本片基于真实事件和文献记录。
接下来的大部分都是真的。
哪位
Hello.
戈登,是我。Gordon. It’s me.
我打来是因为…我认为我们该见一面。
I’ve called… because I think we should meet.
我想知道你的决定。
I want to know your decision.
我想也是。
Oh, I bet you do.
同时,重要的是我们一起想办法解决这个问题,
Also, I think it’s important that you and I resolve this somehow,
让事情变得更好。
make things better.
很多时候你不能事事如意。
Sometimes you can’t have everything.
而且,我今晚有其他安排了。
Besides, I have plans tonight.
拜托? Please?
这是个关键的时刻,不止对于我们俩。
I sense this is a crucial moment, not just for us.
是对于所有人。
For us all.
你想约在哪儿?
What did you have in mind?
格拉尼塔?
Granita?
哦,那是在伊斯灵顿。
Oh, that’s… Islington.
或者我们也可以换个地方。
Or we can go somewhere else.
不不不,就那儿吧。
No, no, no. That’s fine.
但是我们得早点开始。我现在要走了。
But let’s make it early.I need to get away.
八点?
8:00?
唔…随你吧。
Um… whatever.
到时候见。
I’ll see you there.
我们该走了。
We should really get going.
来杯酒?
Would you like a glass of wine while you’re waiting?
当然- Why not?
再来份报纸?- Newspaper?
谢谢。
Thanks.
谢谢你,菲利普。
Thanks, Philippe.
昔日密友,一触即发
12年前
关于竞选就没有简单的基本议题。
Let me say this, there’s nothing trivial about the fundamental issues of this campaign.
要么,我们继续在这个保守党的政♥府♥下,
Either we carry on under a Conservative government,
要么,我们走向改变。
or else we go to the alternative,
让工党执政
and the alternative which
would be a Labour government
用一些最极端的政策
consists of the most extreme program
正如我所见过的他们在选民面前的糟糕表现
I have ever seen laid before a British electorate.
乔治亨特,SMP:
George Hunter, SMP:
2573票。
2,573.
戈登·布朗,工党:
Gordon Brown, Labour:
18515票。
18,515.
我在此宣布将担任丹佛姆林东区下院议员的是
And I hereby declare the new member for Dunfermline East
戈登·布朗
is Gordon Brown.
现在是2:30,我是ITN主播Alastair Burnett
By 2:30, ITN’s Alastair Burnett
已经可以确认,这次是保守党的胜利。
was able to confirm the Conservative victory.
工党领袖富特称这是一场悲剧。
The Labour leader, Mr Foot, called it a tragedy.
由于政党的糟糕表现,他也面临着下台的压力。
He’s under pressure to resign after his party’s disastrous showing.
这次竞选改变了英国的政♥治♥版图。
The election has changed the political map of Britain.
工党选票在英格兰南部遭到重创
Labour, decimated in Southern England,
被其工业要塞所限
is restricted to its industrial stronghold.
其他党派选票则分散得很稀疏….
The other parties are scattered thinly…
史密斯先生吩咐了要照顾好你,先生,
Mr Smith said to look after you, sir,
为你找了一个方便的办公室。
find you a handy office.
有时间吗?
Have you got a moment?
我们面临着一个办公室空间的问题。
It seems we have an accommodation problem.
戴夫·內利斯特… Dave Nellist…
来自考文垂东南区的顽固的托洛茨基分子…
Trotskyite Solidarity,Coventry South East…
和那个从塞奇菲尔德新来的小伙在同一个办公室。
has been put in an office with the new fella from Sedgefield.
这可不是个天作之合。
Not a marriage made in heaven.
绝对不是。
No.
党♥鞭♥想知道是不是能把他带到你这儿
The Chief Whip was wondering if you’d take him in here.
谁?內利斯特?
Who? Nellist?
不,另一个。
Oh, no. The other one.
带到哪儿?
Where?
你可以在桌子的另一边给他腾点地方。
You can make room on that side of the desk.
而且你总要和他分享这个地方的。
Besides, you knew you’d have to share eventually.
你会喜欢他的。
You’ll like him.
他是个律师,非常聪明。
He’s a lawyer. Very bright.
让他联♥系♥我。
Tell him to give me a call.
事实上,我已经把他带来了。
Actually, I have him here with me now.
