Are you in this family?
你是这个家的人吗?
Dinnertime is family time. What is this trash you’re reading?
晚餐的时候你在读什么破烂?
It’s not trash, Daddy, it’s lovely.
有意思极了
Moby Dick, by Herman Melville.
海曼·麦尔维尔的《Moby 01。k》
Moby what?
默比什么?
This is filth! Trash! Here. it’s not mine! It’s a library book.
脏东西 这是图书馆的书!
Trash!
垃圾
I’m fed up with all this reading! You’re a Wormwood, you start acting like one!
我讨厌这些! 你姓沃乌德!做事就应该象!
Sit up and look at the TV.
坐起来看电视!
Producers are not liable for any skin irritation that may result from playing.
制片对于任何皮肤 不适概不负责
Get real sticky and get cash for free.
涂上粘剂,去得现金!
All right, that’s enough. Let’s get sticky!
让我们粘吧!
I didn’t do it.
我什么都没弄
Of course you didn’t do it, you little twit.
当然没有,你这个小讨厌
I told you that was a cheap set.
我说过那是个便宜电视
It’s not a cheap set, it’s a stolen set.
并不便宜,那是盗物
Put your light on!
开灯!
Bummer.
讨厌
Was it magic or coincidence?
那是奇迹,或是偶然?
She didn’t know.
她不知道
It is said that we humans use only a tiny portion of our brains.
据说我们的脑 只开♥发♥了极小一部分
Matilda might never have discovered her own great strength of mind…
此事的几天里
…were it not for the events that began on the very next day.
玛蒂尔达决心开♥发♥自己的能力
I need a car, inexpensive but reliable.
我要辆便宜可靠的车
Can you service me? In a manner of speaking, yes.
愿做交易吗 是的
Welcome to Wormwood Motors.
欢迎你来沃乌德车行
Harry Wormwood, owner, founder, whatever.
哈里·沃乌德,老板,奠基人 随便怎么叫
Agatha Trunchbull, principal, Crunchem Hall Elementary School.
阿噶塔·昌切布,校长
I warn you, sir, I want a tight car, because I run a tight ship.
我想要辆功能良好的车 因为我喜欢井井有条
Oh, yeah, huh? Well, uh My school is a model of discipline.
当然 我的学校是秩序的楷模
“Use the rod, beat the child,” that’s my motto.
用棍棒,训孩童
Terrific motto. You have brats yourself?
非常好的校训 你有孩子吗?
Yeah, I got a boy, Mikey, and one mistake, Matilda.
男孩,米凯 还有个误生的,玛蒂尔达
They’re all mistakes, children. Filthy, nasty things. Glad I never was one.
孩子都是误生的 很高兴我从来就不是孩子
Well, since you’re an educator, I’m gonna make you a great deal.
咱们做个交易吧
You had better. Let’s do business.
你早就应该 做生意吧
Thank you.
谢谢
Enjoy it.
祝你愉快
Hey, you, you’re going to school. I am?
嗨,你,你要去上学了 真的?
First thing tomorrow.
明天一早
Yeah, yeah, okay, okay. You’ll get a real education at this place.
你会在那里 得到很好的教育
Matilda had always wanted to go to school because she loved to learn.
玛蒂尔达总是梦想上学
She tried to imagine what her new school would be like.
她曾想像过学校是什么样
Go ahead.
继续
She pictured a lovely building surrounded by trees…
可爱的校楼 环绕绿树
…and flowers and swings.
和鲜花
Well, there was a building…
那有一个校楼
…and children.
还有孩子们!
So regardless of what Crunchem Hall looked like…
不管学校怎么样
…she was happy to be there.
她很高兴去上学
Hey, wait up!
等等
After all, any school is better than no school at all.
毕竟要比无学可上好
Isn’t it?
不是吗?
You, detention.
你…罚留
You’re too small. Grow up quicker!
你太小了,快点长大!
Heads up! Shoulders back! Stomachs in! Stand straight.
抬头!挺胸!
Hey. Sorry.
喂 对不起
Detention for you.
罚留
That’s okay. It’s much better than being out there.
这里比在外面那里好
Is that my teacher?
她是我的老师?
No, that’s the principal, Miss Trunchbull.
不,是校长
You’ve gotta be kidding.
开玩笑吗?
You squirts better skedaddle. I’m not kidding.
不是玩笑
The Trunchbull likes to snap a whip in there to see who’s trying to hide.
校长喜欢拿鞭子找到 谁躲在这里
Stomach in!
收腹
Change those socks! Too pink.
