Oh, Jack, my son.
我漂亮的儿子
My beautiful boy.
你为什么离开我这么久
Why have you stayed away so long?
我 我有麻烦
I, uh–
我 我有麻烦
I was in trouble.
麻烦?
Trouble?
我有麻烦
I’m in trouble.
你一定又要离开吗?
Must you go away again, Jack?
是的
Yeah.
那不是因为你不爱我,是不是?
It’s not because you don’t love me, is it?
我那么害怕你不爱我
I was so afraid you didn’t love me.
不是
No.
你爱你妈妈么?
You love your mama?
是的,我爱我妈妈
Yeah, I love my mama.
那是我的钱么?
Is that my money?

Oh, good.
把钱拿去
Take the money.
好孩子,你拿着这些钱
Good boy. Take the money.
谢谢你,夫人
Thank you, Miss–
妈妈
Mama.
She’s not breathing. Get the doctor.
俳颇斯,你一定要给我那个老爸脸
Okay, you’ve gotta give me the dad-face one last time,
最后一次,行吗,俳颇斯
okay, Pappass?
什么话都别说,行吗?
Otherwise, keep your mouth shut, okay?
你会离开多久,我要睡多少个觉?
How many sleeps will you be away?
我要睡多少个觉,你才会回来?
How many sleeps till you come back here?
Not too long, Pappass. Hmm.
嘿 谁写的”法兰西决裂”
Hey, who wrote French Rapture?
我不知道
I don’t know.
All right. To Paris.
你这个年纪给你自己买♥♥票太小了吧,是不是?
You’re quite young to be paying for your own plane ticket, aren’t you?
哦,这是我爸爸
Oh, this is my dad.
其实我爸爸有喉炎
You know, actually, Dad has laryngitis
所以他不该讲话
and he shouldn’t be talking at all.
对他嗓子不好
It’s not good for his throat.
抱歉,先生
Um, I’m sorry, sir,
我需要看一下你的身份证明
I’m gonna need to see some identification.
身份证明?
Some identification?
爸爸,给他看你的身份证
Dad, show him your I.D. Dad!
爸爸 你的身份证
You know, your I.D., Dad?
我不能说话
I can’t talk.

