible liar.
第一 你不会哄骗女孩
Second of all, why don’t you just ask her out?
第二 干嘛不直接约她
You don’t think I could ask her out? No.
你以为我不敢约她 你不敢
I could ask her out whenever, wherever. It’s no problem.
我想约她就约 根本没问题
It would take me five seconds. “Will you go out with me?” “Yes.” Done.
只要我开口约 她就说好
I’m now going out with Darcy Silverman. We are boyfriend and girlfriend.
我将跟达西·西尔弗曼约会 我们是男女朋友
“Gulliver and Darcy?” “Cutest couple ever.”
格列佛和达西非常般配
Okay. So, then, do it.
那快行动
Next time I see her, I will.
我下次看到她一定约
Hold on! Hi, again.
等等 又见面了
Oh, hey, Darcy.
嘿 达西
I just remembered, I get claustrophobic in elevators.
我忘了我有空间恐惧症
How is your day going? Really good.
今天过得好吗 很好
Just really, really, good.
好极了
What are you doing this weekend? So much stuff.
这个周末有何计划 太多事忙
It’s just going to be… a bunch of stuff.
会有很多很多事
Cool. Yeah, it’s cool.
挺好的 是不错
Have a good one. You, too.
周末愉快 你也是
Wait! I forgot something.
等等 我忘了拿东西
Yeah, me, too.
我也是
You chickened out, didn’t you?
你没胆问
I wasn’t… I just… You know… I didn’t chicken out.
我才不是没胆
Being respectful of her workspace. Exactly.
你只是尊重她的工作空间 正是
Speaking of which, after work…
下班后…
do you want to go for a couple of brews and shoot some poos?
不如喝几杯 打球
Maybe a little man-date.
来个男生聚会
I don’t think so. Especially because you called it a man-date.
不了 更何况你说是男生聚会
I got you. You want a rain check.
明白 你想改天再约
You want to wake up all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed for the boss.
你想充分休息 翌日在上司面前精神饱满
You’re not my boss anymore.
你不是我上司了
What are you talking about?
你说什么?
I just got promoted.
我刚升职
That’s impossible. You just got here.
不可能 你才刚来
Yeah, they promoted me…
没错 他们升我当…
to head of the mailroom.
收发室主管
So I’m your boss now.
所以现在我是你上司了
Look, Gulliver, the reason you didn’t ask her out and you never will…
格列佛 你没法开口约她的原因
is the same reason that you’re not going to leave the mailroom.
跟你永远无法离开收发室一样
You’ve been here 10 years, man.
你已经在这里十年
You peaked.
过了事业顶峰
You talk a big game and that can be fun sometimes.
你爱说大话 有时算有趣
And you’re pretty funny around the office, but that’s all you are.
在办公室挺风趣 但仅止于此
It’s just talk.
油嘴滑舌而已
So you might as well face it…
所以你也该接受事实
you’re never really going to get any bigger than this.
你再不会有更大作为
These talks. This is the worst part about being a boss.
作为你上司最不愿意说这些话
Anyway, be in tomorrow at 7:00.
总之 明早七点到
We’re going to sort of change things up…
我们要做点改变
and we’re gonna start with getting rid of “Guitar Hero” during work hours.
上班时间不许再玩吉他英雄
Night, Darcy.
晚安 达西
See you.
再见
Gulliver?
格列佛
Can I help you?
要我帮忙吗
I wanted to see…
我想问…
if you wanted to…
若你愿意…
You seem a little nervous. Are you all right?
你似乎有点紧张 没事吧
No, I’m fine. I’m just…
我很好 只是…
I got so much going on.
我有好多事
I wanted to pick this up, and then I’m on my way.
我想来拿这个 然后回家
You want to apply for a travel writing assignment?
你想申请写旅游报道
Yeah. Exactly.
没错
I had no idea you wrote or traveled.
我不知道你会写作或旅行
I do. I travel a lot. I go to New Zealand.
我经常常旅行 我去过纽西兰
Been to Mexico. Méjico, they call it…
去过墨西哥
in the locals.
当地人是叫墨机哥
Africa, the Congo.
非洲 刚果
Which I know is in Africa because I travel and write.
我知道刚果在非洲 因我旅行又写日志
So this is kind of what I want to do.
所以这算是我想做的事
Why don’t you bring in a writing sample tomorrow and I’ll see what I can do.
不如你明早带一份作品来 我再作安排

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!