噢 没关系
Oh, no, it’s fine.
我只是不理解为什么没人早点告诉我
I just don’t understand why no one told me sooner.
好吧 谢谢了
Okay, thanks.
谁打来的
Who was it?
是我的叔叔戴尔
That’s my uncle Dale.
一切都还好吗
Is everything okay?
嗯 我爸爸进医院了
Yeah, my dad’s in the hospital.
他怎么了
What’s wrong with him?
他病了 病得很严重
He’s.. very sick.
他已病了很长时间 但我猜现在是真的很糟糕
He’s been sick for a longtime, but I guess now this is really bad.
他得了什么病
What does he have?
他只是病的跟严重 跟他酗酒有关系
He’s just very sick, related to his alcoholism.
肝硬化吗
Cirrhosis of the liver?
我得去那边一趟
I’d have to go up to there.
去奥奈达吗
To Oneida?
我可以为你做什么吗
Anything I can do?
不 没什么
No, it’s okay.
打给我的朋友妍
Call my friend Slyvia,
她会在我不在的这两天陪着你
she’s gonna come and stay with you for a couple of days when I’m away.

Sure.
我不想打给你妈妈去造成一些不必要的的压力
And I don’t wanna call your mom and cause any undo stress.

Sure.
这样可以吗
Is that okay?
我没觉得有什么不行
Well I don’t see why not?
我是说我不知道
I mean I don’t know.
我并不认识妍
I don’t know Slyvia.
她人很好 我是说她挺好的
She’s great. I mean she’s fine.
我只是离开两天
I’m only gonna be gone for 48 hours.
好吧
Okay.
我可以打给代理机构 然后按照协议那样做
I could call the agency and do it according to protocol.
但是我不想挑起风波
But I don’t wanna stir the pot.
不 我也不想这样做
No, I don’t want to do that.
没关系的
It’s okay.
别担心
Don’t worry.
其实我不想去
I don’t want to go.
我觉得他可能快要去世了
I just think he’s gonna die, so…
告诉你我是怎么想的
Tell you what I think.
我认为我们两个应该今晚一起去
I think that you and me should travel up to Oneida together.
我陪着你
I’ll keep you company.
你喜欢M&M巧克力豆吗
You like M&Ms?
我们有M&M巧克力豆
We got M&Ms.
他不吃这些东西
He doesn’t eat that stuff.
不用了 谢谢你
No, thank you.
你想要些乐之饼干吗
You like some Ritz crackers?
我们有这种饼干
We have this kind of Ritz cracker.
或者比尔坚果
Or beer nuts?
比尔坚果怎么样
How about beer nuts?
不了 谢谢
No, thank you.
我可以明天去超♥市♥买♥♥一些其他东西
I can go to Wegmans and get some stuff tomorrow.
我确定她今晚不会去任何地方了
I’m sure she won’t go nowhere tonight.
所以小男孩 你喜欢做什么
So what do you like to do little boy?
他喜欢读书 他非常聪明
He likes to read. He’s very smart.
你上几年级 四年级还是五年级
What grade are you in? fourth? fifth?
噢 某种程度上来说这很复杂
Oh, that’s somewhat complicated.
他非常聪明
He’s very smart.
哦 好吧
Oh, okay.
为什么不脱下外套 待一会儿
Why don’t you take your coats off, and stay a while.
因为这里冷死了 为什么不打开暖气
Because it’s freezing in here, how about turning on the heat?
你想付今晚的住宿费吗
You wanna pay my night on the bill?
看在老天的份上 这是夏天
It’s summer time for crying out loud.
所以呢 这大概只有40度
So? It’s like 40 degrees in here.
你们计划待多久
So how long are you planning to stay?
你在开玩笑吗 我才刚跨进门
Are you kidding me? I just walked in the door.
行了 都少说两句
All right everybody.
我明天早上去看爸爸
I will go see dad in the morning,
然后我们就会坐车回去
and then we will go get back on the bus.
这样行了吗
How’s that?
见鬼的 别在意你要住多久
Don’t get the hell how long you stay.
