1900年2月14日星期六
一群来自亚普莉亚德学院的女学生
在维多利亚州马其顿山 附近的海茵悬崖郊游
整个下午
好几名成员无缘无故失踪
我们所看到的
What we see…
似乎我们所看到的
…and what we seem…
都是一个梦
…are but a dream.
梦中之梦
A dream within a dream.
根据约翰·林德西同名小说改编
当夜色临近 来见我吧 爱人
‘Meet me, love, when day is ending.’
我爱你 名门的优雅
‘I love thee for thy highborn grace,
还有你深邃的眼神
‘Thy deep and lustrous eye,
你甜美深远的表情
‘For the sweet meaning of thy brow,
还有你高贵的举止
‘and for thy bearing so high.’

Six

and seven

and eight

and nine

and ten
十一
and eleven.
我爱你
‘I love thee
并不因为你美丽的头发
‘Not because thou art fair,
如绒毛般柔软 如天空般光滑
‘Softer than down, smoother than air,
也不是因为你深深眼窝中
‘Nor for the cupids that do lie
丘比特的神箭
‘In either corner of thine eye.
你知道到底是什么原因吗
‘Wouldst thou then know what it might be?
因为我爱你 正如你爱我一般
‘Tis I love thee ’cause thou lov’st me.’
萨拉 总有一天你一定会和我一起回家
Someday, Sara, you shall have to come home with me to the station.
去昆士兰
To Queensland.
亲自见见我可爱有趣的家人
And meet my sweet, funny family for yourself.
你愿意吗
Would you like that?
萨拉 除此之外
You must learn to love…
你还必须学会热爱其他人
…someone else apart from me, Sara.
我不会在这里呆很久
I won’t be here much longer.
你认为怎样
What do you think?
米兰达 有人鼓起勇气送给
Miranda, somebody had the nerve to send Miss McCraw
迈克劳小姐一张卡片
a card on squared paper
房♥子充满了小数点的座标纸上
covered with tiny sums.
姑娘们 姑娘们
Girls! Girls!
除非你们用更加优雅的
Unless you all deport yourselves with rather more grace
能发出更小声音的方式下课
and considerably less noise,
否则亚普莉亚德太太今天就不会
Mrs Appleyard will see to it
让你们去海茵悬崖郊游
that none of you go to Hanging Rock today.
早上好 鲁姆莉小姐
Bonjour, Miss Lumley.
早上好 波蒂尔斯小姐
Good morning, Mademoiselle de Poitiers.
我相信亚普莉亚德太太
I believe Mrs Appleyard has decided
已经决定不让你去郊游 萨拉
you’re not to go on the picnic, Sara.
那意味着我们俩都不能去
That makes two of us.
你可以走了
Off you go!
为圣瓦伦丁干杯
To St Valentine!
“雅克兄弟” 又译为”两只老虎”
Frere Jacques, Frere Jacques, Dormez vous…
-她今天想学代数 -今天
-She wants algebra today. -Today?
-早上好 姑娘们 -早上好 亚普莉亚德太太
-Good morning, girls. -Good morning, Mrs Appleyard.
年轻的女士们
Well, young ladies,
天气对我们非常的照顾
we are indeed fortunate in the weather
很适合我们 今天去海茵悬崖郊游
for our picnic to Hanging Rock.
我已经通知波蒂尔斯小姐了
I have instructed Mademoiselle
如果今天暖和的话 穿过伍邓德的时候
that as the day is likely to be warm, you may remove your gloves
你们可以脱掉手套
once the drag has passed through Woodend.
你们要在岩石上 吃光带去郊游的食物
You will partake of luncheon at the picnic grounds near the rock.
我再次提醒你们 那块岩石非常的危险
Once again let me remind you that the rock itself is extremely dangerous
因此
and you are therefore forbidden
切不可顽皮地探险
any tomboy foolishness in the matter of exploration,
哪怕是在非常低的斜坡上
even on the lower slopes.
我还要提醒你们 附近的居民说那里有毒蛇
I also wish to remind you the vicinity is renowned for its venomous snakes
以及不同种类的毒蚁
and poisonous ants of various species.
总之 你们要在星期一写一篇
It is, however, a geological marvel,
有关地质方面的随笔
on which you will be required to write a brief essay on Monday morning.
就说到这了
That is all.
祝你们玩的开心 一定要留心自己的礼仪
Have a pleasant day, and try to behave yourselves
要给学院树立风范
in a manner to bring credit to the college.
哈西先生 哈西先生
Mr Hussey! Mr Hussey!
我希望你 迈克劳小姐和玛德莫瑟莉
I shall expect you back, Miss McCraw and Mademoiselle, at about eight
晚上8前回来参加烛光晚宴
for a light supper.
来吧 姑娘们
Come, girls.
亚普莉亚德女子教育学院
这样对我们实在太好了
This we do for pleasure
我们可以短暂地 任由毒蛇和毒蚁处置
so that we may shortly be at the mercy of venomous snakes and poisonous ants.
人类到底有多笨
How foolish can human creatures be?
就在那 女士们海茵悬崖
There she is, ladies. Hangin’ Rock.
穆♥罕♥默♥德♥来到了此山中 哈西来到了悬崖上
The mountain comes to Mohammed. A hanging rock comes to Mr Hussey.
她有500英尺高
More than 500 feet high she is.
是火山言有数千年的历史
Volcanic, of course. Thousands of years old.
哈西先生 她差不多有一百万年的历史
A million years old, Mr Hussey, or thereabouts.
是的 没错
Yes, well, of course that’d be right.
数千年 数百万年
Thousands, millions.
从某种意义上说 有种非常悠久的历史
Devil of a long time, anyway, in a manner of speaking.
实际上是 就一百万年前 最近一次火山爆发造成的
Only a million years ago. Quite a recent eruption, really.
马其顿峰周围的岩石
The rocks all around Mount Macedon itself
至少有350万年的历史
must be all of 350 million years old.
硅质熔岩
Siliceous lava…
被迫从地下深处
…forced up from deep down below.
在非常胶粘的状态下挤压
Soda trachytes extruded in a highly viscous state,
形成了我们现在所看到的 陡峭多棱的山脉
building the steep-sided mametons we see in Hanging Rock.
坦白讲 她的历史非常年轻 才一百万年
And quite young, geologically speaking. Barely a million years.
一百万年来就是为了等我们
Waiting a million years… just for us.
还要蛋糕吗 迈克尔
More cake, Michael?
不用了 谢谢 阿姨 我
No, thank you, Aunt. l’m…
我想四处走走
I think I’ll just, um, stretch my legs a bit.
哦 别走太远 小心点
Oh, don’t go too far… and be careful.
可能有蛇
There could be snakes.
-你还好吗 -还好
-How’s it going? -All right.
他们吃完东西了吗
They finished eating, have they?

