烘豆
Baked beans?!
一杯冰红茶
One serving of an iced tea,
就能让你摄入将近九茶匙的糖分
you’ll end up with nearly nine teaspoons of sugar.
如果我要每天都能摄入四十茶匙的糖分
If I can achieve 40 teaspoons a day
并且还要不接触糖果或者垃圾食品
without touching perceived candy or junk food…
我的意思是 我觉得这个不太可能
I mean, I can’t quite fathom that’s possible,
但是如果我们能做到 并且观察到身上的一些变化的话
but if we can do that and see some changes,
那 确实 似乎是一件很好的事
then that’s, yeah, that seems like a pretty good story.
你的许多健康指标将向
A lot of your health markers are going to be going
坏的方向发展
in very much the wrong direction,
我很高兴听说你将有
and I’m very glad to hear that you’re gonna be having
一些医疗监督 因为我认为你将需要它
some medical supervision, ’cause I think you’re gonna need it.
家族里有患糖尿病的吗
Anyone in the family have diabetes?
-没有 -好的
-No. -OK.
-据我所知没有 -据你所知没有 好的
-Not that I know of. -Not that you know of? Good.
那么心脏病患者呢
And heart disease?
没有 他们都是瘦但结实的爱尔兰人或者法国人
No. All pretty thin and wiry Irish or French folk.
显然 我们会看一下这些血糖是否有变化
We’re going to look at how the blood sugar changes, obviously.
斯卡瑞斯肯教授
临床病理学家
墨尔本病理学家
我们已经做了可以观察到对心脏的影响的血液测试
We’ve got blood tests that can look at the effect of the heart.
但是 除了那些 我们会寻找
But, even more than that, we’re looking for the changes
存在于肝脏或者肝脏产生的脂肪中的变化
that might occur in the liver and its production of fat.
我想回到1932年 谢谢
I’d like to go to 1932, please.
完成
Done.
来了
Coming.
让我们来看看你现在有多高
Let’s just see how tall you are.
你现在有一个十分正常健康的血压
So you’ve got a really normal, healthy blood pressure…
上压121 下压79
121 over 79.
你的心率在75是很好的 所以你现在很好
Your heart rate’s pretty good at 75, so that’s pretty good.
好了 现在我将要听一下你的心跳
Alright, so, we’ll just have a listen to your heart,
听听像什么
see what it sounds like.
你知道它说什么吗 达蒙
You know what it’s saying, Damon.
不要做这么疯狂的事
Don’t do this crazy thing?
是的 我听到它确实是这么说的
Exactly. That’s exactly what I heard it saying.
我们要做的一些测试
There are some tests that we’re doing
只是为了确定
just to make sure
你没有做什么太愚蠢的事情
that you’re not doing anything too stupid here.
通常我会告诉人们不要一直吃这些东西
Usually I’m telling people not to eat all this sort of stuff,
所以
so…
我个人认为你做那些事是疯狂的
I personally think you’re insane for doing it at all.
但是 不不不 实话实说 我觉得这事太危险了
But… No, no, no, honestly. I think it’s dangerous.
但是从积极的方面说
But I guess on the plus side,
其他人都已经这么做了
everybody else is already doing it.
这就是我在实验前的健康指标
So, this is where my health stands pre-experiment.
我一天大约摄入两千三百卡路里
My total calorie intake is approximately 2,300 a day.
百分之五十的脂肪来自牛油果和坚果这样的食物
With 50% coming from good fats like avocado and nuts,
百分之二十六来自鸡蛋 肉类 或者肉类里的蛋白质
26% from protein such as eggs, meat or fish,
百分之二十四来自新鲜蔬菜中的碳水化合物
and 24% from carbohydrates like fresh vegetables.
当然这里没有精制糖
And of course there is no refined sugar.
我现在体重七十六千克
currently weigh 76kg
腰围八十四厘米
with a waist circumference of 84cm.
我的血液测试显示我肝脏十分健康
My blood tests showed a very healthy liver,
甘油三酸酯含量也很低
a very low level of triglyceride,
那是血液中的一种脂肪
which is fat in the bloodstream,
谢天谢地 没有胰岛素耐受性或糖尿病的迹象
and, thankfully, no sign of insulin resistance or diabetes.
总的来说 我的健康水平
Overall, I rated slightly healthier
比我的同龄西部男性要好
than the average Western male of my age.
实验的下一步就是去购物
The next step in the experiment was to do a shop.
为了计算那四十茶匙的糖
To calculate my 40 teaspoons,
我需要牢记
I need to keep in mind that one teaspoon
平均大约每一茶匙是四克糖
equals roughly four grams of sugar.
但是我还要谨记需要各种各样的糖
But I also need a lesson in the different types of sugar.
先生们 女士们 女孩们 男孩们
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls,
是时候来看一下我们的糖类家族了
it’s time to meet the sugar family.
当我们吃某一食物的时候 它们都会遵循一个规则
When we eat certain foods, they adhere to a rule.
他们分解成为我们人体所需的葡萄糖
They break down to glucose which our body uses for fuel.
面包 意面 蔬菜和粗粮
Breads, pasta, vegies and grain
都将会转化成我们大脑所需的葡萄糖
all turn to glucose to be used by our brain.

