我上法学院的第一天 教授说了两句话
On my first day of law school, my professor says two things.
第一句 “从今往后
First, “From this day forward,
你妈妈说她爱你时
when your mother says she loves you,
-“你得找第三方求证一下” -第二句呢
– “get a second opinion.” – And?
“如果你想寻求正义 上妓院
“If you want justice, go to a whorehouse.
“如果你想被♥操♥ 上法♥院♥”
“If you want to get fucked, go to court.”
娜奥米
Naomi!
假设你有个你明知有罪的当事人…
Let’s say you have a client who you know is guilty…
不 这话你提都不用提
No, don’t even start with that.
我们的司法系统不在乎这个 我也一样
Our justice system doesn’t care about that, and neither do I.
每个被告 无论他是谁
Every defendant, no matter who he is,
不管他做过什么
regardless of what he’s done,
都有权接受他律师所能提供的最好的辩护
has the right to the best defense his attorney can provide.
就这么简单
Period.
-那你怎么看待真♥相♥ -真♥相♥
– So where were you with the truth? – Truth?
-什么意思 娜奥米 -来了
– How do you mean? Naomi! – Coming.
我不确定这词还有多少种意思
I’m not sure how many ways there are to mean it.
你觉得只有一个吗
You think there’s only one?
-我不会弄 -你要迟到了
– I can’t do this. – You’re late.
-对对对 -好吧
– Yeah, yeah, yeah. – Okay.
事实上 你是对的
Actually, you’re right, you know.
-只有一个是重要的 -马丁 请不要动
– There is only one that matters. – Marty, hold still, please.
我这版本的真♥相♥
My version of it,
我在陪审团
the one I create in the minds
十二个男男女♥女♥的头脑中创造的真♥相♥
of those 12 men and women sitting on a jury.
如果你想的话 你可以用其他名字称呼它
Now, if you want to, you can call it something else.
可以叫”真♥相♥的错觉” 如果你想的话
The… The illusion of truth, if you want.
随你便
It’s up to you.
-行了 -是吗
– Good. – Yeah?

Yeah.
杰克 可以了吗 你还需要更多素材吗
Jack, is that it? You need some more stuff?
-需要 -明天下午
– Yeah. – Tomorrow afternoon?
-好 -行 我让我的秘书安排一下
– Yeah. – All right, I’ll have my secretary set it up.
好了
Okay.
-这是封面故事吧 -是的
– This is a cover story, right? – Yeah.
好的 拜拜
Yeah. Okay, bye.
马丁·韦尔律师事务所
圣迈克童声合唱团 谢谢你们 谢谢
Saint Michael’s Boys Choir. Thank you. Thank you.
-真是才华横溢 -晚点再说
– What a talented group. – Tell you after.
-好的 -现在 女士们先生们
– Sure. – Right now, ladies and gentlemen,
我们将有一个简短的拍照时间
we’re gonna have a brief photo session
趁着小伙子们和主教大人还在这里
while we have the boys here with His Excellency.
我几分钟后回来
I’ll be back in a few minutes.
谢谢大家的耐心 祝大家用甜点愉快 谢谢
Please bear with us, enjoy your dessert and thank you.
-好的 -这边 好了
– Yes. – Here we go. Okay.
很好 很好
Good, good.
-谢谢 -谢谢
– Thank you. – Thank you.
谢了
Thanks.
马丁 真是意外之喜啊
Marty. What an unexpected surprise.
我来帮我们友好的检察官脱身
Well, I’m here to help our friendly prosecutor off the hook.
-失陪 -我要付出什么样的代价
– Excuse me. – What’s it gonna cost?
比不得脱身要小得多
A lot less than the alternative.
明早九点半来我办公室
Tomorrow at my office, 9:30.
开了吗 开了
Is this on? Yes, it is.
主教大人 很高兴见到您
Your Excellency. Nice to see you again.
女士们先生们 下面是今晚的重要环节
Ladies and gentlemen, we have come to the heart of the matter,
也是我们今晚聚集在此的原因
the reason we’ve all gathered together here tonight.
今晚是我有幸连续第五年
This is the fifth straight year that it’s been my privilege
作为主持人
to serve as your master of ceremonies
主持芝加哥律师协会和天主教会慈善晚宴
for The Chicago Bar Association and Catholic Charities Ball.
恐怕您得把烟灭了
I’m afraid you’re gonna have to put that out.
这里是个酒吧 老天爷
It’s a bar, for Christ’s sake.