Pardon?
上校和他太太
The colonel and the missus.
-他们吃完东西了吗 -哦 是的 吃完了
-They finished eating, have they? -Oh, yes, they have.
我想马上就上去 收拾干净
Expect me up there in a minute, I suppose. Clear away.
-中午不可能 -是的
-Can’t be more’n midday. -No.
我想我吃中饭早了点
I thought it was a little early for lunch myself.
是的
Yeah.
要喝吗
Drink?
谢谢
Thank you.
你知道 他们肯定允许我推迟一个小时过去
You know, they always allow an hour longer than it takes to get ‘ere,
然后他们就直接离去
and then they got ‘ere straight away.
谢谢
Thanks.

Ta!
倒不是他们没事可做
Not that they got anything else to do.
我是说 他们从不毫无理由地出来散步
I mean, they never go for a walk or nothing.
快点 快
Get on! Come on!
为圣瓦伦丁干杯 为圣瓦伦丁干杯
To St Valentine! To St Valentine!
我希望你已经学会了你的诗 萨拉
I hope you have learned your poetry, Sara.
坐直来 孩子
Sit up straight, child.
肩膀挺直 不然你会驼背的
Hold your shoulders back. You’re getting a dreadful stoop.
诗歌♥有背熟吗
Well, have you got your lines by heart?
有吗
Well, have you?
我背不了 背诗一点意义也没有
I can’t. It doesn’t make sense.
意义 你这小傻瓜
Sense? You little ignoramus!
很显然 你不了解
Evidently you don’t know
菲利西娅·海曼斯夫人 她是英国诗人中
that Mrs Felicia Heymans is considered one of the finest
最为有名的一个
of our English poets.
我背熟了诗歌♥的另外一部分
I know another piece of poetry by heart.
它有很多诗节 比”金星的毁灭”还多
It has ever so many verses, much more than ‘The Wreck of the Hesperus’.
是吗

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
前一篇文章博物馆奇妙夜2
下一篇文章宵禁
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!