Ooh!
当然还有我们的细胞和组织也需要葡萄糖
But also our cells and our organs, too.
所以没有葡萄糖就没有你哦
So without any glucose there would be no you.
接下来是乳糖 她就像丝绸一样光滑
Lactose is next, and she’s as smooth as silk.
她是哺乳动物最先摄入的糖类
She’s the first sugar mammals have…
它来自母乳
it’s in their mother’s milk.
你也会在奶酪 牛奶和酸奶中发现它
You’ll find it in cheese and milk and tubs of yogurt, too.
但是你有乳糖不耐症的话 就要小心了
But take care if you’re intolerant,
吃了这些你就会不停地冲进厕所
you’ll be rushing to the loo.
现在 蔗糖是最有争议的糖
Now, sucrose is the sugar that all the fuss is about.
有些人说蔗糖是危险的 也有人说这还有待商榷
Some say it’s dangerous while others still have doubt.
蔗糖就是我们从桌上能拿到
Sucrose is the table sugar
加到我们的咖啡或者茶中的糖
we have in coffee or tea.
她可是糖类家族中的甜甜小女儿哦
She’s the sugar family’s sweet little daughter.
或不是 显然
Or not, apparently.

Ooh.
注意 这种桌上的糖 或者说蔗糖
Now, this table sugar, or sucrose,
由两种糖组成
is made up of two sugars.
它有一半是葡萄糖 糖类家族的老大 另一半是果糖
It is 50% glucose, the head of the family, plus 50% fructose.
果糖则是
Now, fructose may well be
糖果家族淘气的小伙子
the sugar family’s mischievous teenage son,
因为在过去 果糖是非常非常稀少的
because in the past this fructose was very, very rare.
如果你敢于挑战 你会从水果 蔬菜和蜂蜜里发现他
It was found in fruit and vegies and honey, if you dared.
但是现在我们可以在任何地方找到它
But now we find it everywhere!
就在我们吃的许多食品中
In so many foods we eat.
你知道你无时无刻不在摄入果糖
And you’ll always know if you’re eating fructose
因为它能让食物变甜
’cause it’s the thing that makes food sweet.
你看 人们越来越虚弱
You see, people on this planet are growing sicker every day,
许多科学家现在认为
and many scientists now believe
果糖在其中起了重要作用
that fructose has a role to play.
-嘿 嘿 -第一波
-Hey, hey! -The first load.
我们为什么不用中间这层来放糖类食物呢
Why don’t we make these middle shelves the sugar zone?
-我觉得很赞 -这里有些果汁
-I love it. -Here’s some juicy juice.
-软装果汁 宝贝儿 -嗯 是
-Juice boxes, babe. -Yep.
向上走早餐奶
Up&Go.
这就是我接下来六十天的日常
So, here are the rules for my next 60 days.
我必须每天摄入四十茶匙的糖
I must consume 40 teaspoons of sugar a day,
但是它们必须是隐藏在
but they must be hidden sugars
公认为健康食品和饮料里的糖分
found in commonly perceived healthy foods and drinks.
所以不能有汽水 巧克力 糖果和冰淇淋
So no soft drink, chocolate, confectionary or ice-cream.
这四十茶匙的糖会明确包括蔗糖
These 40 teaspoons of sugar will consist of sucrose
和果糖
and fructose specifically.
它们的存在 可以是被添加的 如果酱
They can be added, like jam, or naturally occurring,
也可以是本来就存在的 如葡萄干
like sultanas.
我必须一直选择低脂食品
I must always choose low-fat foods
并保持我之前的锻炼量
and maintain the same level of exercise as I already do.
那就是每周两次绕着我的花♥园♥跑三圈
That’s three laps of my garden twice a week
然后在室内自家健身房♥做十分钟健身
and a 10-minute workout on my homemade gym.
在室内 我的意思是说自♥制♥健身房♥
And by homemade, I mean homemade.
从明天早晨开始 你觉得怎么样
Tomorrow morning I start. What are your feelings?

Uh…
我希望你觉得不错
I hope you’re OK.
亲爱的 我们有量杯那样能测量的器皿吗
Darling, do we have a metric cup, like, to measure size?

Yep.
很好 然后 这个恰好谷物上说
Right, so, this Just Right tells me
每份有十二克糖 是吧
that it’s 12 grams of sugar per serving, right?
所以 那是
So, that’s…
把它分成四分 大概就能…
Divided by four, that’s roughly three…
每份三茶匙的糖了
three teaspoons of sugar per serving.
这是推荐用量
That’s a recommended serving size
有三茶匙的糖
with three teaspoons of sugar.
现在 我并不知道你们 但我还在长个儿呢

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!