Don’t even breathe loudly.
不要笑,不要大声呼吸
Don’t breathe at all.
完全不要呼吸
Morning, Miss Trunchbull.
早上好,昌切布小姐
Good morning, Miss Trunchbull.
早上好,昌切布小姐
Sit!
坐!
I have never been able to understand why small children are so disgusting.
我不明白 为什么孩子这么讨厌
They’re the bane of my life.
他们是我生活中的毒药
insects. – Where’s Matilda ?
他们就像昆虫一样 玛蒂尔达在哪里?
They should be got rid of as early as possible.
应该把他们除掉
My idea of a perfect school…
完美的学校
…is one in which there are no children at all.
应该是没有孩子
Do you agree, Miss Honey?
同意吗,哈尼小姐?
Now, you, front of the class!
你!到前面来!
Are you okay?
你怎么了?
Next time I tell you to empty your pockets, you’ll do it faster, won’t you?
下一次我告诉你 把口袋快点掏干净
Yes, Miss Trunchbull. Miss Honey.
是的 哈尼小姐
This could be the most interesting thing you’ve ever done.
这可能是你做的 最有趣的事情
Sit down, you squirming worm of vomit!
坐下,令人作呕的东西!
Thank you, Miss Trunchbull.
谢谢你,昌切布小姐
Get up!
站起来!
Can you spell?
会拼吗?
Miss Honey taught us how to spell a long word yesterday.
哈尼小姐昨天 教我们拼了一个很长的字
We can spell “difficulty.”
我们会拼 困难
You couldn’t spell “difficulty” if your life depended on it.
你们不会拼 困难
She taught us with a poem.
她教我们一首诗
A poem, how sweet.
多可爱,什么诗?
I
什么样的诗? D夫人,I夫人
Mrs. F-F-I
FFI夫人
Mrs. C, Mrs. U Mrs. L-T-Y
C夫人,U夫人 LTY夫人
Why are all these women married?
为什么这些女人都嫁人?
Mrs. D? Mrs. I? You’re supposed to be teaching spelling, not poetry!
你是教拼词的,不是诗歌♥!
I cannot, for the life of me, understand…
为什么小孩长大
…why small children take so long to grow up.
要这么长时间?
I think they do it deliberately just to annoy me.
他们是故意的 就是要烦我
What’s funny?
有什么好笑的?
Come on, spit it out. Speak up.
快说!
I like a joke as well as the next fat person.
我像每一个胖子一样喜欢笑话
It’s a snake. It’s a snake!
是条蛇!
It’s a snake!
是条蛇!
One of you tried to poison me. Who?
你们有人想毒我 是谁?
Matilda.
玛蒂尔达!
I knew it!
我知道的
I just thought you’d like to know, it’s not a snake. It’s a newt.
那不是蛇,是变色龙
What did you say? it’s a newt.
你说什么? 那是变色龙
Stand up, you villainous sack of goat slime! You did this.
站起来!是你干的
No, Miss Trunchbull.
不是,昌切布小姐
Did you act alone, or did you have accomplices?
有同谋吗?
I didn’t do it.
不是我做的!
You didn’t like the choky, did you?
你不喜欢禁闭,是不是?
Thought you’d pay me back, didn’t you?
你以为你报复了?
Well, I’ll pay you back, young lady.
好,我会报复的
For what, Miss Trunchbull? For this newt, you pissworm!
报复什么,昌切布小姐? 这只变色龙,废物!
I’m telling you, I didn’t do it!
我告诉你了,不是我!
Besides, even if you didn’t do it, I’m gonna punish you…
不管怎样我还是要惩罚你
…because I’m big and you’re small, and I’m right and you’re wrong.
我大,你小 我正确,你错误
And there’s nothing you can do about it.
你对此无能为力
You’re a liar and a scoundrel, and your father’s a liar and a cheat.
你既说谎又欺骗 你父亲是个骗子
You’re the most corrupt lowlifes in the history of civilization.
你们是世界上最下♥贱♥的!
Am I wrong? I’m never wrong.
我错了?我从不错的
In this classroom, in this school, I am God!
在这个班,在这个学校 我就是上帝!
You! I didn’t move.
你! 我没有动!
You did this!
是你
How could she possibly have done it when she was sitting way over here?
她是坐在那边的
I’ll be watching you, each and every one.
