你丈夫死了,科尔伯特太太。
Your husband is dead, Mrs. Colbert.
啊……
Uh. ..
有人杀了他。
Somebody killed him.
目前还没找到凶手。
We don’t know who – yet.
这,啊……
lt’s, uh.. .
这里太热了。
lt’s very hot in here.
这屋里太热了。
lt’s very hot in this room.
请坐下吧。
Sit down.
不。
No.
( sobs )
你……
WouId you. ..
你……请让我单独呆一会,好吗?
WouId you. .. leave me alone for a few minutes, please?
( sobs )
( sobbing continues )
维吉,我们不需要你了。给你警长打电♥话♥吧。
Virgil, we don’t need you or your microscopes. Tell that to your chief.
我们不需要他-包括你。
We don’t need him – or you.
科尔伯特太太在里面。
Mrs. Colbert’s in there.
-我已经告诉她了。 -知道了。
– I’ve already told her.- I see.
这是在乌拉姆殡仪馆的化验结果,你想知道我找到什么了吗?
Here is the examination results from Ulam’s. You wanna know what I found?
不,现在我没必要知道了。
No. I don’t need to Iook at ’em now.
我可看看这个犯人吗?
May I examine this prisoner?
好,你可以看他。来吧,让他看。继续。
Yeah, you can look at him.C’mon, let him look. Go on.
好了,现在站好了。
All right, now! Steady!
你看完了没?
You finished?
谢谢。
Thank you.
好了,弗莱尔,带他进来。
All right, Fryer, bring him with me.
-这次我们立功啦!-你也应当去的。
– Now we’re grindin’ corn!- You shoulda been there!
要是没有无线电,在河边就让那小子跑了。
lf it weren’t for them radios, we woulda lost him goin’ over that bridge.
这家伙想追上火车甩掉我们。
That old boy highballing that train like to cut us off.
还有老查利的猎犬居然跑了……
And old Charlie’s hound dog got loose. .
-他认罪了吗? -什么 ?
– Did he confess?- Huh?
你捉到的人认罪了吗?
The man you arrested, did he confess?
会的,我相信他会的。
Well, I believe he will.
是的,先生,我相信他会的。
Yes siree, I believe he will.
我相信他会的。
l believe he will.
-他是左撇子吗? -我怎么知道?
– He’s left-handed, isn’t he?- How do I know?
嗯,我看他似乎是左撇子。
Well, he seemed left-handed to me.
我认为哈维是一个左撇子。喏,是不是,薛格伯格 ?
l believe Harvey is a southpaw.Now, ain’t he, Shagbag?
What if he is? What’s that make him?
就算是吧,那又怎么样?
他是无辜的。
Innocent.
科尔伯特太太……还有一件事。
Mrs. Colbert. .. There’s just one more thing.
恩。
Yeah.
钱包是我捡的,我告诉过你。他就躺在地上,钱包在他边上。
l picked it up, I tell you. He was already lyin’ there. lt was lyin’ there next to him!
我只是捡起钱包,女士。我什么也没做。
l just picked it up, ma’am. That’s all I did.
闭嘴。
Shut up.
-把他带走。 -好的,来吧,哈维,我们走吧。
– Get him outta here.- OK. C’mon, Harvey. Let’s go.
科尔伯特太太,我,呃……我不知道你介不介意我叫人开车带你去
Mrs. CoIbert, I , uh. .. I wonder if you’d mind if I have somebody drive you over
你能不能,恩……去认一下尸?
so you could, uh. ..complete the identification?
马丁,你带科尔伯特太太去一趟殓房♥。
Martin, I want you to take Mrs. Colbert over to the funeral parlor.
恩,伍德,你送维吉去车站。
And, Wood, run Virgil down the depot.
恩,维吉认为,警长,他说哈维是无辜的。
Uh.. . Virge here, Chief,he thinks that Harvey’s innocent.
-哦,真♥他♥妈♥的该死。 -我可以和你单独谈谈吗?
– Well, l’ll be damned.- Could I talk to you about it, in private?
不。科尔伯特的钱包在我手里,而它是我们从哈维身上搜到的。
No. Because I got Colbert’s wallet in my hand, and we took it from Harvey Oberst.
– You think he gave it to him?- I don’t know.
-你以为是科尔伯特给他的吗?-我不知道。
可能是哈维在犯罪现场经过,看到并捡起钱包。
But Oberst could have come aIong after the crime, found it, picked it up.
-我不知道。-那小子也是这么说的。
– I don’t know.- That’s what the boy said he did.
不过,很抱歉,女士,我不同意。
Well, l’m sorry, ma’am, but I say different.
检验尸体时,很明显造成致命的一击的硬物是
When I examined the deceased,it was obvious the fatal blow was struck
从右边17度角的方向造成的,那可以确认
from an angle of 1 7 degrees rom the right, which makes it
凶手是用右手的。
almost certain the person ho did it is right-handed.
-那又如何? -哈维是左撇子,警长。
– So what?- ( Shagbag) Harve’s left-handed, Chief.
镇里人都知道。
Everybody in town knows that.
我们都知道,哈维是个左撇子。啊哈。
We figured that out.Harvey’s a lefty. Uh-huh.
你相当自信啊,维吉。来自费城的黑鬼居然叫这名字。
You’re sure of yourself, Virgil. Funny name for a nigger boy from Philadelphia.
