要是我 就不会对警♥察♥说起布罗迪的
but I wouldn’t say anything to the police about Brody just yet.
事实上 我什么都不会说
As a matter of fact, I wouldn’t say anything about anything,
关于你昨晚及几天到这里来的事
that you were ever here last night or today.
甚至对你的姐姐也不会
Not even to your sister.
就只雷利知道
Just leave it to Reilly.
你的名字不是雷利
Your name isn’t Reilly.
请原谅我的冒失 我按门铃没人回应
Excuse the casual entrance. The bell didn’t answer.
盖革先生在吗?
Mr. Geiger around?
我们不知道他在哪儿
No, we don’t know just where he is.
我们看见门开着 就进来了
We found the door open and we just stepped in.
你们是他的朋友?
Friends of his?
生意而已 我们顺道来取本书
Business. We dropped in for a book,
可惜他不在
but we missed him.
有什么话要留给他吗?
Any message if he comes back?
不 我想没有 我们就不打扰你了
No, I don’t think so. We won’t bother you.
等一等
Just a minute.
这个女孩可以走 我想跟你聊几句
The girl can go. I’d like to talk to you
要是我不想和你聊呢
Suppose I don’t want to talk to you?
我有两个伙计在外面车上
I’ve got two boys outside in the car.
那就好吧
Oh! Oh, it’s like that, eh?
你走吧 宝贝
Run along, angel.
你的故事听起来 好像不大对劲
Your story didn’t sound quite right.
太糟糕了 你有没有好听点的故事?
Well, that’s too bad. You got a better one?
也许我能找到一个
Maybe I can find one.
血 好多血
Blood. Quite a lot of blood.
是吗?
Is that so?
看到了吗?- 不 我害怕那玩意儿
Do you mind? – No, I’m used to it.
我想我们 应该叫警♥察♥来
I think we’ll let the police in on this.
我们总还有点法制 – 是的 为什么不呢?
We’ll have some law – Yeah, why not?
你是谁?
Who are you, soldier?
马洛 一个私♥人♥侦♥探♥
Marlowe’s my name. I’m a private detective.
那女孩是谁?- 一个客户
Who’s the girl? – Client of mine.
盖革企图欺骗她
Geiger tried to throw a loop on her,
我们来找他谈一谈
so we came up here to talk things over.
你没有钥匙 而门正好开着
Convenient, the door being open when you didn’t have a key.
是啊 难道不是么?
Yeah, wasn’t it?
顺便问下 你怎么正好会有钥匙?
By the way, how’d you happen to have one?
这关你什么事?
Is that any of your business?
也许有关系
I could make it my business.
我可以接过你的活的
I could make your business mine.
你不会喜欢的 酬劳太少了
You wouldn’t like it. The pay’s too small.
好吧 我是房♥子的主人 盖革是我的房♥客
All right, I own this house. Geiger’s my tenant.
现在你怎么想?
Now, what do you think of it?
你认识一些好人
You know some nice people.
他们来的时候我就知道
I take ’em as they come.
有什么想法吗?- 是有一两个
You got any good ideas, soldier? – One or two.
有人射杀了盖革
Somebody gunned Geiger,
或是有人被盖革打伤了 跑掉了
or somebody got gunned by Geiger who ran away.
又或者他想吃肉
Or he had meat for dinner
喜欢在客厅里宰杀
and likes to do his butchering in the parlor.
不 这两种解释我都不喜欢
No, I don’t like it, either.
现在你最好去召唤你的伙计
Now you better call your friends downtown.
我不会的 我不想跟你玩了
I don’t get it. I don’t get your game here.
不玩了吗 马斯先生?
Don’t you, Mr. Mars?
我奇怪你为什么不问我是谁
I wondered why you didn’t ask me who I was.
你好像要告诉我 盖革有一些麻烦
You seem to be telling me Geiger was in a racket of some kind.
什么麻烦?
What racket?
我不知道 我可不是他的房♥东
I wouldn’t know. I’m not his landlord.
但是我会告诉你 错过了什么
But I’ll tell you something you missed.
今天有人清理了盖革的店
Somebody cleaned out the back of Geiger’s store today.
你说的太多了
You know, you talk too much.
你真的有同伴在外头?
You really got those boys outside?
去开门
Open the door.
你自己开 我已经有一个客户了
Open it yourself. I’ve already got a client.
没事 伙计 只是证明一下
It’s all right, boys. I’m just proving something.