我会留心你的 你们每个人
When you turn the corner…
即使你们在某个角落
…when you go to your oubbies to get your smelly coats…
即使你们穿衣回家时
…when you skip merrily to lunch…
即使你们雀跃就餐时
…I’ll be watching you, all of you…
我也会留心你们,你们全体
…and especially you.
特别是你!
Oh, sweetheart, I’m sorry.
亲爱的,真抱歉
Thanks for not telling. Best friends don’t tell.
谢谢没有说出来 好朋友不告密
She can really dance.
她还真可以跳舞的
I’m gonna clean up this mess, then I’ll come and help you fill the bird feeder.
我要整理一下这里
I’ll be out there in a minute.
我马上就出去
Miss Honey? Yes, Matilda?
哈尼小姐… 什么,玛蒂尔达?
Miss Honey, I did it.
是我♥干♥的
Did what? I made the glass tip over.
干了什么? 是我使杯子倒的
Oh, sweetheart, don’t let Miss Trunchbull make you feel that way.
不要让她使你难受
Nobody did it. It was an accident.
那是偶然的
I did it with my eyes. Watch, I’ll prove it to you.
我用我的眼睛,看
It’s wonderful you feel so powerful.
你有这种力量
Many people don’t feel powerful at all.
很少人有你这种力量
Come on, tip over, you glass. Glass, tip over. Tip over.
来啊,翻倒
Come on, tip over. Tip over, glass.
翻倒
It’s all right, Matilda.
就这样吧,玛蒂尔达
I really did do it, Miss Honey.
哈尼小姐,真是我♥干♥的
One of the odd things about life is sometimes you can do something…
有时你能做某件事
…until you wanna show someone, and then you can’t.
可却不能演示给别人
Or sometimes you think something’s broken and then you take it to be fixed–
也许什么东西妨碍…
This isn’t like that.
不是这样的
I don’t know.
我不知道
Maybe I made myself tired.
也许我累了
Matilda, would you like to come over to my house this afternoon?
玛蒂尔达,今天下午想去我家吗?
I’d like that very much, Miss Honey.
非常愿意
Good.
好的
I just stare very hard, and then my eyes get all hot…
我只是使劲地盯着
…and I can feel the strongness.
我就能感到那种力量
I feel like I can move almost anything in the world.
我觉得我能让所有东西移♥动♥
You do believe me, don’t you?
你是相信我的,对吗?
Oh, I believe that you should believe in whatever power…
你应该相信自己
…you think you have inside of you. Believe it with all your heart.
从内心里相信
That’s where Miss Trunchbull lives.
这就是昌切布小姐住的地方
Why is there a swing?
为什么那里有个秋千?
A girl I know used to live in that house. Her life was good and happy.
这房♥子曾住过一个女孩 她的生活美好而快乐
When she was just 2 years old, her mother died.
但两岁时,母亲去世了
Her father was a doctor…
父亲是个医生
…and he needed someone to look after things at home…
他需要人帮他照顾家事
he invited the mother’s stepsister to come and live with him.
他请求女孩妈妈的继姐 和他们生活在一起
But the girl’s aunt was a mean person who treated the girl very badly.
但是姨妈心毒 对她很不好
The Trunchbull. Yes.
昌切布? 是的
And worst of all, when the girl was 5, her father died.
更糟的是,五岁的时候 女孩的父亲死了
How did her father die?
她父亲怎么死的?
The police decided he’d killed himself.
警♥察♥说是自杀
Why would he do such a thing?
他为什么那样?
No one knows.
没人知道
The end is happier.
故事的结局好一些
She found a small cottage.
她找到了一间小屋
She rented it from this lovely rhubarb farmer for just $50 a month…
她从一个可爱的农夫那里租来 每月付50美元的房♥租
…and she covered it in honeysuckle, and she planted hundreds of wildflowers…
四周种了无数野花
…and she moved out of her wicked aunt’s house and she finally got her freedom.
她搬出了这个房♥子
Good for her.
那样好
Do you know why I told you this? No.
知道我为什么告诉你这些? 不知道
You were born into a family that doesn’t always appreciate you…
你的家里不理解你
…but one day, things are gonna be very different.
总有一天会改变的
Should we go inside and have tea and cookies?
我们来些茶点?
Yes, please. Okay.
好的,请
This is the cottage from your story. Yes.
这就是故事里的那个小屋 是的
The young woman is you.
那女孩就是你!
But then–
那么
No. Yes.
不! 是的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!