– 乔, 格雷丝是想骑马吗?
– Thank you.
– Joe, did Grace try to ride?
这个问题你应该去跟格雷丝谈, 女士
I expect you should talk to Grace
about that, ma’am.
如果我做错了什么, 我很抱歉
If I did anything wrong,
I’m sorry.
别把她从你身边推开
Don’t let her turn you away.
格雷丝
Grace?
你没什么事吧?
Is everything all right?
– 你是不是又试着骑马了?
– 是的
– Did you try riding again?
– Yeah.
那是不是意味着我痊愈了?
Does that mean I’m cured?
没有人要给你治病
Nobody’s trying to cure you.
我只是想说
你又骑马了,这太好了
Look, I just wanna say I think
it’s great that you’re riding again.
– 我明白你为什么不愿意让别人知道…
– 是呀,你什么都明白
– And I think I know why you needed to…
– Yeah, you know everything.
别这样。你为什么不愿和我交谈?
你为什么生我的气
Stop it. Why won’t you let me talk to you?
Why are you so angry with me?
无论我怎么做, 都是错
无论说什么, 都是错
Whatever I do, it’s wrong.
Whatever I say, it’s wrong.
你也知道这种感受了?
Yeah? Well, now you know
how it feels.
我知道自己对你很严厉
Look, I…I know that
I’m hard on you sometimes.
– 是的
– 我很抱歉让你有这种感觉
– Right.
– And I’m sorry if that makes you feel this way.
可是,你知道我这样做是为了你–
But if I push you,
it’s only because I want…
如果你把我朔造成完美的女儿
那你就是个完美的母亲! 对不对?
Because if I’m the perfect daughter, that
makes you the perfect mother, right?
根本就不是那样!
I don’t deserve that!
我这样做不是为了我自己
I don’t push for me.
我是为了你
我不想让你长大成人却不知道你是属于哪的
I push for you so that you don’t spend half
your life not knowing where you belong.
是吗?你的工作可真伟大
Yeah? Well, you’ve done a great job.
是啊
Yeah.
谁想像我这样呢?
Who’s ever gonna want me like this?
别哭
Don’t cry.
谁会愿意要我这样的呢?
没人愿意
Who’s ever gonna want me like this?
Nobody will.
我不这么想, 可是我的确明白
你的感受
I know it sometimes doesn’t seem this way, but
I do understand what, what you’re feeling.
我象你这么大时,
当, 我父亲死了…
When I was your age,
and when my, when my dad died…
我当时觉得我失去了一切
我会一直孤独下去, 可是…
I’d felt like I’d lost everything
and I’d be all alone, and…
可是…可是,我有了你
And… But I’ve got you.
我曾经每天晚上都祈祷…
I used to pray every night…
你和爸爸再生一个孩子…
that you and Dad
would have another kid…
那样,我就不必那么…独特了
so I wouldn’t have to be
so special.
我, 我明白了
I…I know.
我明白你有多么难
失去了最好的朋友…
And I know how, how hard it must be
to have lost your best friend…
再加上身体变得和以前不一样了
and have your body be different
than from how you’d like it to be.
可是有一天, 会有人发现你变成了一个多么出色的女人
他们都会明白…
But one day, somebody will look at this
extraordinary woman that you’re becoming and…
他们有多爱你
all they’ll see
is how much they love you.
我就是这么想的
That’s all I see.
– 喂?
– 您好, 美国电♥话♥电报公♥司♥服务台
– Yep?
– Hello, this is A T& T Conference Service.
– 你是安妮·迈克里恩吗?
– 是的
– Is this Annie MacLean?
– Yes.
高楚克先生和菲尔领先生给你打电♥话♥
I have a conference call scheduled for
you with Mr Gottschalk and Mr Felton.
菲尔领先生
请你等一等
Mr Felton. Hold on, please.
好,接过来吧
Okay, I’m ready.
我一直在等你回来
I’ve been waiting for you
to come back.
你饿吗?
Are you hungry?
朱迪丝正在跟我讲她的男朋友
Judith was,
telling me about this boy.
我甚至记不得他的名字
I never even got his name.
我们快走到铁路桥了
We were gonna go around
the railroad bridge.
我们为什么事情哈哈大笑, 我记不得了
We were laughing about something.
I don’t know what.
她的马摔倒了…
And her horse fell…
朱迪丝的脚卡在马蹬子里
and Judith’s foot
was caught in the stirrup.
她是那么害怕
And she was so scared.
哦,接着我看见这辆卡车开过来
And next I saw this truck
coming around the turn.
它一直响着喇叭想让我们离开
And it was honking,
trying to get us to move.
而我,我 – 我试着去抓她的马缰绳…
And I…I tried
to grab her reins and…
想把她的马拉开
to get her horse
to move out of the way.
然后卡车开始刹车
And the truck started to skid.
可, 可是不管做什么都来不及了
And there was no time
to do anything.
卡车朝着朱迪丝撞过去…
It ran right into Judith, and…
朱迪丝看不见了
And she just disappeared.
接着它又朝朝圣者和我开过来
And then it came
at Pilgrim and me.
朝圣者对着卡车暴跳起来
And Pilgrim reared up
at the truck.
然后,我摔了下去
And I fell off.
可是朱迪丝…
哦,上帝,朱迪丝
But Judith… Oh, God, Judith.
– 我很难过,朱迪丝
– 格雷丝
– I’m so sorry, Judith.
– Grace.
我不会跟你说这种感觉会停止
Now, I’m not gonna tell ya
it’s gonna stop feelin’ this bad.
可是你什么错事也没做
But I will tell you
you didn’t do anything wrong.
同样的事可能也会发生在我身上…
The same thing
could’ve happened to me…
佛兰克、或乔伊身上
or to Frank or to Joey.
纠缠于这些事为什么发生是无意义的
And it doesn’t make any sense to try
to figure out why these things happen.
有一个从美国土著人部落来的男孩
There was a boy from
the Blackfeet reservation.
他在这附近干活
He used to do some work around here
for a while.
l6岁,很强壮,还善良
Sixteen, strong kid, good kid.
我们俩是非常非常好的朋友
He and I were
really, really good friends.
一天,他往湖里扎猛子…
One day he went swimmin’
and dove headfirst into the lake…
他撞到了岩石—
and right into a rock.
折断了脖子, 他伤得很重
And it snapped his neck,
paralysed him.
出事以后…
And after the accident…
我常常去看他
I’d look in on him
from time to time.
可是呆在那的不是他
But he wasn’t there.
就好象他的大脑, 他的精神, 全都消失了
It was like his mind, his spirit, whatever
you want to call it, just disappeared.
他只有忿怒
The only thing left
was just anger.
就好象是…
Just sort of as if the…
我原来认识的那个男孩到另一地方去了
the boy I once knew
just went somewhere else.
我知道他的感受
I know where he goes.
我知道你知道
I know you do.
你不要像他那样
Don’t you disappear.
做勇敢的好姑娘,就该向前闯
You do whatever you have to do
to hold on.
我再告诉你一点事
I’ll tell you one more thing.
你知道朝圣者干嘛要跳起来
向着卡车撞吗?
You know when Pilgrim
reared up against that truck?
你知道我的想法吗?
You know what I think?
我想这家伙太爱你了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!