换袜子!太粉了
I’m Matilda. Lavenden
我是玛蒂尔达 拉纹塔
I’m Hortensia. Hi.
我是郝特西亚
She doesn’t really hit children with that riding crop, does she?
她真打孩子吗?
No, it’s mostly for scare.
不,只是吓吓人的
What she does is worse.
但她干的更糟
Like yesterday, in the second grade, the Trunchbull makes a weekly visit…
像昨天,二年级
…to every classroom to show the teachers…
她周视时演示给教师
…a thing or two about handling kids.
怎样处理孩子
And Julius Rottwinkle ate…
尤里乌斯吃了
…two M&M’s during her lesson. -And she caught him?
两颗巧克力豆 她看见了?
Of course.
当然!
Was Julius okay? After being thrown out the window?
尤里乌斯还好吗?
Of course he wasn’t okay. He lived, if that’s what you mean.
他还活着,如果你指这个意思
The Trunchbull used to be in the Olympics.
她曾参加过奥♥运♥会
Shot put, javelin, hammer throw.
铅球,标枪,链球
The hammer throw is her specialty.
链球是她的长项
So she does this all the time? Better than being put in the choky.
那么她总在用这些? 那也比禁闭惩罚的好
Choky? Yeah, the choky.
禁闭? 是啊,禁闭
It’s a tall, narrow hole in the wall behind a door.
那是墙壁上的一个高高的洞
You have to stand in a drippy pipe with jagged edges.
里面有横七竖八的破管子
And the walls have broken glass and nails sticking out.
墙壁上到处有钉子
Get inside, you festering ball of pus!
进去,让人讨厌的家伙!
She puts kids in there? I’ve been in twice.
她把小孩关在那里? 我进去过两次
Sometimes she leaves you in there all day.
她有时候关你在里面一整天
Didn’t you tell your parents? They didn’t believe me.
你没有告诉父母? 你父母会相信吗?
I mean, would your parents believe it?
我是说,你的父母会相信吗?
Sixty lines after school: “I must obey Miss Trunchbull.”
你必须服从昌切布小姐
No.

Out of my way. Here she comes.
她来了!
Fresh meat.
噢!这有一个新鲜的!
Amanda Thripp.
阿曼达·崔迫
Yes, Miss Trunchbull.
是的,昌切布小姐
What are those? What’s what, Miss Trunchbull?
这些是什么…
Hanging down by your ears.
从耳朵上悬下来?
You mean my pigtails?
你是说我的辫子?
Are you a pig, Amanda? No, Miss Trunchbull.
你是猪吗? 不是,昌切布小姐
Do I allow pigs in my school?
我允许猪进学校吗?
My mommy thinks they’re sweet.
我妈妈觉得辫子可爱
Your mommy is a twit!
你妈妈是个讨厌的家伙
You’ll chop those off before school tomorrow or I will–
明天之前把它们剁掉,不然…
But But?!
但是… 但是?
I don’t But? Did you say “but”?
你说 但是
Hammer throw. What?
要扔链球
Definitely.
一定的
I’ll give you “but”!
我给你 但是
Good loft! And excellent release.
角度真绝 出手真及时
Think she’ll make the fence? Gonna be a close one.
你觉得她能越过栅栏吗?
Quiet! Get to class before I throw you all in the choky.
安静!赶快回♥教♥室 不然我把你们全送进禁闭
Lavender .
拉纹塔
What’s my teacher like?
我的老师怎样?
Run, run, run. Faster! Get in.
跑,跑,跑
Quickly!
快!进去!
But Matilda’s teacher, Miss Honey…
玛蒂尔达的老师
…was one of those remarkable people…
哈尼小姐是那种
…who appreciates every single child for who she or he is.
特别喜爱孩子的人
I scooped these up for you, Miss Honey.
这是给你的
Oh, how lovely. Thank you, Amanda.
多可爱啊,谢谢,阿曼达
Okay, listen up, everybody. We have a new student with us today.
今天我们有了一位新同学
This is Matilda Wormwood. I’d like you to sit over here with Lavender.
这是玛蒂尔达·沃乌德 我希望你和拉纹塔坐在一起
Now, you all remember how scary your first days at school were.
你们都记得上学第一天的可怕
So I’d like you to be especially nice to Matilda and make her feel welcome.
所以请对玛蒂尔达友好些
Could you get her workbook for her, please?
你能给她拿练习书吗?
Yes, Miss Honey. You can sit down.
你可以坐在这里
Miss Honey was a wonderful teacher and a friend to everyone.
哈尼小姐是位无与伦比的教师

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!