-他们都怎么叫你?-他们叫我锑伯斯先生!
– What do they call you up there?- They call me Mr. Tibbs!
锑伯斯先生!好,伍德先生,你把这位锑伯斯先生送去车站。
Mr. Tibbs! Well, Mr. Wood, take Mr. Tibbs,take him down to the depot.
照我说的做,小子,就现在!
And I mean, boy, like now!
我会让FBI给你发此事的报告的。
I’ll have the FBl lab send you the report on this.
也许那不会有什么影响。
Not that it’ll make any difference.
把这给我。
l’ll take that.
不,你休想。
No, you won’t.
我会亲自送报告过来 。
l’m sending it in personally.
我的上帝!
(Mrs. Colbert) My God!
你们都是些什么人?
What kind of people are you?
这里是什么地方?
What kind of a place is this?
我丈夫死了。
My husband is dead.
这镇里有人杀了他!你们要找出凶手来!
Somebody in this town killed him!I want you to find out who!
你最好把那给我。
You gonna give me that?
不,妄想!
No, l’m not.
伍德,把他关起来。
Wood, you take him,
以私藏证据罪指控他。
and you Iock him up for withholding evidence.
快点!把他和他朋友哈维关一起!
Go on, move! Put him with his friend, Harvey Oberst!
好了,维吉,没人把你当傻子的,你很聪明。
Well, Virgil, nobody threw your brains to the hogs, that’s for damn sure.
往这边走。阿诺德,开门,我们又来了位新客人。
Hold on there, Arnold. Open her up again.We got another customer.
嘿,小子,不是这里。
(Harvey ) Hey, man, not in here.
-把他关别的地方去! -别这样惊慌失措。
– Put him somewheres else!- Don’t push the panic button.
保持冷静,孩子,别着急。
Play it cool, boy. Play it cool.
嗨!
Hey!
-嗨!
– Hey!- ( door shuts )
你凭什么穿着白人的衣服?
What you doin’wearin’ white man’s clothes?
你从哪里来的?
Where d’you come from?
你是个聋子吗?
You deaf or somethin’?
听着,我会……
Listen, l’m get. ..
冷静点,哈维。
Keep cool , Harvey.
我与你同一阵线的!
l’m on your side.
操,我用不着你。
Well, I don’t need you!
只有我能帮你。
l’m all you’ve got.
警♥察♥?
PoIice?
你是个条子?
You’re a cop?
-你是个条子。-恩,哼。
– You’re a cop.- Mm-hm.
是吗?
Yeah?
那么,他们为什么要关你?为什么会关一个条子?
So, how come they Iocked you up?How come they lock up a cop?
谁说他们要关我了?
Who said they locked me up?
有那么多空牢房♥,干嘛要关一起?你想想?
How come with all these empty cells here they’d throw me in with you? You dig?
听着。
Look.
我已经告诉他们了。
l already told ’em.
我看见那个人躺在大街上
l see this fella lyin’ on the street there.
我只是偷了他身旁的钱包
And there’s this wallet lyin’ beside him.
伙计,我就知道,在这世界上我根本没有运气。
Boy, I mean, I come into this world outta luck.
我还以为是我的第一次好运气来了,我只是捡起了钱包。
Here’s the first good thing to come my way. And I pick it up.
但是当知道这是谁的钱包时……
But when I see whose wallet it is…
我开始害怕了。我听说过这个新警长的暴脾气。
I mean, I start to sweat. But I heard about this new chief.
这个加斯比,
This Gillepsie?
从来不会笑,还不如一个大萝卜。
Got no more smile than a turnip.
所以我抄近路穿过田野,沿着铁路线,我想离那桥越远越好。
So I cut across the fields, headin’ for the line, and got myself as far as the bridge
在加斯比抓到我之前。
before Gillespie grabbed me.
你什么时间捡到钱包的?
What time did you find the wallet?
恩,我没有手表,不过肯定是二点以后了,我听到过镇政♥府♥的钟声!
Well, I ain’t got no watch, but it must have been after two, by the courthouse clock.
我想知道在十一至二点之间,你在哪?
l’m interested in eleven to two.Where were you?
打台球,在拉里的酒吧里。我大约10点到。
Shootin’ pool. Larry’s Lounge.l got there about ten.
-你什么时候离开的? -关门后走的,那最少是1点了。
– What time’d you leave?- Closin’. Must have been one.
-有人可以替你作证吗?-帕基,伯特,利斯。
– Anybody can swear for you? – Packy, Burt, Les.
你以前有案底吗?
Ever been in trouble with the police before?
快说。
Come on.
我可以查到的,你懂的。
l could ask at the desk, you know.
好吧,警♥察♥抓过我一次。
Well, they brought me in one time.
-是因为和德洛丽丝·珀迪的事。 -什么指控?
– On account of this Delores Purdy.- On what charge?
好,恩,德洛丽丝,她,呃……
Well, uh, this Delores, she, uh. ..
她对自己的身材很自豪,你知道吗?
she’s reaI proud of what nature done for her, you know?
然后,恩……
And, uh. ..
恩,我们在克拉克加油站约会,然后,恩……
Well, we was on a date up to Clarke’s Point, and, uh. ..
她说,恩啊……

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!