这钱是我自己挣,每天工作10小时,每周工作7天。
I earned that money,ten hours a day, seven days a week.
黑人根本赚不到这么多钱。那比我月薪还多!你从哪挣来的?
Colored can’t earn that. lt’s more than I make in a month! Where did you earn it?!
-费城。-密西西比?
– Philadelphia. – Mississippi?
-宾夕凡尼亚州。 -什么工作会有这样高的薪酬?
– Pennsylvania.- Just how do you earn that kinda money?
我是警♥察♥!
I’m a poIice officer.
(throws badge on desk)
噢,是的。
Oh, yeah.
-伍德!-在,警长!
– Wood!- Yes, sir!
-你有向他问过话吗?-没有,警长。
– Did you question this man?- No, sir.
你自己看看吧!
Would you mind taking a look at that?
耶!呕,耶!
Yeah! Oh, yeah!
我会调查这位高人,你带他出去看住了。
l’ll check on this wise city boy.You take him outside and hold him.
是,警长
Yes, sir.
我建议你打电♥话♥给我的警长,不要电报之类的。
May I suggest that you call my chief rather than send a wire or anything?
那样会快一点。我会付电♥话♥费的。
I mean, it would be quicker.And l’ll pay for the call.
你听到了吗?你听到他说他会付电♥话♥费?
Did you hear? Did you hear him say he’d pay for the call?
做他们的警♥察♥,他们付多少钱给你?
How much do they pay you to do their police work?
周薪162.39美元。
$ 162.39 per week.
( whistles)
一周162.39美元!
$162.39 a week!
哦,小子! 带他出去,伍德,好好待他,
Well, boy! Take him outside, Wood.But treat him easy,
那可是一周挣162.39美元
because a man that makes $162.39 a week –
的男人,我们可得罪不起他!
man, we do not wanna ruffle him!
不会的,警长。
No, sir!
考尼尔……你帮我接个长途电♥话♥ 。
Courtney. . . would you try and get me long-distance?
(考尼尔)警务事宜,警长在线
( Courtney ) Police business, honey.Chief’s on the line.
别,要被他捉到你在偷听,他会踢烂你的屁♥股♥。
No. He catch you listenin’ in,he’ll run your butt around the block.
-他捉不到我的。-不?
– He don’t panic me none.- No?
-警长在哪? -你洗了那死人的照片了?
– Where’s the chief?- You got the pictures of the dead man?
是的,上、下、左、右,什么都有
Sure do. I got him top,bottom, sideways – you name it.
好吧,我替你拿进去
– Good. l’ll take ’em, son.
不必啦,我自己拿给警长!
– No, I wanna give ’em to the chief.
-我说我来拿,查利。-依山姆的吧,查利。
– I said I’d take ’em, Charlie.- Do like he tells you, Charlie.
这些照片得有人付钱。
Somebody owes me some money for those.
我得买♥♥相纸、胶卷和显影液。
l had to buy paper and film and developin’.
不要紧,只是公务账单,一切都没问题的。
That’s all right. Just bill the department.Everything will be taken care of.
天啊!他真的死得丑陋
God Almighty. He sure looks bad.
我可以看看那个假定被我杀死的被害人吗?
May I see the man I am supposed to have killed?
好吧,我没理由不给你。
Sure. I don’t know why not.
嗨,山姆,他说完了。
Hey, Sam. He’s finished talkin’.
-这是那死者的相片。-好。
– Here’s the photos of the dead man.- OK.
电♥话♥里是你的警长,他想跟你说话。
Got your chief on the phone.He wants to talk to you.
喂?是的,警长。真不好意思让您卷入这件事。
Hello?Yes, sir. l’m sorry to have gotten you involved in this.
我真的别无选择。
l really had no choice.
是的,警长。
Yes, sir.
您不可能是认真的,警长。我是说,就算我想帮他们,他们也不会让我介入的。
You can’t be serious, sir. I mean, even if I could be of help, they wouldn’t want it.
不是,警长。我当然不是对他们有偏见
No, sir. l’m not prejudiced.
是的,警长。我是警务人员,他们也是警务人员,不过……
Yes, sir. I am a police officer and they’re police officers, but…
是,我是加斯比,是,警长。是的,好……
Hello. This is GiIIespie.Yes, sir. Yep, well.. .
不会吧?
You don’t say?
他是你们头号♥破案专家?
He’s your number one homicide expert?
好,我,我,我。
Well, my, my, my.
我想没有这必要,我们会自己处理的
l don’t think we need any help.We can wrap this up ourselves.
是的,警长。首先要多谢你
Yes, sir. But I do want to thank you
提供像维吉 锑伯斯这么强的人来支持我。
for offering me such a powerful piece of manpower as Virgil Tibbs.
是,警长,谢谢。是,再见。
Yes, sir. Thank you.Yeah. Goodbye, now.
噢,都在那里了。我们自己付的电♥话♥费。
Oh, it’s all there.We paid for the phone call ourselves.
那么,你是他们的头号♥破案专家?
Now, you are the number one homicide expert.
-是。-那你经常验尸吧。
– That’s right.- I bet you look at a lot of dead bodies.
经常。
Lots.
那么。
Well?
-好,什么? -好……
– Well, what?- Well . ..
我只是想可能,恩……你不会介意看看这件尸体罢!
