I would ask you to remember, please,
去郊游的剩下3名成员
that of the three remaining lost members of the party,
还没有任何消息
there is, as yet, no trace.
愿意和我一起研究吗 鲁姆莉小姐
Would you come with me to my study, please, Miss Lumley?
你可以继续了 玛德莫瑟莉
You may carry on, Mademoiselle.
好消息 亚普莉亚德夫人
Wonderful news, Mrs Appleyard.
别傻了 女士
Don’t be so foolish, woman!
如果他们只有一个没找到呢
If all of them had been found but only one?
这会更加的糟糕 非常的糟糕
This makes it worse. Far worse.
这个悲剧已经过去一周了
This tragedy is little more than a week old
已经有3对父母 写信告诉我说
and already three-three, mark you-sets of parents have written
他们的女儿下学期不会来了
advising me that their daughters will not be here next term.
现在 报社更是对此加油添醋
Now the newspapers have something further to sensationalise about.
全世界的报纸都在头条
Newspapers all over the world have headlined
刊登了这条不幸的消息
our morbid affair, Miss Lumley.
我想 你已经意识到了
I mean, you realise that, I suppose.
那3个性格内向的学生
The three who have been withdrawn,
加上3个在悬崖上失踪的
plus the three still missing on the rock…
是2个 亚普莉亚德夫人现在只有2个
Two, Mrs Appleyard, only two now.
我相信厄玛一定会康复的
l’m quite sure Irma will be coming back.
总共是6个 鲁姆莉小姐 下学期不会来了
That makes six, Miss Lumley… will not be with us next term.
另外 有几个的学费 可能会过期延付
In addition, there are several sets of tuition fees impossibly overdue.
比如萨拉·维伯尼
Sara Waybourne, for instance.
大多数非常轻率
Most inconsiderate,
如果我可以这样说的话 亚普莉亚德夫人
if I may say so, Mrs Appleyard.
是的
Yes.

Well, I…
我希望我们会 挺过这个困难的时期
I expect we shall see our way through somehow.
不过我不想挽留你
Don’t let me detain you, Miss Lumley,
我想你马上要上课了
you have a class in a few minutes, I believe.
毕业班的刺绣课
Senior needlework.
叫那个维伯尼女孩进来见我
Just ask the Waybourne girl to come in to see me, please.
午饭后可能更方便点
After luncheon will be convenient.
好的 亚普莉亚德夫人
Yes, Mrs Appleyard.
噢 还有 鲁姆莉小姐
Oh, and Miss Lumley.
你最好禁止学生谈论
Do your best to forbid any idle and morbid gossip
这次灾难性的悲剧
about this whole wretched business.
好的 亚普莉亚德夫人 我会的
Yes, Mrs Appleyard. I will.
真少见
Remarkable. Hmm.
在灌木丛中呆了一周 没有受惊
A week out in the bush
暴晒 更为糟糕的了
and nothing more serious than shock and exposure.
真是少见
Extraordinary!
没有骨骼破损
No bones broken.
脸部和手部有一些伤口和瘀伤
Some cuts and bruises to the face and hands.
尤其是手部
To the hands especially.
刮伤得严重
Quite scratched.
手指甲全都破了
The fingernails are all torn and broken.
还有其他几处非常寻常的特征
There are several other unusual features.
她的头刮伤非常严重
Her head is quite badly bruised.
可能产生脑震荡
Probable concussion.
可能被殴打过
A blow, maybe?
或者摔倒过
Or a fall?
不过若是摔倒的话
But then if she fell…
为什么身体其他部位没有痕迹
…why is the rest of the body unmarked?
毫无污点
It’s quite unblemished.
还有脚部也没有污点 真是奇怪
And the feet, too, are quite unmarked, which is very strange
她被人发现时 甚至没有穿鞋和袜子
as she was not wearing shoes or stockings when she was found.
我们在岩石上 没有发现它们的痕迹
We found no trace of them up on the rock.
她还是处子之身
She’s quite intact.
我真的无法知道上面到底发生什么事
l’d give my head to know what really happened up there.
她还是完璧之身
She’s quite intact.
什么事情 姑娘
What is it, my girl?
夫人 是厄玛小姐的东西
Well, ma’am, it’s Miss Irma.
是吗
Yes?
这是她的衣服
Well, it’s about her clothing.
到底什么事 亲爱的
What is it, my dear?
我不知道是否有人告诉过那个军士
Well, I didn’t know whether the sergeant should be told.
