安全
Safe.
哦 那些混♥蛋♥
Oh, those mongrels.
总是破坏一切 不是吗?
Always spoil everything, don’t they?
刷我的头发 好吗?
Brush my hair, will you?
告诉我你的日子
Tell me about your day.
你想知道什么 妈妈?
What would you like to know, mother?
哦 一切你的日子是我的一天
Oh, everything. Your day is my day.
我看不到任何人 只有女仆
I see no one, only the maid.
感觉如何?
How’s that feel?
可爱
Lovely.
哦 你刷得很漂亮
Oh, you brush beautifully.
今天妈妈 我看见一个男人…
Well, today mother, I saw a man…
租人!
Rent man!
-哦 哦 是你 劳里先生 -好像抓到你了
-Oh, oh, it’s you, Mr Lowry. -Seem to have caught you there.
维拉 劳里先生来了!
Vera, Mr Lowry’s here!
男人?
A man?
-是的 -什么样的男人?
-Yes. -What kind of a man?
我看见一个人在洗澡
I saw a man having a bath.
-洗澡? -是的
-A bath? -Yes.
-那里怎么样? -血腥的黑暗
-What’s it like down there? -Bloody dark.
维拉!劳里先生来了!
Vera! Mr Lowry’s here!
他是阿格克罗夫特·科利里煤矿工人
He was a coal miner at Agecroft Colliery.
他的妻子不会让他在不干净的房♥子里
His wife wouldn’t let him in the house unclean.
五先令 小姐
Five shilling, miss.
劳里先生 我们这周有点矮个子
Mr Lowry, we’re a bob short this week.
哦 是吗?哦 对了 嗯 今年已经两次了
Oh, are you? Oh, right. Well, that’s twice isn’t it this year.
对不起 没时间了 斯坦利吧?
I’m sorry. Couldn’t get the hours, could you Stanley?
-不能从石头里抽血 -你在干什么?
-Can’t get blood out of stone. -What are you doing?
我那的毛巾呢?
Where’s me bloody towel?
真恶心
How disgusting.
哦 你在索尔福德看到的景点
Oh, the sights you see in Salford.
有妈妈在里面有她的茶
There’s mother having her tea inside.
我跟你说话的时候回来 你要去哪里?
Come back here when I’m talking to you, where you going?
世界将走向什么?
What’s the world coming to?
那种你必须去拜访乞丐信仰的异教♥徒♥
The type of heathens you have to visit beggars belief.
-我不介意 -你应该介意
-I don’t mind. -You should mind.
啊 妈妈 看到别人的生活 这是信息 是生命
Ah, it’s, it’s informative seeing how others live, mother. It’s lives.
– 生活是的 -不 这是真实的生活
-Sordid life. -No, it’s real life.
这都是照片的一部分 妈妈
It’s all part of the picture, mother.
人们就像猴子 他们中的大多数
People are like monkeys, most of them.
猜猜我今天还看到了什么?
Guess what else I saw today?
我不想猜
I don’t want to guess.
-让我告诉你 -没有
-Let me tell you. -No.
今天
Today…
我看见一个女人…
I saw a woman…
-女人? -是的
-A woman? -Yes.
什么样的女人?
What kind of woman?
一个女人 乘公共汽车
A woman… taking a ride on a bus.
那有什么不寻常的?
So what’s so unusual about that?
她有胡子
She had a beard.
你看见一个留着胡子的女人?
You saw a woman with a beard?
是的!
Yes!
胡须
Whiskers.
胡须?
Whiskers?
哇…?她戴胡须是为了什么?
Whi…? What was she wearing whiskers for?
不知道 没问她
No idea. Didn’t ask her.
为什么不呢?
Why not?
不礼貌 妈妈
It’s not polite, mother.
-但是 它是可拆卸的吗? -可拆卸?
-But, was it detachable? -Detachable?
是的!可拆卸 弹性 她要穿花哨的衣服吗?
Yes! Detachable, elasticated. Was she going to a fancy dress do?

No.
那她在公共场合留胡子干什么?
Then what was she wearing a beard in public for?
