它怎么跑到这里来的?
Your father found it stuffed under the couch.
你♥爸♥爸在沙发底下发现了它
I think you mean in between the couch cushions?
我想你是说在沙发垫之间吧?
Hm. Wanna talk about it? – Not really.
想谈谈吗? – 不太想
You should go. It’ll be fun.
你应该去 会很好玩的
I’m not so sure about that.
这我可不太确定
Orion, bud, I get it.
猎户星 孩子 我明白
These kind of things can be scary.
这些事情可能会让你感到害怕
But that’s the thing. It’s okay to be nervous.
不过事实就是 感到紧张没什么
More than okay, in fact. It’s normal.
不只没什么 这其实很正常
The trick is not to let your fear get in the way of living your life.
诀窍是不要让恐惧妨碍你的生活
It’s true.
是真的
Otherwise, I never would’ve proposed.
不然我也没法和你妈妈求婚
Sometimes, you just have to feel the fear and do it anyway.
有时候 你要感受恐惧 但勇敢行动
I love my parents, and I appreciate
我爱我的父母 我很感激
what they’re trying to do, but…
他们所做的一切 但是…
that is, without question, the worst advice I’ve ever heard.
毫无疑问 那是我听过最糟糕的建议
It looks like this is the end of the line for us, guys.
看来这是终点了 伙计们
Oh, no. This is terrible.
哦不 这太糟糕了
This cartoon is completely unrealistic.
这部漫画一点都不现实
Recyclable items do not have eyes or personalities.
可回收物品没有眼睛也没有人格
They do not go on adventures. I don’t appreciate being condescended to.
他们不会去冒险 我不喜欢被人当小孩的感觉
Real life is way more complicated than that.
现实生活比这复杂多了
And reincarnation is wishful thinking. – Wow!
转世投胎根本是痴心妄想 – 哇哦!
For plastic containers and people.
不管是塑料容器还是人
In real life, when you’re dead, you’re dead.
在现实生活中 你要是死了 就彻底死了
The realization that there’s no way around it terrifies me.
意识到没有办法解决这个问题 让我感到害怕
I try to imagine what death is like. I’ve concluded it’s like nothing.
我试着想象死亡是什么样子 我的结论是它就像虚无
I try to imagine nothing. This is black and silent, not nothing.
我试着想象虚无的样子 这是黑暗和寂静 而不是虚无
Blackness and silence is something.
黑暗和寂静是真实存在的
Nothing is perhaps the one unimaginable thing.
虚无却让人无法想象
Orion!
猎户星!
Bedtime.
该睡觉了
All tucked in? – Yes.
掖好被子了吗? – 好了
Teeth brushed?
刷牙了吗?
All right, buddy. Sleep well.
好了 宝贝 晚安
Goodnight, Orion.
晚安 猎户星
Uh… Wait!
等等!
Um, how about a quick bedtime story?
可以给我讲个小小的睡前故事吗?
You know,
就像
for old times’ sake.
我小时候那样
Orion, we’ve talked about this.
猎户星 我们谈过这事了
Here’s a good one. Nice and weighty. Perfect for bedtime.
这个不错 又好看又够厚 非常适合睡前阅读
Um, I’m not sure we have the time for David Foster Wallace tonight.
我不确定我们今晚有时间 读大卫·福斯特·华♥莱♥士♥的书
Okay.
好吧
You know, we’ll always be here for you, Orion.
我们永远都在你身边 猎户星
But please, stay in bed tonight? Mom and I need our sleep.
不过今晚乖乖睡觉好吗? 我和妈妈要睡了
Okay, I will. But…
好的 我会的 但是…
could you at least leave the door open tonight?
至少今晚可以把门开着吗?
All right, bud. Say when.
好吧 孩子 你看要开多大
Okay. A little more open?
好的 再大一点?
Here okay?
这里可以吗?
Actually, a little more.
还要再多一点
Here? – Good! Yes!
这里呢? – 不过!很好!
Actually, just a tad bit more?
呃, 还是再开一点点?
Thanks. – Goodnight, sweetie.
谢谢 – 晚安, 宝贝
Goodnight, son. – Night, Mom. Night, Dad.
晚安 宝贝 – 晚安 爸爸妈妈
Okay. This isn’t so bad.
好了 这也没那么可怕
I take it back!
当我没说!
This is bad! Very, very bad! It’s literally the worst!
这很可怕!太可怕了! 没什么比这更可怕了!
Because of all the things I’m afraid of,
因为我最最害怕的
I’m most afraid of the dark.
就是黑暗
《猎户星和黑漆漆》
Oh, no.
不好了
It’s an old house. Houses settle.
这是一座老房♥子 容易下沉
Nothing to worry about.
没什么好担心的
My parents have work in the morning. They need their rest.
