显然不是一个合格的监护人
is simply not good parenting.
他是要杀了我们
He tried to kill us.
别说得那么夸张克劳斯 那车根本没发动
Let us not exaggerate, Klaus. The vehicle was not even in gear.
我能和孩子们单独谈谈吗
May I have a moment alone with the children?
再见了 孩子们
Goodbye, kids.
和你们一起很开心
It’s been fun.
我会逮到你们的 不论你们逃去哪里
I’m going to get you. No matter where you go,
不论你们干什么 我会找到你们
no matter what you do, I’ll find you.
你们玩完了
You are so deceased.
带他们走吧 波尔先生
Take them, Mr. Poe. . .
再不走我要哭了
. . .Before I lose it, bigtime.
智斗一个一无是处的坏蛋
Trumping a talentless villain
对于那三个小天才来说是家常便饭
might seem all in a day’s work for three ingenious orphans.
他们一边品尝着胜利的滋味
But the Baudelaires savored their victory
一边朝着他们的新家前进
as they sped towards their new home.
前途尚不明朗
What lay ahead for them was unclear,
但是他们保持着谨慎的乐观
but they remained cautiously optimistic
期盼着下一位监护人能好一些
that their next guardian would be better than the last.
至少不会想方设法用火车轧死他们
Or at least wouldn’t try to flatten them with a train.
你知道他是研究什么的科学家吗
Do you know what kind of scientist he is?
我不知道 我为了
No, I don’t. I was far
你们三个的事情忙得晕头转向
too busy making arrangements for you three.
我可没时间问家长里短的
I didn’t have time for chitchat.
你们好
Hello!
我的天啊
Oh, my goodness.
看看你 你一定是维奥莱特
Look at you. You must be Violet.
你还记得我吗 估计不记得了吧
Do you remember me? I don’t suppose so.
当时你还是个小孩子
You were just a little baby at the time.
克劳斯 我们没见过面 你好
And, Klaus, we’ve never met. How do you d–?
握手真有劲 这力道好像缅♥甸♥蟒蛇
What a firm grip. Like a Burmese python.
阳阳 小阳阳 你和你妈妈长得真像
And Sunny. Little Sunny. You look so much like your dear mother.
波尔先生 非常感谢 他们就交给我吧
Thank you very much, Mr. Poe. I’ll take it from here.
或许我该进去坐坐
Oh, perhaps I should come inside.
当然
Oh, by all means.
你可以帮忙从蟒蛇腹中
You could help us pick out the gut worms
把蛆虫挑出来
from the bowel of the Viscid Boa.
孩子们 记住 需要我的时候
Children, remember, if you need me anytime,
打电♥话♥或者发传真给我
you can reach me by phone or fax.
再见
Good day.
总算把他甩了
Well, we got rid of him, didn’t we?
进来吧 时间不多了 我们还要打包
Come in. Come in. There’s not much time, and we have to pack.
打包
Pack?
你是说打包吗
Did you say”pack”?
是的 我们得把所有的仪器设备打包
Oh, yes. We have to pack all the equipment.
还要些必需品 比如衣服什么的
Then there’s the essentials, like clothing and such.
我们还要给一起带走的蛇贴上标签
And we have to tag all of the snakes who are coming with us.
去哪里
Coming where?
去秘鲁 我没说过吗
Oh, did I mention we’re going to Peru?
-没说过 -我们要去秘鲁
– No. – Yes, we’re going to Peru.
明早动身 很刺♥激♥是吧
Tomorrow morning. Isn’t that exciting?
爬行类展示馆这边走
This way to the Reptile Room.
欢迎光临寒舍
Welcome to my humble abode.
你们对蛇了解吗
You children know anything about snakes?
就读过些书
Only what I’ve read in books.
我不是很了解
No, not very much.
我们这有几样书中看不到的东西
Well, we may have one or two things here that aren’t in books.
让我把这大家伙送上♥床♥
I’ll just put the big fellow in
再给你们介绍其他几位朋友
his bed and introduce you to a few of me friends.
看这里
Over here. . .
那是条双头眼镜蛇
That’s the two-headed cobra.
好眼力
Well spotted.
是雄性还是雌性
Is that a he or a she?
我不知道 这么问不太礼貌
I have no idea. Didn’t think it polite to ask.
这边是西♥藏♥三眼蟾蜍
And over here, the Tibetan Third-Eye Toad.
这家伙不停地叫唤
We can’t stop this fellow chanting. Om. Ribbit.