嗯 她正在成长
Well she was growing it.
这合法吗?
Is that legal?
假定如此
Presume so.
是真的吗?
Was it real?
是的
Yes.
-她的胡子是真的 -很干净?
-Her beard was real. -And it was clean?
它被梳理到完美
It was combed to perfection.
她有尊严
She had a dignity.
高贵
A nobleness.
接受她是谁
An acceptance of who she was.
我发现她…
I found her rather…
…美丽
…beautiful.
真恶心
How disgusting.
你让我大吃一惊
You amaze me.
你说的话 你看到的东西…
The things you say, the things you see…
难怪你从没有女朋友
no wonder you’ve never had a girlfriend.
这和什么事无关
That’s got nothing to do with anything.
是的 是的
Yes it has.
你发现别人没有一样美丽的东西
You find things beautiful nobody else does.
我在信封的背面画了一张她的素描 你想看吗?
I did a sketch of her on the back of an envelope, would you like to see it?
那里
There.
不 我没有
No. I do not.
我对生活的畸形不感兴趣
I’ve no interest in life’s deformities.
母亲 想也许有一天会画她
Mother. Thought might like to paint her one day.
捕捉她的肖像 让别人看到
Capture her likeness for others to see.
这个女人属于马戏团的怪人表演 而不是相框
The woman belongs in a circus freak show, not in a picture frame.
多尴尬
How embarrassing.
为什么你不能画一些风景如画的东西?
Why can’t you paint something picturesque?
你知道 有味道的吗?
You know, something tasteful?
妈妈 你到底建议我画什么?
What exactly do you suggest that I paint, mother?
一碗水果将是一个很大的进步
Bowl of fruit would be a great improvement.
人们喜欢看好东西
People like to see nice things.
花对每个人都有吸引力
Flowers appeal to everyone.
静生
Still life.
苹果 橘子 一串葡萄…
Apples, oranges, bunch of grapes…
几个梨
A few pears.
香蕉 堆得很高
Bananas. Piled high.
哦 不 别傻了
Oh no, don’t be ridiculous.
我的画是…
My paintings are…
它们不仅仅是工厂、工厂和街道的照片 母亲
They’re not just pictures of factories, mills, and streets, mother.
每扇窗户 每一块砖 每一个色彩 都是…
Every window, every brick, every stroke of colour, it’s…
它由我组成
It’s made up of me.
我必须这么做 妈妈
I have to do it, mother.
我不得不放下一切
I’m compelled to put down everything.
你应该去拜访米尔斯博士
You should visit Dr Mills.
你头脑不好
You’re not right in the head.
控制自己
Control yourself.

When…
看看我什么时候…
See when I’m…
当我穿过索尔福德的街道时
When I’m walking through Salford streets,
收集轮 人们的租金
collecting the rounds, people’s rent,
我觉得我需要捕捉一种生活方式 妈妈
I feel that I need to capture a way of life, mother.
你看 我们的世界
You see… our world.
真♥相♥
The truth.
你怎么敢?
How dare you?
真♥相♥与生活在彭德伯里无关
The truth has nothing to do with living in Pendlebury.
我们的世界在别处 回到我们不得不离开维♥多♥利♥亚♥公♥园♥的房♥子里
Our world is elsewhere, back in the house we had to leave in Victoria Park.
我们来到这里…你父亲买♥♥不起…
We came here… your father couldn’t afford…
…我们住在别的地方他辜负了我们
…for us to live anywhere else. He failed us.
劳丽 他辜负了我
Laurie, he failed me.
那是几年前的事了 妈妈
It was years ago, mother.
我属于维♥多♥利♥亚♥公♥园♥
I belonged in Victoria Park.
一个有淀粉白领的地方
A place with starched white collars.
和薰衣草肥皂的气味在人们的皮肤上
And the scent of lavender soap on people’s skin.
这是一个不同的世界
It’s a different world.
我不能忍♥受丑陋
I cannot abide ugliness.
我没有宪法
I haven’t the constitution for it.
我这辈子从没踏过磨坊
I’ve never stepped near the mill in my life.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!