既然进来了 检查一下那个家伙
While you’re here, look him over.
请原谅 – 他是谁?
Pardon me. – Who is he?
菲利普 马洛 富兰克林大街
Philip Marlowe, Hobart Arms, Franklin Street.
特殊证件 代理人徽章
Special license, deputy badge and all.
好了 出去吧
All right, outside.
私♥人♥侦♥探♥ – 他让你们出去
A shamus. – The man said outside.
他真笑死我了
He kills me.
他还好吧?- 谁 西德尼?
HEY. is he any good? – Who? Sidney?
他是皮特的随从
He’s company for Pete.
好了 马洛 接着说吧
All right, Marlowe, talk.
我不会跟你谈的 我已经有客户了
Not to you, I told you I already got a client.
谁清理了盖革的书店?
Who was it cleaned out the back of Geiger’s store?
我们已经说的够多了
It’s lots of weather we’re having.
奥林斯下雨了吗?
Did it rain over at Los Olindas?
我会让你觉得 和我聊是值得的
I might even make it worth your while to talk to me.
我也是这么想的
I might even make it worth yours.
你为什么关心 是谁清理了盖革的店呢?
What do you care who cleaned out the back of Geiger’s store?
我能让你说的 – 你已经试过了
I could make you talk. -It’s been tried.
说不说?
And?
你为什么不叫警♥察♥呢?
Why don’t you call the cops like you said you would?
我想你最好赶快离开这儿
I think you better get out of here.
顺便问一句 马斯夫人这些天好吗?
Oh, uh, by the way, how’s Mrs. Mars these days?
你在玩火 马洛
You take chances, Marlowe.
我要靠这个吃饭的
I get paid to.
你好
Yeah?
卢莱德夫人 我一直在等你的消息
Oh, hello, Mrs. Rutledge. I’ve been waiting to hear from you.
很抱歉 没什么可以告诉你的
I’m sorry. I have nothing to tell you.
她没有打电♥话♥来吗?- 没有
She didn’t call, eh? – No, she didn’t.
你拿到她要的现金了吗?
Yeah, well, um, did you get the money in case she does?
拿到了
Yes, I have the money
她一来电♥话♥我就会通知你的
and I’ll get in touch with you just as soon as she calls.
好的 我会一直在这儿等你电♥话♥的
All right, I’ll stay right here until you call.
盖革吗?
Geiger?
你说什么?
You said what?
亚瑟 盖革
Geiger? Arthur Gwynn Geiger.
勒索的那个家伙
The fellow with the blackmail racket.
我没听说过这个名字
I don’t know anybody by that name.
你是乔 布罗迪吗?- 是又如何
You’re Joe Brody? – So what?
你是乔 布罗迪
Well, so you’re Joe Brody
可你不认识盖革
and you don’t know anybody named Geiger.
太可笑了
That’s very funny.
你真有幽默感
So you’ve got a funny sense of humor, maybe.
去别的地方幽默吧
Take it away and play on it somewhere else.
乔 你拿走了盖革的东西 我有他的行骗名单
Joe, you got Geiger’s stuff. I got his sucker list.
你不认为我们应该谈一谈吗?现在!
Don’t you think we ought to talk things over? Now!
好吧 如果你想有所收获的话
All right, if you think you got something.
你一个人吗 乔?
You alone, Joe?
是的 除了这个 – 除了
Yeah. Except for this. – Except…
镇上有这么多枪
My, my, my! Such a lot of guns
却没有几个聪明人
around town and so few brains.
今天你是第二个了
You know, you’re the second guy I met today
以为手中有枪
that seems to think a gat in the hand means
就可以控制一切
the world by the tail.
把它放下吧 乔
Put it down, Joe.
另外一个家伙是 埃迪 马斯
The other guy’s name was Eddie Mars.
你听说过他吗?- 没有
You ever hear of him? – No.
如果他够聪明 去了你昨天去的地方
If he ever gets wise to where you were
你就会知道他了
last night in the rain, you’ll hear of him.
我为什么要知道埃迪马斯?
What would I be to Eddie Mars?
我也不知道
I don’t know if you don’t.
别误解了我
Look, don’t get me wrong.
我不是个恶棍 只是小心起见
I’m not a tough guy. Just careful.
你真的够小心么?
Would you careful enough?
拿走盖革的东西 就太糟糕了
That play with Geiger’s stuff was terrible.
被我看到了 你知道的
I saw that, you know.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!