孩子们 你们得瞧瞧我最近的发现
And now, children, you have to see my latest discovery.
在坦桑尼亚找到的 一种毒蛇
Found him in Tanzania. One of a kind.
其毒液见血封喉
The Incredibly Deadly Viper.
估计只有我的助手古斯塔夫和我
My assistant, Gustav, and I
才见到过它真面目
may be the only people ever to have seen him.
很抱歉 色带卡住了
Oh, I’m sorry. My ribbon just jammed.
让我调整下
Let me just adjust it here.
好了
Right.
开始吧
There we are.
现在
Now,
我说到哪里了
where was I?
对了 致命毒蛇的攻击
Oh, yes. The attack of the Incredibly Deadly Viper.
小家伙别怕 你很安全
Not to worry, little one. You’re all right.
它不会伤害你的 好了
It can’t possibly harm you. Here we go.
这么致命的毒蛇不会伤害她
The Incredibly Deadly Viper couldn’t have possibly harmed her?
不会的
No. No, no, no, no.
它性格很温顺的
It’s a big softy.
在动物界 它是一种非常友好
One of the least harmful and most friendly creatures
温和无害的生物
in the animal kingdom.
那其实是误传
It’s a misnomer.
我那么叫它是为了吓唬爬行动物学协会
I only called him that to play a prank on those stuffed shirts
里那些自命不凡的讨厌鬼
down at the Herpetological Society.
蒙蒂叔叔 我们为什么要去秘鲁
Uncle Monty, why are we going to Peru?
今早我就在想
Just this morning I was wondering,
我们一起出城逛逛怎么样
”How are we all going to get out of town together?”
然后我又想 去秘鲁啊 秘鲁有蛇啊
And I thought, “Peru.” They have snakes in Peru, don’t they?
但是我们为什么要出城呢
But why are we getting out of town?
维奥莱特 你知道吗 你们怕蛇
Violet, do you know snakes
其实蛇更怕你们
are more afraid of you than you are of them?
只有很少的人知道
Few people do.
一旦受到威胁 蛇就会退到一个
When threatened, a snake will retreat to a place
寂静 安全 偏僻的地方
that is quiet, safe, remote.
一个能让它远离危险的避难所
A sanctuary. Where it can feel out of danger.
秘鲁就是那样一个地方
That’s why Peru.
等等 那个望远镜
Wait, that spyglass.
和爸爸的那个一模一样
I saw one just like that in our dad’s…
我们等会儿有的是时间闲聊
Plenty of time for chitchat later.
但是现在 我需要一位发明家
But right now, what I need is an inventor,
一个博览群书的人
a reader
和一个会咬人的家伙
and a biter.
你们认识这样的人吗
Know any?
在山丘的高地和泰河的低地
High upon Highlands And low upon Tay
邦尼·乔治·坎贝尔骑马跑了一天
Bonnie George Campbell Rode out on a day
人靠衣装马靠鞍 衣锦还乡来
Saddled and bridled So gallant rode he
马儿到家了 他却不知所踪
Home came his good horse But never came he
牵牛花 跟你说了别往我身上缠
Petunia, what have I told you about this?
她总以为我是棵树
She thinks I’m a tree, you know.
我好像听过这首歌♥ 我想
I think I know that song. I think…
我们听爸妈弹过
I think our parents used to play it for us.
他们肯定弹过 我也给我的孩子弹过
They certainly did. As I did for mine.
-你也有孩子吗 -当然
– You had children? – Oh, yes.
还有过一个妻子 一个家
And a wife and a home.
直到一场大火夺去了这一切
Until the fire.
一场大火
A fire?
我也许比其他人都更了解你们现在的心情
I may know better than anyone what you’re going through.
但是一切都会过去的
But it’s gonna be all right.
我们会跟理解我们的人
We’ll be among people who understand us.
跟我们一样的人在一起
People who are like us.
这些人懂得欣赏有独特天赋的人
People who appreciate unique children
比如爱读书爱发明爱咬东西的孩子
who can read and invent and bite things.
蒙蒂叔叔 你为什么要为我们做这一切
Uncle Monty, why are you doing all this for us?
因为我们是一家人啊
Isn’t that what family does?
就这样 波德莱尔家的孩子去了秘鲁
“And so the Baudelaire children went to Peru
和他们亲切慈爱的新监护人
and together had wonderful adventures
一起经历了奇妙的冒险
with their loving and wonderful new guardian.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!