I just thought maybe, uh. . . Maybe you wouIdn’t mind takin’ a look at this one?
不,谢谢
No, thanks.
-为什么?专家。-因为我要赶火车。
– Why not, expert?- Because l’ve got a train to catch.
等等,那列火车到中午才开出
Wait a minute.That train don’t leave till noon.
他们每周付你162.39美元聘请你来验尸破案。你多看一件又何妨?
They pay you $1 62.39 a week just to look at bodies. Why can’t you look at this one?
-为什么你不自己去看?-因为我不是专家啊……
– Why can’t you look at it for yourself?- Because l’m not an expert. . .
警官先生!
Officer!
10美分,一千万美元——对一个死人来说都没用了。
Ten cents, ten million doIIars – just doesn’t matter when a man’s time comes.
恩-哼。
Mm-hm.
在斯巴达我可以把他搞得更好一点
l could give him a nicer service right here in Sparta
比他在芝加哥搞得好。而价格只要一半。
than he could ever get up there in Chicago. And at half the price, too.
外面有个紫檀棺材
– I got a rosewood casket out there. ..- ( door opens)
泰德 乌兰,警长。我们表示哀悼。
Ted Ulam, Chief.We haven’t had the pleasure.
是的。
That’s for sure.
他跟我一起的。
He’s with me.
你好,医生。
Hello, Doc.
恩。
Yep.

Well…
恩啊。
Uh. ..
你想过来看看吗?
Do you wanna look at it?
新修的指甲,非常好
(Virgil) New manicure. That’s good.
非常好。
That’s very good.
-我需要少量的工具。-比如?
– I’ll need a few things.- ( Gillespie ) Such as?
铵氢硫化物、联苯胺、氢过氧化物。
Ammonium hydrosulfide,benzidine, superoxide of hydrogen.
铜粉,蒸馏水。
Copper powder, distilled water.
一个6英寸赛璐珞量具。
A six-inch celluloid scale.
温度计。
Thermometer.
一些镊子。
Some tweezers.
卡钳。和一些牙签。
Calipers. And some toothpicks.
牙签? !铜。。。?这是在做什么,警长?
Toothpicks?! Copper. . .?What’s goin’ on here, Chief?
这位是谁?
Who is this boy anyway?
我让他来验尸的。他就是来干这的。
l asked him to look at the body.That’s who he is.
现在是4:45。这人是什么时间死的?
lt’s 4:45. What time was this man killed?
山姆是三点发现他的。医生说可能是在那一小时前被杀的。
Sam found him at 3 a.m. The doctor says it’s possible he was killed an hour earlier.
-那是说两点?-也许还要晚一点。
– At two?- Maybe a little later.
2:15……2:30?
2: 15. .. 2:30?
能来摸下他的脸部和颚部吗?
Would you feel the face and jaw, please?
是我搞错了,还是已经僵硬了?
Am I mistaken, or has rigor begun?
它是。
lt has.
你也会注意到尸斑已经出现了。
You’ll notice too that postmortem lividity is present.
他死亡时间应是更早的。对吗?
So the time of death really has to be earlier. Wouldn’t you say?
嗯。
Mm.
恩,量一下他的体温便可清楚。
Well, we’ll be able to pinpoint that as soon as I get a thermometer.
你知道的,测量脑部温度的降低是最可靠的方法
As you know, the loss of heat from the brain is the most reliable way
对于确认死亡时间。
of determining time of death.
警长,对吗?
Right, Chief?

当然啦
Oh, yeah.
那么……
Well…
这里哪位会协助我呢?
Which one of you gentlemen wiII assist me?
(phone rings )
乌拉姆殡仪馆……警长,你的电♥话♥
Ulam’s Funer… lt’s for you, Chief.
是我,请说。
Yeah. Talk to me.
什么时候?
When?
噢,太好了,是,是。马上来。有个疑犯正在逃走,我先走
Oh, good. Yeah, yeah. Right away. l’ve got a runaway suspect, boy. I gotta go.
听着,他要什么,你们都要帮手
Now listen, you. Anything he wants,man, you better see that he gets it.
在哪里洗手?
Where can I wash my hands?
( dogs barking in the distance )
(grunt)
( dogs barking with excitement)
这里是薛格白格,你听了没?他向河那边去了。
This here’s Shagbag, you hear?He’s headed for the river.
是河边,你听到没?他朝着阿肯色州方向去了。
The river, you hear?He’s gonna be in Arkansas
操。
Shit.
(train horn )
好了,我捉到他了。
OK. I got him.
科尔伯特太太。
Mrs. Colbert.
-她知道了吗?-警长不在,他还不知道。
– How is she taking it?- Chief had to leave. She don’t know it yet.
嗨,你不能进去的,小伙子!
Hey! You can’t go in there, boy!
-科尔伯特太太? -我丈夫在哪里?
– Mrs. Colbert?- Where’s my husband?
他怎么了?为什么没人告诉我他怎么了?
What’s happened to him?Why won’t anybody tell me what’s happened to him?
为什么这里人什么 也不说?就算他受伤了,我也有权知道,
Why won’t anybody here tell me?l have a right to know if he’s hurt,
他出意外?我要知道他还好吗?
if he’s been in an accident.l want to know if he is all right!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!