只要你别去开暖气 你想在这待多久就待多久
Stay as long as you want just keep your hands off the heat.
现在可是夏天
It’s summer time.
天啊 你可真是有脾气
Jesus Christ you got a real attitude.
我会去看我爸爸 然后我们就会离开
I will see dad and then we will go.
你喜欢肉饼吗 小男孩
You like meatloaf, little boy?
我冰箱里有很大一块肉饼
I got a big old meatloaf in the freezer.
不用了 谢谢
No, thank you.
天啊 我妹妹可真邋遢
Eh, What a slob my sister is.
她房♥间里有太多东西了
She’s got a lot of stuff.
我们没法睡在这儿
We can’t sleep in this room.
没关系的
It will be okay.
你待在酒店里会舒服一点吗
Would you be more comfortable if we stayed in a hotel?
是的 但是我住不起酒店
Yes, but I can’t afford that.
但是你会感觉更舒服吗
Yes, but would you be more comfortable?
我需要借一下你的车
I need to borrow your car.
见鬼 你在干什么
Where the hell are you going?
我们要去住酒店
We are going to stay in the hotel.
看在老天的份上啊埃利诺
For Christ’s sake Eleanor.
我去完医院以后会带回来的
I will bring it back after the hospital.
什么时候 你要去哪里
What time? Where are you going?
现在晚上九点了 你特么的在干什么
It’s nine o’clock at night what the hell are you gonna do?
带着个小孩在城里乱开吗
Go driving around town with this little kid?
这车没有油 你要去哪个酒店
There is gas in there what hotel you think you are going?
我会加满油的
I will put gas in there.
那个房♥间太乱了 我们没法睡
That room is a mess we can’t sleep in there.
如果我们知道你什么时候来
If we know the time you were coming.
而且你还会带着汽油来
And that you would bring in gas.
我们就会收拾好了
And we would have straightened up.
你到底借不借我你的车
Can I borrow your car or not?
这车没油
There is no gas in there.
明天早上我会把车还回来
I’ll bring it back in the morning.
不用客气
You are welcome.
这里有个泳池
We have a pool.
不过需要翻新一下了
Close to a renovation, oh well.
所以戴尔是你妈妈的弟弟
So is Dale your mother’s brother?
我爸爸的
My dad’s.
他们在我父母离婚后结婚了
They got married when my parents slip up.
他们三个在高中是好朋友
Wow, they are all friends in high school.
然后我爸爸加入了军队
My dad joined the services,
参加了海湾战争
and to fight for the Gulf war.
我猜戴尔一直在这儿陪她
Dale’s there for her, I guess.
然后我爸爸回家了 看到了这些糟透了的事情
And then my dad came home and saw the messed up.
开始染上了不好的习惯
And started doing all this bad stuff.
所以他们离婚了 然后戴尔就搬了进来
So they got divorced and Dale moved in.
我累了
Tired.
去睡吧
Go to sleep.
当我闭上眼睛的时候 我感觉我仍然在公车上
When I close my eyes, it feels like I’m still on the bus.
你为什么要离开这里
What made you leave?
你所有的家人都在这儿
Your whole family is here.
我想你刚刚回答了这个问题
Think you just answered your own question.
我之前想去茱莉亚音乐学院
I wanted to go to Juilliard.
当演员吗
To be an actress?
不 当然不是
No, god no.
为了音乐
For music.
音乐啊
Music?
对 我演奏过科尔内管
Yeah, I played the cornett.
什么
What?
科尔内管 很像喇叭但是要小一些
The cornett, it’s like a trumpet only smaller.
我知道科尔内管是什么
I know what a cornett is.
所以你是音乐家咯
So you’re a musician?

Yep.
你以前怎么没告诉过我
Why didn’t you tell me before?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!