今晚 多亏了大家的努力与慷慨
Tonight, due to your generous efforts,
我们在参与人数
we’ve broken last year’s record
以及为大主教的慈善会募集的金额上
in terms of attendees and the amount
-都打破了去年的记录 -我以为你戒了
– of money raised for the Archbishop’s charity, – I thought you quit.
-我觉得这值得我们… -我吸得少了
– and I think that deserves… – I cut down.
你看起来真美 剪头发了吗
You look beautiful. Cut your hair?
是啊 几个月前
Yeah. A few months ago.
很高兴在过去的四年里…
And now, as it has been my pleasure for the last four years…
-想跳舞吗 -又没有音乐
– Want to dance? – There isn’t any music.
当然有
Sure there is.
在任许久的州检察官
…longtime State’s Attorney,
上帝爱他 约翰·肖尼西先生
God love him, Mr. John Shaughnessy.
谢谢大家 女士们先生们
Thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen,
-还要特别感谢… -来嘛
– and my personal thanks… – Come on.
你只需要转个身
All you have to do is turn around.
我以为你更喜欢这个姿势呢
I thought you liked it better like this.
这样你就不用看着对方了
That way you don’t have to look at the person.
真刻薄
Mean.
考虑到时间问题 我会尽量…
Considering the hour, I’ll try to keep…
看着我
Look at me.
首先 我想谢谢大家今晚前来
First of all, I want to thank all of you for coming out tonight
支持大主教…
to support the Archbishop…
走吧 我们去找个你能抽烟的酒吧
Come on, let’s go find a bar you can still smoke in.
谢谢邀请
Thanks for the invite,
但我并没有很喜欢一♥夜♥情♥
but I don’t like one-night stands all that much.
我们约会了几个月
We saw each other for months.
那就是一♥夜♥情♥ 马丁
It was a one-night stand, Marty.
只不过是持续了几个月
It just lasted six months.
谢谢你 约翰
Thank you, John.
我不得不说
Well, I must say
从今早的告解后 我还没见过
I haven’t seen this many lawyers and politicians
这么多律师和政客聚集在一处
gathered together in one place since confession this morning.
公众不可能容忍♥给一个
There is no way the People are gonna tolerate
理应要判上二十年至终生监禁的渣滓金钱赔偿
a monetary award to a cockroach who deserves 20 to life.
他也许是你的当事人
He may be your client,
但乔伊·皮内罗是个实打实的重罪犯
but Joey Pinero is a hard-case felon.
贩毒 敲诈勒索 洗钱
Dealing, racketeering, money-laundering,
-谋杀未遂 -你说”被指控”了吗 扬西
– attempted murder. – Did you say “alleged,” Yancy?
我没听见你说…你听见他说”被指控”了吗
I didn’t hear you say… Did you hear him say “alleged”?
皮内罗先生从没被定过罪
Mr. Pinero has never been convicted of anything.
警方袭击了他 任由他在雪地里流血
Cops jumped him, left him bleeding in the snow.
他能活下来是个奇迹
It’s a miracle he survived.
话虽如此 我不反对和解
Having said that, I’m not opposed to a settlement.
一百五十万 加上皮内罗得离开这个州
1.5 million, and Pinero leaves the state.
你不能限制一个公民住在他想住的地方的权利
You can’t limit a citizen’s right to live wherever he wants to.
法律上讲 这不能强制执行
Legally, that’s unenforceable.
无论能否强制执行 或者当成君子协定
Whether or not it’s enforceable or just a gentlemen’s agreement,
皮内罗先生能知道我们的要求
Mr. Pinero will know what we want.
得到你想要的答案了
Get the answer you’re looking for.
我们就别继续坐着闲聊了 真是幸会
Don’t sit around and chat. It’s been a pleasure.
你比你代表的暴徒更无良
You’re worse than the fucking thugs you represent.
够了 巴德 已经结束了
That’s enough, Bud. It’s over.
显然 我得跟他说一下这个提议
Obviously, I’ve got to run this by him.
你拿40%的佣金 马丁
You’re on 40% commission, Marty.
我很确信你的提议会被采纳
I have nothing but confidence your recommendation will prevail.
谢谢你 约翰
Thank you, John.
我的手
My hand!
见鬼
Oh, shit.
韦尔先生
Mr. Vail.
你好啊
How you doing?
曲子不错
Nice tune.
他们怎么说
So, what’d they say?
一百五十万 要就接受 不要拉倒
Take it or leave it all for 1.5 million.
肖尼西亲口说的
From Shaughnessy himself.
你觉得呢
What do you think?
我觉得我们应该接受
I think we should take it,
除非你想把接下来两年
unless you want to spend the next two years of your life
花在上诉上
tied up in appellate court.
-去他妈的才不要 接受吧 -好的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!