你好,我是托尼·布莱尔。
Hi. Tony Blair.
感谢你同意让我过来。
Thanks for agreeing to this.
好了,我就把时间留给你们了。
Right. I’ll leave you to it.
谢谢你,约翰。
Thanks, John.
我喜欢这儿
Well… I like the view.
所以你做了什么惹怒了戴夫·內利斯特?
So what did you do to upset Dave Nellist?
做了什么?什么都没做
Do? Nothing.
只能说我们政♥治♥理念不同。
Let’s just say our political philosophies didn’t match.
你从伦敦来的?
From London, aren’t you?
是的,但我是在达勒姆郡长大的。
Yes. Although, originally, I was brought up in Durham.
其实我是在苏格兰出生的,
I was actually born in Scotland,
严格来说或许我更像个苏格兰人。
which, technically, I suppose, makes me Scottish.
那你呢?
What about you?
那严格来说,我也是个苏格兰人。
Technically, I’m Scottish, too.
你来自哪儿?
From?
法夫(位于苏格兰爱丁堡)
Fife.
那你的选区是在?
And your seat?
丹佛姆林东区。你是来自塞奇菲尔德?
Dunfermline East. Yours is Sedgefield, isn’t it?
是的。
Yes.
你在塞奇菲尔德也用过从政经历?
Do you have history in Sedgefield?
不,完全没有。
No. Not really.
如果我没记错的话,你还参加了比肯斯菲尔德的补选。
And you ran in the by-election at Beaconsfield, if I remember.
但是惨败。
And got hammered.
没有一个工党的候选人能在比肯斯菲尔德取胜。
Any Labour candidate would get hammered at Beaconsfield.
那你是怎么拿下塞奇菲尔德的
How did you get Sedgefield?
靠关系呗
Connections, I suppose.
或许內利斯特就是发现了这个,才把你赶了出来。
Maybe that’s what Nellis picked up on,and that’s why you fell out.
不不,恕我直言,內利斯特和我闹崩了是因为,
No, Nellis and I fell out because, with respect,
他和他那些激进倾向的朋友们
he and his Militant Tendency friends
要为这次败选负全部的责任。
are entirely responsible for this election defeat.
现在只有一年半的时间留给工党去改变
I mean, look, this party has about 18 months left to live.
越早理清党内,越早除掉內利斯特
The sooner it modernizes,the sooner it expels him
和他那些狐朋狗友们,越好
and the rest of those dinousaurs, the better.
你可以坐那儿
The desk over there.
# 人的旗帜是最深的红 #
# The people’s flag is deepest red #
首先,我想感谢宪♥章♥派和妇女参政派,
First off all, I’d like to thank the Chartists and the Suffragettes
他们确保在这个国家无论男女,所有工人们都能参与投票。
who gave every working man and woman a vote in this country.
只要我们继续团结,那就没有什么能把我们击败,
If we remain united,not only will we never be defeated,
但在这个进程中,
but in the process,
我们要先阻止撒切尔的连任
we’ll roll back the years of Thatcherism.
# 我们将捍卫红旗在此高高飘扬 #
# Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer #
# 在我们幼小的力量上飘动 #
# We’ll keep the red flag flying here #
# 让他们走出去 #
# Get them out #
# 让他们去工作 #
# Make them work #
# 给他们一个工厂,引领他们前行 #
# Give them a factory, take them away #
# 让他们走出去 #
# Get them out #
# 让他们去工作 #
# Make them work #
你收到这个了吗?
Did you get one of these?
一个激进分子募捐活动的邀请函。
Invitation to a Militant fundraiser.
我才不去。
Yeah, but I can’t go.
为什么不去?
Why not?
也许是我没有得体的西装
I don’t possess a Crimplene suit.
还要记得戴礼帽。
Or a flat cap, I expect.
而且我念“同志”时感觉总是不对
Besides, when I say comrade,it comes out wrong.
来试试
Try it.
同志们!
Comrades!
再来点激♥情♥
It needs to be more “Comrades!”
同志们!
Comrades!
我想我该恭喜你了
Oh, I believe congratulations are in order.
听说你妻子怀孕了
Your wife, she’s expecting a baby.
是的
Yes, she is.
谢谢
Thanks.
那你呢?介意我问吗?
What about you?Do you mind my asking?
我的什么?
What about me?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!