我的父母早上要上班 他们需要休息
Can’t I just put myself in their shoes for once?
我就不能设身处地 为他们着想一次吗?
No! No, no, no, no! No!
不!不不不不!不!
Curse you, darkness!
我诅咒你 黑暗!
What cruel aberrations hide within your inky cloak of… darkness?
在你那如墨水般的…黑暗斗篷里 隐藏着什么残酷的阴谋?
Why can’t you just leave me alone?
你怎么总要来烦我?
Alone… Alone…
烦我…烦我…
Okay! That’s it! I’ve had it with you!
好了!够了!我真是受够你了!
Every single night with the constant screaming
每天晚上不停地尖叫
and the carrying on and whatnot!
一直吵个不停
Seven nights a week, 365 nights a year.
每周七晚 一年三百六十五晚
It’s nonstop!
没完没了!
What are you? – Isn’t that obvious?
你是什么? – 这不是明摆着吗?
The room’s dark. It’s dark out. Hello? I’m Dark. Ta-da!
房♥间里很黑 外面也很黑 还不懂吗? 我就是黑漆漆 嗒哒!
There it is again.
又来了
You know, there are a lot of people that are scared of me.
有很多人害怕我
But you, you’re on a whole different level.
可你… 你的害怕方式可真是与众不同
Of all the kids who are terrified of the dark,
在所有害怕黑暗的孩子中
you are by far the loudest,
你是我见过的最吵
the most obnoxious, and frankly, the most hurtful.
最令人讨厌 坦白说 也是最伤人的
And that’s no small feat.
这可不是一件小事
You’ve got some pretty healthy competition.
也有些孩子跟你不相上下
Check it out.
看看吧
Millions of people are afraid of the dark.
数百万人害怕黑暗
You’re keeping a list? – Yes, I’m keeping a list.
你把他们都列了出来? – 没错 我当然要记下来
Do you know how many kids are afraid of me?
你知道有多少孩子怕我吗?
It’s giving me a complex.
这让我感觉很复杂
This is just volume one, by the way.
顺便说一句 这只是第一卷
Dark doesn’t exist! Dark doesn’t exist!
黑漆漆并不存在!
Then why are you having a conversation with me?
那你为什么在跟我说话?
You know what I mean. Dark is simply the absence of light.
你明白我在说什么 黑暗是因为没有光
Not a stupid cartoon character.
并不是什么愚蠢的卡♥通♥人物
Here we go.
又来了
Look, you humans have always had weird ways of conceptualizing me.
听着 你们人类总是用各种 奇怪的方式把我具象化
I’m not listening to you. You know why? Because you’re not real!
我不听你说话 你知道为什么吗? 因为你不是真实的!
Oh, I’m very real.
哦 我真实的很
Here, check it out. I even made a little movie about myself.
看好了 我还拍了一部 关于自己的小♥电♥影♥
You know, to offer a different perspective on darkness.
让你们看看什么才是真正的黑暗
It’s kind of a passion project.
这算是我的兴趣爱好
Dark has existed for over five hundred million years,
黑漆漆已经存在了五亿多年
since early life on Earth developed light-sensitive proteins.
自从地球上的早期生命 进化出光敏蛋白质以来便已存在
“剧终” “导演:黑漆漆”
“旁白:维尔纳·赫尔佐格” “字幕:索尔·巴斯”
So?
怎么样?
You didn’t like it.
你不喜欢
I’m just trying to offer up some food for thought.
我只是想做些引人深思的内容
Everyone is against me. It didn’t get into Sundance.
人人都反对 它没能入围圣丹斯电影节
And it’s so much better than half of the movies there.
这比一半入围的电影都好看得多
It’s such a boys’ club.
真是充满了歧视
I mean, it’s good. It’s a little short, though,
我觉得还不错 就是有点短
for someone who’s been around for over five hundred million years.
特别是对一个已经存在了 五亿多年的人来说
But, you know, concise is good.
不过 其实 短小也没什么不好
Listen, I didn’t ask to be a supernatural entity
听着 我可没要求成为 超自然存在物
that evokes dread and despair.
到处引发恐惧与绝望
I’m just a regular guy
我只是个普普通通的
trying to do my job.
打工人
But people always pick on me.
但人们总是针对我
Truth is, almost everyone is scared of me.
事实上 几乎所有人都害怕我
Or hates me.
讨厌我
Or thinks I’m evil.
或是认为我很邪恶
Some people think I’m nothing. Hurts a guy.
有些人认为我什么都不是 这让我很伤心
Look, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to…
对不起 我不是故意要…
No, it’s okay.
算了 没什么
You know, and I-I like people. That’s the thing.
其实 我喜欢人类 这是真的
It’s just that so much of how you see yourself
只是从别人的眼里看到的自己
is through the eyes of others, you know?
真让我难过 你明白吗?