没有 没有胸衣
There’s… there’s no corset.
厄玛的胸衣不见了
Miss Irma’s corset. It’s missing.
你做的对 亲爱的 可能没人会对那个感兴趣
You did right, my dear. It can’t possibly be of any interest.
还有很多疑案没解决
Any number of unsolved murders there are.
比如 那个杀人碎尸的杰克
Take… Take Jack the Ripper, for instance.
自然 警方还会上去调查的
The police are up there again, naturally.
多得像苍蝇
Thick as flies.
据说有人看见离那岩石
Someone reported seeing a light flashing around a pigsty
一英里远的猪舍中 有灯光闪动
on a place about a mile from the rock.
有些问题可以解决 有些解决不了
There’s some questions got answers and some haven’t.
不一定有更多可以 直接解决的问题
No. There’ll be a solution turn up directly, more’n likely.
是绑♥架♥吧
A kidnapping.
你知道 类似那样的事
Or, you know, something like that.
她们可能掉入了一个山洞中
They might have fallen down a hole.
不 不 应该有某种办法解决的
No, no. There’s a solution somewhere, all right.
一定有的
There’s gotta be.
过来 过来
Come over here.
到这来
Come on. Over here.
年轻人 你知道世上有会动的植物吗
Did you know, lad, there are some plants that can move?
不知道
No.
鲁姆莉小姐说您想见我 亚普莉亚德夫人
Miss Lumley said you wanted to see me, Mrs Appleyard.
没错
That is correct.
进来吧
Come in.
请关上门
Close the door, please.
我给你的监护人科斯格罗夫先生 写了几封信 萨拉
I have written several letters to your guardian, Mr Cosgrove, Sara,
但是我一直都没有收到回音
but I have not been favoured with a reply thus far.
实际上 自我收到上封信已经6个月了
In fact, it is all of six months since I have received a letter…
或者说是支票
…or a cheque.
因此 我只好取消你的另外收费项目
I, therefore, have no alternative but to cancel all your extras.
这意味着 到现在为止
This means that, as of today,
你不能再上舞蹈和绘画课了
you can no longer partake in dancing or drawing lessons.
除非你的未付费用 在复活节前付清
And unless all your outstanding fees are paid by Easter,
否则 我只好另做安排了
l’m afraid we shall have to make other arrangements.
你明白我的意思吗 萨拉
You know what that means, don’t you, Sara?
你将必须离开
You will have to go away.
有很多可以安置像你这种情况的女孩的
There are places for girls in your predicament.
公共机构
Institutions.
现在你可以走了
Now off you go.
萨拉
Sara.
萨拉 你怎么啦
Sara! What’s wrong with you?
不舒服吗
Are you feeling ill?
除非脑子有问题的人
People don’t sit on cold steps
要不没有人会坐在黑暗而冰冷的台阶上
in the dark unless they’re weak in the head.
你已经听到铃♥声♥了 去洗手吃晚餐吧
You heard the bell. Go and wash for supper.
你不饿吗
Aren’t you hungry?
那你还是直接去睡觉吧
Then you’d best go straight to bed.
快点
Quickly.
告诉玛德莫瑟莉 我不想吃 谢谢
Tell Mam’selle I don’t want it. Thank you.
你必须吃东西 不吃会生病
But you must eat. You’ll get sick if you don’t.
我已经生病了 我吃了 就病得更加厉害
l’m sick already. If I eat that, I’ll be even sicker.
胡说 快点 萨拉小姐
Nonsense. Now come on, Miss Sara.
你知道吗 明妮
Do you know what, Minnie?
不知道 你说的是什么
No. What?
我曾在孤儿院呆过
I was in an orphanage once.
真的吗 萨拉
Were you, Sara?
我有个弟弟
I had a brother then…
叫波蒂
…called Bertie.
我告诉保姆 我想成为马戏团的女骑手
I told the matron I wanted to be a lady circus rider
穿着漂亮的衣服骑着白马
on a white horse in a spangled dress.
她害怕我会逃跑 因此给我剃头
She was afraid l’d run away, so she shaved my head.
我咬她的胳膊流血了
I bit her arm. It bled.
因此她就用紫罗兰在我头上乱画
So she painted my head with gentian violet.
我爱你 亲爱的
I love you, darling.
我为那些孩子感到惋惜

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
前一篇文章博物馆奇妙夜2
下一篇文章宵禁
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!