Right.
听着,我要去打个电♥话♥
Look, I’m just gonna make a phone call.
他妈的,这里到底是怎么了?
What the Sam Hill is going on here?
先生? -我不想上班迟到 因为你
Sir? I’m not gonna be late to work because of you!
对不起,我只是在做我的工作
I’m sorry, sir, I’m just doing my job.
我也是
Me, too.
你看见我的制♥服♥了么?
See this uniform?
圣安朱男子学校
St. Andrews School for boys.
助理清洁工
Assistant janitor.
我想你一定不会太高兴的
I don’t think you’re gonna be very happy
如果我 打电♥话♥把邓肯神父叫到这来和你解释
if I have to call the Reverend Duncan down here to talk to you.
谁?
Who?
邓肯神父
Reverend Duncan.
听着,我也是个基♥督♥徒
Look, um, I’m a Christian, too.
好 现在,给这个孩子出票
Good! Now, give the kid his ticket!
Okay, all right. Just, um–
好吧 给我一分钟
Just give me a minute.
你这个弱智
You retard!
记住,不要怕你♥爸♥
I don’t want you to take any shit off your dad, okay?
别让他随便对你
Okay. And, um, listen.
别喝那么多汽水,因为你会发胖的
Stop drinking so much soda ’cause you’re gonna get fat.
如果你在学校有什么问题,可以和邓肯说
if you have a problem at school, you can talk to Duncan.
因为他还不算是个完全的蠢驴
‘Cause he’s not a total jackass.
如果西蒙 .
And listen, if Simone–
你要做好事,汤米
Do good things, Tommy.
答应我
Promise me
你保证做好事
you do good things.
我保证
I promise.
汤米傻蛋
Thomas.
那天晚上,我告诉了我太太一切
I told my wife everything that night.
我怎么来的巴黎
How, when I came to Paris,
在街上睡了一段日子 直到我在时装杂♥志♥
I slept on the streets for a while until I got a job
找到工作可以养活我自己
drawing for the fashion magazines and could support myself–
但是我把我的过去都删除了
that I pretty much erased my past
只对我自己保留
and kept to myself
直到我遇到她
until I met her
我想开始我自己的家庭
and wanted to start my own family.
我太胆怯,不打算告诉任何人我的过去
I was in the habit of never telling anybody anything about my past.
但是我爱上了你
But when I was falling in love with you,
每天早上我醒来,我对自己说
every morning I’d wake up and think,
今天是我要 告诉她一切的日子
“Today’s the day I’m gonna tell her,”
但结果每天我什么也没说
and every morning I’d say nothing.
最后时间过去了
Eventually, just too much time past and I–
我怕如果我现在告诉你
I felt that if I told you now,
会吓到你
you’d get scared and disgusted
离我而去,所以我能瞒多久是多久
that I could lie so well, so long, and you’d leave me.
但是你如果没有告诉我,我也可能会离开你
And you didn’t tell me and I did leave you anyway.
这是我们美国人说的所谓”反讽”
Well, that’s what we in America like to call irony.
我和她说了整晚
I talked all night,
可能比我一整年对她说的话还多
probably more than I’d talked to her in a year.
当太阳升起来的时候
And when the sun came up,
轮到我听她说了
it was my turn to listen.
我一直觉得你的眼神里有些空虚
I always know you have an empty nest in your heart.
我总害怕你对我和欧乃尔冷漠
And I was a little afraid for Dan and me that maybe you’re cold.
所以,我告诉你这些
Well, that’s why I’m telling you this.
这样你可以明白我
So you know me.
但是你应该从头开始
These are just words.
但是你应该从头开始
You need to start over.
去纽约
To New York, you go.
我不能从头开始了
I can’t just start over.
但是你希望我们从头开始?
And yet you want us to start over?
你需要回去,汤姆 去越过这件事
You need to go back, Tom. To move ahead.
我害怕回纽约
I’m scared to go back to New York.
一个男人只有到哪里都能做他自己 才是一个真正的男人
A man is a man only when he can be himself wherever he is.
我想要这个男人
I want this man.
欧乃尔也需要这个男人
Odell needs this man.
否则,你说的只能算作睡觉前的故事
Otherwise, this is just a bedtime story.
我没法从这些照片里认出她的
I’m not gonna recognize her
我没法从这些照片里认出她的
from any of these mug shots,
因为我从来没有好好地看过她的脸
’cause I never really got a good look at her face.
我是说,我知道她是黑人 至少她的手是黑的
I know she was black. At least her hand was black.
不过,我知道她坐牢是因为谋杀她丈夫
I do know she was in prison for murdering her husband.
不,不对,这不可能
No, no, that’s not possible.
你什么意思?
How do you mean?
女子拘留所没有最高安全防护
Well, the women’s house of detention
女子拘留所没有最高安全防护
was not maximum security.
杀人犯永远不会被关到那里去的
A murderer would never have been held there.
但是她告诉我说她谋杀了丈夫
She told me she murdered her husband.
她为什么撒谎?
Why would she lie?
赶走我
To make me run.
赶我离开
To make me run away.
博耐黛特?博耐黛特.欧地梨 我的名字是汤姆.瓦查
Bernadette Odelia, my name is Tom Warshaw.
我可以进来么?
Can I come in?
这是汤米,博耐黛特 我们很多年前谈过话
It’s Tommy, Bernadette. I think we may have spoken
当时我还是个孩子,而你还在女子拘留所
many years ago when I was a kid
当时我还是个孩子,而你还在女子拘留所
and you were in the women’s house of detention.
也许你不记得了
Maybe you don’t remember.
我只是想让你知道我还活着,而且
I just wanted you to know that I’m alive and I–
我去了巴黎,我有个妻子和儿子
I made it to Paris. I have a wife and a son.
我儿子的名字是欧乃尔
My son’s name is Odell.
欧乃尔在英文是欧地梨
Odell for Odelia.
我留下一点礼物在这里给你

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!